(for lack of a better space to put this)
- Add links to specific entries of Wall of History (BIONICLE.com).
- Add links to specific episodes of animations, such as the Bohrok Online Animations, Bohrok-Kal Online Animations, Vahki Online Animations, Toa Metru Promo Animations, The Rise of Mata Nui, and many more.
- Add more commercial and animations appearances in general.
- Add appearances in BIONICLE: Collector's Sticker Book under Activity Books, and BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn - Official Movie Guide under Guide Books. In a similar vain, the Toa Mahri and Glatorian books (and akin) would be good to add as well, however with limited accessibility, this task becomes difficult.
- Flatten 'mentioned only'
- In the case of encyclopedia, if it has an entry, it is a full appearance, if it does not, it is a mention.
- In the case of first-person retellings, such as blogs and chronicles anything that is not the author or directly quoted?
- Add appearances from Chronicles of Takua, Makuta's Diary, and Mata Nui's Diary (in a similar vain to Birth of a Dark Hunter). However, in the case of the latter two, as they are not pages of their own, they'd not be links... (unless we make pages or sub-sections for them?)
- Add Story (BIONICLE.com) under 'Chronicle'(?) appearances (assuming the page gets made, it's best to wait for it to be made so that we can link to it).
- Split blogs out from the 'Chronicle' section, and Podcasts out from the 'Story Serials' section.
- Piraka & Inika Profiles, probably under Online Games?
Fine. I'll do it myself.
28 July 2004 - BIONICLE: Metru Nui - City of Legends
Little is known about Toa Lhikan's past. It is said he came to Metru Nui from some other place, for reasons that he declines to discuss. He has served as the lone protector of the city of many, many years, and Matoran in every metru look up to him. With few threats to Metru Nui, Lhikan has largely kept busy helping the Vahki to capture particularly dangerous Rahi.
Also mentioned that Nidhiki and Lhikan seem to share history, which is derived from the "brother" line of LoMN.
13 August 2004 - BIONICLE Adventures 4: Legends of Metru Nui
19 October 2004 - BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui
7 June 2005 - BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts
Rahaga Pouks says: "I asked Vakama about htis beast. The Kanohi Dragon has evidently not been seen for generations. According to Vakama, Toa Lhikan and ten of his comrades fought a great battle against the creature and drove it away long, long ago. More than that, he did not know, and Lhikan never cared to share more of the tale. Such silence says a lot about what an awful battle it must have been."
It first appeared in Metru Nui some 18 months prior to the Great Cataclysm, roughly the same time Makuta assumed the identity of Turaga Dume.
12 September 2005 - BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (and Birth of a Dark Hunter)
The best-known Chronicler in METRU NUI was a PO-MATORAN named KODAN. His first experience was recording the defeat of the KANOHI DRAGON by Toa LHIKAN and 10 other Toa. He later traveled with some of Lhikan's fellow Toa on one of their missions, but neither he nor they ever returned. TURAGA DUME chose not to appoint a new Chronicler. No one knew at the time that the true Dume had been replaced by MAKUTA in disguise.
The Original Chronicler's staff was lost when KODAN disappeared.
Early in the reign of DUME, the Shadowed One wished to establish a base in the city, but Dume refused. This resulted in a huge struggle between the Toa, led by LHIKAN, and the Dark Hunters. During this conflict, Toa Nidhiki attempted to betray the city and eventually defect to the enemy.
Dume's history as a TOA has not yet been revealed, although it is believed that he had some hand in LHIKAN's becoming a Toa.
According to legend, TOA LHIKAN and ten of his comrades fought a great battle and defeated the monster.
A PO-MATORAN in METRU NUI and the CHRONICLER for TOA LHIKAN's team. Kodan began his career as chronicler when Lhikan arrived in the city with ten other Toa to fight the KANOHI DRAGON. Kodan continued to fill this role for centuries. He vanished along with two Toa on a mission for TURAGA DUME (actually MAKUTA in disguise).
Lhikan first came to Metru Nui centuries ago along with ten other Toa in response to a call for help from Turaga DUME. The Toa encountered and defeated a KANOHI DRAGON. Afterward, Lhikan, Toa NIDHIKI, and a handful of the other heroes elected to remain in the city as its protectors.
Over time, some of the Toa left the city for other islands and more adventure. More recently, Turaga Dume ordered a number of the Toa to close off all the seaways that led from Metru Nui to other lands. No explaination was given for this strange order. Lhikan remained behind in the city while his companions left to carry out their missions. None of them ever returned.
Although he was not native to Metru Nui, he was deeply loyal to his adpoted city and its population.
He ordered many of the city's Toa to go on dangerous missions, from which they did not return.
During much of its existence, Metru Nui was ruled by TURAGA DUME, protected by TOA LHIKAN and other Toa, and guarded by the VAHKI. Metru Nui was once the site of a major conflict between the Toa and the DARK HUNTERS.
When MAKUTA impersonated Dume, he sent all the Toa but Lhikan out of the city and invited the Dark Hunters in to capture the remaining hero.
Nidhiki was one of ten Toa summoned by LHIKAN to help defend Metru Nui against the KANOHI DRAGON. He remained in the city for many years afterward, helping to defend it against RAHI and occassionally venturing to other islands. But over time, he began to feel dissatisfied with his role.
Nidhiki wears a Mask of Stealth.
13 September 2005 - BIONICLE Adventures 10: Time Trap
- Sentrakh steered the boat unerringly toward the gateway that led to the Metru Nui Sea. It had been a long journey, but neither he nor the Shadowed One had slept. Having lived among potential enemies far too long to take chances, the Shadowed One rarely closed his eyes except behind locked doors. Sentrakh had no need for sleep or much of anything else beyond his duty.
- Virtually all of the sea gates that led from Metru Nui to other lands had been closed by order of Makuta some time ago. Only this one remained open, by virtue of someone, or something, having torn the metal wide open. The Shadowed One guessed this was the work of Krekka, as he and Nidhiki made their way to Metru Nui.
- As the boat sailed through the portal, a dull gray object caught the eye of the Dark Hunter leader. He ordered Sentrakh to halt and stepped out onto the narrow rock ledge that bordered the gate. A closer look confirmed his suspicion: This was a Kanohi Mask of Power he had spotted, a Mask of Speed, to be precise.
- “Do you know what this is?” he asked Sentrakh. “A Kanohi mask — one of the most valuable possessions of a Toa. It no doubt belonged to some brave hero who ventured here from Metru Nui, looking to close this gate, thinking he was doing what was best for his city. He succeeded, but only after a great battle, and finally succumbed to his injuries. Only his mask was left behind.”
- The Shadowed One turned to look at his guardian, who was still staring straight ahead. “Did he find a hero’s grave in these waters, do you think?” The Dark Hunter idly kicked the mask into the sea, watching it disappear beneath the waves. “Or just a final resting place in the mud for a fool?”
1 June 2006 - BIONICLE: Dark Hunters
Eliminator was the third of three Dark Hunters hired by Makuta during his failed attempt to seize control of Metru Nui and its Matoran population. While the other two were in the city acting as close support, Eliminator's job was to track down and defeat the city's Toa guardians. Makuta, disguised as the city elder, had order them on missions outside of Metru Nui, making them easy targets for my Dark Hunter.
30 August 2006 - BIONICLE Legends 4: Legacy of Evil
- All but one of the Toa in the tower that day met his end at the claws of the Frostelus. The lone survivor, a relatively new and inexperienced master of fire named Lhikan, was ordered by his team leader to flee with the Makoki stone. But when Lhikan went to get the stone, it was gone.
- He would search for some years afterward for the tablet, despite the fact that he did not know the true significance of it. Nor did he ever learn just who it was that dared to steal from a Toa tower.
4k years ago, Reidak, Vezok, and Avak freed the Kanohi Dragon, which was frozen in a sealed sea cavern. They attempted to convince Turaga Dume to allow the Dark Hunters to stop the beast, however Lhikan, Nidhiki, and nine other Toa arrived on Vahki instead. The Toa battled the Kanohi Dragon for a month, until it was defeated with the combined efforts of four Toa of Ice. Lhikan and half a dozen of the Toa brought the dragon to Xia, while Nidhiki and the rest remained behind to secure the city.
- The Dark Hunters turned to see two Toa - one emerald in color, one red and gold - standing in the window. Nine other Toa hovered on Vahki in the night sky behind them.
- “Toa Lhikan!” exclaimed Dume. “Toa Nidhiki!”
- “You didn’t tell us you had Dark Hunters visiting,” said Nidhiki, Toa of Air. “Here I thought we would be fighting only higher forms of life.”
- “We got your message,” said Toa Lhikan, master of fire. “Are these three responsible for the trouble here?”
- Still, the plan had seemed to be working. A couple of hundred Dark Hunters stormed Metru Nui in the dead of night, taking the Vahki and Lhikan’s team of Toa completely by surprise. While the Matoran took cover, they seized control of most of the city. The Toa and Turaga Dume were forced to take refuge inside the Coliseum. Victory seemed only days away.
- Then everything went wrong. The Toa of Water managed to slip through the Dark Hunter lines and swim the ocean. At the first island she came to, she dragged herself to the Turaga and begged for help for Metru Nui. The result was that close to one hundred Toa descended on the city and turned what should have been a quick fight into a protracted siege. Toa and Dark Hunters clashed in metru-to-metru, street-to-street fighting that lasted months.
11 June 2007 - The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet
Introduction of Tuyet.
"All right," said Lhikan. "With the other Toa away on missions, there's just the three of us to protect the city. So take care and keep a careful eye out. Someone killed that Matoran and we can't let it happen again."
7 September 2007 - BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated
(Unless specified otherwise, info remains the same as it is in BE)
Along with NIDHIKI and KREKKA, he was dispatched to METRU NUI to help MAKUTA in his efforts to seize control of the city. Eliminator's task was to track down and destroy the Toa guardians of Metru Nui, which he did very successfully.
Little is known of Lhikan's past history. As a relatively new Toa, he helped man a Toa tower that contained the MAKOKI STONES. He was the lone defender to escape an attack of the FROSTELUS. He first came to Metru Nui 4,000 years ago along with 10 other Toa in response to a call for help from Turaga DUME. The Toa encountered and defeated a KANOHI DRAGON. Lhikan personally saw the dragon delivered to the island of XIA. Afterwards, he, Toa NIDHIKI, and a handful of the other heroes elected to remain in the city as its protectors.
Centuries later, Makuta reappeared, this time posing as Turaga DUME and ruling METRU NUI. Reduced in stature due to his earlier defeat, he was forced to rely on DARK HUNTERS to achieve his ends. He ordered many of the city's Toa to go on dangerous missions, from which they did not return. He also sent NIDHIKI and KREKKA to capture Toa LHIKAN.
2007 - Into the Darkness / Dreams of Destruction
- "All that remains of a Toa of Water named Tuyet," Makuta replied. "She was condemned here many thousands of years ago. She died here, though I don't know why. Perhaps she was trying to escape."
- "Why was she sent here?"
- "It is hard for me to give exact reason, since I did not even know 'here' existed until a few days ago. But I do know her crime. She tampered with an object of power that did not belong in her hands; it was too much for her. She went wild, was defeated by Toa Lhikan and Toa Nidhiki, and the object was destroyed, or so the heroes thought."
2008 - Dark Mirror
- "You know, you remind me a little of someone," said Bomonga. "A Toa of Water, one of Lhikan's old team. What was her name? Toa Naho, that was it. She came along on one of our missions to Odina to clean out that nest of Stone Rats. Offered to go after the Shadowed One herself, take all the risks. Turned out she was helping that creep escape. He got away; she didn't. Tuyet turned her over to her friend Roodaka and, well, she wound up an interesting exhibit in the Archives."
15 April 2009 - BIONICLE: Makuta's Guide to the Universe
Little is known about Toa Lhikan's past, as he rarely liked to speak of it. It has been confirmed that he was active as a Matoran 17,500 years ago, when he was rescued by a Toa of Fire named Dume. He became a Toa 7005 years ago and was assigned to guard a strategic outpost with a team of other heroes.
When the Kanohi Dragon menaced Metru Nui, Lhikan joined with 10 other Toa and fought a month-long battle to deeat it. After the fight, the team remained to guard the city. Over time, some members left to adventure elswhere, leaving Lhikan, Toa Nidhiki, and Toa Tuyet behind. It was at this time that Tuyet attempted to seize power by stealing the energies of other Toa. She was defeated by Lhikan and Nidhiki and exiled to the Pit. [Toa-DH War] After Makuta Teridax took over Metru Nui by disguising himself as the city's leader, he hired the Dark Hunters to get rid of Lhikan and his teammates.
- Toa Lhikan has been the only Toa in Metru Nui for many years. --The 'many years' here appear to be retconned... Or since the Toa Mangai were generally operating outside of Metru Nui, perhaps that is the meaning here?
- Nidhiki and Lhikan used to be 'brothers'.
- Long ago, Lhikan and ten other Toa fought against the Kanohi Dragon.
- Makuta started impersonating Turaga Dume 18 months before the Great Cataclysm.
- Kodan became the chronicler of Lhikan's Toa Team when they were fighting the Kanohi Dragon.
- Kodan went on a mission alongside two members of Lhikan's Toa Team. They disappeared and never returned, and were presumed dead. They were sent on this mission by Makuta-Dume.
- Toa Lhikan came to Metru Nui alongside 10 other Toa in answer of a call for help from Dume, and fought the Kanohi Dragon.
- Lhikan, Nidhiki and a few other of the Toa chose to stay in the city.
- Over time, some of the Toa left on adventures.
- Makuta-Dume ordered some of the Toa to close the seaways to Metru Nui. Lhikan stayed behind. None of the Toa ever returned.
- Lhikan was not native to Metru Nui.
- Nidhiki occasionally left the city on adventures.
- One Toa who was sent to close the seagates wore a Kanohi Kakama, and perished.
- Eliminator was assigned to eliminate the Toa.
- Makuta-Dume sent the Toa on missions outside of Metru Nui to be eliminated by Eliminator.
- Nidhiki wore emerald-armor, while Lhikan wore red-and-gold.
- Dume knew both Nidhiki and Lhikan prior to their arrival in Metru Nui.
- Nine other Toa arrived with Nidhiki and Lhikan to Metru Nui, 4,000 years ago.
- The battle against the Kanohi Dragon lasted for a month.
- The Kanohi Dragon was defeated through the combined efforts of four Toa of Ice.
- Lhikan and half a dozen of the Toa brought the dragon to Xia, while Nidhiki and the rest remained behind to secure the city.
- There was a singular Toa of Water in Lhikan's team by the time of the Toa-Dark Hunter war. The team was in Metru Nui when the Dark Hunters attacked.
- During TMDoTT, only Lhikan, Tuyet and Nidhiki were in Metru Nui. The other Toa were on missions elsewhere, however their leave was not permanent.
- Lhikan, Nidhiki, and a handful of other Toa elected to remain in Metru Nui after defeating the Kanohi Dragon.
- Makuta-Dume sent many of the Toa on dangerous missions, form which they did not return.
- The team remained in Metru Nui after fighting the Kanohi Dragon.
- The other Toa of Water in Lhikan's team is named Naho.
- Some members left to adventure elsewhere. This was during TMDoTT. --To me, this implies all those mentions of members adventuring elsewhere is just meant as temporary, much like how Nidhiki is said to go on adventures elsewhere in BE. This line in MGttU directly onnectiosn the adventuring elsewhere to the explicitely temporary absence seen in TMDoTT.
- 29 August, 2004: Because there wasn't much danger in Metru Nui, the rest of Lhikan's team were usually outside the city on missions.
- 21 November, 2004: It's possible the Rahi Nui was responsible for Lhikan's team not coming back from their missions.
- 10 January, 2005: Lhikan's team were never Hordika.
- 13 Feburary, 2005: Lhikan and Nidhiki were on the same Toa team. Nidhiki was a Toa of Air.
- 4 March, 2005: Makuta was pretending to be Dume for 18 months prior to the LoMN. Makuta-Dume sent the Toa of Lhikan's team off on missions from which they did not return. Some disappeared recently, some didn't.
- 5 April, 2005: Lhikan was probably the leader of his team.
- 20 April, 2005: Nidhiki was part of Lhikan's team, but boredom is not why he left the city.
- 17 December, 2005: Lhikan and his team never met the Hagah/Rahaga, Sidorak, or Roodaka. --I assume Nidhiki as a Dark Hunter would count as post-being part of Lhikan's team.
- 6 June, 2006: On why no one remembered Nidhiki in Legends of Metru Nui:
- "Because the events Nidhiki was involved in happened tens of thousands of years before, and he looked a lot different in LOMN. Lhikan remembered him because they had been close before, but the Matoran didn't hang out with him back then -- Toa Nidhiki did not associate himself with Matoran."
- 11 June, 2006: Nidhiki and Lhikan were not from the same island.
- 18 June, 2006: The description of Nidhiki's mask as "emerald" is just meant as another word for green.
- 10 August, 2006: Kanoka, Chutes, Vahki, and Krahli were all invented before the Kanohi Dragon attacked 4,000 years ago.
- 10 August, 2006: There were Toa on Metru Nui at one point long before Lhikan's team., but in general, there were not Toa there. This was not Dume's team.
- 12 October, 2006: The Kanohi Dragon was frozen beneath the ocean of Metru Nui in a prior defeat.
- 12 October, 2006: The four Toa of Ice that took down the Kanohi Dragon were part of the eleven members of Lhikan's team.
- 15 October, 2006: On why there were four Toa of Ice on Lhikan's team: "Because if you are fighting a Kanohi Dragon, you want as much ice power as possible."
- 27 October, 2006: The line at the start of Legends of Metru Nui about Toa falling one after one refers to Lhikan's team.
- 3 January, 2007: It's unknown if Kongu's Suletu belonged to a member of Lhikan's team, or if Lhikan's team consisted only of the primary elements.
- 3 Jaunuary, 2007: It hasn't been revealed whether or not Lhikan's team was composed only of the primary elements.
- 3 January, 2007: Dume did have a part in Lhikan's becoming a Toa.
- 20 February, 2007: Both Lhikan's and Dume's teams are unnamed. It is resonable to assume Lhikan's team were called the Toa Metru, since they were protecting Metru Nui.
- 14 August, 2007: The Tuyet story happens after the Kanohi Dragon's defeat, but before the Dark Hunter war.
- 14 August, 2007: There were two Toa of Water on Lhikan's team.
- 14 August, 2007: There were probably around seven Toa in Metru Nui when the Dark Hunter started. Some of the Toa of Ice were around, some were not.
- 16 April, 2008: On if whether or not Eliminator killed all the other Mangai:
- "He killed the two with Kodan -- the members of Lhikan's team were scattered in different directions, so would have been impractical to send one being out to get them all."
- 23 April, 2008: It's unknown if Kongu's Suletu belonged to a member of Lhikan's team.
Other interesting finds:
- 20 August, 2007: Toa of "Metals" may be possible.
- "Lhikan's team" (p.2/4)
Inner Light and Inner Darkness (+ Makuta bits)
- If you have no inner light, you have no "goodness of spirit." If you have less light, you will be less "good."
- Upon becoming Shadow Matoran, their colors changed because when you no longer have any light in you, you cannot remain gold and white.
- All Shadow Matoran, including Vican and Vultraz, can fire shadow bolts.
- The Hunger Kraata Power does not let you feed on light or emotions, unlike the Mask of Hunger. 
- A shadow leech must make physical contact in order to drain your light. Vamprah, however, can do it from a distance using his mask.
- Mutran mutated the Shadow Matoran; unmutated Shadow Matoran would remain relatively the same as before they were drained. (Implies the Mutran part has already been stated.)
- A Shadow Matoran turned into a Toa would be no different from a Toa drained of their inner light.
- The Shadow Matoran channel their shadow bolts through their weapons. Their powers are on par with the Av-Matoran's.
- You cannot drain light from an object, such as the Avohkii. Shadow Leeches only work on living things.
- Any type of Matoran can be turned into a Shadow Matoran.
- The Shadow Leeches and Avsa do more than make you tap into your inner darkness - they drain the light, leaving you with no choice but to tap into it. Any Toa who had their light drained would no longer control their element, instead controlling shadow.
- If a being tapped into their inner light, instead of their inner darkness, they'd gain light powers. However, it is much easier to tap into one's aggression and anger than to tap into the better part of oneself.
- If an Av-Matoran who is destined to become a Toa was to be come a Shadow Matoran, they would still be able to become a Toa. In that case, they would be a Toa of Shadow.
- In his "twilight" form, Takanuva still has all his light powers, as well as all the shadow powers. The latter does not include Kraata Powers.
- If a non-Toa of Light had their light drained, they would become a Toa of Shadow. They would not retain their original element.
- The Avsa can be used to suck half of the light out of someone, it does not have to suck out all of it.
- On why it matters which hand Takanuva uses: " Simple. One, it makes it very clear to younger readers that he is divided in half, and his left hand is the one that holds his lance that was intended by us to shoot light."
- Despite having two elements, Takanuva has the same amount of elemental energy as normal Toa.
- In regards to why beings with light powers are not void of shadow: "Light doesn't work the same as shadow. Remember, darkness is only the absence of light -- light is not defined as the absence of darkness."
- The Makuta may have had some light early on, which they purposely turned away from. Doing good works is not the same thing as actually being good.
- On why Toa need light to have fire or ice powers: "Cause that was how we decided to do it. Otherwise, you have to have shadow Matoran firing off bursts of light, since that was what they could do as Av-Matoran, and that doesn't really make sense visually." "Basically, I am trying to avoid confusion. If I say the Av-Matoran lose their light but Tahu, say, keeps his fire, it's a contradiction and it leaves people scratching their heads. If I make a rule that everyone loses their original element, then it is nice and clear."
- On if having their light drained corrupts a being's destiny: "Good question. A bigger question is, if you have your light drained, does it happen because that WAS part of your destiny?"
- Av-Matoran have more light than they have shadow, but it's questionable if, for instance, Ahkmou, does.
- Inbalance of one's inner light is less about the amount they start out with, and more that a being's actions affect their amount of inner light.
- As a Toa of Light and Shadow, Takanuva is weak to both light and shadow.
- The Avsa could drain the Toa Nuva of their light, however probably not the Ignika, as it's not really a living being.
- Takanuva's color changed when he was drained because he was a Toa, unlike the Av-Matoran.
- Vican's secondary black color may have come from his mutations.
- Kraata-Kal is able to be drained by Shadow Leeches. When Kraata-Kal was mutated, it ceased to be a creature of pure shadow, which means it has light in it, even if not a lot.
- When an Av-Matoran becomes a Shadow Matoran, they look "normal," they do not have bat wings or "beastial" masks.
- As far as we know, there is no on in the universe who knows how to train to gain light powers.
- Inoculating someone with light would not be the same thing as tapping into your inner light. If done to a Shadow Matoran, it would kill them. It would not give you powers.
- Twilight Takanuva can do anything a normal Toa can, but with either light or shadow.
- Takanuva would not be able to learn to control his dark impulses, it is something you have to live with every day.
- It would be possible for a Makuta to obtain a light side.
- Av-Matoran do not have a different attitude due to their association with light.
- The Kiril cannot regenerate someone's light.
- The Avohkii's form change does not affect its powers. The mask changed color, same as Takanuva's armor, to reflect him having been drained of his light.
- The Shadow Matoran have differing colors because it stayed the same as when they were Av-Matoran. It did not change when they were drained.
- Accessing light powers is not the same as being an Av-Matoran. An Av-Matoran cannot turn into Matoran of the other elements through some reverse process.
- If Macku, for example, was to become a Toa and access her inner light, she would be able to wield both water and light powers.
- A single Shadow Leech is sufficient to drain all the light from Takanuva, another Toa, an Av-Matoran, or a Matoran of another tribe.
- There has not been a "good" Makuta.
- A light-drained Matoran would become a Toa of Shadow if turned into a Toa. Along with draining a Toa, these are the only two ways to make Toa of Shadow. There are no naturally occuring Shadow Toa.
- If a Toa of another element had half of their light drained, they would work like Takanuva in that they can use shadow in their right hand, and their original element in their left hand.
- It would be very difficult for an individual to access both their inner light and inner shadow (not at the same time), because they are two extremes. (I'm not sure what to make of this. Access both in their life time?)
- All sapient beings, including Skakdi, have at least some amount of light in them, and can be drained by shadow leeches. This also includes Zyglak and Frostelus.
- It is uncertain if Skakdi could use the shadow powers on their own if drained.
- (implied) Not all Vortixx have access to shadow powers.
- Zyglak would probably not be able to use shadow elemental powers if they were drained.
- It is not possible to make "Shadow Rahi", because light and shadow are tied to morality, and animals do not have a concept of morality. Rahi do not have light or darkness in them as they do not have a moral sense, and cannot be drained by shadow leeches.
- A Toa or Matoran of Shadow cannot be good for they have no light in them and thus have no way to choose good. A normal being can turn bad because they have both light and darkness in them.
- Toa of Shadow do not feel a responsibility to obey Makuta or anyone, but they serve the cause of evil. If they see personal gain from obeying Makuta, they would.
- It is not possible for a Toa to become a Toa of Shadow by their own will (without having their light drained) and then revert. (Unclear if the "no" is on reverting, or becoming a ToS on their own.)
- Matoran and Toa who have been drained of their light do not keep their old element because the standard elements requires there to be balance in a person. ToS/MoS are not at balance for they have no light. A being who was all shadow or all light would not be able to use elements other than light or shadow.
- If Umbra was hit by Shadow Leech, he would cease to exist, for he is entirely light.
- If a Shadow leech was used on a being of Shadow, nothing would happen. Shadow Leeches only eat light.
- If "Twilight" Takanuva was to drain all his shadow, he would not become a Toa of Light again, because there is not enough light left in him; he would not regain his light.
- It is in the Matoran's nature to be in balance, very few are all one or the other.
- Matoran do not have a weak shield preventing them from having all light or shadow; when the Avsa or Shadow Leeches drain them, they create the shield, they do not strengthen a pre-existing one. In a natural scenario, the light or shadow would come back in to fill the void after being drained--Nature wants balance. The shield is a psychic shield that makes you stay light drained, but it is not created by the victim; it is not a case of them wanting to remain evil. The only beings to have prevented light from returning through sheer willpower are the Makuta.
- Toa have shadow as well. If the Toa did not, Teridax would not have been able to create the Shadow Toa by drawing out the Toa Mata's shadow. The shadow is their dark side.
- Toa of Light and Av-Matoran also have shadow in them. Takanuva is not perfect and good all the time. Beings of all light are just as out of balance as beings of all shadow. They also do not have more light in them than the average being, they are not naturally more virtuous. They are better at controlling light for it is their natural element.
- Shadow and light are two seperate substances. If you have both, you are fine. If you drain one, you are left with only the other. If both are drained, then you have nothing at all. There are no all-light beings.
- That Rahi does not have inner light/shadow is not what makes a Rahi a Rahi. Shadow Matoran are not Rahi.
- Skakdi are not pure shadow, but they have more shadow than light. They would have to work with another Skakdi to access their shadow powers.
- Rahi cannot be shadow leeched because they no morals. Keetongu can sense good and evil in others, but he might not have a moral sense, that may instead be instinctive. If he did, however, he would have shadow powers if he was leeched.
- The coloring of the Shadow Matoran comes from their loss of light. Their mutations are courtesy of the Makuta.
- Takanuva has access to his shadow powers immedietly as off becoming a Toa of "Twilight".
- Shadow is very easy to use and control (which leads Takanuva to use it more and more).
- The inner light/shadow in it's natural state is not always half-and-half. On Takanuva. "he's selfless, self-sacrificing, honest, etc., so he had more light than he had shadow." Takanuva is probably closer to half now that he is drained.
- Krahka is a Rahi, but since she has absorbed intelligence, she has also absorbed a moral sense, so she has inner light and shadow.
- Shadow was not always considered evil, this view has come from connotations with the Brotherhood of Makuta's actions. However, Miserix would still be considered evil due to his connotations with Shadow.
- Roodaka's ability to fire shadow bolts is not a species-wide thing. She gained her shadow powers through extensive training, "making contact with the darkness inside her."
- Keetongu probably does not have a balance of light and darkness. Krahka does. We have not seen Toa Hordika that have gotten to a point of not having a moral sense.
- If a being has neither moral light nor shadow, they would not be able to tell good from evil, or care. They would be driven by instinct.
- Keetongu is empathic, but he dos not have a moral sense in the strictest sense.
- The more Takanuva uses his light, the closer he is to becoming a full Toa of Shadow, and he will eventually run out of light. He could still use the Mask of Light, however as a being of shadow, that would be "like a vampire making garlic stew". He can use the mask's powers instead of draining his own, however.
- If Twilight Takanuva took of the Avohkii, it would go back to being gold.
- Takanuva's light does not regenerate. If he was to Nova Blast, he would become a Toa of Shadow. He can cuse the Avohkii as a substitute as to not waste light powers.
- Though not all of Takanuva's light was drained, Takanuva's shield is not incomplete. The shield is the first effect of the Shadow Leech's attack. His light won't return unless the shield is undone.
- Takanuva does not have the same amount of light as he once did.
- Takanuva does not have same amount of skill with his shadow powers as a Toa of Shadow would, as he isn't used to the powers.
- Matoran cannot tap into elemental abilities, so they cannot use shadow by channeling their anger or fear. (Isn't that what Vultraz and Vican are doing though, though forced?)
- Takanuva is not aware that he can use the Avohkii as a substitute for his diminishing light powers?
- A Toa of Shadow would not be more powerful than Twilight Takanuva.
- Shadow was not associated with evil prior the Makuta rebelling. The Makuta were given their powers because it takes a lot of power to deal with powerful Rahi.
- If a Toa of an element other than light was partially drained by a Shadow Leech like Takanuva, with a psychological barrier established, they would most likely only have access to their original element. Takanuva could control shadow becuase it is similar to light.
- Miserix rejected his inner light. All Makuta did.
- All Makuta once had light in them, back when Teridax overthrew Miserix. Miserix chose not to rebel against Mata Nui because he though they lose.
- There is no reason to believe tapping into one's inner light would suddenly turn oneself into someone with Toa of Light powers. At best, one would be able to hurl a light blast like Av-Matoran can.
- Tapping into one's shadow power does not drain one's light and increase the amount of shadow one has at one's disposal.
- Inhabitants of Bara Magna cannot tap into inner light or shadow.
- Roodaka has not drained herself of all moral light.
- The Spherus Magna Makuta have not drained herself of all moral light. (Refering to the Melding?)
- They do not know how to tap into their inner light. It taktes extensive training and meditation to do so.
- Keetongu judges beings by proportion of their light and darkness.
- The Melding Makuta were created the same way as they were in the main universe. They originally had shadow powers, but tap into their inner light to gain light powers.
- Miserix expelled his inner light during his imprisonment. He didn't join Teridax because he thought the Makuta would fail, not because he was a nice guy.
- Miserix banished his light because his enemied had done so, as to not give them an edge. His enemy would not be held back by having a conscience, so neither would Miserix.
- There is no "light leech."
- An elemental power is one associated with one of the elements. Roodaka's shadow powers are not elemental, she is tapping into her inner darkness.
Other Notes on Light/Shadow
Elemental Light & Shadow
- Takanuva does not have a physically harming power, however light does affect darkness.
- As an Av-Matoran, Takua had powers, but he didn't know that he did, and therefore couldn't use them.
- Takanuva has all the powers of the Av-Matoran.
- The Av-Matoran can bend like to change their color, but not how their shape is perceived.
- Takanuva could create a "Light Hand," similar to a Makuta's Shadow Hand, the same way a Toa of Stone or Fire could create a stone or fire hand, respectively.
- The Av-Matoran's elemental powers are closer to a Turaga's than a Toa's.
- Midak Skyblasters draw their light from the environment.
- The Av-Matoran were not blinded because they were not exposed to the light like the Makuta were, nor are they vulnerable to it, unlike the Makuta. (This does not imply resistance.)
- Matoran of Light are about on par with a Turaga. They can channel their power through theirs hands.
- Takua able to change his color, but wasn't aware of it because he didn't remember that he was an Av-Matoran. He was changing his color subconsciously.
- Takanuva can also change his colors.
- Comparing the Midak's blasts with Takanuva's, Takanuva can control the strength and width of his, with the Midak it is the same every time.
- A shadow blast wouldn't do a lot of damage to a Makuta, but it would not heal them.
- A Matoran's elemental light powers are less powerful than a Turaga's.
- Twilight Takanuva could not use both is powers to make a Toa Seal, because Light and Shadow would cancel out.
- Shadow cannot be used to make a Toa Seal.
- If Twilight Takanuva did a Nova Blast, there would be shadow on the right side, light on the left. There would not be a strip in the middle where they cancel out.
- The Kraahkan does more than just control Shadow.
- Changing their color is something the Av-Matoran can do by reflex, it is not difficult.
- Vultraz's shadow Midak Skyblaster draws shadow from the environment.
- If a Toa of Shadow used a Nova Blast, it would cloak a large area in complete darkness.
- If the Av-Matoran leave Karda Nui they would shrink to normal size over time.
- Takaunva's increased size does not increase his powers in any way.
- If a Makuta survive the Nova Blast of a Toa of Light, it would be barely, and because of their armor provide some amount shielding.
- Twilight Takanuva can use a Shadow Hand, but he cannot absorb beings with it.
- Takanuva's Midak Skyblaster does not grow with him.
- If the enlarged Takanuva took of the Avohkii, it would go back to its normal size over time.
- Shadow Toa cannot make Toa Seal.
- Solek would be able to use his solid-light power to create things such as blades.
- The Avohkii's ability to spread understanding is a mask power, not something a Toa of Light would possess.
- The Avohkii can do things that Takanuva could not do with his elemental powers, however it does not increase his control over light.
- If an Av-Matoran become a Toa, they would be able to use the power they were able access when linked with Toa.
Link with Toa/Makuta
- Takanuva could potentially use all the powers that the Av-Matoran would gain in contact with Toa or Makuta. However, it would require extensive training. When a an Av-Matoran becomes a Toa, they wouldn't necessarily retain their power -- they'd still require extensive training.
- Takanuva cannot use his power to power a Midak, unlike Tanma's ability.
- He could learn to use the Av-Matoran or Shadow Matoran link powers, but the Matoran themselves wouldn't be able to teach him as they do not know how their powers work, just that they do.
- In this case, it is impossible to learn (without a teacher?)
- All Av-Matoran have link powers. They do not have access to their link powers when not linked to a Toa (or Makuta?).
- When linked with their Matoran, the blinded Makuta are actually seeing what the Matoran are seeing. (I mean, kind of obvious.)
- The Toa gain memories from the Av-Matoran through a mental link created when they are in contact. This mental link is one-way.
- If Shadow Matoran link up with Toa, they would not have the same powers as when they link up with with Makuta. For instance, Radiak would not have his sloth power when linked up with a Toa.
- Only those Shadow Matoran who used to be Av-Matoran have link powers. Since Vican was not an Av-Matoran, he does not have one.
- To access the link powers, the Av-Matoran have to "pretty much just climb on."
- Av-Matoran can only use the link powers when in contact with Makuta or Toa specifically, no other species.
- The Av-Matoran have the link powers because they are prototypes.
- Toa of Shadow may not necessairily have access to blindness, vertigo, and sloth.
- If an Av-Matoran were to link up with a Makuta, or a Shadow Matoran with a Toa, they would still unlock powers.
- The Matoran have to be in physical contact with the Toa (or Makuta) to use their powers.
- It does not matter which Toa a Matoran is linked with.
- When the Toa Nuva connect with the Av-Matoran, they remember Karda Nui's history, not their own.
- When the Phantoka Makuta are linked with the Matoran, they see through the Matoran's eyes, not their own.
- The link between the Shadow Matoran and Makuta that allows them to see is telepathic.
- The link powers of Radiak, Gavla, and Kirop were something they got when they became Shadow Matoran. As Av-Matoran again, they no longer have them. They are shadow powers.
- The link powers used by the Av-Matoran are all potential Toa of Light powers, but this would require training, and there is no one who can give that training.
- Greg does not know how Gali forced a mental link with Takua, but does not make sense to be his link power.
- If an Av-Matoran become a Shadow Matoran, the link power would probably change.
- Takua had a link power, but since he doesn't know what it was, he can't access it.
- The Visorak venom is not fatal, however the Toa Hordika will become full Rahi after a certain amount of time passes.
- Even though Hordika means "half-beast", and a Rahi mutated by Visorak venom would technically be fully a Rahi, it would still be correct to call them Hordika (As example used in this case, "Pewku Hordika") as they are more subject to being emotionally volatile than normal.
- A Toa Hordika who "went over the edge" would eventually become a Rahi.
- Mutated Rahi are not considered Hordika.
- Though they are half-beasts, the Mask of Kindred would not work on Hordika.
- A Makuta would have a good shot at influencing a Toa Hordika with their Rahi Control powers.
- On why Takanuva switches mask with Makuta before falling into the EP: "I think what Takanuva had in mind was basically mutual understanding -- if he could get Makuta to wear the Mask of Light, then he would be "enlightened" .. and if Takanuva donned the Mask of Shadow, then he would understand how Makuta saw the world. As it turned out, it sort of foreshadowed their merging into one being."
- Makuta was giving his all during his Kolhii fight with Takanuva. Takanuva stood a chance because his power was the perfect opposite. Makuta was likely weakned due to producing the six Kraata for the Rahkshi.
- Makuta wanted the Mask of Light because without it, there would never have been a Toa of Light. He later wanted to take it from Takanuva because Takanuva's elemental powers without the mask are too weak to bother Makuta.
- Makuta can only shapeshift when they are in their Makuta armor. The armor was made by Artakha out of Protosteel. If a Makuta leaves the body, it would most likely stay shapeshifted.
- The Corruption power destroys much slower than Shattering or Disintegration.
- "Tridak" is a typo. The correct spelling is Tridax.
- The teeth of Antroz's mask are part of the mask, however they are shapshifted onto it. They are considered a natural tool.
- Vican was not originally a Shadow Matoran, nor an Av-Matoran. He was of a different tribe and turned into a Shadow Matoran the same way the Av-Matoran were. As such, he does not have link powers.
- Most Av-Matoran in Karda Nui use their light-bending ability.
- The Shadow Matoran link-powers work like mask powers because that is what they were originally supposed to be mask powers.
- Wheather you are able to use the Avsa to drain someone of their light, or the Jutlin to rot away a city, has less to do with skill and more with willpower. Vamprah can the do the former, Antroz not so much on the latter.
- Gavla was chosen as the leader of the Shadow Matoran because she became a Shadow Matoran before Kirop did, and chosing the leader of the Av-Matoran would mean the Makuta respected Av-Matoran authority.
- There are other Av-Matoran that aid the Toa Nuva than the 3 in the sets.
- Vican being a Le-Matoran was stated on BIONICLE.com.
- Physically mutated Matoran can still become Toa. Mutation does not necessarily change our destiny. This includes mutations done by the Makuta or Pit Mutagen. The Toa would still be mutated, however.
- Makuta can control or influence Shadow Leeches the same way they can with Kraata. (Assuming it is true that they can do that with Kraata.)
- Twilight Takanuva is not more powerful, for he is a divided individual.
- The Avohkii, as a Toa "Stone," would only have actived if used by Av-Matoran, not other for Matoran of other tribes.
- The light barrier in Karzahni may have been set up by the Order of Mata Nui to prevent Av-Matoran from entering.
- Mutran mutated all of the Shadow Matoran, not just the ones in the sets.
- The Avsa is more flexible than Vorahk's power. Vorahk can only absorb one thing.
- A Makuta is weakened without their mask.
- It is doubtful a Makuta could possess a Rahkshi or a Bohrok, they are not "real robots."
- It is doubtful Vezok could handle absorbing all 42 Kraata Powers, much like how Krahka could not handle six Toa elements.
- The Makuta's wings are part of their armor. They can fly using their wings or using their control over gravity. They can fly regardless of the size of shape of their wings.
- Makuta cannot remove their mass. When they shapeshift into smaller forms, their mass is shunted off somewhere else; the same thing happens when someone uses the Kanohi Pehkui to shrink. The only way to take another Makuta's mass is to absorb the Makuta themself.
- It probably isn't healthy for Makuta to wear & use the Avohkii?
- When Makuta create Kraata, their essence temporarily decreases. They can reabsorb Kraata.
- Makuta can only use one Kraata Power at a time.
- The Makuta have access to lower levels of the Kraata Powers, not just the highest level.
- Vultraz is a Shadow-leeched Ta-Matoran, like Vican is a Shadow-leeched Le-Matoran.
- The Makuta are able to shapeshift their weapons.
- Artakha made the Makuta masks.
- As part of the shapeshifting nature of the armor, Makuta are able to change their color.
- The Avsa can probably drain a Makuta's energy essence.
- The Makuta's blindness damage is part of their armor, not their essence. If they changed to a different armor, they would be able to see.
- Makuta are able to sense if another Makuta is nearby, however not exactly where they are.
- The poison of Antroz's and Spiriah's poisonous fangs have the effect that poison normally has.
- There are ways to reverse Mutran's experiments made on the Shadow Matoran. The wings are part of the mutations done by Mutran.
- Makuta do not need sleep, but they can be knocked out.
- Shadow Leeches have a very short lifespan.
- There is only one Avohkii. An Avohkii is not required for turning an Av-Matoran into a Toa; any other method, such as a Toa Stone or the lightning from the Red Star, would work. A Toa of Light can wear any mask.
- The Mask of Disruption would trigger a Toa's elemental power even if they're not using it, since that is the only power they have. It does not work on Kanohi. The user is not able to pick which power is triggered; in the case of the Makuta, it would be whatever power they were currently using.
- Takanuva's tool is called the Power Lance. It has no powers other than what is channeled through it. Whether it is channeling light or shadow depends on which hand he is holding it in.
- Since Makuta are shapeshifters, they make their masks look like anything they want to, even the Kraahkan as shown in World.
- Mutran changed the Shadow Matoran's masks.
- As far as Greg is aware, there have not been other masks with multiple powers, besides the Avohkii, Kraahkan, and Golden Masks.
- Vican was the first Shadow Matoran, and Vultraz the second.
- Not all Av-Matoran were down in Karda Nui when the Toa Mata were there -- some were up in the villages, and so not all of them met the Toa.
- Though Pit Mutagen mutates a Makuta's energy form, Makuta armor is airtight. The Pit Mutagen did not mutate Teirdax or Icarax in the Pit because it could not reach their energy form.
- Makuta cannot shapeshift into much larger beyond their standard size, because it requires them to absorb more mass.
- Radiak has four legs due to Mutran's mutations.
- It was not Vamprah who drained Vultraz's light, it was another Makuta.
- If the Mistika Makuta left their armor and got new armor, they would be able to shapeshift and use their old powers. However, it is not just their armor that is mutated.
- Icarax did not get mutated while in the Pit because he was near the surface, not at the depths where the mutagen is.
- In the present of 2008, no evil Toa are working for the Brotherhood of Makuta.
- The masks of the Makuta are made of Protosteel.
- Teridax (as the Great Spirit) could not create natural Matoran of Shadow.
- Spherus Magna inhabitants cannot use Rhotuka.
- The Av-Matoran were still in Metru Nui as of 2009. The former Shadow Matoran had not yet been cured of their mutations, but they had rid themselves of the Makuta masks.
- Some of the Matoran of Karzahni were still in Metru Nui as of 2009, others had left. All of them were rebuilt into stronger forms. There were possibly Matoran that were not of the Metru Nui elements.
- Vican went with the Av-Matoran to Metru Nui. He kept his mask, and does not wish to have his mutations undone, to remind himself of his mistake - allying with the Makuta by choice.
- The Shadow Takanuva encounted by Mazeka and Melding Teridax were the same ones Tobduk encountered. They still wore Avohkii.
- Makuta can only use one power at a time.
- The strength of a Makuta's power compared to Kraata levels depends on their willpower.
- Quick Healing only heals organics.
- Makuta Powers such as Fire Resistance must be consciously activated.
- Molecular Disruption and Disintegration differ in that they achieve the same effect in different ways.
- Accuracy cannot be used in conjunction with a Shadow Hand or similar powers.
This is the mighty Takanuva. His superior tool, the powerful mask, and his incredible courage make him a mighty leader of the Toa, and a defender of the island of Mata Nui.
Takanuva is the legendary seventh Toa, the Toa of Light, who is destined to free the Matoran from the dark power of Makuta. Takanuva is noble and wise, and possesses a great deal of knowledge about the history of Mata Nui and its people. However, he has much to learn in a short time if he’s going to save the island from Makuta. Takanuva wears the Kanohi Avohkii, the Great Mask of Light, and carries the Staff of Light.
Takanuva can focus his powers through his Staff of Light. The tool can be used to scoop up and hurl spheres of Light energy.
The Kanohi Avohkii is the Great Mask of Light, worn by Takanuva. The Mask of Light glows brightly, and its power is that it can bring light to darkness. Takanuva can use it to turn a foe’s anger into feelings of peace, or freeze an opponent in a column of brilliant light."
— Rahkshi Mini Promo CDs
"Guardian of the Mask of Life, Umbra has incredible light-based powers and ultra-speed skates which make him unstoppable. His dual-strobe sword spreads fear amongst the Toa."
— Products - 8625 - Umbra, BIONICLE.com
"Guardian of the Mask of Life!
The mighty Umbra has served as guard of the powerful Mask of Life for almost 100,000 years. His incredible light-based powers and ultra-speed skates make him a formidable foe for Toa and Piraka alike. How do you stop an enemy so fast he can turn into a beam of light? The Toa must find out, or their quest will come to a shattering end.
*Includes awesome dual-strobe sword that really lights up!
*Includes Rhotuka spinner and launcher!"
— Umbra | BIONICLE & Toys, LEGO Shop
Quote: "Toa serve an important purpose in this world -- they help me keep my claws sharp."
Personality: Antroz if the leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta forces in Karda Nui and an accomplished warrior. He is well aware that he has to deal with powerful personalities in the other Makuta and the need to make sure he retains their respect. Unlike the Makuta of Metru Nui, he never underestimates a foe. Antroz is a rare Makuta who has some sense of honor and would rather win a fight fairly than cheat.
Mask: Kanohi Jutlin, the Mask of Corruption. Causes items to slowly rot and break down.
Equipment: Tridax pod; claws; teeth"
— "Antroz And Radiak." GregF's Blog, 12 December, 2007. BZPower
"Armed with a Tridax Pod, powerful claws and poisonous fangs, Makuta Antroz is ready to lead the Brotherhood of Makuta into battle. This powerful warrior tears through the air on bat-like wings. Combine with 8947 Radiak!"
— Products - Phantoka: 8691 Antroz, BIONICLE.com
Antroz is the leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta forces in Karda Nui. Aggressive, he is not really a long-range planner, more a fierce warrior. In his opinion, complex tactics and strategies don’t win battles – crushing your enemy before he crushes you wins battles. Unlike the Makuta of Metru Nui, he never underestimates a foe.
Mask: Kanohi Jutlin, Mask of Corruption. Causes items to rot and break down.
Weapons: Tridak pod with shadow leeches; claws; teeth
Peculiarity: Antroz is a rare Makuta who has some sense of honor. For example, he’d prefer to win in a fair fight than to hit from behind.
Quote: “Toa serve an important purpose in this world – they help me keep my claws sharp.”"
— Bios - Phantoka: Antroz, BIONICLE.com
"Dark ruler of Karda Nui!
Armed with a Tridax Pod, Mask of Corruption, powerful claws and poisonous fangs, Antroz leads the Brotherhood of Makuta forces in Karda Nui into the fight. This powerful warriors tears through the air on bat-like wings.
*Combine with 8947 Radiak for a flight of fear!
*Tridax Pod holds 4 shadow leeches!
*Antroz has 6" (15cm) bat-like wings, armed with 3½" (9cm) blades and stands 7½" (19cm) tall!"
— Antroz | Phantoka, LEGO Shop
As fierce a fighter for the side of shadow as he ever was for light, Radiak was once the biggest hero among the Av-Matoran. Now that he has been corrupted, he delights in challenging his former friends to combat and then seeing them ambushed by the Makuta.
Equipment: Four legs blades; teeth
Powers: Can shoot shadow energy from his blades; sloth -- can make a target too slow and lazy to get away (accessible only when riding a Makuta)."
— "Antroz And Radiak." GregF's Blog, 12 December, 2007. BZPower
"Once a great hero, Radiak has been mutated to fight against his former friends using his fangs, black wings and four wickedly sharp leg blades. Combine with 8691 Antroz!"
— Products - Matoran: 8947 Radiak, BIONICLE.com
He is as fierce a fighter for the side of Shadow as he ever was for Light, and he takes special delight in challenging his former friends to combat and then seeing them ambushed by the Makuta.
Weapons: Four leg blades; teeth
Quote: “Why are you hiding? You always used to talk so brave … come out and fight!”"
— Bios - Matoran: Radiak, BIONICLE.com
"A hero gone bad!
Once a great Matoran hero, Radiak now fights his former friends with wings, fangs and four wickedly sharp blades.
*Combine with 8691 Antroz to make a fearsome duo!
*Radiak has red eyes, wings, and two 4" (10cm) long blades!
*Stands 5½" (14cm) tall!"
— Radiak | Matoran, LEGO Shop
Quote: Vamprah does not speak.
Weapons: Tridak pod with shadow leeches; claws; knife-sharp wings
Personality: Vamprah is the true hunter among the Makuta, who delights in silently stalking his prey. Even his allies are uncomfortable around him. Thanks to his mask power and his own experiments, he now literally feeds on the hopes and dreams of others. Vamprah hates to see a hunt end too soon and will often toy with his prey before feeding.
Mask: Kanohi Avsa, Mask of Hunger -- allows Vamprah to drain his choice of light, energy or positive emotions from a target at a distance. His preference is always the latter, but he will drain energy when in combat."
— "Vamprah." GregF's Blog, 11 December, 2007. BZPower
"Swooping through the air on his huge black wings, Makuta Vamprah is one creepy character. He is ready for action with his Tridax Pod, vicious hooks and razor-sharp wing knives. Combine with 8948 Gavla!"
— Products - Phantoka: 8692 Vamprah, BIONICLE.com
Vamprah is the true hunter among the Makuta, who delights in silently stalking his prey. Even his allies are uncomfortable around him. Thanks to his mask power and his own experiments, he now literally feeds on the hopes and dreams of others.
Peculiarity: Vamprah hates to see a hunt end too soon, and will often toy with his prey before feeding on their light.
Mask: Kanohi Avsa, Mask of Hunger – allows Vamprah to drain light/energy from a target over a distance
Weapons: Tridak pod with shadow leeches; claws; knife-sharp wings"
— Bios - Phantoka: Vamprah, BIONICLE.com
"Silent hunter of the sky!
Diving silently through the air on his huge black wings, Makuta Vamprah strikes fear into the hearts of even the other Brotherhood members. He's ready to crush the Toa Nuva with his Mask of Hunger, vicious hook claws, razor-sharp wing knives, and Tridax Pod with shadow leeches.
*Combine with 8948 Gavla to double the destruction!
*Tridax Pod holds 4 shadow leeches!
*Vamprah stands 7" (18cm) tall!"
— Vamprah | Phantoka, LEGO Shop
Quote: "You might say I saw the light ... by looking into the darkness."
Equipment: Four legs blades; teeth
Personality: Leader of the shadow Matoran, Gavla's hatred for her own people makes her a formidable enemy. She fights the Matoran of Light as much because she enjoys it as because she has been ordered to.
Weapons: Claws blades; teeth
Powers: Vertigo -- can disrupt the sense of balance in a target (when linked with Makuta only); shadow energy"
— "Gavla." GregF's Blog, 15 December, 2007. BZPower
Leader of the shadow Matoran, Gavla’s hatred for her own people makes her a formidable enemy. She fights the Matoran of Light as much because she enjoys it as because she has been ordered to.
Weapons: Claw blades; teeth
Quote: “You might say I saw the light … by looking into the darkness.”"
— Bios - Matoran: Gavla, BIONICLE.com
"Out for revenge!
The first Matoran of Light to be corrupted by the Makuta, Gavla is out to avenge years of being shunned by her own people.
*Combine with 8692 Vamprah to threaten the freedom of every Matoran!
*Gavla has red eyes, wings and 3½" (9cm) long twin blades!
*Stands 5½" (14cm) tall!"
— Gavla | Matoran, LEGO Shop
"We knew what to do with Toa on Destral ... raw material for my Rahi, that's what they were."
Chirox is one of the Brotherhood's top scientists, but is best known for the fact that the Rahi he creates tend to be vicious and destructive. He is less of a warrior than Antroz, but more cunning, and much more likely to fight dirty. He lives to do experiments, always tinkering with Rahi to make them more monstrous, and is quick to point out how much better his creations are than those of Mutran.
Weapons: Tridax pod; blades
Mask: Kanohi Shelek, the Mask of Silence -- can cause a target to temporarily lose the ability to speak or hear."
— "Chirox And Kirop." GregF's Blog, 13 December, 2007. BZPower
"The most skilled at using the Tridox Pod shadow leeches, Makuta Chirox unfolds his wings to soar into the sky! Battle-scarred, he attacks with nasty blade hooks. Combine with 8949 Kirop!"
— Products - Phantoka: 8693 Chirox, BIONICLE.com
Chirox is one of the Brotherhood’s top scientists, but is best known for the fact that the Rahi he creates tend to be vicious and destructive. He is less of a warrior than Antroz, but more cunning, and much more likely to fight dirty.
Peculiarity: Chirox lives to do experiments, and is always tinkering with the flying and swimming beasts of Karda Nui to create new and more monstrous creatures.
Mask: Kanohi Shelek, Mask of Silence – can cause a target to temporarily lose the ability to hear or speak
Weapons: Tridak pod with shadow leeches; hook blades; teeth
Quote: “We knew what to do with Toa on Destral – raw material for my Rahi, that’s what they were.”"
— Bios - Phantoka: Chirox, BIONICLE.com
"Mad master of shadows!
When there is evil to be done, insane genius Makuta Chirox unfolds his wings and takes to the sky. Armed with a Tridax Pod, blade hooks, and Mask of Silence, this twisted being creates bizarre creatures and brings darkness to Karda Nui.
*Combine with 8949 Kirop for twice the menace!
*Tridax Pod holds 4 shadow leeches!
*Chirox has 4½" blades and stands 7½" (19 cm) tall!"
— Chirox | Phantoka, LEGO Shop
"All those years we spent hiding in the light ... we were wrong. We should have embraced the darkness from the start."
Forner leader of the Matoran of Light, Kirop has become their most dangerous enemy because he knows everything about all of them.
Powers: Sight stealing -- can make a target temporarily blind; can fire shadow energy from his claw blades"
— "Chirox And Kirop." GregF's Blog, 13 December, 2007. BZPower
"Once the leader of the Av-Matoran, Kirop has become a real threat to them since his capture by the Makuta. Large claw blades and wings are his best weapons. Combine with 8693 Chirox!"
— Products - Matoran: 8949 Kirop, BIONICLE.com
Former leader of the Matoran of Light, Kirop has become their most dangerous enemy because he knows everything about all of them. He dislikes Gavla because she has been given the authority he feels should have been his.
Weapons: Claws; teeth
Quote: “All those years we spent hiding in the light … we were wrong. We should have embraced the darkness from the start.”"
— Bios - Matoran: Kirop, BIONICLE.com
"Out for revenge!
Leader of the evil Matoran!
Once he was the leader of the Matoran in Karda Nui -- now he rules the evil Matoran who threaten their lives! Large claw blades and wings are his most formidable weapons.
*Combine with 8693 Chirox to spread darkness and fear!
*Kirop has red eyes, wings and large claw blades!
*Stands 5½" (14cm) tall!"
— Kirop | Matoran, LEGO Shop
Mutran and Vican
"Deep in the heart of a hidden cavern, evil Mutran and his servant Vican guard the shadow leech hives. With claws, blades, spears, and armored wings, they are ready to fight off any attack. Set includes both figures, Tridax pod with shadow leeches and more. Figures combine so they can go into battle together!"
— Products - Warriors: 8952 Mutran and Vican, BIONICLE.com
"Mutran and Vican
Mutran is the Brotherhood’s master of mutation, having turned a simple Le-Matoran into the monstrous Vican and kraata into shadow leeches. Well past the point of insanity, Mutran has been assigned to breed the leeches and guard the cavern in which it’s done. Vican serves his faithfully, partly out of his own madness, partly in hope that Mutran will return him to his former shape if he does a good job.
Mask: Kanohi Shelek, Mask of Silence – can cause a target to temporarily lose the ability to hear or speak
Weapons: Shadow blade; shadow spear; claws
Powers: Mutran has the power of flight and has access to all 40+ Makuta powers. He can also wield shadow energies."
— Bios - Warriors: Mutran and Vican, BIONICLE.com
"Mad genius of the Makuta!
Deep in the heart of a vast hive, evil Makuta Mutran and his servant Vican guard the shadow leech vats. With claws, blades, spears and armored wings, they are prepared to fight off any attack.
*Set includes both figures, Tridak pod with shadow leeches, and more!
*Figures combine so they can go into battle together!
*Mutran has claws, fangs, wings, blade, Tridak pod with shadow leeches, and a 9" (23cm) long spear!
*Vican has red eyes, wings and claws!
*Mutran stands 9" (23cm) tall and Vican is 4½" (11cm) tall!"
— Mutran and Vican | Warriors, LEGO Shop
"Makuta Icarax is the ultimate winged warrior of shadow! He can batter his foes with his massive shield, drive them down with his rotating shadow sword, or crush them in his clawed hands. Can any power in the universe hope to stop him? Includes Tridax pod with four shadow leeches."
— Products - Warriors: 8953 Makuta Icarax, BIONICLE.com
This deadly foe has immense strength and toughness, and has access to shadow energy and all 40+ powers of the Makuta. Unlike the Makuta of Karda Nui, Icarax was not blinded by the burst of light when the Mask of Life was used.
Mask: Kanohi Kraahkan, Mask of Shadows
Weapons: Rotating blade; shield
Quote: “I have fought tougher Toa than you before. And as I stepped over their bodies, I will step over yours.”"
— Bios - Warriors: Makuta Icarax, BIONICLE.com
"Warrior of shadow!
Icarax is the ultimate winged Makuta warrior! With his twin sword, rotating shadow blades, Mask of Shadow, and Tridax pod, he is ready to crush any Toa opponent! Can any power in the universe hope to stop him?
*Includes Tridax pod with four shadow leeches!
*Turn the handle to spin the shadow blades!
*Icarax stands 10" (25cm) tall!
*Twin sword measures over 10" (25cm) long!"
— Makuta Icarax | Phantoka, LEGO Shop
"He strikes from the mist like a phantom, appearing and disappearing at will! With his venomous fangs and Nynrah ghost blaster, Krika may be the strangest and most ruthless enemy the Toa Nuva have ever faced. Combine with 8949 Kirop."
— Products - Mistika: 8694 Krika, BIONICLE.com
Krika was the first of the Makuta to enter the waters of the swamp, and the first and most severely mutated. Now he is, in many ways, little more than a phantom – he cannot be seen by any mechanical means and cannot be seen with the naked eye until he is right on top of you.
Mask: Kanohi Crast, the Mask of Repulsion.
Weapons: Nynrah ghost blaster; poisonous fangs
Quote: “Our great plan... it has cost the rest of the Brotherhood time and treasure... it has cost me far more.”"
— Bios - Mistika: Krika, BIONICLE.com
"Phantom of the swamp!
He strikes from the mist like a ghost, appearing and disappearing at will! With his venomous fangs, Mask of Repulsion, and Nynrah ghost blaster, Krika may be the strangest and most ruthless foe the Toa Nuva have ever faced!
*Combine with 8949 Kirop for more action!
*Nynrah ghost blaster really fires!
*Front venomous fangs are 8" (20cm) long!
*Stands 9" (23cm) tall!"
— Krika | Mistika, LEGO Shop
"Gorast uses her stinger to feed on the light of the Toa Nuva and her Mask of Disruption to make the Toa’s powers go wild. She has four claw arms, a Nynrah ghost blaster and two blades. Combine with 8947 Radiak."
— Products - Mistika: 8695 Gorast, BIONICLE.com
Although mutated by the swamp waters, Gorast doesn’t care – if this is what she has to go through for the Plan to work, so be it. She cares nothing for her personal safety and is much more courageous in battle than most Makuta. The mutation has turned her into a creature who feeds on light and she has already corrupted much of the wildlife in the swamp.
Mask: Kanohi Felnas, the Mask of Disruption.
Weapons: Blades, Nynrah ghost blaster, claws, stinger
Quote: “Our lives don’t matter. Only the Plan matters. Long after we are gone, Matoran will remember this day with dread.”"
— Bios - Mistika: Gorast, BIONICLE.com
"Savage warrior of the Makuta!
Makuta Gorast is known throughout the universe for her raw power and violent rage. With four claw arms, Mask of Disruption and Nynrah ghost blaster, even other Makuta have reason to fear her might.
*Combine with 8947 Radiak for more action in the air!
*Gorast has 4 claw arms, stinger and Nynrah ghost blaster that really fires!
*Stands 6" (15cm) tall!"
— Gorast | Mistika, LEGO Shop
"Time is Bitil’s greatest weapon – allowing him to call on other versions of himself from the past to fight by his side. With his spikes, longsword, Nynrah ghost blaster, and an army of duplicates from the past, he may be unstoppable! Combine with 8949 Gavla."
— Products - Mistika: 8696 Bitil, BIONICLE.com
Bitil has never been the most powerful or prominent member of the Brotherhood, despite having formidable mask and weapon powers. Perhaps because he had such strong abilities and could be a threat, the other members kept him overseeing barren islands and away from any important work. He sees this fight as the chance to show he is worthy of being a Makuta and he won’t stop until he has personally eliminated every Toa Nuva.
Mask: Kanohi Mohtrek, the Mask of Time Duplication.
Weapons: Nynrah ghost blaster; longswords; spikes
Quote: “You against me? The odds are against you... because I never fight one on one... and time is on my side.”"
— Bios - Mistika: Bitil, BIONICLE.com
"Time is his weapon!
Makuta Bitil uses his Mask of Duplication to draw earlier versions of himself from the past, creating a fierce army of time-traveling warriors! Combined with his spikes, blades and Nynrah ghost blaster, this makes him an unstoppable foe!
*Combine with 8948 Gavla to soar into battle!
*Bitil is ready for battle with his spikes, blades and Nynrah ghost blaster that really fires!
*Stands 8" (20cm) tall!"
— Bitil | Mistika, LEGO Shop
"Mounted on his ultra-fast skyfighter, the evil Vultraz fires devastating bolts of shadow from his front-mounted Midak skyblaster. Can the Toa Nuva survive his sudden strikes, or will he bring their plans to a crashing halt?"
— Products - Vehicles: 8698 Vultraz, BIONICLE.com
Transformed into a shadow Matoran by Makuta Icarax, Vultraz has been a loyal servant to him ever since. His powerful skyfighter is armed with a Midak Skyblaster engineered to fire shadow bolts. He came to Karda Nui to aid Icarax in his plot to take over the Brotherhood of Makuta, never suspecting his arch-enemy Mazeka was on his trail. Now their final conflict begins!
Weapons: Vultraz’s skysled has been designed to channel his shadow energy into devastating bursts from the nose of the vehicle.
Quote: “I left the simple, innocent life of a Matoran behind me long ago. I buried it the same way I will bury you, Mazeka, if you don’t get out of my way.”"
— Bios - Matoran: Vultraz, BIONICLE.com
"Enemy of the Toa!
Mounted on his ultra-fast skyfighter, the evil Vultraz fires devastating bolts of shadow from its front-mounted blaster. Can the Toa Nuva survive his sudden strikes, or will he bring their mission in Karda Nui to a crushing end?
*Front-mounted Skyblaster really fires!
*Vultraz stands 5"" (13cm) tall!
*Skyfighter is 14"" (36cm) long and 10"" (25cm) wide!"
— Vultraz | Warriors, LEGO Shop
"Partially drained of light by a shadow leech, Takanuva struggles to hold off the corruption eating away at him. Armed with a Midak skyblaster and a giant 3-pronged power lance, this mighty power of light is a match for any foe!"
— Products - Warriors: 8699 Takanuva, BIONICLE.com
Since barely escaping the attack of a shadow leech, Takanuva has been torn between light and darkness. Despite this, he is determined to somehow save his friends from the Makuta and fulfill his destiny.
Mask: Kanohi Avohkii, the Mask of Light
Weapons: Staff of Light; Midak skyblaster (shoots spheres of light)
Powers: Master of light. Can banish darkness, fire lasers, create blinding flares, and create holographic projections. His powers have been seriously weakened by exposure to the shadow leech."
— Bios - Warriors: Takanuva, BIONICLE.com
"Toa of Light and Shadow!
After surviving an attack by the Makuta, Takanuva now finds himself controlling both the power of Light and the power of Shadow! Granted even greater power by the energies of Karda Nui, this mighty hero is ready for the fight. Armed with a Midak Skyblaster and a three-pronged power lance, he is ready to challenge any enemy.
*Midak Skyblaster really fires!
*Three-pronged power lance is 11"" (28cm) long!
*Takanuva stands 12"" (30cm) tall!"
— Takanuva | Warriors, LEGO Shop
"Nynrah Ghost Blaster
Created by the Nynrah artisans on the island of Xia, the ghost blasters are capable of two functions. Those carried by the Makuta enable the user to take control of anything mechanical in a target for a limited period of time. A Toa struck by a blast would find all his mechanical parts under the control of his enemy!
The Toa Nuva’s blasters create ghostly fields of energy around a foe which can be manipulated by the firer. The field can be anything from a basic cube that traps the target to a claw or chains made of pure energy. Since part of the energy is light, the Makuta are especially vulnerable to this weapon."
— Weapons - Nynrah Ghost Blaster, BIONICLE.com
Each of the bat-like Makuta has a Tridax Pod on its abdomen, in which are spawned the shadow leeches. Once a shadow leech is released and attaches to a target, it drains all light from its victim. Without light, the target turns evil and becomes a new ally of the Makuta. Each pod contains a maximum of four leeches at a time."
— Weapons - Tridax Pod, BIONICLE.com
These mighty weapons carried by the Toa Nuva launch powerful bursts of light – the one thing Makuta are most vulnerable to. But the Toa must be careful how often they use the Skyblasters, for the weapons draw their ammunition from the light of Karda Nui. Used too often, they could plunge the universe core into darkness."
— Weapons - Midak Skyblaster, BIONICLE.com
"It is … time-consuming,” said Teridax. “A Makuta must be a being utterly without doubt, or fear, or any trace of shadow, so it takes long years of meditation before one is ready to assume the title. The powers that once ran this world were mad with a hunger for power – the Great Beings created the Makuta as an answer to that.”"
— Brothers In Arms, Chapter 9