Game Boy Advance
|Controls||Gamepad (Playstation 2/Xbox 360 Version)|
Wii Remote/Nunchuk (Wii Version)
Keyboard/Mouse (PC Version)
Touchscreen/Buttons (DS Version)
BIONICLE Heroes is a video game released by the LEGO Company, Travellers Tales and Eidos in 2006, featuring the Toa Inika, Piraka, and others. The second and final BIONICLE home console video game, it follows a non-canonical plot similar to its predecessor.
- 1 Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii and PC Version
- 1.1 Plot
- 1.2 Matoran Enclave
- 1.3 Piraka Playground
- 1.4 Weapons
- 1.5 Abilities
- 1.6 Zones
- 1.7 Enemies
- 1.8 Achievements
- 2 See also
- 3 External links
Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii and PC Version
The objective of the game is to defeat the Piraka and their "minions" in order to retrieve the Mask of Life. In the Playstation 2, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii versions, the player controls a Toa capable of changing into a different Toa Inika via collected Kanohi masks. The game is split into seven areas; the first six are of individual Piraka and the final one of Vezon. There are four respective levels in the first six areas.
Along with defeating enemies, the player must destroy or create certain objects to obtain points.
A mysterious Toa washes up on a beach on Voya Nui in a Toa Canister. Following a trail of footprints, the Toa finds Balta in a small shelter, and the Ta-Matoran explains that the Piraka have taken over the island and stolen the Ignika. Balta then hands the Toa a Kanohi Calix, giving him the appearance and form of Toa Inika Jaller.
Balta takes the Toa back to the Matoran enclave, where they use portals to access different areas of Voya Nui and combat the Piraka. Once all six Piraka have been defeated, the entrance to the Chamber of Life opens, and the Toa, by then in possession of all six Inika masks and powers, enters the Chamber and battles Vezon and Fenrakk, eventually defeating him and recovering the Mask of Life. With Voya Nui freed, the game ends.
This serves as a hub for the game, and is where the player starts after loading a game or completing a level.
At the back of the Enclave, Balta runs a shop selling three different things:
- Hints that provide tips for playing the game.
- Upgrades - Each Toa has three upgrade bars, which can be bought, section by section, to improve that Toa's performance. Armor upgrades make the Toa more damage-resistant, weapon upgrades improve their firepower, and ability upgrades give Toa access to additional powers which are necessary to find all the secret items in the game.
- Extras - Most of the extras appear in the Piraka Playground once purchased, and are usually humorous animations.
This area contains sculptures of the six Piraka, which rise to reveal rooms with portals to the rest of Voya Nui.
Once at least one level has been completed, the four arches over the entrance to the Zone Select open. Each leads to a chamber displaying creatures unlocked in-game by collecting silver canisters. The first chamber on the left displays Bohrok-Kal, the second Visorak, and the third Vahki, with each creatures name appearing when they are aimed at. The fourth chamber displays mini-bosses, which are unlocked by defeating them in game. Each mini-boss is in their own canister, and when the canister is opened set information and a short bio are displayed.
This area becomes available once at least one level has been completed. The display grids are navigated using the movement controls. There is a different grid on each wall:
- Collectibles - This 10 x 10 grid shows collectibles found in-game, such as Kanohi, Kanoka, and Krana. Each can be selected to view details including wearers, powers, and set information. Collectibles are found in gold canisters.
- Creatures - This 6 x 6 grid shows unlocked creatures. The top row is for Bohrok-Kal, the second for Visorak, the third for Vahki, the fourth for Rahkshi, the fifth for various enemies, and the sixth for Piraka. Selecting one displays stats, release information, and a detailed bio.
- Achievements - This grid shows special achievements unlocked in-game. Selecting an achievement displays the criteria and the level it was earned in.
This is an area where the defeated Piraka end up. Mini movies activated in the Playground can be purchased at Balta's shop. Also, at the far side of the playground, the three bonus levels can be found which tests how many enemies, either Bohrok, Visorak, or Vahki, the player can defeat in two minutes.
Each Toa starts with their respective Toa Mata's weapon. This can later be upgraded to their respective Toa Metru's weapon, and finally their own, Toa Inika weapon. The weapon categories are as follows:
- Stonesmash - Hewkii's weapons; quite powerful and the slowest of all the weapons, these function like rocket launchers. When shooting, Hewkii will experience recoil and be pushed back.
- Earthshock - Nuparu's weapons; the most powerful of all weapons and moderately slow, these function like grenade launchers.
- Waterburst - Hahli's weapons; rather weak and fast, these function like beams of water.
- Icecrack - Matoro's weapons; powerful and slow, these function like sniper rifles.
- Fireblast - Jaller's weapons; weak and very fast, these function like machine guns.
- Airshot - Kongu's weapons; strength varies with distance. Rather slow, these function like shotguns.
- Hewkii - Hewkii can assemble normal constractions. After being upgraded, Hewkii can collapse certain walls with his Fragmentation ability.
- Nuparu - Nuparu has the ability to climb up certain walls and cliff faces. He can also be upgraded to dig up treasures using his Excavate ability.
- Hahli - Hahli can cross rivers and streams. Once she has been upgraded, she can use her Drench ability to open secret rooms. She is faster in water than on land.
- Matoro - Matoro can use his weapons to zoom in and snipe white targets that can only be destroyed from a distance, or hit enemies in zoom mode for twice the damage. After being upgraded, Matoro can create ice bridges with his Freeze ability in certain places to create pathways.
- Jaller - Jaller can walk over lava. Once upgraded, he can use his Torch ability to burn down vines that block the player's path.
- Kongu - Kongu can leap certain gaps that are marked by green landing pads. Once upgraded, he can use his Gust ability to open secret areas.
- Piraka - All of the Piraka can assemble the Piraka constractions within their respective zones.
- Vezon - Vezon can assemble black constractions as well as all Piraka constractions.
- Vezok's Coastline - The first zone of the game, in this zone Vezok is unlocked. The levels are Piraka Bluff, Smuggler's Cove, Shattered Wreck, and Vezok's Deluge.
- Avak's Stronghold - In this zone, Avak can be unlocked. The levels are Decrepit Dungeons, Cleansing Plant, Menacing Keep, and Avak's Dynamo.
- Thok's Mountain - Thok is unlocked in this zone. The levels are Flooded Lowlands, Mountain Path, Blizzard Peaks, and Thok's Grotto.
- Reidak's Desert - Reidak is unlocked in this zone. The levels are Desert Outpost, Bleak Refinery, Ancient Citadel, and Reidak's Bastion.
- Hakann's Volcano - The player can unlock Hakann in this zone. The levels are Scorched Earth, Volcanic Trail, Fiery Mine, and Hakann's Pit.
- Zaktan's Jungle - This zone unlocks Zaktan. The levels are Logging Post, Ancient Forest, Forgotten Shrine, and Zaktan's Chamber.
- Vezon's Awakening - The final zone of the game, this is actually a level instead of a full four level zone. In this area, Vezon is unlocked and the final movie plays after completing it if 100% has been achieved for the game.
|Bohrok - The weakest enemies, Bohrok fly or roll around and shoot at the Toa. Shots vary in strength, speed and visual depending on type.|
|Visorak - These are the standard enemies, Visorak come down from webs and launch Rhotuka at the Toa, or various attacks depending on the breed.|
|Vahki - The strongest enemies, Vahki can shoot at or smash the Toa. The tougher three types must be defeated twice, with the second time at only half strength (or a standard enemy's strength).|
These are the final enemies of each level in each zone.
To complete the game and achieve 100%, the player must fully upgrade all Toa, collect all silver and golden canisters, buy all tips and Piraka Playground items, and achieve assorted goals.
Golden Canister Items
1. Gold Kanohi Vahi
26. Kanohi Rua
51. Protodermis Kanohi Hau
76. Nokama's Kanohi Rau
|Console||| | | | | | | | ( | )|
|Mobile||| | | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets