Hello, Angel Bob, and welcome to the BS01 Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. We hope you like the place and decide to stay. As you can see, the BS01 Wiki is a place where you can type out all of the things you know about BIONICLE. If you don't know how to fully use the features of this Wiki, these will be some great links to look through:
We hope you enjoy editing and contributing to the biggest BIONICLE encyclopedia! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Try to remember, the Wiki Staff monitor the articles, and articles are edited constantly, so if any of your edits are reverted, or another edit is placed, don't worry about it. If you need help, just ask the existing members and someone will show up shortly to answer your questions.
Also, in order to improve this Wiki, your feedback is very much appreciated. To provide feedback, please place it on the Member Opinion Hub. If you have any questions regarding the Wiki in general, they can be placed on the Help Desk. If you have any criticisms to make regarding the BS01 Wiki staff, they can be placed onto the Complaint Center.
(After you have read and understood everything above and the notices below, feel free to remove this template.)
Looking for a project? Check out BIONICLEsector01: Maintenance. It lists many pages that need content, rewrites, etc. Check out what needs to be done and help make the BS01 Wiki perfect!
Please do not upload any of your personal images to the Wiki. Instead, use an image hosting site like Flickr for all of your image hosting needs.
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Poison
- 3 Primary Elemental Power
- 4 AfC
- 5 Question from Intel
- 6 legends books
- 7 Matoran Elements Pages
- 8 Toa Hagah Masks
- 9 Channeling Psionics
- 10 Ref
- 11 Linking to Category Pages
- 12 "By Dorek"
- 13 Question About the Appearance Section
- 14 The Kingdom
- 15 Quotesnthings
- 16 It
- 17 NC
- 18 Bionicle: ANP
- 19 "Masters"
- 20 Question re: editorializing
- 21 End of the Brotherhood
- 22 Your Work
- 23 Canonizations
- 24 your short stories
- 25 Bo-Matoran were always supposed to be male
- 26 Scarabax gallery
- 27 Page Deletions
- 28 8759
- 29 Canon Accomplishments
Hey, I'm old and haven't been here for a while. You can't blame my memory for leaving me to dry. :P
Primary Elemental Power
You'd be right, Plasma isn't one of them. The Primary Elemental Powers are Ice, Water, Fire, Earth, Stone, and Air. The other MU elements are secondary because they are less common. And when we talk about Primary and Secondary, it is in the context of the MU. After all, on SM Air is replaced with Jungle and Earth with Sand. ζω·τωμανα•
- It's been a while, but I still think it should be on there. We have Conflict Between Brutaka and Teridax, after all. I never made a sandbox, though. --Angel Bob (talk) 14:03, 9 April 2014 (CEST)
Question from Intel
Hey there, quick question for ya... on the great beings' page, you edited out several appearances saying that "flashbacks don't count"... why not? also, would it be acceptable if we had something like (flashback) as we do for (mentioned only)? i'm thinking along the lines of flashbacks being somewhat important considering we don't have many legit appearances by them. thanks! Intelligence4 (talk) 02:08, 12 April 2014 (CEST)
Me again... in response to your last message on my wall, i enjoyed reading about the Makuta of Stelt... it was really cool to see these characterizations of makuta we don't know to much about. i don't have a BZP account though.
i'm currently enthralled with disassembly line... i'm a huge fan of the makuta, they're so fun to hate. (if they were good guys, they'd be my favorite character without a doubt, except for the fact that they're so detached from the world, unlike the toa, who are more involved). reading this fanon has warmed me up a bit to the element of psionics too, which i really didn't like as an element before. one thing that did keep bugging me though was how it seemed like tobduk has fire powers... may i suggest that instead of fire, he channels his power like axxon? also that he didn't see through the psionics illusions a few times, b/c he has a shielded mind. (like with the wall). keep up the good work!
and i would also like to say that the way you turned medusa's stoney gaze into a bionicle thing without breaking any rules was brilliantly done as well. Intelligence4 (talk) 02:45, 20 April 2014 (CEST)
Hey! Saw in an edit summary that you wanted to read more of the legends books... If u go to intelligence4.tumblr.com I reblogged someone who took pics of all of them, and they're very readable. Intelligence4 (talk) 04:45, 4 May 2014 (CEST)
Matoran Elements Pages
- It's somewhere in the LMB thread. I'll get someone on BZP with no life to look through the 300+ pages and find it. :P --Angel Bob (talk) 00:14, 1 July 2014 (CEST)
- Huh. I could have sworn... Well, if it were really worth it, I'd look through the thread more thoroughly... but ain't nobody got time for that. I'll just let the "word of God" editors have this one. Goodness knows that if a fan writer wants a female Ta-Matoran, canon isn't going to stop them, and more power to 'em in that case. --Angel Bob (talk) 00:15, 2 July 2014 (CEST)
Toa Hagah Masks
I think what Greg meant there is that they had the same masks as they do now before they became Toa Hagah, but they didn't have those masks as Matoran. That would make sense since Norik's Pehkui is explained to be in the shape of a Kiril to honor another Toa who wears a Kiril. --Vartemp 02:56, 26 July 2014 (CEST)
I thought a Skakdi of Psionics couldn't channel their power through a weapon, since Toa of Psionics can't do that. Might be something worth asking Greg. --Vartemp 01:21, 30 July 2014 (CEST)
- Yeah, we could always ask. I thought Ce-Toa could channel their powers through Toa Tools like anyone else; not sure why that wouldn't be the case, really. Anyway, someone else will have to ask it for me (Fippe?), since I can't log on to the LMB with my current browser. --Angel Bob (talk) 04:01, 30 July 2014 (CEST)
- From what I understand, you put <ref>[http://linkylink.com Name of Place To Which Your Link Leads], day. month year</ref> directly after the bit of information you're adding from the reference. Then, in the References section at the bottom of the page (make one if the page doesn't already have one), you write <references/>. --Angel Bob (talk) 20:52, 4 August 2014 (CEST)
- Sure thing, though Dorek and I are still working out some of the details. --Angel Bob (talk) 23:26, 26 August 2014 (CEST)
Linking to Category Pages
It's just like linking to pictures. Use
For reference, it's basically how we distinguish fan-stories from the regular works, and is present on a lot of other pages. I don't particularly care for the system, myself, but I would like some method of identifying that it's from a "special" area of the canon. Maybe quotes around the title? -- I AM THE DOREK do not truffle with me 19:53, 19 October 2014 (CEST)
- Quotes sound like a good way to make the distinction. I'm going to start using that system, if that's alright. --Angel Bob (talk) 20:18, 19 October 2014 (CEST)
Question About the Appearance Section
- We have no official policy. However, I've been deleting it from pages I edit. Why? Because, under Dorek's new system, appearances across various types of media are listed in order of real-world publication -- making our "First Appearance" tag redundant and obsolete. (Another reason may be that I never liked it anyway.) Anyway, so, including First Appearance tags isn't necessarily a mistake, but it's not what I've been doing. If you want to know for sure which one to do, I'd say invite Dorek to this conversation. --Angel Bob (talk) 23:11, 27 October 2014 (CET)
- I'm not particularly partial one way or the other. Since the story appearances vary by section, it could be something useful to note, but again, it boils down to preference.
- (if I had my polling extension...) -- I AM THE DOREK do not truffle with me 00:31, 28 October 2014 (CET)
What if the reason Matoro never puts on the mask is because he never hears the mysterious voice that we don't know the identity of because it's actually GBVelika that's the voice communicating with him because GBVelika isn't in that universe.
- Oh my god, it makes so much sense it hurts --Angel Bob (talk) 21:18, 22 November 2014 (CET)
While I do agree that the older quote wins, don't forget to check and see if there's any follow-up; sometimes Greg just straight up changes his mind, because he can =P.
- Will do! I personally find the idea of Vortixx using Kanohi to be patently ridiculous, but I'm just going with the program here. Question: if I find a later entry in the Farshtey Feed that says Vortixx can't use Kanohi, but with no indication that Greg directly changed his mind, what do I do then? --Angel Bob (talk) 20:29, 10 December 2014 (CET)
- "Master" is also a supposedly male title, but no one's assuming Gali's a guy now. :P The thing is, gendered titles just don't have great weight or meaning in our society anymore, so you can't read into it that far. (Personally, I doubt the LOSS has enough intelligence to even have a sense of gender, but we'll just have to wait and see.) --Angel Bob (talk) 00:15, 25 December 2014 (CET)
Actually, I'd probably argue the opposite of what it was originally. Get The Mask includes a lot of stylism but ultimately doesn't deviate from the story in terms of what little "plot" there is; the Protectors guide the Toa (in the Quest for the Mask comic that totally acts as a prequel) to the golden mask, the Toa get the golden mask, and some Skull Spiders get beaten up along the way.
The box comics, on the other hand, show that same scenario but then include the combiner aspect, which as far as we can tell doesn't actually happen in the "story" story.
You're right in that the definition of "canon" is going to be a lot looser, and that's fine; I've been making the argument as such on BZP lately. But the animations are what give us the best sense of the sequentialism, and if something that happens there that doesn't happen elsewhere (or vice versa) that will likely take precedent. -- Dorek Talk 22:10, 28 January 2015 (CET)
- Makes sense to me. I like the idea of including Get The Mask, because it depicts stages in the Toa's journeys that weren't shown in the animations (even if the artistic license is a little overboard). Personally, I don't see why the box comics can't be reconciled with the animations, but I'm not going to argue the point; I'll let you make that call. --Angel Bob (talk) 01:02, 29 January 2015 (CET)
Hey there, I've been given permission by Swert and Dorek to post my project in the external links of the books pages, thanks!
I actually see it as the other way around, funny enough. The insistence that it HAS to be Toa is, to me, some holdover Gen 1 nostalgia. They could have very easily just made the set names the Toa's names and that's it, but they didn't for a reason.
But, regardless, it's very very much something where we're going to have to agree to disagree. It changes very little about the organization, term usage, etc. to be one way or the other anyway, which is why it rubs me the wrong way when Aanch is occasionally pedantic about it. I'm not disagreeing out of principle, I very much think that it makes more sense. -- Dorek Talk 05:17, 21 March 2015 (CET)
Question re: editorializing
I noticed that you removed a little trivia tidbit that I added to the Onewa article, and your comment requested that I refrain from editorializing. What do you mean? I will note that the tidbit came from BIONICLE Adventures 2 (chapter 4, if I recall correctly). -Jetslandingboard (talk) 01:10, 28 May 2015 (CEST)
- We frown on using opinionated words like "strangely" or "surprisingly". The information itself isn't bad, although I'm not sure that it's very important. If you'd like to see it on the page, I'd suggest adding it in Abilities and Traits, something like: "Onewa wears the Kanohi Komau, the Great Mask of Mind Control. Although he did not initially know what his mask power was..."' --Angel Bob (talk) 17:14, 28 May 2015 (CEST)
End of the Brotherhood
So I read your fanfic a while back and I just randomly thought about it the other day. I don't know if I ever told you, but I really enjoyed it. The coolest part is that it actually fits in with canon. What I mean is, it could've happened, but the energy storms would've obliterated any evidence that it did happen. I thought the characters were faithful to canon and very believable. It was a good read. -- Great Jala Cthulhu fhtagn 22:03, 2 March 2016 (CET)
- I'll have to check out some of your other fics, then! I like what you did with Shadow Stealer in this one. I did always kinda feel for him. I started a fanfic involving him a while back. I don't know if I'll ever finish it, or where I'll put it if I do. But during the "B-story," Shadow Stealer looks for redemption and returns to a ruined Odina (after the DHs moved to Xia) and frees Varian. -- Toa Jala Order a Sig! 07:46, 30 March 2016 (CEST)
Hey Angel Bob, I am a big fan of your work both on the Wiki and over on BZPower, particularly your stories about Tobduk, Kraata-Kal, and the Makuta of Stelt. You may have seen my comments on them, but if not I want to express again my conviction that they are perhaps the best Bionicle fanfiction I have ever seen and I would have no objections to them being added to the G1 canon. I myself am contemplating adding a story to the Epics section of the site, and was wondering if you would mind if I acknowledged your storylines in my work? In particular the idea of Shadow Stealer's character and Tobduk vanishing after going after Chirox, though I may not stop there if you're agreeable. --Wiriamu (talk) 05:13, 12 March 2016 (CET)
- The primary color of Plasma was suggested by BZPower member and BIONICLEsector01 member Angel Bob, and approved as canon by Greg Farshtey
I'd need to have a source, though, and I was wondering if you'd be able to provide links to the appropriate discussions. Congrats on all those canonizations, though. Really, nice job! -- Toa Jala Converse 20:08, 29 April 2016 (CET)
- I found the feed that confirms the existence of the Earth Tribe (it was already on the page >_<), but I can't find a feed that confirms that it was your creation. It's not that I don't believe you, please understand. It's just that I'd kinda need to have that conversation in order to add you. Or was this you?-- Toa Jala Converse 07:22, 7 May 2016 (CET)
your short stories
Bo-Matoran were always supposed to be male
Regarding one of your questions on CwGF, the one about the Toa of the Green, I'd like to tell you that the typo thing was just a misconception. Look at this answer from Greg (Sep 12 2006, 07:35 PM in the Official Greg Discussion):
Q) I read in the OGD topic that someone asked you if the Toa of the Green in that Toa fortress was real and if it was female and you answered yes. Yet in the book, Hakaan and Vezok refer to it as 'he'. Wich is it anyways? A) Book always takes precedence. Unfortunately, the person who first asked me about the Toa's gender had indicated no gender was given in the book, so my answer was inaccurate.
I'm telling you because if Greg answers yes to your question, it's gonna go against canon and cause confusion. And before you argue that it was never confirmed that they were all male (Jul 9 2007, 03:18 PM in the Official Greg Discussion):
Q) Are all Toa of Plantlife male? A) Yes
--OnionShark 23:26, 25 January 2017 (CET)
- Noted. I really wish Greg would keep a better handle on the information he writes. Surely you've got better things to do than run around fact-checking him. --Angel Bob (talk) 00:37, 26 January 2017 (CET)
- Yes, but in this case it was necessary to avoid confusion, and you make it sound like it's a long, time-wasting thing, when it really isn't. Besides what's wrong with fact-checking? If anything, it avoids confusion. --OnionShark 20:54, 26 January 2017 (CET)
(butting in here...) I agree: some of greg's answers tend to contradict existing canon. while we can usually catch any conflicts, (as onion did here) if the board wasn't already shutting down i'd start to wonder how much weight we should attach to his answers on stuff that hasn't been brought up in so many years. Intelligence4 (talk) 19:17, 30 January 2017 (CET)
Now that this wiki recognizes the existence of the Earth Tribe again, shouldn't you add it back to your list of canon accomplishments? ~OnionShark 13:17, 6 May 2017 (CET)
- I'm not 100% responsible for proposing its existence, though. Some other member asked a question about Tera from BIONICLE #5, and Greg's answer was worded such that it implied the Earth Tribe was legit (a break from his previous statement in 2009). I only asked for clarification, then a bunch of follow-up questions. I might return it to my list, but only as "clarified details about the Earth Tribe" (then came to dislike it, led the push to delete it, which in turn forced Greg to come up with a story for it that's actually pretty cool - lol my bad). --Angel Bob (talk) 17:32, 6 May 2017 (CET)