"Then Pohatu used his power over stone in a way he hadn't in ages - to weaken the rock in the floor of the hive. It was a delicate procedure - fractures had to be created with pinpoint precision - and Toa of Stone weren't known for being delicate."
— Narrator, Shadows in the Sky
Pohatu using his Stone powers
|Associated colors||Primary: Brown, yellow, or orange|
Secondary: Tan or black
- The Element Lord of Rock has a wide range of Stone-based powers.
In the Matoran Universe, Stone is often represented by the Matoran prefix Po- as well as the colors orange, yellow, and brown.
- Po-Matoran represent the element of Stone. Po-Matoran also contain a very minuscule amount of Elemental Stone Energy, to the extent that they are stronger than other types of Matoran. All Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Stone are male.
- Toa of Stone possess the Elemental Power of Stone, allowing them to create, control and absorb stone and stone-like substances. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Stone Energy, they must wait for it to recharge
- Turaga of Stone possess small traces of Elemental Stone Energy.
- Pahrak have a very limited range of Stone powers.
- Some Fohrok had a very limited range of Stone powers.
- The Bahrag have a wider range of Stone powers than the Pahrak.
- Catapult Scorpions create hardened stone projectiles from magma they produce with their tails.
- Stone Gafna can emit pulses of Elemental Stone Energy from their tails.
- Stone Burnak can emit pulses of Elemental Stone Energy.
- Skakdi of Stone can only access their power if they work with another Skakdi, or if they carry a weapon that allows them to focus their Stone power individually.
- Vatuka are elemental beings composed of stone.
- Creating stone and/or Solid Protodermis
- Controlling stone and/or Solid Protodermis
- Turning stone/Solid Protodermis to dust/sand and vice-versa
- Absorbing stone and/or Solid Protodermis
- Setting a timed Stone blast (Toa Nuva-exclusive)
- Unleashing a Stone Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive)
- When combined with the Elemental Power of Fire, Stone can be used to create lava.
- Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each of them wields a different Element, and Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following have/had the Element of Stone and/or its sub-powers:
- The Bahrag
- All Catapult Scorpions - Creation of stone projectiles.
- The Element Lord of Rock
- Some Fohrok - Through their shields. (formerly; now destroyed)
- Guardian - Through his Rhotuka spinner.
- Krahka - While using Toa Onewa's form.
- All Pahrak - Through their Stone Shields.
- All Po-Matoran - Inaccessible; manifests as increased strength.
- All Skakdi of Stone - Only in conjunction with other Skakdi or through certain weapons.
- Avak (Formerly; currently fused)
- All Stone Gafna
- All Stone Burnak
- All Toa of Stone
- Hewkii - His powers as a Toa Inika were combined with Lightning.
- Onewa - His Toa Disk also had Stone powers. (formerly; now transformed into a Turaga)
- Pohatu - Enhanced when he became a Toa Nuva.
- Pouks - Lost upon his mutation into a Rahaga, but regained when the mutation was reversed.
- The Toa Cordak of Stone (formerly; now deceased)
- The Toa Mangai of Stone (formerly; now deceased)
- A Toa of Stone in the Spherus Magna Alternate Universe
- All Turaga of Stone - Diminished after their transformation from Toa.
All of the following locations are/were affiliated with Stone:
- Cavern of Rock
- Po-Metru (formerly; now destroyed)
- Po-Wahi (formerly; now destroyed)
- Po-Koro (formerly; now destroyed)
- Although sand is made up of tiny rock particles, it cannot be controlled by Stone users of the Matoran Universe. However, Sand is its own Element on Spherus Magna.
- Toa Inika Hewkii was the first character seen in-story who did not wear brown armor despite being primarily affiliated with Stone. Due to historically low sales of brown sets, sets 8904 and 8721 of early 2006, which featured Avak and Velika, were the last BIONICLE sets for several years to feature brown armor. The color did not return until 2009, when the tan Vorox and Zesk were introduced.
|| | | | | ||
|Standard|| | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
|| | ||
|Standard||| | | | | ||
|| | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets