These powers are facets of Elemental Powers that sometimes can be used on their own.
- Heat - Allows the user to create, control, and absorb heat; a Fire-based power
- Vacuum - Allows the user to create and control vacuums; an Air-based power
- Telepathy - Allows the user to read the minds of others or to project their own thoughts; a Psionics-based power
- Telekinesis - Allows the user to move objects with thought; a Psionics-based power
Abilities are a specific manifestation of powers, wherein users take a naturally occurring trait and use it to perform a power.
- Nova Blast - Allows the user to release all of their Elemental Power at once in a massive, extremely destructive blast. Possessed by Toa.
- Shadow Hand - Allows the user to release a hand of pure Shadow capable of grabbing and absorbing objects or other beings. Possessed only by the Makuta.
- Fusions - Allows the user to combine their mind and bodies with other beings. The fusion may be either formed willingly or forcibly by the beings involved.
- Rhotuka - Allows the user to form wheels of energy that exhibit various powers; these powers vary depending on either the personality of the user in sentient beings or general species in most non-sentient Rahi.
- Shapeshifting - Allows the user to change their appearance to another form with the same mass. Also often allows mimicry of voices.
- Teleportation - Allows the user to teleport himself or herself to a location, possibly allowing others to be teleported as well.
- Kraata - Manifestations of the forty-two powers Makuta possess from Fire Resistance to Sleep
- Krana - Controlling organisms of Bohrok, different varieties grant Bohrok different powers from flight to telepathy
- Krana-Kal - Intelligences of Bohrok-Kal, powers range from Radar to Tracking
- Kanoka - Disks made by Matoran containing different powers depending on their makes
- Kanohi - Masks worn by mainly Toa, Turaga, Matoran, and Makuta. They have a range of powers from Shielding to Charisma