"The Dikapi is a hardy desert bird with a strong beak and a distinctive flute-like whistle. Although it cannot fly, it can run for hours upon end without stopping for food or rest. Some Dikapi have been trained by the Matoran of Po-Koro to carry scouts and messengers quickly across the sands."
— LEGO Club
|Known locations||Po-Metru (formerly)|
Dikapi are large, flightless bird Rahi.
A population of Dikapi made their home in the deserts of Po-Metru on Metru Nui. When the Great Cataclysm caused the creation of the island of Mata Nui, some of the Dikapi of Metru Nui migrated to the island and integrated into the Po-Wahi ecosystem. The Po-Matoran tamed the Dikapi to act as scouts and messengers rode trained Dikapi across the vastness of the Po-Wahi deserts.[LEGO Club]
1,000 years later, the Dikapi migrated with the Po-Matoran back to Metru Nui.
Abilities and Traits
Identifiable by a flute-like, whistling cry, these Rahi are notable for their strong beaks and endurance, running for hours without stopping to refresh.
- The Dikapi was designed by LEGO employee Daniel Lipkowitz. Before it was made canon, it was posted as a MOC named Pikari on Lipkowitz's fan page The Sands of Mata Nui, along with the Mata Nui Cow, Kirikori Nui, and Ranama.
- In the original MOC and the photograph on the LEGO Club website, the Dikapi has dark grey legs; the official instructions call for tan.
- According to the URL of the LEGO Club instruction images, the Dikapi are ostrich.
- Dikapi Building Instructions on Brickshelf.com
- Dikapi Building Instructions on LEGO Club (archive)
- Daniel Lipkowitz's original MOC and fanfiction
|Combiner Model||| | | ( ) ( ) | | | | | ||
|Alternate Model||| | | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets