|History of Spherus Magna||History of Spherus Magna|
and Aqua Magna
|History||History of the Matoran Universe|
|Legends of Metru Nui | The Great Rescue|
|The Dark Time | Coming of the Toa | The Bohrok Swarms | The Bohrok-Kal Strike | The Mask of Light|
|Quest for the
Mask of Life
|Voya Nui | Mahri Nui | Karda Nui|
|Bara Magna||History of Bara Magna | Bara Magna | Journey's End|
|Spherus Magna||Spherus Magna|
One Year and One Week Ago
- ██ Several Makuta, led by Antroz, invade Karda Nui.
- ██ The Siege of Karda Nui begins. Gavla is among the first of the many Av-Matoran to be turned into Shadow Matoran by the Makuta in Karda Nui's skies. These Shadow Matoran include Kirop, former leader of the Av-Matoran, who was turned over while leading a rescue on the second day. Tanma, an Av-Matoran, replaces Kirop. The Shadow Matoran and the Makuta conquer all the Stalactite Villages except one.
- ██ The six Toa Nuva learn from Dume that Mata Nui is dying. The Turaga tell them that the only hope is the Mask of Life, hidden on the floating island of Voya Nui. They leave for Voya Nui in Toa Canisters without Takanuva, who Dume insists must stay behind to protect the city.
- ██ On Voya Nui, six figures named Piraka that arrive on the island, saying to the Matoran of Voya Nui they are Toa. Their main purpose on the island is to search for the Mask of Life.
- ██ The Piraka gain the Matoran's trust.
- ██ The Piraka make the Matoran build the Piraka Stronghold and start digging holes in the side of Mount Valmai to drain the lava.
- ██ In Metru Nui, Jaller grows suspicious about the Toa's disappearance and does not get any information from the Turaga. Furious, he orders the city's repairing to stop.
- ██ On Voya Nui, an Onu-Matoran, Garan grows suspicious, and he and a group of Matoran start investigating.
- ██ Avak creates the Zamor Launchers, but Garan and Kazi steal one.
- ██ Avak heads for the six Matoran's hiding but the Ga-Matoran, Dalu, "persuades" him to head off by enhancing his speed, strength and hearing, the effort leaving her unconscious.
- ██ Piruk, the Le-Matoran is sent investigating and discovers the Piraka are not Toa.
- ██ Hakann and Avak "defeat" a monster. Garan and Balta follow them and discover they had manufactured the monster themselves.
- ██ Zaktan creates the Zamor spheres and tests them on a Ta-Matoran, Dezalk. Enslaved; Dezalk tells all the Matoran to gather at the village.
- ██ The Piraka enslave every Matoran on the island except the Voya Nui Resistance Team, who avoid capture and sends them to empty the volcano.
- ██ Toa Nuva arrive on Voya Nui in canisters.
- ██ The Resistance team causes a rock slide and Balta steals a Zamor Sphere from Vezok, who with Thok traps Balta in a cave.
- ██ Reidak attacks the Toa Nuva and the other Piraka head for the scene of battle.
- ██ Gali fights Hakann. She traps him in a sphere of water, but is taken unawares by his mental blast, which knocks her unconscious.
- ██ Avak and Kopaka fight, but Kopaka is caged by the Piraka and defeated.
- ██ Lewa, Onua and Pohatu finally defeat Reidak, but lose much time.
- ██ Tahu is defeated in a sword fight by Zaktan.
- ██ Lewa, Pohatu and Onua manage to get their unconscious friends. Thok attacks, but fails. However Hakann downs Pohatu and Lewa and Onua is knocked unconscious by Vezok.
- ██ Stripped of their masks and tools, the Toa are ordered to be thrown into Mount Valmai.
- ██ Turaga Nokama visits Jaller on Metru Nui and tells him where and why the Toa Nuva have gone, even though she knows Dume and Vakama would be opposed to her doing so. After she leaves, Jaller makes up his mind to gather a few other Matoran and Takanuva and go to aid the Toa Nuva.
- ██ Hahli, Jaller, Hewkii, Kongu, Nuparu, Matoro and Takanuva leave, heading for an underwater chute in Le-Metru.
- ██ They encounter a mysterious tunnel that consumes all light.
- ██ While the Matoran and Takanuva travel in the tunnel, an eruption occurs on Voya Nui.
- ██ This causes the Piraka, who were carrying the Toa Nuva to burn to flee, leaving the Toa behind on Mount Valmai.
- ██ Pohatu moves the Toa out of danger.
- ██ The Voya Nui Resistance Team (minus Balta, who was being freed from the cave by Axonn) attack the Toa, thinking they are more impostors.
- ██ Axonn frees Balta.
- ██ Meanwhile, Jaller's party goes through the tunnel. During the passage Matoro feels a mysterious hand but as he exits the tunnel and realizes all his friends are there, the hand disappears.
- ██ The party then reaches a narrow strip of land flanked by seas. On the road they find a Suletu and reach an ancient gateway.
- ██ Takanuva cannot seem to pass a gate, the Matoran can (but cannot get back out). After an emotional farewell, they part
- ██ Meanwhile, the Voya Nui Resistance and the Toa Nuva fight.
- ██ Gali is hit by Dalu's Chargers, and madness takes over.
- ██ She runs away and meets up with Axonn, who helps her calm down.
- ██ Meanwhile, the Toa get the upper hand but Balta arrives, and tells the Matoran to stop fighting.
- ██ The Toa and Matoran ally, and head to the Piraka Stronghold to get their masks and tools back.
- ██ Zaktan sends the Piraka to search for the escaped Toa Nuva but Hakann ignores the order.
- ██ Meanwhile, Thok and Reidak are near Mount Valmai.
- ██ Thok pushes Reidak over a cliff and runs off.
- ██ Reidak comes back up and attacks Thok with his Buzz Saw, knocking him down.
- ██ In the Green Belt, the Piraka fight themselves.
- ██ Zaktan orders them to stop as Thok and Reidak complain since they do not know where to find the Mask of Life.
- ██ Zaktan states that Vezon, who betrayed them and came to Voya Nui before the others did, thought of knowing where the Ignika is.
- ██ Zaktan orders Thok and Reidak to track down Vezon.
- ██They find the canister he traveled in and decide to follow his footsteps.
- ██ Just at that moment Axonn interrupts and cracks the whole land open.
- ██ Thok and Reidak fall through the cracks and hang on for dear life. Axonn retrieves them both.
- ██ He throws them aside and tells them to give up their search.
- ██ Thok tries to use his spellbinder vision against him, but Axonn simply uses his Giant Axe to deflect his attack.
- ██ Reidak lifts a boulder to throw at Axonn, but Axonn throws his axe before he can, knocking him backwards.
- ██ Thok and Reidak ask Axonn to "point them toward Vezon" and they would be on their way. Axonn tells them that Vezon now serves the Mask of Life.
- ██ Just as he is about to hit them with his axe, Brutaka comes out of nowhere and knocks Axonn to the ground with a beam of energy from his sword.
- ██ On Voya Nui, Zaktan hires Brutaka who then sets off to find the Mask of Life.
- ██ The Matoran of Metru Nui meanwhile travel until they come across a valley full of Manas that are acting as guards.
- ██ Karzahni reveals himself to the Matoran and orders the Matoran to change their masks.
- ██ Jaller refuses and is shown a terrible vision of what would have happened if he had not sacrificed himself to save Takua.
- ██ Hakann allies with Brutaka in exchange for control over the Antidermis, the virus used to enslave the Matoran.
- ██ Thok and Avak think that the Mask of Life is in the Green Belt.
- ██ Jaller's party puts on the Karzahni's masks but Kongu wears the Suletu instead.
- ██ All but Hahli are sent to work in the forges.
- ██ Hahli tells Karzahni about the "outside world" as Karzahni has not had any contacts with the world outside his realm.
- ██ The other members of Jaller's company learn that Karzahni was meant to repair the Matoran, but he did not know how to do the job and sent the "fixed" to the Southern Continent.
- ██ On Voya Nui, Avak imprisons Zaktan.
- ██ Brutaka, respecting the pact with Hakann, attacks Avak and Thok.
- ██ The Toa Nuva try getting in by having Reidak destroy the door, but decide to go another way.
- ██ Zaktan is accidentally freed by Reidak.
- ██ The Toa Nuva and the Resistance, masks and tools restored, break in and almost defeat the Piraka.
- ██ Zaktan offers Brutaka the virus (Now referred to as Antidermis) and in return, Brutaka will "take out" the Toa and Matoran.
- ██ Brutaka knocks out all twelve heroes in one swipe of his blade.
- ██ Back in Karzahni, Jaller's Matoran meet a forgotten Matoran, who was one of the Matoran Crafters who made the Toa Canisters the Toa Mata arrived on Mata Nui in.
- ██ He finds six more canisters for Jaller and the others to make their escape in.
- ██ Karzahni comes in with Hahli in his grip, and Matoro challenges him to make the worst vision possible.
- ██ He does, which is, in full detail, what would happen if Mata Nui died.
- ██ As he is shocked by his own vision, the Matoran escape in the Toa Canisters.
- ██ Karzahni realizes that Mata Nui and Teridax do exist, and manages to follow the Matoran to Voya Nui.
- ██ Back on Voya Nui, Dalu manages to get away as Zaktan is distracted.
- ██ Hakann and Zaktan find her. They bring her back, but begin to fight.
- ██ They fight mainly using their vision powers, and Hakann uses some of his mental stabs.
- ██ Zaktan finally uses his laser vision and brings a boulder down upon Hakann.
- ██ Zaktan talks about the Mask of Life, and walks closer to the canister of Antidermis.
- ██ Dalu gets away again.
- ██ While Jaller and the other Matoran are traveling to Voya Nui, a bolt of lightning comes from the Red Star itself. While midway through its travel, the bolt separates into six separate bolts.
- ██ The Matoran reach Voya Nui, and emerge transformed as Toa.
- ██ The Toa Inika have additional lightning powers, which are fused with their original elemental powers.
- ██ Balta wakes up and realizes that Dalu is missing.
- ██ Garan is interrogated by Vezok and is tilted in lava.
- ██ Meanwhile, the new Toa wander on Voya Nui. They discover their faces light up without their Kanohi and their masks are organic and alive.
- ██ Avak, Reidak and Thok get in the chamber where Hakann was left after being defeated by Zaktan. The four plan how to get rid of Brutaka.
- ██ Balta and the others save Garan from the Chamber of Truth, and escape from Vezok.
- ██ After Nuparu discovers his power of flight, Matoro unwittingly unleashes his spirit, seeing the resistance.
- ██ Nuparu goes scouting and sees Vezok.
- ██ Nuparu flies the Toa over a lava flow, but accidentally drops Hahli. Jaller uses his Calix to save her.
- ██ The Toa encounter Vezok and defeat him.
- ██ Vezok uses his copied powers of ice and fire to escape.
- ██ Garan reveals himself to the new Toa and takes them to the Matoran Resistance's hideaway.
- ██ Balta takes a visit to see Axonn.
- ██ Vezok and Avak make an alliance, just as Axonn makes a tree fall in their direction and runs away.
- ██ They give chase, until they lose sight of Axonn.
- ██ They find a cave, which is full of the Matoran of Voya Nui's records.
- ██ Vezok wastes time by destroying the records as Axonn causes a cave-in between the two sides.
- ██ After telling him the tales of Mata Nui, Axonn reveals to Balta that if the Piraka get the Ignika, Mata Nui will die.
- ██ Balta goes back to the hideout.
- ██ Garan and the Toa arrive, and explain the desperate situation. Jaller names his team Toa Inika.
- ██ The Toa Inika get new Zamor Launchers from Velika.
- ██ Jaller, Hahli, Dalu, and Piruk go to free the enslaved Matoran with their Zamor spheres.
- ██ Hewkii, Matoro, Kazi and Balta find Axonn defeated by Brutaka.
- ██ Nuparu, Kongu, Garan and Velika search the stronghold for the Toa Nuva.
- ██ They are surprised by the Piraka and Brutaka but the other Toa Inika attack the Piraka Stronghold.
- ██ Brutaka battles Hewkii, but falls in a chasm created by the Toa.
- ██ Nuparu uses his mask power to fly through Zaktan, taking the Protodites that make up Zaktan's body with him.
- ██ Thok fights Hahli and Matoro
- ██ Kongu is imprisoned in a sucking air cage by Avak, but escapes by distracting the Piraka with his Suletu.
- ██ Kongu increases the pressure around Avak, defeating him.
- ██ Jaller spots Hakann trying to make his escape and pursues him.
- ██ Hakann shoots a Zamor Sphere at Brutaka, who is emerging, created to transfer the being's power into Hakann.
- ██ Before the Zamor Sphere hits Brutaka, Thok races to Hakann.
- ██Brutaka gets hit, and Thok and Hakann get his energy.
- ██ The two Piraka defeat the five Toa and three Piraka in one go, and leave the stronghold.
- ██ Nuparu returns carrying an unconscious Zaktan in a stone cocoon.
- ██ He revives the other Toa, and the Toa inspect Brutaka.
- ██ Axonn arrives, giving words of wisdom to the Toa and gives Jaller a Zamor sphere, saying the Toa will have to use it to retrieve the Ignika.
- ██ The Toa Inika leave to follow the Piraka armed with a Zamor Sphere given to them by Zaktan, which will return Brutaka his powers when shot at Hakann and Thok.
- ██ Hakann and Thok fight each other while on the way to the Mask of Life. During this fight, Hakann fires a heat ray into the ground which hits a gas pocket, causing an enormous explosion.
- ██ The Inika see the explosion and head off in that direction.
- ██ Hakann is attacked by the Piraka. Thok freezes Hakann's launcher and Vezok.
- ██ Hakann and Thok come together for one final blow. Hewkii takes this chance to fire his Zamor Sphere, causing the two Piraka to lose their power just as their blasts knocked the Toa Inika unconscious.
- ██ Axonn and Brutaka start to fight.
- ██ The Inika awake to find the Piraka gone. They then begin to descend the stone staircase.
- ██ The Piraka encounter a junction in the passage, but the left passage is blocked by a cave in so they take the right path.
- ██The Piraka encounter their worst fear, Irnakk. He defeats five Piraka, but Zaktan is able to confront this fear by saying he is fear and the Piraka are able to get by.
- ██ The Inika begin to travel down the staircase and reach the junction. However, this time, the right side is covered, and the left is open, so they take the left.
- ██ The Toa enter the a chamber where an illusion of Lhikan tells them to turn back.
- ██ Meanwhile, in the stronghold, Brutaka jolts Axonn and then opens a portal to the Field of Shadows to trap his former friend, that will not close until something comes or goes through it.
- ██ The Inika encounter a chamber where they battle illusions of all their foes (Makuta, Bohrok, Bohrok-Kal, a Rahkshi, a Nui-Rama, and a Muaka). The defeated illusions then morph into the Toa Nuva causing depression amongst the Inika.
- ██ The Toa decide to continue, and then realize the Toa Nuva are illusions.
- ██ The Piraka reach the next chamber where each one is trapped in a tube. A voice tells them that if they all pull the lever in front of them at the same time they will all be released. If only one person pulls it that person will escape and the rest will be incinerated. Reidak pulls his lever.
- ██ The Resistance frees the Toa Nuva from chains and the Antidermis that the Piraka used to trap them.
- ██ The Piraka escape, none of them realizing the slow mutations caused by the water.
- ██ The Piraka decide to set a trap at a bridge they have encountered leading to the final chamber.
- ██ The Toa Inika come to the Chamber of Death, which requires a sacrifice in exchange for passage through it.
- ██ Matoro sacrifices himself but is revived.
- ██ The Inika enter another chamber where they fight Protodax and then Umbra. Umbra goes so fast that the Toa cannot fight him.
- ██ Matoro makes Umbra slip, but the guardian turns into a beam of light.
- ██ Matoro makes Umbra reflect, knocking him down.
- ██ The Inika then come to the bridge.
- ██ A short battle erupts, and looks to be in the Inika's favor, but a strong whirlwind caused by Kongu collapses the bridge the Inika are on, crushing them beneath the rubble.
- ██ The Piraka enter the final chamber, finding Vezon, who has become the Ignika's ultimate guardian, fused with a giant spider, Fenrakk.
- ██ Vezon is trapped in a cage by Avak, and shows them the mask is fused to the back of his head. He says he will give it to them if they kill Vezok.
- ██ The Piraka trap Vezok, only to have Vezok copy his attacker's powers and use them to free Vezon in hopes to attack him.
- ██ Vezon fuses Reidak and Vezok together into a creature under his control.
- ██ The creature knocks the other Piraka unconscious and then is defused which knocks out Vezok and Reidak.
- ██ The Inika then blast open the door and enter the final chamber.
- ██ While the Toa Inika arrive, Axonn almost defeats Brutaka, who tries using the Antidermis to make him stronger but Axonn shatters the giant vat of Antidermis. Axonn thinks he may have heard the virus scream.
- ██ Axonn defeats Brutaka and Botar appears.
- ██ Axonn tries to stop Botar from taking Brutaka to the Pit but then Botar threatens to take Axonn there as well so he stops.
- ██ Tahtorak and Krahka escape from the Field of Shadows.
- ██ Vezon and the Inika fight. Vezon is able to absorb kinetic energy so they cannot defeat him.
- ██ However, Matoro, Kongu and Hahli almost defeat the guardian, but Vezon and Fenrakk recharge with kinetic energy.
- ██ Jaller knocks Vezon and his mount into the lava.
- ██ Just before Jaller would have jumped in to try and retrieve the Ignika, Vezon emerges with a transformed mount which is now the Kardas Dragon.
- ██ The Inika fight Vezon and Kardas. Jaller and Kongu are temporarily knocked out. The remaining Toa combine their powers, but Kardas defeats them.
- ██ Kongu reads the "mind" of the mask and displays how the mask hates Vezon into Vezon's head.
- ██ Jaller fires the Axonn's Zamor Sphere at Vezon and Kardas freezing them in time.
- ██ Matoro grabs the Mask of Life off the back of Vezon's head.
- ██ The Piraka confront the Inika and are about to fight when the time Zamor wears off on Kardas and the mask tells it to fire a concussive blast at Matoro.
- ██ Matoro drops the mask and it flies off up the stone staircase.
- ██ The Inika fire blasts at the Piraka to slow them down and then begin chasing the mask.
- ██ The Piraka break free of Matoro's ice beams and begin pursuit excluding Vezok and Reidak.
- ██ Vezok demands Reidak fuse him and Vezon back together. Reidak snaps the spear of fusion in half, and then in half again. Vezok and Reidak pursue the other Piraka.
- ██ A Matoran in Mahri Nui decides to try and swim up to the surface.
- ██ The Inika emerge to see the mask plunge into the ocean.
- ██ Hahli swims down after the mask until she faints under the pressure.
- ██ The Matoran coming up from the the deep takes Hahli to the surface and dies in the Inika's arms.
- ██ The Inika are joined by the Matoran Resistance Group, Toa Nuva, Axonn, and Botar carrying an unconscious Brutaka.
- ██ Botar whispers to Tahu about a new mission for the Toa Nuva before teleporting away.
- ██ The Piraka see the group, and decide to wait for the perfect moment to strike.
- ██ Axonn says he can show the Inika how to get down to the mask.
- ██ Axonn opens a gate into the Cord, and the Toa Inika's journey to Mahri Nui begins.
- ██ Karzahni decides to swim into the Black Water after the Inika and is mutated.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets