"Less than fifteen minutes later, they were on the march, over one hundred Toa with Lhikan and Nidhiki in the lead. Clouds of dust kicked up under their armored feet as they traveled well-worn paths through Po-Metru. Each of them had lost a brother or a sister Toa in this war, and all wanted it to end. But not before they had made the Dark Hunters pay in full for their crimes."
— Narrator, Birth of a Dark Hunter
Toa Outside Teams
- Helryx - The first Toa, a Toa of Water and the leader of the Order of Mata Nui
- Krakua - A Toa of Sonics and member of the Order of Mata Nui
- Varian - A Toa of Psionics whom the Shadowed One has in stasis
- A Toa imprisoned by the Brotherhood of Makuta and forced by Mutran to use a Kanohi Rau to communicate with the Blade Burrowers in Kalmah's old realm (deceased)
- A Toa of Plasma that was once attacked by Zaktan
- A Toa of Sonics (deceased) - Killed by Hakann and Avak
- Various Toa of Water (deceased) - Killed by Hakann
- A Toa of Gravity (deceased) - Killed by Lariska
- A Toa from whom Dark Hunter Charger looted his tool
- A Toa who visited Nynrah to secure a deal, went after the Dark Hunters after the theft of the prototype Zamor Launchers, and was killed (deceased)
- A Toa who wore a Kanohi Suletu who died on the way to Karzahni (deceased)
- Numerous Toa of Iron and Magnetism killed by the Brotherhood of Makuta (revived)
- Three Toa that were killed by Nektann during the Battle of Bara Magna (deceased)
- Several Toa of Water that helped move aquatic Rahi to Spherus Magna
- At least one Toa whom Krakua met while he was a Matoran.
- Several Shadow Takanuva taken from other dimensions whose light has been drained by Shadow Leeches
- Dume - Former Toa of Fire, now a Turaga of Fire
- Savage - A Toa Hordika of Earth in the service of the Dark Hunters
- Spinner - A former Toa of Air, now a Dark Hunter
- A Toa of Fire - Fused with a Toa of Earth with the Spear of Fusion to form Prototype
- A Toa of Earth - Fused with a Toa of Fire with the Spear of Fusion to form Prototype
Led by Jovan, this team was formed 80,000 years ago and protected an unknown region. They became the first to reach the Kanohi Ignika, traveling during the Great Disruption. They successfully claimed the mask and used it in Karda Nui, healing Mata Nui at the cost of one of the team's members. The survivors became Turaga serving in other places. Several members of the team wielded Zamor Sphere Launchers.
The team's destiny was to use the Mask of Life.
- Jovan (transformed) - A Toa of Magnetism who became the lone Turaga of Voya Nui (revived)
- A male Toa who died while reluctantly using the Kanohi Ignika (deceased)
- A Toa who wore a Kanohi Olmak; killed by Dark Hunters hired by Makuta Tridax (deceased; possibly revived)
- A Toa who wore a Kanohi Elda (transformed)
- A number of Toa who became Turaga (transformed)
Varian and Norik's Team
This team was originally two separate teams, who came together in order to fight off Protocairns and Parakrekks, and stayed together after the battles due to the success of their teamwork. This team would send members off in pairs on missions around the universe. During one such assignment, Norik and Varian encountered the Dark Hunters, who kidnapped Varian but released Norik. Norik eventually left this team to join the Toa Hagah, and his remaining teammates presented him with metallic armor and weapons as a badge of honor.
- Norik (formerly)
- Varian (formerly)
- A Toa of Gravity - The leader of the team, whom Varian convinced to allow her to participate in more dangerous missions
Makoki Stone Guard Team
This team was active around 7,000 years ago, defending the Makoki Stone at a Toa Fortress. All but one of the members died in an attack from Frostelus. Karzahni later trapped Lesovikk in an illusion in which the Toa Cordak came to the aid of this team and saved them from utter destruction at the hands of the Frostelus.
- The leader of the team, who ordered Lhikan to escape and warn others (deceased)
- A Toa of The Green (deceased)
- A Toa who used a flail (deceased)
- A Toa who used a mace (deceased)
- A small group of Toa who caught and restrained Hakann (deceased)
- Lhikan - A Toa of Fire who was a rookie at the time and escaped on the orders of the team's leader
During the Toa-Dark Hunter War on Metru Nui, Lhikan commanded more than 400 Toa, most of whom are now either deceased or transformed into Turaga. The army was originally comprised of nearly 100 members who arrived in Metru Nui after Naho escaped from the city and begged for help. Another 300 Toa came to Metru Nui at the very end of the war to surround the Dark Hunters and force them to surrender. This is considered the largest Toa team to have ever existed.
- Chiara - A Toa of Lightning who previously traveled alone
- Orde - The first Toa of Psionics, whose brash actions led to all subsequent users of the element being created as females
- Zaria - One of the last remaining Toa of Iron, who is known to have killed a Makuta
Other Toa Teams
- Dume's Team - A Toa team, likely consisting of six members, that Dume once led. They primarily fought against Rahi and Dark Hunters. After achieving their destiny, most of these Toa became Turaga and ruled over various lands, possibly including a small island in close proximity to Metru Nui.
- Orde's Team - A Toa team to which Orde once belonged. They rescued him from Odina a few days after he was captured helping a dozen Matoran laborers escape.
- Savage's Team - A Toa team to which Savage once belonged. Savage was separated from his team and mutated by Hordika Venom. When he returned, his teammates did not recognize him, and attacked him, thinking him to be a dangerous Rahi. In the ensuing conflict, Savage badly hurt his teammates and fled into the wilderness.
- Spinner's Team - A Toa team who fought mutated Rahkshi while traveling abroad and whom Spinner blamed for his fall into a deep pit.[note 1]
- Zaria's Team - A Toa team to which Zaria once belonged.
- At least six teams of Toa Hagah that served Makuta other than Teridax, such as Antroz, Mutran, Chirox, Spiriah, Tridax, and the Makuta of Stelt. Most of these teams had six Toa apiece, though they were not limited to the six main elements. After Teridax's Toa Hagah rebelled, some of these Toa were put to death, while some remained alive. However, several Toa Hagah may have become corrupt and served in the Brotherhood's army.
- A team of Toa that fought and imprisoned the Kanohi Dragon the first time it appeared in Metru Nui.
- A team of Toa that resided on the island of Xia and defended it from pirates and thieves.
- A team of Toa that fought against the Dark Hunter called Poison.
- A team of four Toa on the Northern Continent who were killed off as part of a Dark Hunter plot. One of them, a Toa of Sonics, was impersonated by Triglax. (deceased)
- Five other teams of Toa from which Makuta Teridax chose his Toa Hagah.
In The Kingdom Alternate Universe, Matoro failed to revive Mata Nui and the survivors of his death were forced to flee to the island of Mata Nui. Takanuva created at least six new Toa before becoming a Turaga:
In the Toa Empire Alternate Universe, there exists a Toa Empire led by Tuyet. Known miscellaneous Toa in the empire include:
- A Toa of Iron that defended the Coliseum, killed Takua, and destroyed Makuta Kojol's armor
- A Toa of Plasma that defended the Coliseum and killed Kojol
- A Toa of Magnetism that defended the Coliseum.
- A Toa of the Green that helped defend the Coliseum and whose powers over plant life dragged Nuju into the Archives
- A team of Toa who were on their way to assist the battle outside the Coliseum, but were buried by Takanuva
- Half a dozen Toa who were killed by Guardian before his death. (deceased)
In this dimension, the Great Spirit Mata Nui was never built, and the Toa were designed to be small and agile in order to complete their mission: retrieve Energized Protodermis from the core of their world, Spherus Magna, and repair it as well as possible. Known Toa of this universe include:
In this universe, Mata Nui completed his mission with little difficulty and reformed Spherus Magna. The Toa then took up positions helping the Agori and Glatorian to rebuild their villages. Known Toa of this universe include:
- Spinner could have been a member either of Dume's or Jovan's Team, as Greg Farshtey gave an ambiguous answer.
|Alive||| | | | ||
|Transformed||| | (revived) | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets