|Before the Coming
of the Toa
| | | | ||
| | |
|After the Coming
of the Toa
| | | | |
The Coming of the Toa
- Takua, because of his adventurous ways which often lead to trouble, is banished from Ta-Koro.
- With a millennium having passed since the Great Cataclysm, Makuta Teridax launches a new wave of Rahi against Mata Nui in an attempt to kidnap the village Turaga.
- Whenua summons Takua to come to Onu-Koro, but by the time Takua arrives, Whenua has been abducted. Takua locates Vakama's missing Firestaff before Taipu points Takua in the direction of the Great Mine. There Takua battles Rahi throughout the passage, and frees Whenua trapped by a Vatuka. Once back in Onu-Koro, Whenua relates to Takua the current problems of the island: the Turaga, save Vakama, are missing, and each of the Vuata Maca trees in each village are poisoned. The Toa Stones are also needed in this time of peril. For his quest, Whenua gives Takua a Volo Lutu Launcher. Takua recovers the Onua Toa Stone and the two Vuata Maca crystals in another area of Onu-Koro. After healing the Onu-Koro Vuata Maca tree and beating Onepu in a Ussal race, Takua goes on his way.
- Upon arriving in Ga-Koro, Takua is challenged to a Ngalawa Boat Race and wins, beating even Maku. Takua then journeys to find Nokama, who has been held captive in a Makika cave. Takua quickly saves her, before journeying to find the Toa Gali stone and the Vuata Maca crystals.
- No sooner does Takua arrive in Po-Koro than he discovers Whenua's stolen Drill. While heading to the village, Podu's friend asks Takua help him free Podu, who was trapped in a rockslide while they were playing Kohlii. Takua does this, then begins searching for the Turaga. After saving a trapped Moa Bird, Takua uses the drill to free Onewa from his trap. Takua also locates a Bamboo Disk and makes use of it in fighting the Rahi. It isn't long before he defeats a Kofo-Jaga and claims the Toa Pohatu stone.
- Onewa gives directions to Le-Koro, and Takua sets off. Upon his arrival, Takua is challenged by a Le-Matoran to a Kewa Ride and wins. While scouring the trees for clues, Takua finds Nuju's Ice Pick. He soon reaches a Kewa's nest where he recovers Matau. He also discovers the Vuata Maca crystals. Takua and the Turaga return to the village where Matau allows the Matoran temporary use of his staff. Takua is then able to track down and recover the Toa Lewa stone.
- Takua next makes his way to Ko-Koro, and after a victorious game of Huai Snowball Sling, the Sanctum Guard issues Takua a brief warning of the extreme temperatures before allowing him admittance. There Takua is told that the Rahi have foiled Matoro's attempts to recover Nuju. After warding off the Snow Birds, Takua tracks down Nuju, who gives him Nokama's Trident as it had been stolen by Rahi and found by Nuju himself. Nuju then requests Takua find the Kopaka Toa stone and the "Element of Melting", a heating device used to control the water supply in the village. Takua finds these and the crystals and returns them to the village.
- After so long, Takua finally returns to Ta-Koro. Vakama doubts the wanderer's abilities, and sends him to find the antidote to cleanse the poisoned wells in the village. After a brief (and victorious) game of Ignalu Lava Surfing--one won with a lavaboard once given to him by Vakama--Takua then purifyies the wells. Takua accomplishes this. However, Jaller informs him that in his absence, a gang of Fire Mahi have captured Vakama. Takua frees Vakama, recovers the Tahu stone and the crystals, although as he does, he spies a strange mechanism deep in the volcano. After returning the items, Takua returns and activates the mechanism, but this only causes the ground to cave in. Takua lands on his lavaboard onto a flow of the lava, riding it down the stream and through an opening. He is flung out the volcano and crashes to a halt at Kini-Nui.
- All the Turaga have gathered there to discuss Takua's actions, and are surprised to find him. Takua returns their staves to them, and in response, they allow him to insert the Toa Stones in the right slots in the temple's suva--slots where they must be put in only the most desperate times. Takua requests Vakama give his board to a trustworthy Matoran, as he fears what is about to happen. He puts the Toa Stones in their correct slots.
- Upon inserting the stones, a blast from the Toa Stones hurls Takua to the Ta-Wahi Beach, knocking him unconscious for a short period and giving him amnesia.
- Dazed from the explosion, Takua has a strange vision of The Legend of Mata Nui.
- A Tarakava attacks Ga-Koro and sinks a hut containing Turaga Nokama and all the Ga-Matoran except Macku, who escapes.
- The six canisters arrive on the island Mata Nui's beach, and the Toa Mata emerge from them, being obliged to rebuild themselves and possessing no memory of their past life.
- Tahu awakens in Ta-Wahi and after reassembling himself begins walking down the beach. Takua stirs as he does, awakening with temporary amnesia. He notices Tahu's footprints in the sand walking away from his canister. Seeing Tahu from afar, he starts to follow the Toa's path to Ta-Koro, but is blocked by a lava stream.
- Lewa awakens, and performs some aerial tricks upon discovering his elemental power of Air.
- Onua gains consciousness. Comfortable with digging and testing his power, he discovers Onu-Koro, where he talks with Onepu and Turaga Whenua.
- Gali awakens and meets with a rampaging Tarakava, but manages to escape by discovering that she controls the waters.
- Kopaka revives, and travels to Ko-Koro. There, he meets and rescues Matoro from a Nui-Rama after being told the Legend of Mata Nui by the Matoran, then converses with Turaga Nuju, and begins his quest for the masks.
- Pohatu awakens and finds Po-Koro, where he is told the Legend of Mata Nui. Shortly after, he leaves the village and tests his Mask of Speed, passing Le-Koro and arriving on Mount Ihu.
- Takua returns to the beach and heads for the Great Telescope, where he remembers his vision of the Legend of Mata Nui.
- Tahu, mistaken as a Rahi, is attacked by Jaller and the Ta-Koro Guard. Turaga Vakama intervenes before a fight takes place.
- Takua heads back again to Ta-Koro, where speaks with Vakama and recovers his lavaboard from Maglya. Then returns to the beach through the Charred Forest, where he meets with Kapura. Finally, he returns to the beach where he finds Macku, who informs him of the Tarakava attack on Ga-Koro and pleads him to help. Takua travels by boat to Ga-Koro while Macku searches for Gali.
- Pohatu notices Kopaka, and tries to get to him fast, but he accidentally crashes into a wall, burying Kopaka in the progress. After freeing himself from Pohatu's avalanche, Kopaka meets the Toa of Stone. With strong arguement from Pohatu, they decide to work together. The two find Kopaka's Hau on Mount Ihu. Seeing others, Kopaka and Pohatu journey to meet the other Toa.
- On the way, a Kane-Ra attacks them. Kopaka traps the beast in a canyon, noting it will eventually escape. Pohatu prolongs it imprisonment by collapsing the ravine's wall. Not long after, they arrive in the clearing where Kopaka saw the other Toa.
- Reuniting for the first time in 100,000 years, the Toa discuss the next course of action and individually embark on their quests to find the Masks of Power around the island. Before they start, Makuta Teridax causes an earthquake in an attempt to frighten the Toa, ceasing the moment Gali realizes Makuta is responsible. Contrary to Tahu's plan that they go in pairs, they all go in different directions and begin seeking out their masks.
- Lewa fights an infected Rahi in Onu-Wahi for possession of his Kanohi Pakari.
- Gali is saved by Lewa from waters controlled by Teridax. She swims in the sea in search of Ga-Koro and fights another Tarakava, trapping it in a cave.
- Takua arrives in Ga-Koro, which bears damage from the Tarakava attack, and is able to free the villagers. This draws the attention of the Tarakava, but it is defeated upon Gali's arrival.
- Learning of an epidemic in Po-Koro, Takua heads there and discovers that the newest Kolhii ball, the Comet, is infected by Teridax, causing the epidemic, and informs Onewa of this. Being unable to find out the origin of the new product from the seller, the Matoran comes across a key with an elemental symbol on it. Takua goes to the Po-Wahi Quarry and discovers one of the tunnels is stored with Infected Masks and Kolhii Balls. It is guarded by a Nui-Jaga. Pohatu arrives, is blinded, and with Takua's help, defeats the creature. The Comet balls are thrown into the sea, ending the epidemic.
- Takua is appointed Chronicler by Nokama.
- Tahu travels to Onu-Wahi to gain a Kanohi Akaku and on the way is attacked by a swarm of Kofo-Jaga under Teridax's influence. After defeating them, Tahu sees that Teridax somehow uses Infected Kanohi to make the Rahi his minions, but without comprehension.
- Le-Koro is attacked by a swarm of Nui-Rama, who capture Turaga Matau and all the Matoran, except the Gukko Force, and take them to the Nui-Rama Hive.
- Traveling to Onu-Koro, Takua helps drain a lava build-up in the Cavern of Light, and then helps opening a sundial that is obstructing work in the Great Mine. The extra lighting provided by Takua helps the Onu-Matoran dig through a passage way into Le-Koro. Takua befriends Taipu, a Miner working there, and agrees to travel with him to the village.
- After a short walk, Taipu is suddenly captured by a Nui-Rama. Takua continues to Le-Koro in hope of finding help and learns of the Nui-Rama attack from the villagers.As they are, the Gukko Force and their leader Kongu, prepare an attack on the Nui-Rama Hive. Takua rides as a second on Kongu's Gukko, Ka.
- Kongu and Takua make it into the nest, but their Gukko is injured, and an infected Lewa reveals himself. However, this happens right as Onua breaks into the Hive, and an intense battle takes place between the Toa. Onua gains the upper hand, and knocks off Lewa's Infected mask. Giving Lewa his Miru back, the two take down the Hive, and rescue all the Matoran.
- Lewa travels to a subterranean lake in Le-Wahi to take possession of a Kanohi Kakama and fights a Nui-Jaga. He almost drowns in the water, but manages to complete his mission.
- Gali travels to find her Kanohi Miru, in the mountains of Po-Wahi, finding it and using it successfully when the mountain crumbles underneath. Landing, she finds herself trapped by Rahi.
- Lewa is almost devoured by a Muaka, but is saved by Onua. Later, he meets Onua and Pohatu, who tell him the Toa are going to have a meeting.
- Gali is saved by Tahu, but during the battle with the Rahi she has a vision of the Toa Kaita.
- Kopaka journeys to Ta-Wahi to collect his Kanohi Pakari. While doing so, he is hit by a chunk of ice and receives a vision of Akamai and Wairuha. After gaining his Kanohi Pakari, Kopaka is saved by Lewa, who tells him about his encounter with Onua and Pohatu, informing Kopaka that Onua has called a meeting. Kopaka theorizes that the vision was from Teridax, since it nearly killed him.
- Jaller, Macku, Onepu, Matoro, Kongu, and Hewkii intercept Kopaka and Lewa and try to convince them to go to a Bamboo Disk tournament. However, the Toa are otherwise occupied. The Matoran encounter a Nui-Jaga, which they defeat by forming a Matoran Nui and using a trap.
- Onua's meeting begins, and Teridax causes the Mangai Volcano to erupt. Lewa and Onua rush to stop it, while the others face numerous Rahi. After overcoming these obstacles, the Toa decide to work as a team in their search for Kanohi.
- The six Toa travel to the Po-Koro shoreline where Gali, Kopaka and Onua use their Kanohi Kaukau to gain Tahu's Kanohi Miru. While traveling to get it, the three defeat a Tarakava.
- Takua heads to Ta-Koro, and learns from Jaller that his scouts in Ko-Wahi have disappeared. Jaller gives Takua an Ensign and charges him with finding what has happened to the scouts. Takua goes to Ko-Wahi, and finds Kopeke frozen. He uses a Heatstone to thaw him out, and learns from him that the scouts were taken by Teridax.
- Kopaka, Pohatu, and Lewa travel to the highest bluff in Po-Wahi to get Pohatu's Kanohi Kaukau.
- Gali, Tahu, and Onua arrive in Le-Wahi to gain Tahu's Kanohi Kakama. Tahu burns down a tree to retrieve the Mask of Power and nearly sets the forest on fire. Gali puts out the fires and angrily stalks off.
- Takua first travels to Ko-Koro, and then journeys out to the mountains to find Matoro, Nuju's translator. He falls unconscious because of the harsh blizzard conditions, and has a vision of the Bohrok. However, he is saved by Matoro who reassures the Matoran and then leaves him in a small igloo. While journeying out a moment, Matoro finds a dangerous Muaka who attacks Matoro. Kopaka then arrives in the area and intervenes. After a small battle, Kopaka defeats the Rahi using his Mahiki and Huna.
- Back in Ko-Koro, Takua, Matoro and the Turaga Nuju, who speaks in the language of flying Rahi, discuss the Toa's absence. A plan is formed and Takua is assigned to collect a team to protect the entrance of Kini-Nui while the Toa battle Teridax. Takua gathers Kapura, Macku, Hafu, Taipu, Tamaru, and Kopeke to journey with him.
- The Toa Mata finish collecting all six parts of the Makoki Stone, which are to be used to unlock the way to the Mangaia. The six also finish collecting the rest of the masks by retrieving Tahu's Kanohi Kaukau.
- The villages begin a major defense against the Rahi that approach while the Toa travel into Kini-Nui.
- The Chronicler's Company arrives at the Kini-Nui to defend Kini-Nui. Gali creates a mental link with Takua.
- The Toa receive their Golden Kanohi at Kini-Nui, and the path to Teridax's lair, Mangaia, is revealed.
- The company tries to fend off the Rahi, but are soon outnumbered. However, they are rescued by the arrival of the Ta-Koro Guard, Gukko Force and other defending groups, successfully defeating the Rahi.
- Meanwhile, the Toa encounter two Manas, which are nearly unstoppable. Gali and Kopaka agree based on their visions that they must combine to form the Toa Kaita, and they do so. The Toa Kaita destroy the strange devices used to keep the Manas strong and intelligent, weakening the Manas. After this, it is not long before the Manas themselves are defeated. Before entering Mangaia the six are forced to separate because of Teridax's divisive power.
- Takua receives a vision from Gali saying that they are entering the lair of the Teridax and that the visions from here will end. Gali urges Takua to find them.
- The Toa face the Shadow Toa, reaching victory after accepting that shadow is a part of them, as with all beings, and absorbing the shadowy attackers.
- After the battle, Onepu tells Takua that something has happened to the sundial, and Whenua needs to speak with him. Takua rides on Pewku, and reaches Onu-Koro. Whenua tells Takua the sundial may be another passageway to Mangaia, and if so, it is his duty as Chronicler to travel there. Takua travels into the sundial and reaches the Toa Mata, but hides out of sight as they approach the Makuta.
- Teridax appears to the Toa Mata in his inner chamber as a mere Matoran, and mocks the Toa, then changing form to a swirling vortex of pieces and shadowy tentacles and battling the Toa. The Toa counter by blasting him with their elemental power, which appears to defeat him. The Toa are teleported up to Kini-Nui.
- Takua quietly looks around the damaged area and discovers the Bohrok. As they begin to awaken, he is transported up through a portal onto the surface of the Ta-Wahi Beach. More Bohrok stir, but they are set to rest again.
- Vakama awaits Takua on the beach and converses with him for a time before the two of them return to the safety of Ta-Koro.
One Month After the Coming of the Toa
- The Toa are celebrating their victory over Makuta when the earth begins to tremble.
- The defeated Makuta Teridax activates a sonic signal that causes the Bohrok swarms to awake. They ascend above the surface and begin destroying all life on Mata Nui.
- A swarm of Pahrak and Kohrak attack Ta-Koro. Kapura escapes, and is driven temporarily mad. The Toa find Kapura babbling the word "Bohrok" again and again. Upon arriving in Ta-Koro, they are met with the sight of the attacking Bohrok. Gali and Lewa create a thunderstorm, chasing them off. Turaga Vakama tells the legend of the Bohrok and explains to the Toa the powers of the swarms. He also tasks them with gathering eight different types of Krana from each of the swarm.
- Kongu is searching for his Bamboo Disk when he finds a Bohrok. He gets the warning to Matau.
- The Toa return to each of their villages to capture Krana.
- Pahrak and Lehvak attack Po-Koro, destroying the carvings. Pohatu gathers a few Krana.
- Kopaka arrives in Ko-Wahi where he finds Ko-Koro safe due to its hidden location. However, Tahnok have already destroyed the Three Brothers Bridge and wreaked havoc in the region. After more fighting, he seeks out the other Toa to determine if they have determined anything, heading for Po-Wahi.
- Onua, while travelling to Onu-Koro, locates and defeats a swarm of Nuhvok. He then arrives in Onu-Koro when suddenly a Gahlok swarm floods the cavern. Onua agrees with Whenua to retreat and regroup on the surface.
- As Lewa reaches Le-Koro, he discovers it has been taken over by the Bohrok; all of Le-Koro's Matoran (except for Kongu and Tamaru), as well as Turaga Matau, are under the control of the Krana. The Le-Matoran jump on Lewa, who dares not fight his own villagers. A Krana is placed on his face.
- Gali, while travelling through Le-Wahi, encounters a swarm of Tahnok. She traps some of the Bohrok into a swamp and gathers Krana. She realizes that the Bohrok are just robotic beings, controlled by Krana.
- Lewa hurries through the jungle, but falls more and more under the influence of the Bohrok.
- Seven days after the Bohrok have first arrived, the Tahnok launch an attack on Po-Koro. Kopaka, Onua, Gali and Pohatu prepare a trap for the Tahnok swarm. Kopaka and Onua then depart to check on Tahu and Lewa respectively.
- At Onewa's suggestion, a team is prepared to head out with Hafu to topple his statues beside the Path of Prophecies to stop the Tahnok advance. The Tahnok attack outside the border sooner then expected however, and Hafu goes and accomplishes the mission alone. He is then trapped outside.
- Kopaka travels to Ta-Wahi in order to check on Tahu. During the way, he trails a Tahnok Va and discovers a Bohrok Nest.
- After receiving no contact from Lewa for several days, Onua is sent to find him.
- Gali and Pohatu successfully execute the plan, flooding a canyon in Po-Wahi. Gali dives in for their Krana.
- Tahu makes a motivating speech to the Ta-Matoran. Kopaka arrives and tells him about the nest.
- Gali retrieves several Krana from the Tahnok and narrowly escapes those that try to pursue her. She and Pohatu leave, even as Gahlok prepare to attack.
- The Tahnok attack Hafu but Pohatu rescues him at the last minute and reaches the village with Hewkii's help.
- While the last of Onu-Koro is being evacuated, the Gahlok attack again. Onepu, Taipu and Nuparu are trapped in a cave. Using parts from a destroyed Bohrok, they create the Boxor, which they use to escape.
- After countless Rahi have been displaced by the Bohrok, the entire ecosystem risks collapse.
- Around sunrise, Kopaka shows Tahu the entrance to the Bohrok tunnels. Tahu nearly starts down, but Kopaka convinces Tahu to wait until the Krana are collected and the Toa are gathered.
- After recovering Lewa's Kanohi Miru, Onua is attacked by Lewa, who is controlled by a Krana Za. Lewa fights Onua who resists, not wanting to hurt Lewa. He helps Lewa to regain his control and remove the Krana, while the Onu-Matoran, who came with him make their first attack on a Lehvak swarm.
- Takua and Nuparu, joining with Kongu and Tamaru, make a plan, using the Boxors, to save Le-Koro. The following day, Kongu and Tamaru lure the Nuhvok near Le-Koro and the Krana-controlled Matoran into open space. There, the Onu-Matoran attack with the Boxors, take out the swarm and free the Le-Matoran.
- Po-Koro is evacuated.
- While proceding through Po-Wahi, Pohatu and Gali are attacked by the Tahnok they had trapped, but Pohatu blocks their path with stone, and Gali sweeps them away with a flood of water. Now that they have all the Krana they need, they resolve to meet up with the others.
- The Toa reunite and descend into the nest. As they do, Lewa realizes that Teridax released the Bohrok. Kopaka freezes the Tahnok Va guards.
- Toa encounter a strange impenetrable wall. Tahu explores an opening, but is trapped in the Bohrok Nest. Shortly after, lava rushes toward the other Toa.
- A Krana is affixed to Tahu's face, but he manages to break free nearly instantly and recover his Golden Kanohi.
- Takua, Jaller, and others arrive in Ga-Koro to defend against the Bohrok. Soon after, all of the Po-Matoran arrive in Ga-Koro after retreating from Po-Koro.
- Pahrak attack Ga-Koro, but Macku, Kotu, and Hahli destroy the path to Ga-Koro from the shore, giving temporary peace.
- Lewa realizes the wall is an illusion as Kopaka freezes the lava. The Toa thus manage to get through the wall. As they escape to the next chamber, Tahu blasts the Bohrok Nest apart, breaking into the room the other Toa were in, and they all fall through the floor. The Toa find niches into which the Krana fit. The Krana unlock six passages to the Exo-Toa, which the Toa don.
- In Ta-Koro, the Onu-Matoran and the Ta-Matoran use Boxors to defend their village against the Bohrok.
- Pahrak destroy a sculpture of Gali's Kaukau to reach Ga-Koro and overturn lily pads the Boxor are standing on.
- Lewa and Tahu each encounter one of the Bahrag queens. Kopaka helps Lewa overcome Gahdok and lures her into the cave. The Toa use the Exo-Toa's power to drive the Bahrag to the center of their chamber, but this only increases the Bahrag's power. The Toa fight the Bahrag, but Kopaka is blasted by hail, Lewa frozen, Onua and Pohatu trapped in illusions. Tahu and Gali try to call upon their elemental powers, but are deserted by them. Pohatu breaks free of the illusion, but is unable to stop the Bahrag. Realizing that the Exo-Toa hinder their elemental power, the Toa shed their armor.
- Macku and Kotu rescue the pilots as Pahrak Va bring Krana Vu, letting the Bohrok fly over to the remaining lily pads. Using a makeshift catapult, Takua joins the group in Ga-Koro and confronts the Bohrok, just before the defeat of Bahrag stops the Bohrok.
- The Toa blast the Bahrag with a single beam of all six of their elemental powers combined. The Bahrag are trapped in a cage of solid Protodermis.
- The ground beneath the Toa sinks, plunging them into Energized Protodermis where they are transformed into the Toa Nuva. The Toa Nuva encounter out of control Tahnok, and defeat them with the Pakari Nuva and forming an ice wall. Using the Miru and Kakama Nuva they fly out of the cavern. Tahu renames the team as the Toa Nuva.
- Around the island, Bohrok stop their attacks and, the Nuva Symbol appear in the Suva. Moreover, the Kanohi the Toa previously collected disappear, and Kanohi Nuva are teleported to Mata Nui from Artakha.
- The Bohrok swarms, removed of their Krana and disconnected from the influence of the Bahrag, are programmed to assist in the island's reparation efforts. The Bohrok Va assist in the efforts as well.
- The Krana are sealed in Krana Pits all over the island of Mata Nui.
- Naho Falls is rebuilt and the game of Kolhii is redeveloped.
Two Months After the Coming of the Toa
- Makuta arranges for the awakening of the Bohrok-Kal from their hibernation in their secret nest and plot to defeat the Toa Nuva.
- Turaga Vakama gives the Kanohi Vahi to Toa Nuva Tahu, asking him to keep its existence a secret, and to use it only in the direst emergency.
- While the Toa Nuva engage in a mock battle to test their new powers against each other, their tempers get out of control. Against Gali's protests, the Toa Nuva believe that they no longer need one another and part ways.
- Kopaka travels to Ko-Koro to be present for Turaga Nuju's ceremonial placement of the Nuva Symbol in the Ko-Suva.
- The Av-Matoran Takua and the Ta-Matoran Jaller return to Ta-Koro. Takua re-unites with Pewku and they tell Vakama about the Matoran's efforts during the Attack on Ga-Koro.
- Gahlok-Kal and Nuhvok-Kal steal Lewa's symbol. Lewa's demonstration of his new Air powers is interrupted miles above Mata Nui, and he freefalls towards the ground. The Le-Matoran Kongu rescues Lewa by catching him on his Gukko, Ka.
- Matoro, guarding the Ko-Suva, is defeated by the combined efforts of Kohrak-Kal and Nuhvok-Kal, who steal the symbol. Deprived of his Ice powers, Kopaka loses control of the ice bridge he is on and tumbles down a crevasse. Thinking quickly, he stops his fall by jamming his Ice Blade into the walls of the crevasse. Turaga Nuju rescues Kopaka using his Kanohi Matatu.
- While on patrol, Jaller and Takua discover Tahnok-Kal stealing Tahu's symbol. Using its power of Lightning, the Bohrok-Kal evades the Matoran but is stopped by Tahu at the city's gates. The Tahnok-Kal destroys the arch of the Ta-Koro gateway, bringing rubble down on the Toa Nuva, whose Fire powers had failed him.
- Lehvak-Kal steals Onua's symbol.
- Gahlok-Kal and Pahrak-Kal plunder Pohatu's symbol from Po-Koro.
- Tahnok Kal and Lehvak-Kal steal Gali's symbol. Gali is nearly drowned by a tidal wave she formed but can no longer control, due to her lack of Water powers.
- Tahu emerges from the rubble, and the Matoran and Toa consult Vakama's Sacred Fire to discover the identity of the Symbol thief. The Sacred Fire informs the assembled party of the mission of the Bohrok-Kal. Tahu decides to pursue the creature and recover the Symbol, accompanied by Takua and Jaller.
- While traveling through Le-Wahi, Tahu, Takua and Jaller witness Lewa falling from the trees. The Toa of Air explains that he has been robbed of his powers and joins the party. While traversing the Motara Desert of Po-Wahi, the company stumbles upon Pohatu, to which several Mahi have been magnetized. Pohatu joins the company. Eventually, Onua, Kopaka and Gali join the traveling party. With the Toa Nuva reunited, Takua and Jaller return to Ta-Koro
- Upon learning from Gali that two Bohrok-Kal were seen in Po-Wahi, the Toa give chase and arrive to find the assembled Bohrok-Kal. When the Toa refuse to reveal the Bahrag's location and try to fight the Bohrok-Kal, they are knocked unconscious by their sheer power.
- Upon awakening, Tahu orders the Toa to split into two groups; Tahu, Kopaka and Lewa will pursue the Bohrok-Kal, while Gali, Pohatu and Onua will investigate what happened to the Bahrag. Onua also suggests that the Toa Nuva be on the lookout for Kanohi Nuva, to compensate for their lack of Elemental Powers.
- After an unsuccessful confrontation with the Tahnok-Kal, Gali, Pohatu, and Onua find that the entrance to the Bohrok tunnels is sealed and undiscovered by the Bohrok-Kal. The three of them decide that, based on their prior experiences with Bohrok, they should try targeting the Krana-Kal in the Bohrok-Kal to stop them.
- Kopaka reluctantly allows Pohatu to team up with him while looking for a Kanohi Hau Nuva. An earthquake shatters the roof of the cave the mask is in, Kopaka uses the Kanohi to try to protect both of them, but Pohatu is seemingly killed. Kopaka travels to Po-Koro and gives the Hau Nuva to the Po-Matoran to honor the fallen Pohatu. However, Pohatu shows up at that moment, unharmed.
- Onua and Turaga Whenua search for a Kanohi deep in Onu-Wahi. They face a giant subterranean worm, a swarm of Kofo-Jaga, and two Manas Crabs on the way. The Manas are blocking the way to the mask. Onua lures the Kofo-Jaga swarm in that cave with lava. The Kofo-Jaga fight the Manas, and with all the Rahi distracted, Onua retrieves the Kanohi Nuva.
- Tahu tries but fails to stop a forest fire in Le-Wahi and he meets Lewa. Together they track down Nuhvok-Kal, who was trying to beat them to two Kanohi Nuva. Tahu lures it into a clearing, where, with the help of many Le-Matoran, it is attacked, and its powers nearly exhausted. The Bohrok-Kal departs.
- Turaga Nokama puts Gali through a test; trapping her in an underwater cave. Here, Gali finds the Kanohi Kakama Nuva, and discovers it can be used to move through walls at high speeds. She escapes from a tentacled Rahi and the cave itself with the mask, but not before noticing an ancient engraving of the Toa Metru. Although Nokama hints at the carving's significance, she does not reveal it.
- Gali summons Tahu and Kopaka to the Kini-Nui. The three Toa set off for the "Place of Shadow" to find three Kanohi Nuva. There they face dangers and illusions in the Place of Shadow, as well as discovering vague carvings of the fight between the Toa Metru and the Morbuzakh. Right as they're about to claim the Kanohi, the ground disappears, and they fall into a cave, where Pohatu, Onua, Lewa, and Turaga Vakama are also trapped. 
- The Toa and Vakama confront the Rahi Nui. Vakama is able to use its memory and resentment of him as a Toa Metru, tricking it into trapping itself by ramming its horns into the wall. They escape with the Kanohi Nuva.
- Lewa attempts to sneak up on the Kohrak-Kal, but the Bohrok-Kal blasts it with walls of sound that leave him on the ground dazed and in shock. When Kopaka and Gali find him, Gali suggests they try forming a Kaita.
- Tahu confronts the Pahrak-Kal, almost destroying himself, until Jaller begs him to stop. Pahrak-Kal mocks Tahu, and Jaller sneaks up and steals its Krana-Kal. However, a Gahlok Va delivers a replacement Krana-Kal, and the Toa and Matoran flee.
- Tahu leads a swarm of Tahnok against Nuhvok-Kal, who merely sends them flying into low orbit. Tahu is subsequently defeated by the Bohrok-Kal's Gravity powers.
- Gali, Lewa, and Kopaka, in the form of Toa Nuva Kaita Wairuha, attempt to defeat Gahlok-Kal. It and Kohrak-Kal, Lehvak-Kal form a Bohrok-Kal Kaita, however, and easily defeat the Toa.
- The Bohrok-Kal ascertain the location of the Bahrag's prison.
- Pohatu and Onua temporarily defeat the Tahnok-Kal, and from its Krana-Kal discover that the Bohrok-Kal are headed for the Bohrok Nest. The Tahnok-Kal escapes with the help of the Bohrok Va.
- As the Pahrak-Kal opens up a passageway to the Bahrag with its Plasma powers, the Bohrok swarms cease their reparation efforts and return to their nests.
- The Toa Nuva reunite and apprise each other of their respective news, and Pohatu informs them that the Bohrok-Kal have found the Bahrag nest. The team hurriedly makes their way to the site of the entrance to the Bohrok tunnels. Lewa scouts ahead, and witnesses the Exo-Toa fighting the Bohrok-Kal on their own. The Bohrok-Kal overwhelm and destroy the Exo-Toa, and are ready to place the symbols on the Nuva Cube, unlocking the Bahrag's protodermic Toa Seal and releasing the swarms again.
- The Toa descend into the nest, but with no other options, Tahu summons the Kanohi Vahi and slows time around the Bohrok-Kal at the last minute. Their Krana-Kal turn silver, and project an impenetrable forcefield, rendering them invincible to physical harm.
- At Gali's suggestion, the Toa reach out mentally to the Nuva Symbols, feeding power to the Bohrok-Kal. Their own powers increase, and they pause, falling prey to their own egos, thinking that with this power, they could rule alongside the Bahrag. As they do, their natural powers go out of control, overwhelming them. Tahnok-Kal is imprisoned by its own Lightning powers. Gahlok-Kal is able to place one symbol on the cube, but is crushed by pieces of the Exo-Toa that are pulled by its magnetic power. Lehvak-Kal is blasted through the rock and sent into space by its Vacuum power. Pahrak-Kal is melted by his own plasma, and tumbles towards Aqua Magna's core. Nuhvok-Kal's gravity turns him into a miniature black hole. Kohrak-Kal is disintegrated by intense sound.
- With the symbols retrieved, the Elemental Powers of the Toa Nuva return to them, and they depart the chamber using an Ice staircase created by Kopaka.
- The Turaga successfully retrieve and incarcerate the Krana-Kal and the Nuva Symbols are hidden in safety.
- The Matoran gather at Kini-Nui and the Turaga impart to the Matoran the secret of rebuilding themselves into a new, stronger form to compensate for the energy-sapping effects of the Matoran Spheres. They also hold a Naming Day ceremony, and several Matoran receive new names.
- Weeks pass and the reconstruction of the damaged Koro is completed.
Three Months After the Coming of the Toa
- The Turaga meet in conference at the Kini-Nui and decide to organize a Grand Kolhii Tournament.
- A storm ravages Ga-Koro, but Hahli is able to fix the bridge separating her and Amaya from the rest of the village.
- Nokama returns to Ga-Koro and chooses Macku and Hahli to represent the team in the Kolhii Tournament.
- Shasa gives Hahli the Charm of Unity, Kai gives her Speed's Charm, and Marka the Charm of Purity. Then Hahli pays Pelagia to take her into Naho Bay where she races a Takea to increase her Speed.
- The Onu-Matoran Onepu and Taipu arrive in Ga-Koro to play Hahli and Macku, but the Ga-Matoran beat them. They then invite their opponents to Onu-Koro.
- In Onu-Koro Hahli visits the Marn Tunnels, where Taipu trains her in Stamina, and gives her the Charm of Stamina. Then Hahli retrieves a Sluice for Azibo who gives her Prosperity's Charm, and retrieves mining equipment from the flooded Great Mine.
- Hahli arrives in Ko-Koro and has Jaatikko give her Destiny's Charm, and Toudo Peace's Charm. To train in Willpower, Hahli meets Kantai in The Drifts and gets Willpower's Charm. After her training, the Ga-Matoran team defeats Matoro and Kopeke, Hahli using her Stamina and Speed to win.
- In Le-Koro, Hahli retrieves Faith's Charm from Kongu, and under Tamaru practices Accuracy, finding its corresponding Charm. Then Macku and Hahli defeat Kongu and Tamaru in Le-Koro extending their winning streak.
- Arriving in Po-Koro Hewkii gives Hahli Creation's Charm and Hahli herds Mahi for Golyo, earning Strategy's Charm. Amazingly, Po-Koro is beaten at home by Ga-Koro, and Hahli goes to the last match in Ta-Koro.
- Jaller lets Hahli train in Strength with Keahi, but this leads to Ga-Koro defeating Ta-Koro, setting up the Championship match.
- After considering his and the six Toa's recent confrontation with the Rahi Nui, Vakama calls the Turaga to council not far from Ta-Koro. The Turaga debate whether they should reveal the truth about the past and Metru Nui to the Toa, referencing tales of adventures of the Toa searching for Kanohi Nuva to illustrate the worthiness of the Toa. After passing the night telling their tales, the Turaga reach a consensus and resolve to reveal the truth to the Toa Nuva and Matoran following the forthcoming Kolhii Tournament.
- The Turaga part, and as Vakama, Nokama, and Onewa are heading over to Ta-Koro for the championship, they encounter Jaller who is searching for Takua.
- Takua arrives in an underground lava flow near the Wall of History where Jaller eventually finds him. Takua spots a carved stone on the other side of the cave and, despite Jaller's protests, retrieves it from its pedestal. Takua hurries back toward the stepping stones, only for him to trip. The carved stone falls into the lava and breaks apart, revealing the Kanohi Avohkii. Takua picks up the mask and is about to continue back to Jaller and Pewku, when a wave of lava destroys both sides of the walkway, leaving Takua stranded. Takua tries and fails to get across on his lavaboard leaving him in the middle of the lava river. However, Tahu Nuva arrives in time and carries him to the lava flow entrance. Jaller puts the Avohkii in his backpack and both the Matoran reach the Kolhii field.
- The Kolhii Championship is in a newly built Kolhii field located at Ta-Koro. Turaga Vakama holds a speech as Gali, Tahu and Pohatu arrive at the field. During Ta-Koro's match, Takua tries his special move but sends the ball flying. Hahli scores and Ga-Koro wins the match, but as the game is ending, the Mask of Light falls from Jaller's backpack against Takua's foot and accidentally shines upon Jaller. Vakama and the Matoran mistakenly hail Jaller as Herald. The Turaga give Jaller and Takua the task of finding the seventh Toa, who will wear the Avohkii.
- In the aftermath of the Championship, Hahli finds Charms of Duty, and Strength.
- Hahli returns to Ga-Koro with news of the Seventh Toa, and uses Nixie's Toa formula with seven instead of six, giving her the coordinates G6. Pelagia takes Hahli there in Naho Bay and Hahli finds the Temple of Purity and its Crystal, unlocking it with the Charms.
- The Temple of Prosperity and its Crystal is found at the bottom of the flooded Great Mine.
- Peace's Crystal is found in the Temple of Peace in the Ko-Wahi Drifts.
- Hahli discovers the Temple of Faith in Le-Wahi and the Crystal of Faith.
- The Temple of Creation is unlocked by Hahli, revealing its Crystal.
- Missing only Ta-Wahi's Crystal, Hahli returns to Ta-Koro.
- Makuta Teridax learns of the discovery of the Avohkii. Hoping to kill the Herald and take the mask to stop the coming of the Seventh Toa, he releases the Rahkshi Lerahk, Panrahk and Guurahk.
- Hahli enters Ta-Koro even as Takua and Jaller are embarking on their journey. There Hahli bids Jaller farewell. The Captain of the Guard and Takua leave for their quest on Pewku the Ussal Crab.
- Two Ta-Matoran set off to find the legendary Great Refuge.
- While she is meditating at Kini-Nui, Gali Nuva spies the deadly Rahkshi emerging from underneath the temple. After a brief confrontation, she swims to warn Ta-Koro.
- Some distance away, the Matoran searching for the Great Refuge witness the Rahkshi's arrival and the confrontation.
- The three Rahkshi arrive at Ta-Koro. There they fight Tahu Nuva and Gali Nuva, and destroy most of Ta-Koro searching, but leave when the mask is not discovered. Tahu Nuva is left with a poisonous cut from Lerahk and Vakama realizes the Rahkshi are after the Mask of Light. 
- Hahli is nearly backed into a corner, but is saved by Gali who tells her to lead the Matoran to saftey. Hahli raises the stones in the Ta-Koro moat to form a bridge, and the Ta-Matoran flea the village. As the refugees observe the destruction from the shore, Hahli, the Turaga, and the Toa regroup as Vakama remarks the purpose of the Rahksi. Following this, she proceeds down the path near the Charred Forest where she finds the Temple of Courage and the final Charm of Courage. She enters and secures the sixth and final Crystal of Courage.
- Takua and Jaller are attacked by Graalok the ash bear, but are saved by Lewa Nuva. He summons a Gukko bird and leads the two Matoran to Ko-Wahi then leaves to join Tahu and Gali hearing of Ta-Koro's destruction. After walking around in Ko-Wahi and getting a big scare from some frozen Kohrak, Kopaka Nuva finds the Matoran. They follow him to Ko-Koro, where he sees that the Rahkshi have already been there. The Rahkshi attack the Toa Nuva and Matoran, and Kopaka Nuva manages to defeat them temporarily by freezing them in a pond.
- The three Rahkshi escape the ice and head toward Po-Koro in search of Takua and the Avohkii. Fearing for the saftey of the village, Tahu and Gali attack the three Rahkshi. Lewa shows up to help Tahu and Gali, but all three are buried under an avalanche of poisoned rock. However, they are saved by the protection of the Mask of Shielding and escape. The Rahkshi continue their search.
- Takua and Jaller are traveling to Onu-Koro when Takua gets separated and is faced by Teridax, who demands that he hand over the Mask of Light or watch as Jaller and his fellow villagers are killed. Takua refuses and then leaves Jaller alone with the mask, taking Pewku with him.
- Hahli travels to the Ta-Wahi Beach where she finds a carving of The Legend of Mata Nui near the Great Telescope. There she inserts the Crystals and is teleported.
- Makuta summons three new Rahkshi, the Turahk, Vorahk, and Kurahk, and tells them to capture the mask.
- Hahli arrives at the Kini-Nui to see the three newly released Rahkshi fly overhead.
- Takua arrives in Onu-Koro, where Onua and Pohatu are telling the Onu-Matoran about the Avohkii's discovery.
- The Matoran searching for the Great Refuge encounter Teridax who tells them to turn back. They then encounter Tahu who tells them of Ta-Koro's destruction.
- Soon after, Turahk, Vorahk, and Kurahk invade Onu-Koro. Onua Nuva and Pohatu Nuva try to stop them as Takua flees with the other Matoran, but the Toa of Earth is defeated by Vorahk and Pohatu by Turahk. Tahu, Lewa and Gali soon arrive and help out in the battle.
- Takua, ashamed, realizes that he is doing the wrong thing and returns to help fight.
- Lewa saves Takua from the Rahkshi and tells him to warn Jaller, then returns to the scene of the fight. Tahu Nuva is hit by Kurahk’s anger energy. Combined with the poison that has spread across his body, the power causes Tahu Nuva to turn and attack Gali Nuva and Lewa Nuva. They battle until Kopaka freezes Tahu from behind.
- Takua flees up a chimney but the Rahkshi pursue. However Onua and Pohatu manage to stop them temporarily. The Toa then flee Onu-Koro, the cavern collapsing after a particularly powerful attack by Onua Nuva against the Rahkshi. Though the others fear that they may have lost their brothers, they wokr to get Tahu to saftey.
- Gali, Lewa, and Kopaka are able to combine their powers and Tahu Nuva is cured. This is a technique they had learned earlier when dealing with the Infected Kanohi.
- Takua and Pewku find Jaller climbing the Mangai, and together they continue searching for the Toa of Light.
- Turaga Whenua finds Onua Nuva and Pohatu Nuva and leads them to the surface, to a region near Po-Wahi. There he shows them a cave where Kraata were imprisoned by him and his brothers. Guurahk, Lerahk and Panrahk arrive and cause a cave in, freeing the Kraata.
- While seeking the other Toa for a scheduled meeting, Kopaka is attacked by all six Rahkshi who are traveling through Po-Wahi in search of Takua and Jaller. Though startled, Kopaka manages to freeze Turahk and Lerahk. Vorahk almost defeats him, but Lewa, Gali and Tahu arrive and rescue him. Onua and Pohatu run out of the Kraata cave and Kopaka and Tahu seal it, trapping the Kraata.
- However, the Rahkshi find a means of escape and travel through Le-Wahi to Kini-Nui. While trailing them, Kopaka, Lewa, and Tahu encounter a part of the forest devastated by some unknown power. They find two Matoran whose masks had been infected. After trapping the Matoran in an ice wall for the moment, the Toa find a Shadow Kraata, which had infected the Matoran but they realize some other enemy felled the trees. They give chase, and find both Rahkshi Kaita - Za and Vo. A fight ensues, and the Toa Nuva eventually defeat the Rahkshi Kaita temporarily, though Lewa is nearly lost because they underestimated the enemy's power.
- Even as the Rahkshi draw near Takua and Jaller, who ascend from Onu-Wahi via the Mangai to Kini-Nui, several more battles erupt as the Toa Nuva pursue them. Pohatu and Onua are nearly trapped again, but Kopaka manages to prevent that from happening.
- The Ta-Matoran seeking the Great Refuge go to Kini-Nui in hopes the tunnel to the Great Refuge will be there. They descend into Mangaia.
- Jaller and Takua also reach the Kini-Nui temple, but as they arrive, the Rahkshi attack. Tahu, Gali and Lewa arrive to save the Matoran, and Kopaka, Onua and Pohatu emerge too. Tahu and Lewa defeat Guurahk, Panrahk and Lerahk. Gali is cornered by the other three Rahkshi while leading the Matoran to safety. The Toa defeat Vorahk and Kurahk. Jaller sacrifices himself to Turahk trying to save Takua. Realizing who was destined to wear the mask, Takua places the Mask of Light on his own face, becoming Takanuva. Takanuva then defeats the Turahk.
- A burial mound is erected for Jaller, and the Ussanui vehicle is constructed. Hahli places Jaller's mask on the vehicle to represent his loss.
- While nobody is looking, Hahli stows away on the Ussanui, right before Takanuva rides it to Mangaia and crashes into Mangaia's wall. Hahli flies out and Takanuva tells her to gather the Toa, Turaga, and Matoran to come witness Teridax's defeat.
- Incidentally, Takanuva's arrival interrupts Makuta before he can deal with the Ta-Matoran seeking the Great Refuge. The Matoran are told to flee to Mangaia, and as they do, both agree Makuta stands no chance.
- Makuta Teridax challenges Takanuva to a Kolhii match, and uses his special move to defeat him. Hahli then appears with the crowd, but then Teridax rises again and traps them inside his lair. Then Takanuva jumps on him, removes his mask, and they both fall in an Energized Protodermis pool. Takanuva then merges with Teridax and becomes Takutanuva. The entity then lifts the doorway to Metru Nui.
- As Hahli leaves, Takutanuva uses some of Teridax's life force to revive Jaller, leaving himself weak, and letting the gate crash on him. Takanuva survives, but Teridax is presumed dead by the rest of the Matoran Universe.
- Construction of boats to travel to Metru Nui begins and Nokama proclaims Hahli Chronicler now that Takua is a Toa.
- The connection between the Shadow Kraata and the Infected Masks is identified. The Turaga order a team of Onu-Matoran to bury the Infected Masks are deep beneath Mata Nui until they can be cleansed.
- Turaga Vakama shares a secret that he and the other Turaga have kept for over a thousand years: that he and the other Turaga were once Toa. Over the following months, even as the Matoran build vessels to carry themselves and all that is theirs home, the Turaga tell tales of Metru Nui, and the Toa Metru to the Toa Nuva, Takanuva, and the Matoran. Nokama also restores some of Hahli's ability to translate ancient dialects.
- Concurrent to this period, Turaga Onewa teaches the Toa about dealing with mental attacks given his experience with his mask.
- Although The Wall of History section on Bionicle.com describes the Bohrok invasion as occuring "in recent months," the first page of Bionicle comic Comic 5: To Trap a Tahnok cites "seven suns" as having passed since the Bohrok invasion begins. Like most Bionicle books, the novelization is unclear in its sense of time, but it can be easily made to fit with the comic reckoning.
- Despite the comics saying Onua recovered Lewa's Miru from Lehvak-Va, Beware the Bohrok chapter 11 shows him finding it on the ground.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets