"A molten river of raw protodermis ran through the center of the district, drawn from below the city and fed into the Great Furnace. From there, it traveled to each factory to be turned into masks, tools, and anything else that might be needed."
— Narrator, Mystery of Metru Nui
|District of Metru Nui|
|Position||Eastern Metru Nui|
Upon Metru Nui's creation, Ta-Metru was soon brought about, one of the first districts to be constructed.
Ta-Metru's main industry quickly became forging and smelting, and, thus, most of the tools in the city were made from Ta-Metru. Of its main exports, Ta-Metru is famous for the Kanohi they smelt, worn by all the Matoran citizens of Ta-Metru. To create Kanohi, mask forgers took a combination of Kanoka Disks and melted them together. This gave them each a unique mask power, although few Toa wore these masks. As Ta-Metru primarily worked with molten Protodermis, large vats of it were transported throughout the Metru via cable cords.
Due to a dispute between Ta-Metru and Po-Metru, the Matoran Civil War began. Out of anger, Ta-Matoran melted a warehouse with molten Protodermis; in retaliation, the Po-Matoran then sank their transport barges, sparking the war. Ga-Metru and Onu-Metru became allies of the Ta-Matoran. During this time, the health of the Great Spirit was heavily diminished, and, in the end, Brotherhood of Makuta members were forced to intervene to end the war.
Toa Lhikan visited Ta-Metru last when deliver the Toa Stones to the soon-to-be Toa Metru. He managed to get the stone to Vakama, the sixth and final Matoran, before being captured by Nidhiki and Krekka.
After many years of peace, the Morbuzakh struck, and the Metru was under constant threat from molten Protodermis dropped from their vats when the Morbuzakh vines caused them to fall. A year after this, the Great Cataclysm struck the universe. Shaking many vats of Protodermis, the molten Protodermis fell to the ground, melting much of the city.
When the Matoran returned to the city from Mata Nui, they began to reconstruct their former city, while living in Po-Metru until their homes were rebuilt. Ta-Metru was among the first to be rebuilt, as the Matoran required new tools and materials in order to rebuild the other Metru. Soon after rebuilding much of the city, the Staff of Artakha was used, restoring the city completely to its former glory.
Along with the rest of Metru Nui, Ta-Metru was greatly damaged when a fragment of Aqua Magna impacted the Core Processor during Teridax's battle with Mata Nui. The surviving Matoran evacuated the Matoran Universe for the surface of Spherus Magna. Later, Ta-Metru, along with all other locations in the Matoran Universe, was dismantled.[OGQ: Dec 13 2010, 04:34 PM]
Notable Former Inhabitants
- Vakama - Former Mask Maker and Toa Metru of Fire, now the Turaga of Ta-Metru.
- Lhikan - Former Toa Mangai of Fire and Turaga (deceased)
- Tahu - Toa Nuva of Fire.
- Jaller - Crafter (prior to the Great Cataclysm), then leader of the Ta-Koro Guard, former Toa Inika, now Toa Mahri of Fire.
- Nuhrii - Great Mask Maker.
- Takua - Mischievous Av-Matoran who liked to collect various trinkets from other Metru to sell, often going during working hours. Now Takanuva, Toa of Light.
- Great Furnace - The largest, busiest, and hottest furnace in Metru Nui. Formerly the home of the king root of the Morbuzakh, it was destroyed when the Toa Metru faced it with the Great Disks. The plant's death throes completely destroyed the building. When the Matoran returned to Metru Nui, they began to rebuild the Great Furnace, but these efforts were halted by the destruction of the Great Spirit Robot.
- Fire Pits - Large pits that provided most of the heat and flame to Ta-Metru.
- Protodermis Reclamation Yard - This is where broken items or defected masks were sorted and stored.
- Protodermis Reclamation Furnace - This is where objects that were stored in the Protodermis Reclamation Yard were melted.
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 18 August 2014
|Coliseum « Ta-Metru » Ga-Metru|
|Great Furnace | Fire Pits | Protodermis Reclamation Furnace | Protodermis Reclamation Yard | Foundries|
|Coliseum | Ta-Metru | Ga-Metru | Le-Metru | Po-Metru | Onu-Metru | Ko-Metru | Great Barrier|
|Solis Magna||Spherus Magna (Aqua Magna | Bara Magna | Bota Magna) | Red Star|
|Metru Nui (Maze of Shadows) | Karzahni | Zakaz | Xia (The Mountain) | Northern Continent (Tren Krom Peninsula) | Artakha | Stelt | Odina | Southern Continent (Voya Nui, Mahri Nui) | Karda Nui | The Pit | Destral | Nynrah | Tren Krom's Island | Visorak | Daxia | Southern Islands (Artidax)|
|Field of Shadows | City of Silver|
|The Melding | Spherus Magna | Toa Empire | The Kingdom|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets