"The Mukau [sic] is a placid animal that lives in herds on the plains of Mata Nui. Although peaceful by nature, it is quick to react to danger. Opponents would be wise to beware the Mukau's [sic] horns and hooves, which it can wield with surprising speed!"
— LEGO Mania Magazine January-February 2002
|Mata Nui Cow|
|Known locations||Metru Nui (formerly)|
Mata Nui (formerly)
The Mata Nui Cow is a peaceful bovine Rahi.
Abilities and Traits
Though naturally gentle, the Mata Nui Cow becomes considerably more formidable when faced with danger, taking advantage of its sturdy horns and hooves which it quickly adopts as natural weapons.
The Mata Nui Cow can be built using parts from Toa Mata sets 8531 Pohatu and 8533 Gali. Spinning a gear on its back causes its front legs to alternately move back and forth. Instructions could be found in a 2002 LEGO Mania Magazine (now simply LEGO Magazine) or on the LEGO Club website.
- The Mata Nui Cow was designed by LEGO employee Daniel Lipkowitz. Before it was made canon, it was posted as a MOC on Lipkowitz's fan page The Sands of Mata Nui, along with the Dikapi, Kirikori Nui, and Ranama.
- In the original MOC and the photograph on the LEGO Club website, the Mata Nui Cow's eyes are towballs and the face piece on its back is blue. The official instructions call for ball joint eyes and a grey face.
- This Rahi was originally called the Mukau (a pun on "Moo-Cow"), but it has not been called by this name since 2002. The name was taken out of canon because the story team head considered it too silly.
- Mata Nui Cow Building Instructions on BS01
- Mata Nui Cow Building Instructions on LEGO Club (archive)
- Mata Nui Cow Building Instructions on Google Drive
- Daniel Lipkowitz's original MOC and fanfiction
|Combiner Model||| | | ( ) ( ) | | | | | ||
|Alternate Model||| | | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets