||| | | ||
|Quest for the
1,001 Years Ago
- ██ Teridax places the Morbuzakh plant in the Great Furnace, where it wreaks havoc on Metru Nui. Many Matoran are abducted by the monstrous plant.
- ██ After the disappearance of his teammates and the appearance of Nidhiki, Lhikan grows suspicious about "Turaga Dume" and decides to create more Toa. He is influenced by Teridax into choosing the same Matoran Mata Nui wishes to become Toa.
- ██ Lhikan retrieves six Toa Stones from the Toa Suva in the Great Temple, imbuing them with his Toa Power. He is ambushed by Nidhiki and Krekka, but escapes.
- ██ Lhikan distributes the Toa Stones to the six Matoran chosen by Mata Nui.
- ██ After delivering the last stone to Vakama and warning him about a threat to Metru Nui, Lhikan is kidnapped by the Dark Hunters.
- ██ Teridax announces the disappearance of Lhikan. He then goes to Vakama to find out the Matoran's progress on the Mask of Time. Vakama informs him that he has not been able to complete it.
- ██ The six Matoran go to the Great Temple and are transformed into the Toa Metru.
- ██ Lhikan is placed in a confined prison and transformed into a Turaga.
- ██ Nidhiki threatens Ahkmou and forces him to lure into traps the Matoran who know where to find the Great Disks.
- ██ A vision from Mata Nui to Vakama tells the new Toa to secure the "heart of Metru Nui," which Vakama mistakenly takes to mean Lhikan. The same vision tells him that only the six Great Disks can destroy the Morbuzakh and save Metru Nui, and only six Matoran know where they are: Nuhrii, Vhisola, Ahkmou, Tehutti, Orkahm, and Ehrye. The team splits to search for the Matoran.
- ██ Nokama reads Vhisola's diary at her home, discovering that the Matoran wishes to use the Great Disk to be admired. Meanwhile Vhisola's neighbor summons the Vahki to check her identity. After escaping them, she reaches the Ga-Matoran school.
- ██ In a lab, Nokama finds a worker, which tells her a four-legged being has broken in, smashed the lab and stolen Vhisola's notes. The Toa finds a tablet describing the Great Disks and the king root of the Morbuzakh. She heads back to Vhisola's house, where she finds copies of her notes, including the location of the Ga-Metru Great Disk.
- ██ Marka points Nokama to a building.
- ██ Nokama locates and saves Vhisola from falling off the rooftop of a building. The Matoran shows her a note from Ahkmou which says that the Toa serve the Morbuzakh and the Great Disk must be kept from them. Nokama and Vhisola go back to the Great Temple.
- ██ In Nuhrii's home, Vakama discovers a broken plaque that represented a Kanohi.
- ██ Vakama discovers Nuhrii had made a flawed mask but then tried to retrieve it, after receiving a note which said it was well made.
- ██ Vakama saves a furnace from Morbuzakh vines by freezing them with a disk. He discovers that the controls of the Protodermis vats have been sabotaged by a four-legged creature. The attendant of the furnace tells him that the mask Nuhrii was searching could be in the Protodermis Reclamation Yard.
- ██ Going to the Yard, Vakama finds the mask, which is indeed flawed, and a note telling Nuhrii to reach the author in Ta-Metru's outskirts.
- ██ Vakama finds Nuhrii in a collapsed house and teleports two vines away which were menacing the Matoran. He frees Nuhrii and is then saved by him when another Morbuzakh vine attacks.
- ██ Whenua goes to Tehutti's, the Matoran he has been searching for, home, and finds a note from a Ga-Matoran named Vhisola, offering a Nui-Jaga in exchange for the Great Disk.
- ██ Whenua manages to enter the Archives after having a discussion with the guard. He finds out that Tehutti must have been lured into a trap, as the Nui-Jaga is actually from Po-Metru.
- ██ At the docks, Whenua finds out no Nui-Jaga was ever sent to the Archives. He then falls into a trapdoor and lands in the maintenance tunnels.
- ██ A Rahkshi of Heat Vision attacks the Toa of Earth. Whenua escapes and unleashes a Muaka on the Rahkshi. Using the distraction, he saves Tehutti, who is trapped there.
- ██ Nuju goes to the Ko-Matoran Ehrye's house, where he finds a diary entry saying that the Matoran is trying to use the Great Disk to gain admission into a Knowledge Tower.
- ██ Nuju talks to a Chute Station Attendant and discovers that Ehrye had talked to a Matoran before taking a chute to a Knowledge Tower. He also finds a Po-Matoran tool and an Onu-Metru Archives pass.
- ██ The Toa of Ice talks to a scholar in the Knowledge Tower, which sends him to the top of the tower, where Ehrye went, and also tasks him with creating a new Knowledge Tower using a Knowledge Crystal.
- ██ Nuju sees Ehrye trapped on a cracked Tower and saves him, sealing the crack. He then finds tracks of a four-legged being around the base of the tower, as well as a tablet which proves that Ehrye had an agreement with a Po-Matoran, Ahkmou, with whom he had spoken at the chute station.
- ██ Matau goes to Orkahm's house, and sees a marked Chute Station.
- ██ Tuuli, a Chute Station Attendant, tells him Orkahm was acting odd, and directs him to his Ussal Pem.
- ██ Matau escapes a sealed chute and reaches Orkahm's Ussal Pen. He there talks to Vira who says that Orkahm is acting strange. The Toa then finds the Matoran's diary, explaining that he traveled to Sector 3 of Le-Metru.
- ██ Going to that location, Matau takes a marked chute, which brings him to a tangle of cables where Orkahm is trapped. The Le-Matoran shows him a note which lured him into the trap. The two then escape from Morbuzakh vines.
- ██ Onewa goes to Ahkmou's home, where he finds what appear to be traces of a kidnap. Reaching the Matoran's workplace, he talks with one of his workmates, who say that Ahkmou has been very jumpy after receiving a visit from a four-legged being. Onewa also finds objects from all around Metru Nui.
- ██ At a Protodermis Warehouse, Onewa finds a map which leads him to a sculpture in Po-Metru where Ahkmou is.
- ██ After climbing a sculpture to Ahkmou, the Matoran denies everything and runs away. Onewa discovers where he is headed.
- ██ At a Chute Station, after spotting Nidhiki and having alerted by Kivi, Ahkmou decides to follow Onewa and the two go to meet with the other Toa.
- ██ The Toa Metru determine that Ahkmou, along with Nidhiki, who they had found traces of in all their missions, had deceived the other Matoran.
- ██ Nokama finds clues to the location of the Great Disks. The Toa split into three teams with the six Matoran, journeying to their respectful Metru's.
- ██ Vakama and Onewa take the Matoran Nuhrii and Ahkmou through Ta-Metru. Trying to escape, the Matoran leave the Toa as they fight against a Morbuzakh vine. They are recovered shortly afterward.
- ██ While making their way through the Protodermis Reclamation Furnace, the Dark Hunter Nidhiki strikes the Toa unconscious from behind and they fall on a moving chute towards a furnace.
- ██ After leaving Ehrye and Tehutti topside, Nuju and Whenua search through one of the Archive floors and open a door holding a gigantic Ussal crab. They eventually force the Ussal back into its prison by using Whenua's drills.
- ██ Matau and Nokama, with Vhisola and Orkahm, hide from Bordakh and reach a dry canal, only for a wave to hit the two Toa and almost kill Matau, who is saved by Nokama.
- ██ Nokama swims under the Great Temple and recovers a Great Disk from the teeth of a ferocious fish Rahi, which she leads out of the water to distract more Bordakh that had arrived to arrest them.
- ██ The Toa of Stone and Fire awake from the fall and Vakama safely absorbs the flames in the Furnace. They again find the rogue Matoran and travel to the Fire Pits.
- ██ Onewa and Ahkmou distract the Vahki guards as Vakama and Nuhrii locate a Great Disk in a fire pit. Dealing with a Morbuzakh vine, the two are able to retrieve the disk and all four leave Ta-Metru.
- ██ Nuju and Whenua encounter a Two-Headed Tarakava and the Archives Beast before finding the Great Disk in a storage closet.
- ██ Nokama and Matau with the two Matoran, travel to the Notch in Le-Metru where Matau flies into a Force Sphere and retrieves the Great Disk before the sphere implodes.
- ██ While in Ko-Metru, the Keerakh are sent after the Toa and Matoran who constantly allude them. Tehutti is struck with a Staff of Confusion while trying to escape them.
- ██ The two Toa leave the Matoran behind and trick the Vahki into getting off track. Nuju eventually finds the Great Disk on the side of a Knowledge Tower while Whenua lures the Keerakh away from the Toa of Ice by hiding in the ground.
- ██ Vakama and Onewa subdue a mad Tunneler destroying the Sculpture Fields by using their Elemental Powers to crystallize the Rahi.
- ██ Onewa collects the Po-Metru Great Disk as he falls from a large sculpture, narrowly dodging a slab that lands beside him.
- ██ The Toa Metru regroup at the Great Temple and theorize that the Morbuzakh has a king root, which Nuhrii realizes is located in the Great Furnace. The Toa and Matoran leave for Ta-Metru.
- ██ The group of twelve voyage to the furnace. They hide from the Vahki in a forge and find Morbuzakh seeds growing on the ceilings. The seeds then drop and the Toa are strangled by the sprouting sow. However, Nuju is able to break free from the trap and save the others.
- ██ At the entrance of the Great Furnace, the Toa Metru fight against young Morbuzakh vines. Tehutti convinces the other Matoran to unite and become the Matoran Nui, who helps the Toa Metru enter the Great Furnace.
- ██ The Matoran Nui, left alone, splits - the six Matoran come into being again, and Ahkmou flees.
- ██ The Toa Metru battle the Morbuzakh king root, using up their elemental powers in the process, and use the six Great Disks to destroy it.
- ██ Thrilled from the victory, they head for the Coliseum, preparing to tell the Matoran of the fallen plant.
- ██ Nuparu, an Onu-Matoran Engineer, travels into the Archives, searching for Rahkshi parts. The Matoran instead stumbles upon a crevice in the Fikou Web from which the Silver Sea is flooding into.
- ██ Nuparu locates and warns the Toa Metru as they head towards the Coliseum. Whenua and the others agree to journey down and clog the gap.
- ██ The Toa encounter two Rahkshi in the Fikou Web. After a short battle, they manage to scare them off.
- ██ Finding a six way fork in the path, the Toa Metru split up in search of the leak.
- ██ A Shapeshifting Rahi known as the Krahka begins to hunt the Toa silently.
- ██ Nokama unknowingly fights the Krahka disguised as a Rahkshi and falls unconscious under its power.
- ██ Vakama is knocked out by Krahka who next takes the form of Nokama.
- ██ Onewa is struck from behind by Krahka using Vakama's form.
- ██ Matau, after being attacked by a fake Onewa, is located by Nuju and warns him of the deceitful Toa.
- ██ Krahka ambushes and captures Whenua. She then proceeds to leave him trapped in her lair.
- ██ All the other five Toa Metru slowly make contact with one another and begin a fight, believing one of them is a traitor. Nuju and Krahka who, disguised as Whenua, has fully learned the Matoran Language, disrupt the argument.
- ██ After the Krahka, still disguised as Whenua, tells the other Toa about herself and the abilities she possesses, the team decides to hunt her down and stop her. Krahka objects to this, but continues to play the part of Whenua and leads them deeper into the Archives.
- ██ The Toa reach a chasm that holds a Le-Metru cable from one end to the next. The Toa barely cross as they struggle with Stone Rats and a new Rahkshi that harasses them.
- ██ Whenua/Krahka leads them through a narrow and unnaturally dark tunnel where multiple Rahkshi dwell. Silently, each Toa is taken by the Rahkshi, with only Nokama and the fake Whenua making it out of the other side.
- ██ Nokama catches on to Krahka's ploy and fails in reasoning with the creature. Three Rahkshi move in as Krahka leaves. Nokama manages to defeat them.
- ██ Locating the other four Toa Metru, Nokama leads them through the tunnels in search of the real Whenua. The trails lead them under Ta-Metru, where they encounter many Lava Eels and a Tahtorak wandering in a far pit.
- ██ Nuju scouts ahead, and finds the Krahka's lair and Whenua, only to be tricked and captured by the Rahi.
- ██ Anticipating Nuju's capture, the Toa prepare a trap for Krahka. It succeeds but she escapes soon after.
- ██ Not wanting the Toa Metru to leave the Fikou Web, thus bringing more "top dwellers" underground, the Krahka captures them. However, this was another trap laid by the Toa who were only pretending to try and exit the tunnels.
- ██ The four of them are brought to her lair with the already trapped Whenua and Nuju. There, they attempt to reason with the Rahi. However she distrusts them and is disillusioned with her new power. A massive battle ensues.
- ██ The Krahka is defeated mentally and in despair retreats from the Toa.
- ██ The Toa afterward locate the leak and seal it.
- ██ The Toa Metru go to the Coliseum, and show Turaga Dume the Great Disks.
- ██ Turaga "Dume" (actually Teridax in disguise) questions if the Toa Metru are really Toa.
- ██ "Dume" puts the Toa Metru through a test which, without their elemental powers and not knowing their mask powers, they do not pass.
- ██ "Dume" labels the Toa Metru as impostors and accuse them for Toa Lhikan's disappearance. Vakama spots Nidhiki and Krekka behind the false Turaga and realizes that Dume is a traitor.
- ██ Whenua, Nuju and Onewa are captured by the Vahki.
- ██ Vakama, Nokama and Matau escape to go on a rescue to find their jailed brothers and Toa Lhikan.
- ██ Vakama, Nokama, and Matau leave their chute in Le-Metru.
- ██ A Vahki Bordakh uses its staff of loyalty on Nokama, who pushes Vakama off the side of a building in Le-Metru.
- ██ Vakama discovers a special power of his disk launcher which enables him to fly. He uses this to save himself, then sends two shrink Kanoka at the Vahki who are waiting below.
- ██ Nokama tries to subdue Matau but he knocks her over the side of the building, grabs her foot, and resolves to keep her hanging there until the Vahki power wears off, but accidentally drops her.
- ██ Vakama catches Nokama, who is jolted back to herself again by the shock.
- ██ Matau enters a chute to draw the Vahki away from the others, but some Vahki Vorzakh ahead of him sabotage the chute. He is able to bring himself to a stop with his Toa tools, and the Vahki that are chasing him fly out of the broken part of the chute, caught unawares.
- ██ Onewa, Nuju, and Whenua are being led to the Prison of the Dark Hunters, in Po-Metru. They quietly plan to run, but do not realize that Whenua has been hit with the power of the Vahki Rorzakh, turning him into an unknowing spy.
- ██ The three run for hours, circling around, narrowly avoiding capture many times. However, the Vahki are aware of their position the whole time, and eventually lead them to a dead end, in the Prison of the Dark Hunters.
- ██ Nokama, Vakama, and Matau stow aboard a cargo airship bound out of Le-Metru, figuring the Vahki will be watching the streets and chutes, not the airships.
- ██ On the journey, they realize the Morbuzakh was merely a cover for something else, which Lhikan had suspected, but never had time to explain before the Dark Hunters captured him.
- ██ Some previously-unnoticed Vahki Nuurakh ambush Vakama, Nokama and Matau aboard the airship, but are defeated.
- ██ The Dark Hunters, which were nearby, fly up to the airship and fight the Toa Metru, but the Toa managed to escape.
- ██ Meanwhile, "Dume" is keeping tabs on the whole event; his bird Nivawk is spying on the Toa Metru - and the Dark Hunters - for him.
- ██ Vakama receives a vision of a monstrous being fighting him (Teridax, though he does not know that at the time), and a massive hand crushing him. Then the vision changes to a scene of himself wrapped in webbing, where Nidhiki taunts him. Lhikan appears and warns him to listen to the message of the visions and then Turaga Dume shows him a vision of himself and the others being mutated in the place with webs. He snaps out of the vision in Ta-Metru.
- ██ A Tahtorak rises to the surface near Matau, Nokama, and Vakama, awakened before by the Toa's fight with Krahka. He demands to know the answer to an unknown question, and he threatens to destroy Ta-Metru if it is not answered. The Toa Metru fight him, eventually using weaken Kanoka to make the ground beneath him crumble and sending him back down into the Archives.
- ██ The three Toa take the chutes to Ko-Metru, fleeing approaching Nuurakh.
- ██ The Dark Hunters force the Matoran Kongu to reverse the chute flow. However, the Toa Metru escape out of the chute. In the process, Vakama has a vision of Lhikan's spirit star.
- ██ On the ground, Vakama tinkers with the Great Disks and forges the Disk of Time. He then shows Nokama Lhikan's star, and the three Toa decide to follow it to Po-Metru, stowing on a Vahki Transport. They find inside strange spheres and Vakama has a vision of Matoran trapped inside.
- ██ Back in the prison, Onewa and his two companions meet a mysterious Turaga.
- ██ Vakama and the other two Toa are ambushed in Po-Metru by the Dark Hunters. However, a rampage of Kikanalo serves as a distraction. The beasts pursue the Toa but are stopped by Nokama, who uses her newfound mask power to speak to them and gain their allegiance.
- ██ Onewa and Nuju discover in prison their mask powers, and Nuju uses his to break out. Along with the Turaga, the Toa are attacked by a Troller, which is mind-controlled by Onewa to take them to the Onu-Metru tunnels, where Whenua discovers his own power and leads his companions.
- ██ Vakama, Nokama and Matau encounter many Vahki Zadakh, along with the Dark Hunters, at the Canyon of Unending Whispers. With the help of the Kikanalo and Matau's mask power, they are able to defeat them.
- ██ The three Toa enter the tunnels and reunite with Onewa, Whenua and Nuju. They realize that the Turaga is actually Lhikan. Vakama is told by Lhikan that they must save the Matoran, not him.
- ██ Teridax, disguised as Turaga Dume, tells all Matoran to report to the Coliseum.
- ██ Vakama finds Turaga Dume locked in a stasis pod. Before being able to ponder the consequences of this discovery, they are interrupted by Vahki Rorzakh.
- ██ The Toa and Lhikan find a Vahki transport in a vault, but are ambushed by Lohrak. They defeat the Rahi using their Elemental Powers, before surfacing thanks to Whenua.
- ██ The Vahki lock the Matoran into the stasis pods. The Toa arrive, but are unable to prevent the Vahki from taking them away. Teridax takes off the Kiril he is wearing, revealing his Kraahkan, as well as his shrunken state.
- ██ The Toa Metru discover that the Matoran are trapped under the Coliseum. Defeating Vahki along the way, they use their transport to reach the underground storage chambers. Realizing they cannot save all the Matoran, they load only six spheres onto the transport.
- ██ Teridax absorbs the power of the Coliseum, transforming himself into a shadowy vortex in the process. This sudden drain causes a backfiring of electricity into the Vahki hives, either destroying the Vahki or changing their programming.
- ██ The Toa Metru try to escape the city even as the quake caused by Teridax destroys it. They are ambushed by Nidhiki and Krekka but manage to defeat them. Reaching Ga-Metru, they are forced into the sea by the Vahki, but use the Matoran Spheres to keep the transport buoyant.
- ██ Teridax combines himself with Nivawk, Nidhiki and Krekka.
- ██ The Great Spirit Mata Nui crashes on Aqua Magna, plunging into a deep sleep. The resulting quake has repercussions all over the universe.
- ██ Voya Nui is hurled from the Southern Continent and outside of Mata Nui's body, landing on the sea of Aqua Magna. Turaga Jovan and many Matoran are killed.
- ██ In Karda Nui, the Energy Storms stop even as the stalactites supporting the Av-Matoran villages break from the roof, carrying the Matoran with them. Water begins to fall from the hole left by Voya Nui.
- ██ The Pit is destroyed, letting the prisoners escape. Hydraxon and Tuyet are among the casualties. The prisoners escape into the sea of Aqua Magna, but are mutated by the energy leaking from Mata Nui's body.
- ██ The Toa Metru escape on the Silver Sea. Vakama makes the Vahi from the six Great Disks. The realization of the mask's power brings another vision on him, and he sees a hole in the Great Barrier through which the Toa must sail.
- ██ Teridax lands on the Great Barrier and raises pillars from the sea floor to batter the Toa Metru. Vakama confronts the master of shadows even as the other Toa try to destroy the pillars.
- ██ Vakama uses the Vahi on Teridax to stop the Makuta's Shadow Hand. However, he slows down his own movements as well. Lhikan runs up to save Vakama, mortally wounding himself in the process. The Vahi is knocked into the Silver Sea.
- ██ Turaga Lhikan gives Vakama his Noble Mask of Shielding, then dies after telling Vakama that he is proud to have called him brother.
- ██ Vakama discovers his mask power and, wishing to avenge Lhikan, uses his invisibility to trick Teridax into slamming himself into the Great Barrier.
- ██ The five other Toa come and unite their powers with Vakama's, trapping The Master of Shadows in a cage of solid Protodermis. The Toa's Spirit Stars are created from this act.
- ██ The Toa Metru travel through the partially submerged tunnels on their Vahki Transport, which Vakama names Lhikan.
- ██ The Toa find themselves at a fork. Matau decides to go left, but the Toa narrowly escape from a Rahi which raises the temperature of the water. As they take the other passage, Nokama dives to check on the Matoran Spheres and notices an enormous dead serpent.
- ██ The Toa Metru are ambushed by some Vahki Nuurakh, but they manage to defeat them.
- ██ Nokama dives again to scout ahead, telling only Nuju. As she swims, she notices a cleverly concealed trap inside the tunnel.
- ██ The transport gets stuck in what appears to be seaweed. Nuju dives to cut it, but discovers the "seaweed" is actually a Rahi, which takes his mask off and tries to devour him. However, he is saved when a current slams into him and the transport.
- ██ The current draws the Lhikan to a whirlpool, but Whenua, mind-controlled by Onewa, creates an earth ramp which lets the transport fly over the vortex, which disappears afterwards. Meanwhile Nokama rescues Nuju and the two make their way back to the Lhikan. Vakama decides to make it seem as if the Toa were dead.
- ██ An octopus-like Rahi pulls the transport to the bottom of the river way. Vakama forces it to let go, but the creature grabs Matau. The Toa manage to rescue their comrade and pursue the creature.
- ██ Some Kralhi observe the Toa and one of them goes back to its master, Mavrah, to notify him of the Toa's survival. Mavrah orders the robots to bring the Toa to him alive.
- ██ The Toa enter a huge cavern where they encounter and battle many aquatic Rahi that attempt to destroy the transport; Ahkmou's sphere is knocked loose and sinks. Meanwhile, the Toa are attacked and captured by the Kralhi.
- ██ Mavrah tells the Toa to return to Metru Nui and leave him alone. Whenua recognizes him and tries to convince him that Metru Nui is destroyed and that he is his former colleague; Mavrah disbelieves them. Vakama then escapes using his mask.
- ██ Whenua tells the other Toa about the Underwater Rahi Study.
- ██ The Kralhi attempt to kill Vakama but he destroys them and finds the Lhikan. The other Toa Metru disable the Kralhi and capture Mavrah.
- ██ Mavrah calls the Rahi to fight; fifteen Vorzakh arrive and enter the fray. The battle escalates out of control and the Rahi turn on each other.
- ██ Onewa nearly drowns before Whenua rescues him. Onewa forces Mavrah to realize that his dreams are selfish and worthless; Mavrah attempts to stop the fight, but is swept into the water.
- ██ The Toa Metru escape the melee and return to the Lhikan, bypassing the battle and continuing to the surface. However, Onewa is forced to collapse the roof to escape the Vahki.
- ██ Nokama carves images of the Toa Metru on the cavern wall. The team then finds their way on the surface of Aqua Magna and discovers the island of Mata Nui.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets