"Lewa yanked on the chains. They were made of protosteel, one of the hardest substaces in the universe, and so thick that even Pohatu would have a hard time breaking free by sheer strength alone."
— Narrator, Shadows in the Sky
Lewa Nuva's protosteel Air Saber
|Primary location||Matoran Universe|
Protosteel has been used rarely, due to the difficulty in working with it. Artakha is one of the few known to be able to work with the substance, and create things out of it. It was also used in the Order of Mata Nui's experiments with the members of Ehlek's species.
Makuta eventually evolved from solid Antidermis into gaseous Antidermis encased inside Protosteel armor. They later hired the Nynrah Ghosts to alter their armor to take advantage of the Makuta's new form.
Artakha later gave the Toa Nuva Adaptive Armor and Toa Tools made of Protosteel to help them in their mission in the core of the universe.
Protosteel is the toughest known form of metal in existence in the Matoran Universe, and is conductive to electricity. It is extremely hard to work with, and only a few beings within the universe can deal with it, including the Nynrah Ghosts and Artakha.
Due to its durability, few known entities are capable of destroying or damaging Protosteel including:
- Another Protosteel object
- A type of armor-eating virus
- A Bohrok Lehvak's acid
- Tren Krom's and the Shadowed One's disintegration eyebeams
- Pridak's teeth (formerly)
- The heavy doorway between Mangaia and Metru Nui's dome
- Intense laser/heat beams
- A Visorak Keelerak's Rhotuka Spinner
- A Toa of Iron using his control over metal to destroy it
Known Protosteel Objects
- Codrex Vehicles
- Order of Mata Nui Weapons
- Brotherhood of Makuta Weapons/Armor/Kanohi
- Adaptive Weapons/Adaptive Armor/Adaptive Kanohi Nuva
- Toa Tools
- Miscellaneous weapons
|| | | | | | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets