"Home of the archivists and miners in Metru Nui."
— Encyclopedia Updated
|District of Metru Nui|
|Position||Western Metru Nui|
Onu-Metru was the subterranean district of Earth on the island city of Metru Nui and site of its famous Archives.
Onu-Metru is best known as the home of the legendary Archives, although they now stretch under most of Metru Nui. Most Onu-Matoran were Miners or Archivists, and are so used to underground work that they have developed their own form of night vision.
During the Matoran Civil War, Onu-Metru sided with the Ta-Matoran. To stop the conflict, Teridax trapped great amounts of the armies in the Archives, and unleashed the exhibits onto them, in what would be known as the Archives Massacre.
About a month before the Great Cataclysm occurred, Toa Lhikan went to Onu-Metru and delivered to Whenua a Toa Stone, with which he became one of the Toa Metru. Some time after Whenua retrieved the Onu-Metru Great Disk, Nuparu went to Whenua and told him about a leak in the Maintenance Tunnels of the Onu-Metru Archives that could potentially worsen and cause the sea to rush into the Archives. The Toa Metru ventured into the Archives but decided to split up as the path divided into six separate paths. Soon it appeared the Toa Metru were turning on each other, until it was discovered that a shape-shifting Rahi, called Krahka, had been assuming different forms of each of the Toa Metru. She was quickly defeated when she shapeshifted into an amalgamation of all six Toa Metru, as the powers of the six Toa were too much to bear and caused too much strain, so she was forced to retreat in the form of a Lava Eel.
Following the Great Cataclysm, the Archives were breached and the exhibits shattered, unleashing all the different types of wild Rahi that were contained upon the city. When the Visorak moved into Metru Nui, Onu-Metru was heavily guarded due to the fact that the Visorak could get easier access to the Archives and mutate any of the Rahi that stayed inside the Archives. By the time the Visorak horde disbanded, the Onu-Metru region was severely damaged by the earthquake and the rampage of the wild Rahi.
About 1,000 years later, the Turaga, Toa Nuva and Matoran returned to Metru Nui, and their work began to rebuild the city. After Ta-Metru was repaired, Onu-Metru was in the process of slowly being reconstructed by the Matoran while some stayed in Po-Metru until their homes were rebuilt. Later, Onu-Metru was completely repaired by the Staff of Artakha. Despite the Staff of Artakha doing its job in repairing everything, it is still dangerous for Matoran to go into the Archives due to the large number of wild Rahi that are still free.
Along with the rest of Metru Nui, Onu-Metru was greatly damaged when a fragment of Aqua Magna impacted the Core Processor during Teridax's battle with Mata Nui. The surviving Matoran evacuated the Matoran Universe for the surface of Spherus Magna. Later, Onu-Metru, along with all other locations in the Matoran Universe, was dismantled.
Notable Former Inhabitants
- Whenua - Turaga of Onu-Metru, former noted Archivist and Toa Metru and Toa Hordika of Earth.
- Onua - Toa Nuva of Earth.
- Nuparu - Inventor of the Boxor and Vahki, former Toa Inika of Earth. Later became Toa Mahri of Earth.
- Tehutti - Rival archivist of Whenua.
- Mavrah - Archivist who fled with some of the first known Rahi to Mata Nui.
- Archives - The pinnacle of the Onu-Matoran's labor, the Archives was where the history of Metru Nui was housed for future generations, as well as the largest collection of its diverse fauna.
- Fikou Web - An unused section of the Archives particularly difficult to traverse; home of Krahka prior to the Visorak occupation.
- Mavrah's Sub-Level - After the failed Underwater Rahi Study and disappearance of Mavrah, Turaga Dume renamed the sub-level after him to honor his presumed death without revealing the Study to the Metru Nui public.
- Lightstone Mines - The source of all Lightstones on Metru Nui.
- Prison of the Dark Hunters - Straddling this Metru and Po-Metru, this secret holding area was used by Teridax to hold his enemies during his masquerade as Dume.
|Po-Metru « Onu-Metru » Ko-Metru|
|Archives (Fikou Web) | Lightstone Mines | Prison of the Dark Hunters|
|Coliseum | Ta-Metru | Ga-Metru | Le-Metru | Po-Metru | Onu-Metru | Ko-Metru | Great Barrier|
|Solis Magna||Spherus Magna (Aqua Magna | Bara Magna | Bota Magna) | Red Star|
|Metru Nui (Maze of Shadows) | Karzahni | Zakaz | Xia (The Mountain) | Northern Continent (Tren Krom Peninsula) | Artakha | Stelt | Odina | Southern Continent (Voya Nui, Mahri Nui) | Karda Nui | The Pit | Destral | Nynrah | Tren Krom's Island | Visorak | Daxia | Southern Islands (Artidax)|
|Field of Shadows | City of Silver|
|The Melding | Spherus Magna | Toa Empire | The Kingdom|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets