"Then he triggered his mask power, reaching into the mind of Matau. As a crafter, he knew just when a hammer was needed and when a more delicate tool would get the job done. He carefully applied the mask-energies to drive out the Vahki's influence."
— Narrator, Voyage of Fear
|Title||Mask of Mind Control|
|Powers||Controlling the minds of others|
The Kanohi Komau is the Mask of Mind Control. It allows its user to see into the mind of another and to control them, but only if the user has greater willpower than the target. The less willpower a target has, the easier it is to control them. It can only work on one target at a time. The Noble version cannot control beings who are as mentally strong for as long a time as the Great version can. The Noble is strong enough to control Krana, but not Toa. Both versions can be used to deliver mental blasts with effects debilitating, but not known to be lethal, to their targets. Because the mask only works on beings with minds, it is useless against robots like Vahki and most types of Rahi. It also does not work on Spherus Magna natives.
- Great: Onewa used his Great Komau to make Whenua sit down in Legends of Metru Nui.
- Noble: Lewa used a Noble Komau to control the mind of a Nui-Kopen to serve as a transport out of a Nui-Rama Hive in the Mata Nui Online Game.
- Toa Metru Onewa - Formerly; briefly mutated when he became a Toa Hordika; became Noble when he transformed into a Turaga
- Onewa - Formerly; became Great when he transformed into a Toa Metru
- Turaga Vakama - Former secondary mask; destroyed during the sinking of Ta-Koro
- Turaga Nokama - Secondary mask
- Turaga Matau - Secondary mask
- Turaga Onewa - Primary mask
- Turaga Whenua - Secondary mask
- Turaga Nuju - Secondary mask
- The Toa Mata - Former secondary masks; lost when they became Toa Nuva, now with the Turaga
- Jaller - Formerly; on Metru Nui
- Kivi - Formerly; on Metru Nui
- Kopeke - Damaged; replaced with a Kanohi Matatu
- A Ta-Matoran who searched for Artakha during the search for the Seventh Toa
|A Matoran Kanohi Komau in Great form, as seen in Legends of Metru Nui|
|A Great Kanohi Komau|
|A Great Kanohi Komau mutated by Hordika Venom|
|A Noble Kanohi Komau|
The noble Komau was first released in 2001 as part of 8542 Onewa in tan and 8539 Manas in yellow. It was one of the masks possible to be received in 8525 BIONICLE Masks, in orange, lime green, tan, light blue, light gray, and dark gray. It was made available in copper, representing a Copper Mask of Victory, through promotional means. In 2004, it was released as part of 8608 Vhisola in dark blue dual-injected with silver. The mask bears the code 6-AG on the inside.
A Hordika-version of the mask was released in light brown as part of 8739 Toa Hordika Onewa in 2005.
- Copper Masks of Victory are often made in the shape of a Noble Komau or a Noble Huna.
- Despite being a mask that robs a target of their free will, the Komau is not considered to be an immoral mask because it has the capability of being used for good, depending on the morals of the user.
- In the game files of Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle, Kivi's and Nuhrii's masks are defined as
Kamau, a misspelling of
Komau. This caused their masks to default to Kaukau, instead of matching their appearances in Onewa's Toa Metru Mini Promo CD and the Mata Nui Online Animations, respectively.
- The pronunciation provided in Encyclopedia Updated is koh-MOW, but koh-MAOW is written here instead since it's less ambiguous.
|Great/Noble|| | | | | | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | |
| | |
| | | |
|| | | | | | ||
|Others||| | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets