"A time of Peace is come upon us. We sought a way to honor this new prosperity. Therefore, we have decreed a great Kolhii Tournament! Matches will be played across Mata Nui and the Championship will be held at season’s end, in the newly built Kolhii Stadium in Ta-Koro."
— Turaga Nokama, The Final Chronicle
|← The RebuildingSearch for the Seventh Toa →|
Hahli, Hewkii and Takua competing in the Championship
|Witnesses||Matoran of Mata Nui|
|Time||Soon after The Rebuilding|
|Actions||The Matoran participated in an island-wide tournament, the Kanohi Avohkii was revealed at the Championship|
During the reconstruction of the Koro, a Kolhii field was built in each village for the purposes of the Tournament. The Turaga met in conference at the Kini-Nui to ponder the Great Thoughts and organize the competition. When the Turaga returned to their respective villages, they were required to choose two Matoran to compete, one as a forward, and one as a goal-keeper. These were:
- Ta-Koro: Takua (Forward) and Jaller (Goal-keeper)
- Ga-Koro: Hahli (Forward) and Macku (Goal-keeper)
- Le-Koro: Kongu (Forward) and Tamaru (Goal-keeper)
- Po-Koro: Hewkii (Forward) and Hafu (Goal-keeper)
- Onu-Koro: Onepu (Forward) and Taipu (Goal-keeper)
- Ko-Koro: Matoro (Forward) and Kopeke (Goal-keeper)
Training for the Tournament required the Matoran competitors to familiarize themselves with the Principles of each Koro and train in the Kolhii Skills derived from each. When a team arrived at another village to play a match, it was common practice for the visiting team to train with a Matoran expert or perform a special task to improve their skills.
Le-Koro, Onu-Koro, and Ko-Koro did not make it to the Championship, leaving Ta-Koro, Ga-Koro and Po-Koro to compete for the title in the Ta-Koro Kolhii Stadium. All of the Toa Nuva, Turaga and Matoran of Mata Nui were present for the Championship, which was won by Ga-Koro in a 3-2-0 victory. As the players were being congratulated for their efforts, the Kanohi Avohkii, which Takua had just discovered before the Championship, slipped out of his satchel. In an attempt to defer responsibility, Takua shifted the mask with his foot so that the light of the mask fell upon Jaller, which the Turaga mistakenly believed to be a sign that the Captain of the Ta-Koro Guard was the Herald of the Seventh Toa.
- Turaga Nuju prophesied that Ko-Koro would not reach the Championship before its team played the deciding match against Ga-Koro. He claimed that this loss was necessary for survival, which alluded to the role Hahli was to play following her victory in the Championship.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets