Onua creating a quake with his Earth powers
|Associated colors||Primary: Black|
Secondary: Dark Grey, Tan, Purple
Earth is an Elemental Power.
- The Element Lord of Earth has a wide range of Earth-based powers.
In the Matoran Universe, Earth is represented by the Matoran prefix Onu-, as well as the color black.
- Onu-Matoran represent the element of Earth and come in shades of black, gray, purple, orange, and tan. Onu-Matoran also contain a very minuscule amount of elemental Earth energy, to the extent that they are able to sense vibrations in the ground and have excellent night vision. They are also physically stronger than some other types of Matoran, though they are not as strong as Po-Matoran. All Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Earth are male.
- Toa of Earth possess the Elemental Power of Earth, allowing them to create, control and absorb earth and earth-like substances. Their only real limitation is that when they run out of Elemental Earth Energy, they must wait for it to recharge.
- Turaga of Earth possess small traces of Elemental Earth power.
- Nuhvok have a very limited range of Earth powers.
- The Bahrag have a wider range of Earth powers than the Nuhvok.
- Earth Gafna can emit pulses of elemental Earth energy from their tails.
- Earth Burnak can emit pulses of elemental Earth energy.
- Skakdi of Earth can only access their power if they work with another Skakdi, or if they carry a weapon that allows them to focus their powers individually.
- Creating earth.
- Manipulating earth and soil.
- Causing earthquakes.
- Absorbing earth.
- Setting a timed Earth blast. (Toa Nuva-exclusive)
- Unleashing an Earth Nova Blast. (Toa-exclusive)
- When combined with the Elemental Power of Fire, it can be used to make lava.
- Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis Cage. As long as each wields a different element, and Light and Shadow are not included at the same time, then any six Toa can create a Protodermis Cage.
All of the following have or had the Element of Earth and/or its sub-powers:
- The Bahrag
- All Earth Burnak
- The Element Lord of Earth
- All Earth Gafna
- Some Fohrok - Through their shields. (formerly; now destroyed)
- Guardian - Through his Rhotuka spinner.
- Krahka - While using Toa Whenua's form.
- All Nuhvok - Through their Earth Shields.
- All Onu-Matoran - Inaccessible; manifests as enhanced night vision.
- All Skakdi of Earth - Only in conjunction with other Skakdi or through certain weapons.
- Reidak (formerly; currently fused)
- All Toa of Earth
- Bomonga - Lost upon his mutation into a Rahaga, but regained when the mutation was reversed.
- Nuparu - His power as a Toa Inika was combined with Lightning.
- Onua - Enhanced when he became a Toa Nuva.
- Prototype - Diminished after centuries as a fusion.
- Savage - As a Toa Hordika, has less control over his powers than a Toa.
- Whenua - His Toa Disk also had Earth powers. (formerly; now transformed into a Turaga)
- The Toa Mangai of Earth (formerly; now deceased)
- All Turaga of Earth - Diminished after their transformation from Toa.
The following locations are or were affiliated with Earth:
- Onu-Metru (formerly; now destroyed)
- Onu-Wahi (formerly; now destroyed)
- Onu-Koro (formerly; now destroyed)
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 12 November 2014
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire | Water | Jungle | Rock | Ice | Sand | Earth|
|Standard||Fire | Water | Air | Stone | Earth | Ice | Light | Shadow|
Lightning | Magnetism | Plasma | Gravity | Sonics | The Green | Iron | Psionics
|Sub-Powers||Heat | Vacuum | Telekinesis | Telepathy|
|Legendary||Life | Time | Creation|
|Standard||Acid | Anger | Disintegration | Heat Vision | Laser Vision | Teleportation | Shapeshifting|
|Abilities||Fusions | Nova Blast | Rhotuka | Shadow Hand|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets