"Darkness spread like a plague down its vines and branches, forming a chitinous shell that covered every inch of the plant. In a matter of moments it was completely trapped inside, cut off from all heat and light."
— Narrator, Time Trap
Teridax using a Shadow Hand
|Associated colors||Primary: Black|
Secondary: Dark colors
Shadow (occasionally Shadows or Darkness) is an Elemental Power.
- Rahkshi and Kraata of Darkness, and all Makuta, have Shadow powers. Although Makuta cannot use a Shadow Nova Blast, they can create a powerful equivalent, as Mutran demonstrated.
- Matoran of Shadow do not occur naturally in the Matoran Universe. However, they can be created from Matoran of any other Elemental affiliation by draining them of their Light. Shadow Matoran contain a small amount of Elemental Shadow energy, to the extent that they can fire Shadow bolts.
- A Toa of Shadow possesses the Elemental Power of Shadow, allowing them to create, control and absorb shadows and darkness. Their only real limitation is that if they were to run out of Elemental Shadow Energy, they would have to wait for it to recharge. Toa of Shadow do not occur naturally in the Matoran Universe.
- A Turaga of Shadow would hypothetically have small traces of Elemental Shadow energy.
- Shadow Stealer has a limited range of Shadow powers.
- With training and focus, especially on the associated emotions of anger and aggression, any being can develop limited Shadow powers.
- Creating shadows
- Creating a Shadow Hand to absorb others (Makuta-exclusive)
- Controlling shadows
- Cloaking an area in darkness
- Stealing a target's sight, rendering them blind (Kirop-exclusive)
- Making a target lazy and unwilling to act (Radiak-exclusive)
- Instilling vertigo in a target (Gavla-exclusive)
- Using shadows to transport oneself (Shadow Stealer-exclusive)
- Absorbing shadows and turning them into physical energy (Shadow Stealer-exclusive)
- Unleashing a Shadow Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive)
- Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different Element, and Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
The following have/had the Element of Shadow and/or its sub-powers:
- All Makuta
- All Shadow Matoran - Limited Shadow powers, such as Shadow bolts and individual abilities.
- Shadow Stealer
- Takanuva (formerly; now cured)
- Many alternate Shadow Takanuva
- The Kanohi Kraahkan and any user of it
- The Mask of Light and Shadow and any user of it (formerly; now unmerged)
All of the following locations are affiliated with Shadow:
- Shadow is very strong against Light and vice versa.
- Any being that has had part of their Light drained by a Shadow Leech will not be able to regenerate their Light, because a mental barrier is then created that prevents it from doing so. The only known cure is a Klakk's sonic scream. If all their Light is used up, they become a being of Shadow. Gorast's stinger and the Kanohi Avsa, however, have no long-term effect unless the Light drain is total.
|| | | | | ||
|Standard|| | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
|| | ||
|Standard||| | | | | ||
|| | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets