Kohrak-Kal being shaken apart by its own powers
|Associated colors||Primary: Gray|
Sonics is an Elemental Power.
In the Matoran Universe, Sonics is represented by the Matoran prefix De- and the color gray.
- De-Matoran represent Sonics and contain a minuscule amount of Elemental Sonics Energy, to the extent that they are very sensitive to sound and have a very acute sense of hearing. All De-Matoran, and Toa and Turaga of Sonics are male.
- Toa of Sonics possess the Elemental Power of Sonics, allowing them to create, control and absorb sound. Their only real limitations are that when they run out of Elemental Sonic Energy, they must wait for it to recharge; they are also vulnerable to their own abilities, whereas many Toa of other elements have natural resistance to the elements that they command.
- Turaga of Sonics have small traces of Elemental Sonics powers.
- Kohrak-Kal had a wide range of Sonics powers.
- Rahkshi and Kraata of Sonics, Silence, and Power Scream, as well as all Makuta, have limited Sonic powers.
- All Boggarak can emit sonic hums that transmute matter around them.
- All Klakk can emit powerful and dangerous sonic shrieks.
- Lohrak mutated by Hordika Venom gain the ability to emit sonic shrieks.
- The Sonic Entity was a creature made of animate sonic energy.
- All Kikanalo can unleash a powerful sonic roar that can blow enemies away.
- Skakdi of Sonics can only access their power if they work with another Skakdi, or if they carry a weapon that allows them to focus their Sonics power individually.
- Creating sound waves and/or concentrated beams of sound
- Forming a sonic barrier
- Generating a sonic boom
- Using sonic waves to disrupt a structure's integrity
- Controlling sound waves
- Imitating sounds
- Absorbing sound
- Controlling/Absorbing sound to generate a field of silence
- Using sonar
- Unleashing a Sonics Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive)
- Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each of them wields a different Element, and Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
All of the following beings have or had the Element of Sonics and/or its sub-powers:
- The Kanohi Arthron and any user of one - Echolocation
- All Boggarak - Sonic hum that transmutes matter to stone or gas.
- All De-Matoran - Inaccessible; manifests as enhanced hearing capabilities.
- All Kikanalo - Sonic roar.
- All Klakk - Power scream.
- Krahka - Power scream; while using a Power Scream Rahkshi's form.
- Kohrak-Kal (Formerly; now destroyed)
- A Lohrak mutated by Hordika Venom - Power scream.
- All Makuta - Sonics, silence, and power scream.
- Silence - Aura of silence.
- All Skakdi of Sonics - Only in conjunction with other Skakdi, or through certain weapons.
- The Sonic Entity - Sonic booms. (formerly; now destroyed)
- All Toa of Sonics
- All Turaga of Sonics - Diminished after their transformation from Toa.
- The Kanohi Shelek and any user of one - Silence
The following locations are/were affiliated with Sonics:
- De-Koro (Formerly; now destroyed)
- Kazi's Echo Forks have non-elemental Sonic powers.
- Nuju's Hordika Teeth generated an ultrasonic hum when rubbed together. This was used to summon flying Rahi.
- Vultraz once used a Sonic device to incapacitate a village of De-Matoran.
- The Destral Cycle uses sound to power its motion.
- The prefix "De-" was derived from the word "decibel," a real-world measurement unit for sound.
|| | | | | ||
|Standard|| | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
|| | ||
|Standard||| | | | | ||
|| | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets