"Walking into Po-Metru is like entering another world. Instead of the tall buildings that mark Ko-Metru and Ta-Metru, you see a ridge of mountains. Roads are replaced by well-worn pathways of dirt and stone."
— Metru Nui - City of Legends
|District of Metru Nui|
|Position||Northwestern Metru Nui|
A trade and border conflict between the Po-Matoran and Ta-Matoran led to the Matoran Civil War. The Matoran of Po-Metru sank some transport barges from Ta-Metru, and in return got one of their warehouses melted by Protodermis. The Le- and Ko-Matoran allied with Po-Metru. The war ended when large armies were trapped in the Archives by Teridax and the exhibits were freed on them, in what later would be called the Archives Massacre and got the war leaders sent to The Pit.
During the Toa-Dark Hunter War, Nidhiki led the Toa army to Po-Metru, telling them it was the Dark Hunters' base, as per his plan to betray the city. However, Lhikan had previously gathered Toa reinforcements Nidhiki did not know about, and the betrayal failed, also ending the war.
Around a month before the Great Cataclysm occurred, Toa Lhikan went to Po-Metru where Onewa was carving and gave him a Toa Stone in order for him to become one of the Toa Metru. However, Toa Lhikan was captured by Krekka and Nidhiki when delivering the final Toa Stone to Vakama and was taken to the Prison of the Dark Hunters in the Canyon of Unending Whispers. Onewa traveled to Po-Metru in search of Ahkmou and, with Ahkmou, Vakama and Nuhrii, to find the Great Disk of the Metru. When the false Turaga Dume branded the Toa Metru imposters, the captured Onewa, Whenua and Nuju were also put in the prison with Lhikan, who had become a Turaga.
The other Toa Metru also came to Po-Metru aboard a Vahki Transport when they saw Toa Lhikan's Spirit Star heading that way. The Toa battled Nidhiki and Krekka in one of the Assembler's Villages, until a herd of Kikanalo stampeded through the village. It was also here that Nokama found out that Kikanalo are quite intelligent through the use of her Kanohi Rau. The Kikanalo also led the three Toa Metru toward the other Toa, after explaining that they saw a "tall Matoran" being taken away to the Canyon of Unending Whispers by the Dark Hunters.
After the Great Cataclysm occurred, Po-Metru was the least damaged part of the city. When Onewa was turned into a Toa Hordika and was sent on a mission to find parts to use to build Airships, he stumbled upon Teridax's Lair with Rahaga Pouks.
Around a thousand years later, when the Turaga, Toa Nuva and the Matoran returned to Metru Nui, all the Matoran took shelter in Po-Metru while their homes were being repaired. The entire Metru, as well as the whole city, was later repaired by the Staff of Artakha. Later, the Toa Hagah and Toa Mahri drove a massive Rahi beast to Po-Metru in order to prevent it from causing damage to the more heavily populated Metru and brought it down after a drawn-out battle.
Along with the rest of Metru Nui, Po-Metru was greatly damaged when a fragment of Aqua Magna impacted the Core Processor during Teridax's battle with Mata Nui in the Prototype Robot. The surviving Matoran abandoned the city and evacuated with the rest of the residents of the Matoran Universe for the surface of Spherus Magna. Later, Po-Metru, along with all other locations in the Matoran Universe, was dismantled.
Notable Former Inhabitants
- Onewa - Turaga of Po-Metru. Formerly a Po-Matoran Master Carver, Toa Metru, and Toa Hordika of Stone.
- Pohatu - Toa Nuva of Stone.
- Hewkii - Carver, Disk maker, and now Toa Mahri of Stone.
- Ahkmou - Skilled Carver who often fell short of Onewa's work and betrayed Metru Nui in times past.
- Kodan - Kodan was a Po-Matoran Chronicler for the Toa Mangai on Metru Nui. He was killed by Dark Hunter Eliminator. On Mata Nui, Turaga Onewa named Toa Pohatu Nuva's Kodan Ball in memory of him.
- Fields of Construction - The workplace for the Carvers of Po-Metru.
- Sculpture Fields - This is where Po-Matoran sculptures which were too large to fit elsewhere were produced and stored.
- Assembler's Villages - The workplaces of carvers such as Onewa.
- Protodermis Warehouses - Where unused Protodermis was stored.
- Chute Station 445 - One of the busiest chutes in the Metru, this was most famously where Ahkmou hid from Toa Onewa while working for Nidhiki.
- Canyon of Unending Whispers - A canyon formerly home to a number of Po-Matoran Carvers until sporadic Kikanalo stampedes drove them out.
- Prison of the Dark Hunters - A secret prison used by the Makuta for the 18 months he masqueraded as Turaga Dume.
- Teridax's Lair - One of Teridax's many lairs, this was where Toa Hordika Onewa discovered that the Makuta was technically responsible for his team's transformation into Toa.
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 18 August 2014
|Solis Magna||Spherus Magna (Aqua Magna | Bara Magna | Bota Magna) | Red Star|
|Metru Nui (Maze of Shadows) | Karzahni | Zakaz | Xia (The Mountain) | Northern Continent (Tren Krom Peninsula) | Artakha | Stelt | Odina | Southern Continent (Voya Nui, Mahri Nui) | Karda Nui | The Pit | Destral | Nynrah | Tren Krom's Island | Visorak | Daxia | Southern Islands (Artidax)|
|Field of Shadows | City of Silver|
|The Melding | Spherus Magna | Toa Empire | The Kingdom|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets