Art Book Contest
- Yes please! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can message us on Facebook if that's easier: https://www.facebook.com/BIONICLEsector01
-- Talk 13:55, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Question: is there a way we could implement an age verification feature for users so that greg could use this site to interact with us? he's stated on the LMBs that LEGO's social media policy prohibits interacting with minors online, but i don't think an age verification feature would be very difficult - right? also, isn't bs01 a lego partner site or something? Intelligence4 (talk) 00:14, 5 February 2017 (CET)
- another thought on that, i guess we wouldn't want a ton of new users signing up on here just to talk to greg, and then potentially mucking up the wiki if they don't know the rules, etc. so another idea i had is we could set up a dedicated page for it or something - maybe on greg's theoretical talk page or something, idk. Intelligence4 (talk) 00:18, 5 February 2017 (CET)
- It's been discussed before, and it's not in LEGO's purview to allow. -- Talk 06:01, 6 February 2017 (CET)
- We could implement a 13-only rule, but LEGO still wouldn't allow it. It's more complicated than just the age thing, and we don't want to create an age barrier for no reason. -- Talk 21:37, 18 February 2017 (CET)
- But why wouldn't Lego allow it? ~OnionShark 11:03, 19 February 2017 (CET)
- Part of it is the legality of having adults talk to children, and the inherent liabilities. Other things are probably just related to corporate policy. -- Talk 01:04, 20 February 2017 (CET)
" Can we make/create the Template:GregCitation without 6 or 8 votes on the AfC? It seems pretty necessary as the Book/Comic/Media/Online Citations were. -- Surel—Nuva (Talk) 15:24, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- I suppose we could make it, but if we do we'll likely overhaul it later. Hopefully in the future we'll have a searchable Greg quote database where you can link to quotes directly. I'll have to figure out how to best do that though. In the meantime, maybe ask Dorek? -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 19:04, 26 February 2017 (CET) "
- If you wanna make a database of all the GregF quotes, then we'll have plenty of time to keep using GregCitation. I mean, I made an estimation and there seem to be 60,200~ posts in the OGTs, and that's not counting the two Ask Greg and CwGF. And really, why go through making such a long database when someone can simply copy&paste the date of a quote on the search bar for the OGTs transcripts and find the quote immediately? ~OnionShark 23:00, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- I'm okay with both of these things. As long as the abbreviations don't get too conflicting and/or nonsensical, it's cool. -- Talk 05:07, 28 February 2017 (CET)
- So, can we make an exception to the 6/8 votes rule like SN proposed? ~OnionShark 12:50, 28 February 2017 (CET)
Is fine. -- Talk 23:31, 28 February 2017 (CET)
hi my name is mata nui avunaka i'm a administrator of BIONICLE WIKI and i would like to ask to you and Biosector01 if you would agree to make an alliance with our wiki, you see we are the only and the most complete wiki in spanish and we want a real integration between wikis no matter the distance so would you like to make an alliance with our wiki? here's the main page http://es.bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Portada of our wiki --Mata nui avunaka (talk) 15:18, 6 March 2017 (CET)
Maze of Shadows
I think the Maze of Shadows (game) should be under the semi-canon category instead of the non-canon one. We know that the Toa Metru encountered mutated Rahi, Rahkshi, and Bohrok in the maze, like in the story-mode of the game. If the worm-controlled Bohrok wouldn't be canon, the "Protection" would never have been witten. -- Surel—Nuva (Talk) 12:13, 8 March 2017 (CET)
- I'm not too familiar with the game, but that seems reasonable. I'd recommend checking with Dorek to be sure though. Also, IDK if you're doing this already, but just in case: if a character appears in a piece of semi-canon media and we know that their appearance is entirely non-canon, I think we're better off labeling the appearance NC than SC. Likewise, if the character's appearance is entirely canon, no need to label it SC. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 05:06, 9 March 2017 (CET)
Semi-canon sounds fine. -- Talk 23:33, 13 March 2017 (CET)
Concerning The Rahi Page
Hello Dorek, I am a newcomer so I apologize if I shouldn't bring this here instead of the Rahi talk page. Or do these edits myself but I am afraid to screw up or indirectly break policies. But there are things I want to bring attention to, remind and maybe get an answer.
Second, I think since Sonic Entity is a Rahi in origin, it should go to that said list. I am sure you with other admins discussed where it along with Avohkah, Kratana, Fire Entity and Vatuka should be placed or categorized.
Three, MNOG citation should be removed from Electric Bug. We can't be certain it's the same as Lightning Bug.
And four, do Acid Flies have visual representation in BIONICLE Heroes? Or they were just mentioned in the game?
Once again I apologize if I shouldn't bring this to you, thank you!
- The Manutri, the Fire Entity and the Avohkah have been added. With the bugs, you're right. The Sonic entity was created by the Lohrak hordika, but wasn't a rahi. The Vatuka and the Kratana are not Rahi on the same way as the Krana and the Kraata are not Rahi. In the BIONICLE Heroes, the blue bionicle-piece rahi, (basically, Toa Metru lower torso with 2 technic connectors) are the acid flies. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 18:04, 21 March 2017 (CET)
- Thank you User:Surel-nuva for editing the Rahi page and giving me the welcome box on my user talk! However with all respect, if Sonic Entity despite being rahi in origin doesn't fit the criteria to be on the list so should Minion. Please do correct me if I am wrong, I didn't read the novels that feature these characters. I understand it's not easy to categorize these "outcasts" along the ones I mentioned, especially since definition of what makes rahi a rahi is not fully clear. --BionicleMax (talk) 06:56, 22 March 2017 (CET)
- The Real difference between Minion and the Sonic entity: Minion was created in a Rahi experiment (He was to be a Rahi, just became more intelligent than the average, and escaped) by a Makuta, and the Sonic Enity was created by a Rahi. If you had created the sonic entity it wouldn't have been a human, just a thing created by a Human. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 08:57, 22 March 2017 (CET)
How do people become managers/admins/etc on this wiki? also, who oversees stuff like site maintenance and paying for web hosting fees and whatnot? (and who owns the site?) Intelligence4 (talk) 19:43, 22 March 2017 (CET)
- so does he pay for all the hosting fees by himself? was he always the owner, or did someone else create the site? Intelligence4 (talk) 20:02, 22 March 2017 (CET)
Affiliation or Partnership
hi my name is mata nui avunaka, i'm an administrator of BIONICLE WIKI and i would like to ask to you and Biosector01 if you would agree to make an affiliation or partnership with our wiki, you see we are the only and the most complete in spanish that has BIONICLE information and we want a real integration between wikis no matter the distance, so would you like to make an affiliation or partnership with our wiki? here's the main page http://es.bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Portada of our wiki --Mata nui avunaka (talk) 15:54, 27 March 2017 (CET)
Hi there, Dorek.
Recently I've had a lot of renewed interest in the Hero Factory line and I'm casting my memory back to the days of old, when HeroSector01 was still operational. After trying to find a record of it through web archives I'm turning up a blank, though I did find a record of Meiko promising its return in 2015 once the server bank issues were fixed on a BZP post.
Obviously there are wider complexities that I'm not considering, but now that G2 has comfortably finished I'm just wondering how likely it is we'll see HeroSector01 return?
Account Creation Trouble
Hey, sorry to bother you, but a prospective member of this Wiki has been having trouble creating a Wiki account for some reason. She's very enthusiastic about contributing, but since she can't send messages without an account she asked me to relay this to you:
I tried joining BS01 tonight and it informed me I didn't have permission to do so. What's going on with that, and how can I get permission? If it helps, I tried making a mediawiki account and it told me I already have an account. But, when I tried to use the "recover lost password" function on BS01, it told me that there was no ZippyWharrgarbl in the site. Is there somewhere specifically that I need to go to?
Thank you in advance, ZippyWharrgarbl
P.S. I loved your story _Decadence_, by the way. It's one of my favourites."
Thank you for your help,
- We disabled account creation for a little bit because a vandal abused multiple accounts a few days ago. I've sent a message to the other staff asking if we can reopen it. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 17:45, 19 July 2017 (CET)
Hello, Dorek, and welcome to the BS01 Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. We hope you like the place and decide to stay. As you can see, the BS01 Wiki is a place where you can type out all of the things you know about BIONICLE. If you don't know how to fully use the features of this Wiki, these will be some great links to look through:
We hope you enjoy editing and contributing to the biggest BIONICLE encyclopedia! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Try to remember, the Wiki Staff monitor the articles, and articles are edited constantly, so if any of your edits are reverted, or another edit is placed, don't worry about it. If you need help, just ask the existing members and someone will show up shortly to answer your questions.
Also, in order to improve this Wiki, your feedback is very much appreciated. To provide feedback, please place it on the Member Opinion Hub. If you have any questions regarding the Wiki in general, they can be placed on the Help Desk. If you have any criticisms to make regarding the BS01 Wiki staff, they can be placed onto the Complaint Center.
(After you have read and understood everything above and the notices below, feel free to remove this template.)
Looking for a project? Check out BIONICLEsector01: Maintenance. It lists many pages that need content, rewrites, etc. Check out what needs to be done and help make the BS01 Wiki perfect!
Please do not upload any of your personal images to the Wiki. Instead, use an image hosting site like Flickr for all of your image hosting needs.
Little help, please
Could you delete this page, please? I'm a bit tired and didn't notice that one of Jaller's Aquatic Power Blade's other names is Aquatic Fire Blade, not just Fire Blade. Thanks for your help! — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 22:24, 30 August 2017 (CET)
If Greg was writing about the prototype, and all the other media depicts Jaller having 1 Sword, doesn't it mean that Jaller had only one sword, and that lone book is inaccurate? — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 22:57, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- You'd think so, right? If somebody can dig up the quote(s) maybe we can parse out any inconsistencies. The biggest thing is that it's the most RECENT story source that it appeared in, which gives it some weight. -- Talk 23:01, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- Both the BEU and the Makuta's Guide is more recent than the Prisoners of the Pit. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 23:18, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- But Greg had 2 answers what I found in the OGT:
"4.-Why in the Zyglak battle at the beggining Jaller is said to carry two swords?"
"4) Cause I wanted him to"
— toa thirdview & Greg
" 2)Jaller Inika had two swords in BL7, where did he find the other one?"'
2) Always had it, just didn't in the set"
— Wolven & Greg
- Still, it's confusing that the newer sources still mention only 1 sword... — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 23:18, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- Both the BEU and the Makuta's Guide is more recent than the Prisoners of the Pit. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 23:18, 30 August 2017 (CET)
I don't necessarily expect guidebooks to fully match up in regards to those particular details (since most of them are just copy-pasted or reformatted from older descriptions), so I'm not as surprised.
These quotes make it sound less like it was based on a prototype, but it's pretty definitive anyway. Two swords, natch. -- Talk 23:30, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- i think we can collectively acknowledge that jaller only had one sword. in literally all the visual media, and the sets (which are a hugely authoritative bit of canon) he only has one, and in all the written media, with the exception of that one book, he has only one sword. i think given that single contradiction, we can safely assume that was an error of sorts. (for some reason i remember that being because when greg wrote the manuscript they hadn't nailed down the set designs yet, so he was working off a prototype. do any of the other mahri have any inconsistencies in that book?) Intelligence4 (talk) 02:18, 5 September 2017 (CET)
- At that point it's sort of outside the scope of the wiki; even if it's his original design, it's still functionally a fanmade adaptation. I'd say no, personally, but I can bring it up with the others. -- Talk 02:09, 5 September 2017 (CET)
For some reason the 07 banner I uploaded for the building instructions gallery is not displaying, neither on that page, or even in the actual file page. I don't know what happened or if it can be fixed, but if not, it's easy for me to re-upload so I just need it deleted.--Harsulin's Ghost (talk) 18:49, 4 September 2017 (CET)
- Here's the exact file ... and for some reason it's displaying right here?--Harsulin's Ghost (talk) 19:02, 4 September 2017 (CET)
- Glad I could help.
- (I didn't do anything) -- Talk 02:08, 5 September 2017 (CET)
- randomly jumping in here, but do we have the building instructions featured somewhere? or a database/page listing all the instruction somewhere? i haven't seen anything yet, aside from various pages linking to their own instructions. (and btw, that's a really nice looking banner for 2007. did one of you guys make that, or was that a preexisting image from somewhere?) Intelligence4 (talk) 02:15, 5 September 2017 (CET)
I don't think we have a collected page/portal for them all. What would that be, a category page? Sounds good to me once we figure out what type of page it is/what to call it. -- Talk 02:41, 5 September 2017 (CET)
- what if we literally just had a regular page on the wiki called instructions, and it listed all the instructions we have hosted locally? if i wanted to find instructions for a set for whatever reason, the first thing i'd do is google it, and then i'd either find the stuff on lego.com, or something here called "instructions", and from there i'd be able to look for the set i want.Intelligence4 (talk) 03:03, 5 September 2017 (CET)
- edit: i'm a dummy, we already have a page that basically does this; didn't realize we have a gallery page already... carry on. Intelligence4 (talk) 03:05, 5 September 2017 (CET)
@ Intelligence4 I'm flattered to hear you like the 07 banner. I'm only a novice at photo editing, but I designed it myself, using a collection of images I found on BS01. --Harsulin's Ghost (talk) 22:37, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- i thought i hadn't seen that anywhere else. nice! Intelligence4 (talk) 23:21, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
I wonder why we don't use the reference/citation format what I used in the video names, and on the Aquatic Power Blade instead of the reference list. Sometimes it's bug me when I see the long list of references on the pages. Also, we have most of the sets' instructions on our wiki, so why don't we use them instead of the external ones from the LEGO.com? — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 15:43, 27 August 2017 (CET)
I think before making any more changes, we should have a discussion, maybe on the main page talk, about where to go from here in terms of citations. Some people have spoken out in favor of exclusively inline citations, while others have said they want all citations to point to a References section. Best to talk it out, preferably with Dorek and Swert weighing in. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 09:22, 9 September 2017 (CET)
- Book citations are fine but anything that's OGD or non-story web-based should be in references. -- Talk 04:47, 16 September 2017 (CET)
- i think having a references section would be good, but i also really like the idea of having in-line references. being able to hover over a reference and see what it is without having to actually click away from what i'm reading is a good thing that shouldn't be taken away haha Intelligence4 (talk) 08:21, 16 September 2017 (CET)
Shadow Spawn Instruction
- Hrm... I'm mildly hesitant because they're "unofficial" instructions, and I don't find it likely Flickr is going down any time soon.
- So if you want to put them into a PDF and upload them I don't mind, but maybe leave the link as it is for the time being. -- Talk 07:29, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
Little help on HS01
So, I tried to update the site with the infoboxes at first, And there were no problem with them, but I met with the HeroInfo Template, what I want to replace with an updated Hero Template. But the latest version fot he Hero Template does this. I only wanted to make subtabs for the 1.0, the 3.0 and the Brain Attack tabs, what I managed to do - or I hope so - but the infobox doesn't look like Hahli's or Jaller's, as you can see. What did I miss in the template? The other templates what I updated are working nicely, except that they don't wanna use the "infoLight" or "infoDark" classes, except that, they're working well. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 20:19, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I'm probably not going to have time to work on this for a while. Either way, the code that makes infobox tabs work is outdated on HS01, but I can't update it since I'm not a staff member there, so it's best not to change HS01's infoboxes yet. I'd recommend bringing up redesign ideas with Dorek. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 06:31, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
- I wouldn't really know how to handle the coding aspect for updating anything. I can make Morris staff on HS01, if that helps anything. -- Talk 02:08, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
what do you think you're doing
you betrayed the law --- Creep 05:19, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
at least change the hypen for a / or something, that hypen is eff ugly. --Creep 05:20, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah I'm with Creep here, the hyphen is hideous. We came to this conclusion in the AfC and everything. --Angel Bob (talk) 18:07, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
It was two against one in the talkpage :U
I'll look into it. I'd rather Hydraxon (Duplicate) over slash though. -- Talk 07:45, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- Slashes are out since they're supposed to be configured for subpages (which, as Morris points out, means we need to have a discussion about Chutespeak/Treespeak).
- So that leaves what it is now or Hydraxon (Duplicate). I prefer dash, but that's me. -- Talk 23:52, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- Hydraxon (Duplicate).
Or move the real Hydraxon to Original Hydraxon and keep the current one as Hydraxon. --Creep 04:13, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
I've been a little out of the loop, but dekar-hydraxon isn't that bad. we shouldn't take "dekar" out of the title, otherwise people won't be able to find his page when looking for information on the matoran. Intelligence4 (talk) 22:53, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
The Fate of Skull Slicer
I would say Skull Slicer is deceased again because he was crushed by the rubble and he could never have escaped that collapsing arena and come out unscathed. It’s impossible.
- Comic book logic. No body no death!
- Even though he was never quite properly alive to begin with (as a Skull Creature, anyway) so I think Unknown covers a lot of bases. -- Talk 02:57, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
- I'd also like to add, either Ryder Windham or Martin P. Mann, don't recall who, in their interview told about a scene where Skull Slicer would be flushed out into the chasm, however this was cut, presumably to save time. Though it's not canon, it suggests there was no intent for the collapse of the arena to have killed him. ~ Wolk (talk) 10:16, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
- I vaguely remember that. Might be a good thing to cite as a trivia point. -- Talk 02:33, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
If you want, I can put the white backgrounds on the 2016 pics. Just tell me what size you want them and at most 3 days, and i'll have that handled. Thanks for your time --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 11:33, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- If you could keep their original size and just upload it to the same place, that would be fantastic. They're transparent, so it shouldn't be too hard, it's just too much for my little brain at the moment. -- Talk 19:46, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- sure thing! --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 19:00, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
- Looks good to me. -- Talk 20:01, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
First some background. Sevral months ago i was asking Swert about why the podcast Mp3's hadn't been uploaded yet (you can find this on the AFC). He then gave me the MP3's of episodes 1-10. but the actual podcast page doesn't have them yet. so i would like permission to (1) edit that page, and (2) upload the MP3's, since I have good upload speeds and few people on my internet.
Thanks for your time,
--"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 18:42, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
- Uh, I have no idea how we handle MP3's here. Usually we direct link to something, I don't think we upload? -- Talk 03:38, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- maybe? Swert said that he was uploading, and where else could it be put? That when you upload an image to be uloaded mp3 is a file option. --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 13:26, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- I have no idea, not usually something I muck around with. If Swert said go for it, go for it. -- Talk 14:58, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- He didn't say to do it, he only said that was what he was tryng to do, and why it hadn't happened. The whole conversation is on the AFC under makutafest archives. --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 15:44, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- Swert says "go for it". -- Talk 00:51, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- Alright! will do! (thumbs up) --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 15:41, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hey, I've got a slight problem. I have uploaded all but episodes 7 and 10. I would change the links on the Podcast page, but it's protected so I can't alter it. Can I get permission to alter that page, or do you guys (the staff) want to handle it yourselves. Also Tell Swert that if he wants he can send me via E-mail the rest of the episodes. He has my E-mail through the BS01 account. (as does Spirit) Thanks. --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 19:15, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
Unprotected for the day, have at. -- Talk 19:16, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- alright, edited. Let me know if you guys want me to do the rest! --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 20:14, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
Something I just wanted to bring to your attention. Those podcasts I uploaded, well when I set up the page, I displayed them as a player, not an MP3 link. On some browsers, you can get the MP3 from that, but on some, you can't. I just was wondering what we should do? Can you link to a file page without causing it to plug in the image, MP3, MP4, and so on?
- Because I replaced it with File:7716.png but never updated the links =P -- Talk 17:56, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
If Slizers/Throwbots have a page, could the Roboriders also have one? They didn't had that many unique pieces, but their heads were used as various armor pieces for the bionicle franchise. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 03:30, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- Absolutely! You'll notice I left a redlink at the bottom of the Throwbots page. It's definitely something that can fit all on one page, but one page still. -- Talk 03:57, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
I've already uploaded this file as File:Jetrax T6 Set.PNG back in 2016. Could you check my uploads please? I've uploaded a lot of CGI images of the sets when I updated the Set pages back then. (I mentioned it on the file's talk page too, but I just want to be sure you'll notice it) — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 03:59, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- Aha, sorry, didn't see it in the gallery. I'll fix it. -- Talk 04:15, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- I've just checked. The same thing goes for the playsets. You can't find them in the galleries, because I only used them on the set pages, and didn't put most of them in the galleries. When you changed the pics to the "actual content" images, they were kinda lost :D You'd say I was kinda busy uploading CGI renders at the time. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 04:54, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- The math checks out! For the 07 playsets I'll probably keep them at their original locations since that's where they were cropped from... -- Talk 05:20, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- Perhaps it's intended to be updated to File:8748 Rhotuka.jpg? ~ Wolk (talk) 20:18, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- That was nominally the intention, although perhaps I will have Swert create something akin to the Krana images instead... -- Talk 03:18, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
Quest for Mata Nui
Hi Dorek, may I ask you whether or nor will we make a page for the new fan game, the Bionicle: Quest for Mata Nui? I'm kinda thorn about it, because it's looking great, and it's far more superior than any other bionicle video that the lego officially released, but it's still not an official lego publiciation of sorts.— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 16:36, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, I don't think we'll be making a page for it. I also think it looks super cool! But unlike Legend of Mata Nui, it's a wholly original fangame, and doesn't have any sort of LEGO endorsement (and realistically they could issue a takedown notice...). We're definitely keeping an eye on it though! -- Talk 17:00, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
Gallery:BIONICLE: Mask of Creation
I raised this topic on Articles for Deletion, but as it's been some time and the edit was buried, I'll just ask it here: Would you be opposed to my (or generally) moving the Gallery:BIONICLE: Mask of Creation gallery to the page itself and marking the gallery page for deletion? The gallery page has only seven images. BIONICLE: Mask of Control has six, and that gallery is located on the page.
- Yeah, that's fine. I'm not a huge fan of on-page galleries but it probably makes more sense if that's all we've got from it. -- Talk 05:28, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
- I think separate pages with on-page galleries will be fine for these guys. -- Talk 22:18, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
Legend of Lewa
Quick Question: I'm going through Gallery:Comics and attempting to upload new English versions of those comics (versions that were converted to jpgs from pdfs I got off of BMP) but I keep getting the alert "File extension ".jpg" does not match the detected MIME type of the file (image/png)." Wasn't sure what to do about this, so I figured I'd ask you.
Also, would you be opposed to my creating a page for Trouble for Tahu as per the Articles of Creation proposal? It's been in AoC for nearly a year, and nobody was opposed to adding the content, either as a separate page or on the same (renamed) page as Legend of Lewa.
- Oh right, I forgot about that. As for the file extensions, I ran into that issue earlier, not sure what the problem was. Try saving it as a PNG instead?
- Might as well create a page for Trouble for Tahu, I can always merge them later if that makes more sense. -- Talk 23:22, 31 May 2020 (UTC)
I've heard from different sources, that if a winner moc on the TTV contest uses custom/3d printed pieces, it cannot be used on our wiki or on any official lego wiki. Could you confirm that to me or is it just a gossip? How does it affect the contests? — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 12:23, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
- Complicated question! "Can't" is maybe a bit strong, but it does make me really uncomfortable to include non-LEGO parts/designs, especially ones with 3D designs that can be printed, so that's probably my paranoia you hear echoing. There are some safeguards being discussed, so it should end up okay. -- Talk 05:39, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
Inconsistency between Trinuma and the Mask of Charisma
I have noticed an inconsistency between the pages for the Mask of Charisma and Unnamed Species/Trinuma.
The former claims that Trinuma's horns are part of the mask, based on a Greg quote from 2008, while the latter claims that the horns are a part of Trinuma's species, based on a quote from 2014.
By Greg's own rules, the earlier quote takes precedence, so the horns are part of the mask, and Trinuma's species does not have horns.
I have edited the section on Unnamed Species for Trinuma's species, simply removing the claim that they have horns.
I realize now that I should have asked first, to see if there were any protocols that I needed to follow.
So I ask now: are there any protocols I need to follow, now that I have deleted that line and its associated source?
(The preceding unsigned comment was made by The Jerminator)
- You've done right, I actually forgot to edit the Unnamed species page, when I found the older Greg quote about the horns and the mask.(you can make your signiture with ~~~~ :) )— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 20:07, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
Them why not delete the Helryx model, when we could link that one too? Neither of them is how I imagined them, but if they are the inspirational models, they have rights to be here, otherwise, either of the G2 Makuta models could be removed, as they are only inspirational models too.— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 06:28, 10 October 2020 (UTC)
- I would also like to delete the Helryx model as well! I'm not inherently opposed to getting rid of the Makuta models on that basis as well but since those were provided direct from LEGO, I think it's a fair enough difference. -- Talk 20:00, 11 October 2020 (UTC)
- I'm confused and uncomfortable with this decision, too. I'm as lukewarm about the canon contests as the next person, but these edits just seem to be disobeying the agreements between fan sites due to one admin's personal preference. Not a good day for BS01's claim to objectivity. --Angel Bob (talk) 14:50, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- As always the particulars are more complex than what everybody sees, but I'll just emphasize that it was not a result of disagreement or dispute between the sites, it's a broader issue about the direction of the website (our website). More to come, I'm sure =) -- Talk 04:14, 16 October 2020 (UTC)
Hey Dorek, The page for Set 65021 should actually be 65025, some higher resolution photos surfaced and you can see the last number is actually a 5. Also do you know anything about the Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Whenua, Onewa, Vakama counterpart which is assumed to exist? I did some research a few years ago and found at least two more (maybe more I don't remember), Bionicle copacks from 2001 in Lego's database. One is set 65024, the 6 toa pack and I assume the other has to be the rock,earth,fire pack although I haven't found any pictures. Thanks, Whenua (talk) 23:10, 6 March 2021 (UTC)
- If they are in LEGO's database, then we can certainly follow up with that; I'm not seeing them myself, would you mind linking to them? -- Talk 03:10, 7 March 2021 (UTC)
Question for Lego
So I heard that Lego has been lenient on their copyright policy for retired themes such as Bionicle on the Biomedia Project archives. I’ve been digging into a lost Bionicle game, and unfortunately, I was only able to come up with so many assets on the Internet Archive. I’m thinking about contacting TokenZone’s Email address, for more info on how to remake it, but I won’t be too hopeful, due to the fact that TokenZone is inactive and it’s homepage is now just a static screen with their logo and a line of text, so they either ran out of business by going defunct, or their on some kind of hiatus. My second thought is to go contact some of the employees, but this seems doubtful as well, but I suppose it’s worth a try.
The game in question is Bionicle: Mask of Light on Walt Disney Pictures TokenZone (Disney TokenZone). Some things will have to be worked around with, including removing the multiplayer system that used to be connected to Disney.com, so users won’t have to sign up, and will have to loose the feature of being able to trade their virtual trading cards with other users.
Another thing that’ll have to be removed is a collapsible list of all of the other Disney TokenZone pages, due to copyright, as well as having to have it set up to remove the Disney.com account login/sign-up and to instead just have the player automatically signed into the game by default.
We can’t recreate the other Disney TokenZone games, due to copyright, as the other films are owned by Disney, however Bionicle: Mask of Light is rather owned by Lego, and was only distributed by Disney under Buena Vista.
The game has been lost for years, and I’d really like to start an effort to bring it back to fruition. Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to hearing back! - FirespitterVakama 10:26, 19 March 2021 (EST)
- I can double check with LEGO to see if they have any assets, but my guess is not; when I've asked around for other older things like that (not game assets, specifically, but just older documents and the like) they're generally not available since they're stored on an older system with limited access - and that's if this in particular was something they would have saved at all. So I'm sure they'd give their blessing (or at least not send a C&D lol) for a recreation, but it'd have to be using what we've got. -- Talk 02:00, 20 March 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply and answering my question! Yeah, the main thing I was wondering is if Lego wouldn’t take it down, and I was thinking about seeing if I can get ahold of contacting TokenZone rather than Lego for the assets, but I see where your coming from. But yeah, like you said, I also doubt that Lego themselves preserved the assets just for this game. - FirespitterVakama 10:17, 20 March 2021 (EST)
- Especially if some of the game is actually recreation, I'm sure it'd be fine, same reason BMP doesn't get hit with takedown notices lol. If you do hear back from TokenZone feel free to refer them to me for further questions as well if they have any concerns. -- Talk 17:55, 20 March 2021 (UTC)
- Alrighty, will do! Thank you for letting me know! - FirespitterVakama 08:30, 29 March 2021 (EST)