|Leader||Element Lord of Earth|
|Goals||Defend themselves from the tribes of Spherus Magna|
Prevent a worldwide alliance against themselves
|Enemies||Tribes of Spherus Magna|
The Earth Tribe, aware of what went on beneath Spherus Magna, discovered Energized Protodermis before it appeared on the planet's surface. The Element Lord of Earth contemplated claiming the substance, but she reconsidered as such a powerful resource would make herself and her tribe a valuable target. Instead she waited for Energized Protodermis to rise to the planet's surface so that others would discover it. Then, the Element Lord hoped, she could foment conflict among the other tribes and claim the substance for herself.
Eventually, the Ice Tribe found a spring of Energized Protodermis. The Earth Tribe subtly encouraged the Ice Tribe to claim the well and, in so doing, underhandedly kickstarted the Core War. The Earth Tribe abstained from the war, preaching peace all while subverting attempts to end the conflict.
Spherus Magna grew unstable as the conflict waged on, and before the Earth Tribe could claim the Ice Tribe's well, the Shattering brought the Core War to an end. Although a few Earth Agori were on Bara Magna at that time, the Element Lord of Earth and most of the surviving Earth Tribe were stranded on Bota Magna.
While the Core War raged, many did not realize the Earth Tribe's schemes. After the Shattering, however, it became common knowledge that the Earth Tribe was responsible for the Core War. For its treachery, the Earth Tribe was effectively exiled from the rest of Spherus Magna society.
Over 100,000 years later, Mata Nui used the Prototype Robot and the Great Spirit Robot to reunite the three fragments of Spherus Magna. The Earth Tribe now resides on the restored planet. They plan to seed discord among the other tribes to prevent a worldwide alliance against themselves.
- A few Agori that were stranded on Bara Magna after the Shattering
- A female warrior who became the Element Lord of Earth (transformed)
- At least one Great Being
Social Structure and Interactions
The Earth Tribe's people are farmers, and their tribal colors are brown and black. While male members prefer to work in farms, female members such as the Element Lord of Earth tended to rule Earth Tribe territory until the Great Beings became Spherus Magna's scientist-kings. The Earth Tribe has greater numbers on Bota Magna than on Bara Magna. The Earth Tribe is extremely tied to nature, and they justified their neutrality in the Core War by claiming that they feared the conflict's effects on the planet. While the Earth Tribe generally feels regret for the harm they did to Spherus Magna in indirectly causing the Shattering, they do not regret starting the Core War.
Prior to the Shattering, the Earth Tribe had enough influence to sway the other tribes into war. However, when the other tribes realized the Earth Tribe's treachery, the Earth Tribe was outcast from Spherus Magna's society.
- In 2009, Lego Shop@Home erroneously identified the Zesk and Vorox as members of the Earth Tribe.
- Tera, a Glatorian con artist of the Earth Tribe trapped in the Valley of the Maze for thousands of years, was a character in the planned fifth BIONICLE movie. Since this movie was never made, Tera never became an official character, nor was the name approved by the legal team.
- Initially, the term "Earth Tribe" was a placeholder name for the Iron Tribe. Later on, BZPower and BS01 member Angel Bob, known as "Pointless Questions" on the LEGO Message Boards, suggested the existence of the Earth Tribe as its own tribe to Greg Farshtey, who accepted it into official canon and then began releasing details about it.
|Active||| | | | | | | ||
|Active||( ) ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets