- 1 Art Book Contest
- 2 Greg
- 3 GregCitation
- 4 Alliance
- 5 Maze of Shadows
- 6 Concerning The Rahi Page
- 7 Quick question
- 8 Affiliation or Partnership
- 9 HeroSector01
- 10 Account Creation Trouble
- 11 Welcome
- 12 Little help, please
- 13 Flame Swords
- 14 Nikila
- 15 Upload problem
- 16 Citations-references
- 17 Shadow Spawn Instruction
- 18 Little help on HS01
- 19 what do you think you're doing
- 20 The Fate of Skull Slicer
Art Book Contest
- Yes please! email@example.com
- Or you can message us on Facebook if that's easier: https://www.facebook.com/BIONICLEsector01
Question: is there a way we could implement an age verification feature for users so that greg could use this site to interact with us? he's stated on the LMBs that LEGO's social media policy prohibits interacting with minors online, but i don't think an age verification feature would be very difficult - right? also, isn't bs01 a lego partner site or something? Intelligence4 (talk) 00:14, 5 February 2017 (CET)
- another thought on that, i guess we wouldn't want a ton of new users signing up on here just to talk to greg, and then potentially mucking up the wiki if they don't know the rules, etc. so another idea i had is we could set up a dedicated page for it or something - maybe on greg's theoretical talk page or something, idk. Intelligence4 (talk) 00:18, 5 February 2017 (CET)
- But why wouldn't Lego allow it? ~OnionShark 11:03, 19 February 2017 (CET)
- Part of it is the legality of having adults talk to children, and the inherent liabilities. Other things are probably just related to corporate policy. -- Dorek Talk 01:04, 20 February 2017 (CET)
" Can we make/create the Template:GregCitation without 6 or 8 votes on the AfC? It seems pretty necessary as the Book/Comic/Media/Online Citations were. -- Surel—Nuva (Talk) 15:24, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- I suppose we could make it, but if we do we'll likely overhaul it later. Hopefully in the future we'll have a searchable Greg quote database where you can link to quotes directly. I'll have to figure out how to best do that though. In the meantime, maybe ask Dorek? -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 19:04, 26 February 2017 (CET) "
- If you wanna make a database of all the GregF quotes, then we'll have plenty of time to keep using GregCitation. I mean, I made an estimation and there seem to be 60,200~ posts in the OGTs, and that's not counting the two Ask Greg and CwGF. And really, why go through making such a long database when someone can simply copy&paste the date of a quote on the search bar for the OGTs transcripts and find the quote immediately? ~OnionShark 23:00, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- So, can we make an exception to the 6/8 votes rule like SN proposed? ~OnionShark 12:50, 28 February 2017 (CET)
hi my name is mata nui avunaka i'm a administrator of BIONICLE WIKI and i would like to ask to you and Biosector01 if you would agree to make an alliance with our wiki, you see we are the only and the most complete wiki in spanish and we want a real integration between wikis no matter the distance so would you like to make an alliance with our wiki? here's the main page http://es.bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Portada of our wiki --Mata nui avunaka (talk) 15:18, 6 March 2017 (CET)
Maze of Shadows
I think the Maze of Shadows (game) should be under the semi-canon category instead of the non-canon one. We know that the Toa Metru encountered mutated Rahi, Rahkshi, and Bohrok in the maze, like in the story-mode of the game. If the worm-controlled Bohrok wouldn't be canon, the "Protection" would never have been witten. -- Surel—Nuva (Talk) 12:13, 8 March 2017 (CET)
- I'm not too familiar with the game, but that seems reasonable. I'd recommend checking with Dorek to be sure though. Also, IDK if you're doing this already, but just in case: if a character appears in a piece of semi-canon media and we know that their appearance is entirely non-canon, I think we're better off labeling the appearance NC than SC. Likewise, if the character's appearance is entirely canon, no need to label it SC. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 05:06, 9 March 2017 (CET)
Concerning The Rahi Page
Hello Dorek, I am a newcomer so I apologize if I shouldn't bring this here instead of the Rahi talk page. Or do these edits myself but I am afraid to screw up or indirectly break policies. But there are things I want to bring attention to, remind and maybe get an answer.
Second, I think since Sonic Entity is a Rahi in origin, it should go to that said list. I am sure you with other admins discussed where it along with Avohkah, Kratana, Fire Entity and Vatuka should be placed or categorized.
Three, MNOG citation should be removed from Electric Bug. We can't be certain it's the same as Lightning Bug.
And four, do Acid Flies have visual representation in BIONICLE Heroes? Or they were just mentioned in the game?
Once again I apologize if I shouldn't bring this to you, thank you!
- The Manutri, the Fire Entity and the Avohkah have been added. With the bugs, you're right. The Sonic entity was created by the Lohrak hordika, but wasn't a rahi. The Vatuka and the Kratana are not Rahi on the same way as the Krana and the Kraata are not Rahi. In the BIONICLE Heroes, the blue bionicle-piece rahi, (basically, Toa Metru lower torso with 2 technic connectors) are the acid flies. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 18:04, 21 March 2017 (CET)
- Thank you User:Surel-nuva for editing the Rahi page and giving me the welcome box on my user talk! However with all respect, if Sonic Entity despite being rahi in origin doesn't fit the criteria to be on the list so should Minion. Please do correct me if I am wrong, I didn't read the novels that feature these characters. I understand it's not easy to categorize these "outcasts" along the ones I mentioned, especially since definition of what makes rahi a rahi is not fully clear. --BionicleMax (talk) 06:56, 22 March 2017 (CET)
- The Real difference between Minion and the Sonic entity: Minion was created in a Rahi experiment (He was to be a Rahi, just became more intelligent than the average, and escaped) by a Makuta, and the Sonic Enity was created by a Rahi. If you had created the sonic entity it wouldn't have been a human, just a thing created by a Human. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 08:57, 22 March 2017 (CET)
How do people become managers/admins/etc on this wiki? also, who oversees stuff like site maintenance and paying for web hosting fees and whatnot? (and who owns the site?) Intelligence4 (talk) 19:43, 22 March 2017 (CET)
- so does he pay for all the hosting fees by himself? was he always the owner, or did someone else create the site? Intelligence4 (talk) 20:02, 22 March 2017 (CET)
Affiliation or Partnership
hi my name is mata nui avunaka, i'm an administrator of BIONICLE WIKI and i would like to ask to you and Biosector01 if you would agree to make an affiliation or partnership with our wiki, you see we are the only and the most complete in spanish that has BIONICLE information and we want a real integration between wikis no matter the distance, so would you like to make an affiliation or partnership with our wiki? here's the main page http://es.bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Portada of our wiki --Mata nui avunaka (talk) 15:54, 27 March 2017 (CET)
Hi there, Dorek.
Recently I've had a lot of renewed interest in the Hero Factory line and I'm casting my memory back to the days of old, when HeroSector01 was still operational. After trying to find a record of it through web archives I'm turning up a blank, though I did find a record of Meiko promising its return in 2015 once the server bank issues were fixed on a BZP post.
Obviously there are wider complexities that I'm not considering, but now that G2 has comfortably finished I'm just wondering how likely it is we'll see HeroSector01 return?
Account Creation Trouble
Hey, sorry to bother you, but a prospective member of this Wiki has been having trouble creating a Wiki account for some reason. She's very enthusiastic about contributing, but since she can't send messages without an account she asked me to relay this to you:
I tried joining BS01 tonight and it informed me I didn't have permission to do so. What's going on with that, and how can I get permission? If it helps, I tried making a mediawiki account and it told me I already have an account. But, when I tried to use the "recover lost password" function on BS01, it told me that there was no ZippyWharrgarbl in the site. Is there somewhere specifically that I need to go to?
Thank you in advance, ZippyWharrgarbl
P.S. I loved your story _Decadence_, by the way. It's one of my favourites."
Thank you for your help,
- We disabled account creation for a little bit because a vandal abused multiple accounts a few days ago. I've sent a message to the other staff asking if we can reopen it. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 17:45, 19 July 2017 (CET)
Hello, Dorek, and welcome to the BS01 Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. We hope you like the place and decide to stay. As you can see, the BS01 Wiki is a place where you can type out all of the things you know about BIONICLE. If you don't know how to fully use the features of this Wiki, these will be some great links to look through:
We hope you enjoy editing and contributing to the biggest BIONICLE encyclopedia! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Try to remember, the Wiki Staff monitor the articles, and articles are edited constantly, so if any of your edits are reverted, or another edit is placed, don't worry about it. If you need help, just ask the existing members and someone will show up shortly to answer your questions.
Also, in order to improve this Wiki, your feedback is very much appreciated. To provide feedback, please place it on the Member Opinion Hub. If you have any questions regarding the Wiki in general, they can be placed on the Help Desk. If you have any criticisms to make regarding the BS01 Wiki staff, they can be placed onto the Complaint Center.
(After you have read and understood everything above and the notices below, feel free to remove this template.)
Looking for a project? Check out BIONICLEsector01: Maintenance. It lists many pages that need content, rewrites, etc. Check out what needs to be done and help make the BS01 Wiki perfect!
Please do not upload any of your personal images to the Wiki. Instead, use an image hosting site like Flickr for all of your image hosting needs.
Little help, please
Could you delete this page, please? I'm a bit tired and didn't notice that one of Jaller's Aquatic Power Blade's other names is Aquatic Fire Blade, not just Fire Blade. Thanks for your help! — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 22:24, 30 August 2017 (CET)
If Greg was writing about the prototype, and all the other media depicts Jaller having 1 Sword, doesn't it mean that Jaller had only one sword, and that lone book is inaccurate? — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 22:57, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- You'd think so, right? If somebody can dig up the quote(s) maybe we can parse out any inconsistencies. The biggest thing is that it's the most RECENT story source that it appeared in, which gives it some weight. -- Dorek Talk 23:01, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- Both the BEU and the Makuta's Guide is more recent than the Prisoners of the Pit. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 23:18, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- But Greg had 2 answers what I found in the OGT:
"4.-Why in the Zyglak battle at the beggining Jaller is said to carry two swords?"
"4) Cause I wanted him to"
— toa thirdview & Greg
" 2)Jaller Inika had two swords in BL7, where did he find the other one?"'
2) Always had it, just didn't in the set"
— Wolven & Greg
- Still, it's confusing that the newer sources still mention only 1 sword... — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 23:18, 30 August 2017 (CET)
- Both the BEU and the Makuta's Guide is more recent than the Prisoners of the Pit. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 23:18, 30 August 2017 (CET)
I don't necessarily expect guidebooks to fully match up in regards to those particular details (since most of them are just copy-pasted or reformatted from older descriptions), so I'm not as surprised.
- i think we can collectively acknowledge that jaller only had one sword. in literally all the visual media, and the sets (which are a hugely authoritative bit of canon) he only has one, and in all the written media, with the exception of that one book, he has only one sword. i think given that single contradiction, we can safely assume that was an error of sorts. (for some reason i remember that being because when greg wrote the manuscript they hadn't nailed down the set designs yet, so he was working off a prototype. do any of the other mahri have any inconsistencies in that book?) Intelligence4 (talk) 02:18, 5 September 2017 (CET)
- At that point it's sort of outside the scope of the wiki; even if it's his original design, it's still functionally a fanmade adaptation. I'd say no, personally, but I can bring it up with the others. -- Dorek Talk 02:09, 5 September 2017 (CET)
For some reason the 07 banner I uploaded for the building instructions gallery is not displaying, neither on that page, or even in the actual file page. I don't know what happened or if it can be fixed, but if not, it's easy for me to re-upload so I just need it deleted.--Harsulin's Ghost (talk) 18:49, 4 September 2017 (CET)
- Here's the exact file ... and for some reason it's displaying right here?--Harsulin's Ghost (talk) 19:02, 4 September 2017 (CET)
- Glad I could help.
- randomly jumping in here, but do we have the building instructions featured somewhere? or a database/page listing all the instruction somewhere? i haven't seen anything yet, aside from various pages linking to their own instructions. (and btw, that's a really nice looking banner for 2007. did one of you guys make that, or was that a preexisting image from somewhere?) Intelligence4 (talk) 02:15, 5 September 2017 (CET)
I don't think we have a collected page/portal for them all. What would that be, a category page? Sounds good to me once we figure out what type of page it is/what to call it. -- Dorek Talk 02:41, 5 September 2017 (CET)
- what if we literally just had a regular page on the wiki called instructions, and it listed all the instructions we have hosted locally? if i wanted to find instructions for a set for whatever reason, the first thing i'd do is google it, and then i'd either find the stuff on lego.com, or something here called "instructions", and from there i'd be able to look for the set i want.Intelligence4 (talk) 03:03, 5 September 2017 (CET)
- edit: i'm a dummy, we already have a page that basically does this; didn't realize we have a gallery page already... carry on. Intelligence4 (talk) 03:05, 5 September 2017 (CET)
@ Intelligence4 I'm flattered to hear you like the 07 banner. I'm only a novice at photo editing, but I designed it myself, using a collection of images I found on BS01. --Harsulin's Ghost (talk) 22:37, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- i thought i hadn't seen that anywhere else. nice! Intelligence4 (talk) 23:21, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
I wonder why we don't use the reference/citation format what I used in the video names, and on the Aquatic Power Blade instead of the reference list. Sometimes it's bug me when I see the long list of references on the pages. Also, we have most of the sets' instructions on our wiki, so why don't we use them instead of the external ones from the LEGO.com? — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 15:43, 27 August 2017 (CET)
I think before making any more changes, we should have a discussion, maybe on the main page talk, about where to go from here in terms of citations. Some people have spoken out in favor of exclusively inline citations, while others have said they want all citations to point to a References section. Best to talk it out, preferably with Dorek and Swert weighing in. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 09:22, 9 September 2017 (CET)
- Book citations are fine but anything that's OGD or non-story web-based should be in references. -- Dorek Talk 04:47, 16 September 2017 (CET)
- i think having a references section would be good, but i also really like the idea of having in-line references. being able to hover over a reference and see what it is without having to actually click away from what i'm reading is a good thing that shouldn't be taken away haha Intelligence4 (talk) 08:21, 16 September 2017 (CET)
Shadow Spawn Instruction
- Hrm... I'm mildly hesitant because they're "unofficial" instructions, and I don't find it likely Flickr is going down any time soon.
- So if you want to put them into a PDF and upload them I don't mind, but maybe leave the link as it is for the time being. -- Dorek Talk 07:29, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
Little help on HS01
So, I tried to update the site with the infoboxes at first, And there were no problem with them, but I met with the HeroInfo Template, what I want to replace with an updated Hero Template. But the latest version fot he Hero Template does this. I only wanted to make subtabs for the 1.0, the 3.0 and the Brain Attack tabs, what I managed to do - or I hope so - but the infobox doesn't look like Hahli's or Jaller's, as you can see. What did I miss in the template? The other templates what I updated are working nicely, except that they don't wanna use the "infoLight" or "infoDark" classes, except that, they're working well. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 20:19, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I'm probably not going to have time to work on this for a while. Either way, the code that makes infobox tabs work is outdated on HS01, but I can't update it since I'm not a staff member there, so it's best not to change HS01's infoboxes yet. I'd recommend bringing up redesign ideas with Dorek. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 06:31, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
what do you think you're doing
you betrayed the law --- Creep 05:19, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
at least change the hypen for a / or something, that hypen is eff ugly. --Creep 05:20, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah I'm with Creep here, the hyphen is hideous. We came to this conclusion in the AfC and everything. --Angel Bob (talk) 18:07, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
It was two against one in the talkpage :U
- Slashes are out since they're supposed to be configured for subpages (which, as Morris points out, means we need to have a discussion about Chutespeak/Treespeak).
- Hydraxon (Duplicate).
Or move the real Hydraxon to Original Hydraxon and keep the current one as Hydraxon. --Creep 04:13, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
I've been a little out of the loop, but dekar-hydraxon isn't that bad. we shouldn't take "dekar" out of the title, otherwise people won't be able to find his page when looking for information on the matoran. Intelligence4 (talk) 22:53, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
The Fate of Skull Slicer
I would say Skull Slicer is deceased again because he was crushed by the rubble and he could never have escaped that collapsing arena and come out unscathed. It’s impossible.
- Comic book logic. No body no death!
- Even though he was never quite properly alive to begin with (as a Skull Creature, anyway) so I think Unknown covers a lot of bases. -- Dorek Talk 02:57, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
- I'd also like to add, either Ryder Windham or Martin P. Mann, don't recall who, in their interview told about a scene where Skull Slicer would be flushed out into the chasm, however this was cut, presumably to save time. Though it's not canon, it suggests there was no intent for the collapse of the arena to have killed him. ~ Wolk (talk) 10:16, 23 May 2018 (UTC)