"The Mukau [sic] is a placid animal that lives in herds on the plains of Mata Nui. Although peaceful by nature, it is quick to react to danger. Opponents would be wise to beware the Mukau's [sic] horns and hooves, which it can wield with surprising speed!"
— LEGO Mania Magazine January-February 2001
|Mata Nui Cow|
|Known locations||Metru Nui (formerly)|
Mata Nui (formerly)
The Mata Nui Cow is a peaceful bovine Rahi.
Abilities and Traits
Though naturally gentle, the Mata Nui Cow becomes considerably more formidable when faced with danger, taking advantage of its sturdy horns and hooves which it quickly adopts as natural weapons.
The Mata Nui Cow can be built using parts from Toa Mata sets 8531 Pohatu and 8533 Gali. Spinning a gear on its back causes its front legs to alternately move back and forth. Instructions could be found in a 2001 LEGO Mania Magazine (now simply LEGO Magazine) or on the LEGO Club website.
- The Mata Nui Cow was designed by LEGO employee Daniel Lipkowitz.
- On the official render, the Mata Nui Cow's eyes are mini-ball joints, while the combiner model uses normal sized ball joints.
- This Rahi was originally called the Mukau (a pun on "Moo-Cow"), but it has not been called by this name since 2001. The name was taken out of canon because the story team head considered it too silly.
- Mata Nui Cow Building Instructions on BS01
- Mata Nui Cow Building Instructions on LEGO Club (archive)
- Mata Nui Cow Building Instructions on Google Drive
|Combiner Model||| | | ( ) ( ) | | | | | ||
|Alternate Model||| | | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets