"Matau pushed his powers to their limit, forcing the air around him to swirl violently. Suddenly, he was in the center of a whirlwind which sucked the breath from his lungs."
— Narrator, Trial by Fire
Lewa controlling a cyclone
|Associated colors||Primary: Green|
Air is an Elemental Power.
In the Matoran Universe, Air is often represented by the Matoran prefix Le- as well as the color green.
- Le-Matoran represent the Element of Air. Le-Matoran also contain a very minuscule amount of elemental Air energy, to the extent that they are extremely athletic and nimble. All Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Air are male.
- Toa of Air possess the Elemental Power of Air, allowing them to create, control, and absorb air. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Air Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
- Turaga of Air possess small traces of Elemental Air power.
- Air Gafna can emit pulses of elemental Air energy from their tails.
- Air Burnak can emit pulses of elemental Air energy.
- Skakdi of Air can only access their power if they work with another Skakdi, or if they carry a weapon that allows them to focus their Air power individually.
- Creating air
- Creating cyclones
- Controlling air
- Manipulating wind currents
- Manipulating/absorbing air to create a vacuum
- Turning one's body into a living cyclone (Rahkshi Kaita Za-exclusive)
- Setting a timed air blast (Toa Nuva-exclusive)
- Unleashing an Air Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive)
- When combined with the Elemental Power of Water, it can be used to create a storm or a water spout.
- When combined with the Elemental Power of Fire, it can be used to create a tornado of fire.
- Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each of them wields a different Element, and Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following have/had the Element of Air and/or its subpowers:
- All Air Burnak
- All Air Gafna
- Gresh - Granted to him by the Ignika's powers.
- Krahka - While using Toa Matau's form.
- All Le-Matoran - Inaccessible; manifests as increased agility in precipitous terrain.
- Lehvak-Kal possessed vacuum powers.
- All Makuta - Limited Air powers.
- All Skakdi of Air - Only in conjunction with other Skakdi or through certain weapons.
- Zaktan (formerly; currently fused)
- All Toa of Air
- Iruini - Lost upon his mutation into a Rahaga, but regained when the mutation was reversed.
- Kongu - His powers as a Toa Inika were combined with Lightning.
- Lewa - Enhanced when he became a Toa Nuva
- Matau - His Toa Disk also had Air powers. (formerly; now transformed into a Turaga)
- Nidhiki (Formerly; lost when he was mutated)
- Spinner (Formerly; lost when he was altered by the Dark Hunters)
- Takutanuva - Cyclone and Vacuum. (formerly; now unmerged)
- All Turaga of Air
- Vastus - Granted to him by the Ignika's powers.
All of the following locations are/were affiliated with Air:
- Le-Metru (formerly; now destroyed)
- Le-Wahi (formerly; now destroyed)
- Le-Koro (formerly; now destroyed)
- Gresh and Vastus received Air powers from the Ignika rather than the power of their native element of Jungle; this was because Mata Nui associated their tribe's color of green with Air, the corresponding primary element in the Matoran Universe.
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 20. November 2014
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Ice | Sand | Earth|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Anger | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets