Hello, Toa Green Ninja, and welcome to the BS01 Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. We hope you like the place and decide to stay. As you can see, the BS01 Wiki is a place where you can type out all of the things you know about BIONICLE. If you don't know how to fully use the features of this Wiki, these will be some great links to look through:
We hope you enjoy editing and contributing to the biggest BIONICLE encyclopedia! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Try to remember, the Wiki Staff monitor the articles, and articles are edited constantly, so if any of your edits are reverted, or another edit is placed, don't worry about it. If you need help, just ask the existing members and someone will show up shortly to answer your questions.
Also, in order to improve this Wiki, your feedback is very much appreciated. To provide feedback, please place it on the Member Opinion Hub. If you have any questions regarding the Wiki in general, they can be placed on the Help Desk. If you have any criticisms to make regarding the BS01 Wiki staff, they can be placed onto the Complaint Center.
(After you have read and understood everything above and the notices below, feel free to remove this template.)
Looking for a project? Check out BIONICLEsector01: Maintenance. It lists many pages that need content, rewrites, etc. Check out what needs to be done and help make the BS01 Wiki perfect!
Please do not upload any of your personal images to the Wiki. Instead, use an image hosting site like Flickr for all of your image hosting needs.
You! I swear it feels like I've met you before, I'm not sure where? The name Green Ninja reminds of that user from the terrible Club Penguin WIKIA (wikia is awful), and the username Pufflepal26 reminds me of a user from the Bell Tree Forums, an Animal Crossing forum. Am I correct? You just seem awfully familiar... Anyways, Welcome! --Boidoh (talk) 23:57, 9 September 2014 (CEST)
So we definitely have a thing for quality here. And you seem to be uploading a lot of compressed jpegs loaded with artifacts... Please do try and save as .png or lossless .jpg please. --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
Hmm, that's that best quality I can get. I have no access to a computer (due to reasons I prefer not to discuss), so I use an iPad. I don't think uploading PNGs is possible from there, but I could make it work if you introduced an "upload from a URL" feature. Sorry... Toa Green Ninja (talk) 23:35, 11 October 2014 (CEST)
- Oh. Well.. That's unfortunate. :/ But it would explain the compression issues... No big deal then. What you upload is at least a good indicator for something some else could go hunt down the original source (if I find the time and motivation I would myself heh) to be of higher quality. So they'll do for now. --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
- (Talk page stalking) I'd be more than happy to add upload via URL here if you think it'd help you. --Meiko (talk) 19:18, 18 October 2014 (CEST)
Bionicle.com gives all the golden masks a "powers" suffix. The golden jungle mask is also worded horribly. -Shine 20:07, 13 October 2014 (CEST)
- You're wrong. Those biographies are not even remotely formatted and it makes things impossible to read. Some freaking periods or line breaks would go a LONG way. But nope, too darn lazy I bet...
- "Powers" is meant to be the next line. As in, "Tahu's powers are..." They are completely separate items of information, but whoever is writing these utterly failed at conveying any of that. --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
- Yeah, I see it now. Those paragraphs really do suck. -Shine 20:44, 13 October 2014 (CEST)
That's pretty cool. Nice to see someone like me on the wiki. Although, I truly started collecting in 2004, I did not become a true fan until 2006, when I got into the story. Ever since, I have been a fan of BIONICLE. I felt now that the reboot has started, I could start actually regularly contribute to another wiki besides the Marvel database. Other wikis have bigger fanbases, so I cannot really edit that much, since they have other users that get info first from so many websites. But now that BIONICLE has come back, I finally get the chance to add more info about my all-time favorite fandom.
Nice meeting you! Hope to see you again, and perhaps as more info rolls in, add more to the wiki. With adding sources, of course. :) Biological Chronicler - I wish you the speed of Pohatu, traveler! 22:44, 13 October 2014 (CEST)
See User Talk:Boidoh#Protector Masks for my full argument. TLDR: "Are they actually Masks of Power or are they just something they wear." Think of it as Hydraxon's helmet from 2007 - like a Kanohi in set form, but not one. So unless actually declared as such, we should not be assuming that they are. --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
Yes, we are super picky about every little thing, and it has served us very well. We do our absolute best to make sure no incorrect information goes on* and that we have no speculation. Especially going into a new storyline we need to be careful about how we are handling the little information we have so that when curious people come along we aren't giving them incorrect information. That makes us look bad. Not yet having it is a lot better than having it wrong. We're all excited for what is to come, but we try to restrain that when it comes to bringing new things onto this Wiki. We want it to be better than it was when we found it and were drawn in by the high standards that we found in the staff and in the editor-base.
- As far as the new story goes, we have to keep in mind that what we have is teaser information. Some of it is solid, some of it needs to be sat on for a while before we know for sure what the heck is going on and can compile an accurate entry for this wiki. It's great to see that you're ready to be bringing all this stuff on and ready to take responsibility for getting all the information drawn together, but I think you may want to take a step back and gauge the atmosphere for a while. For a while there we were just making pages willy nilly, but now the Articles for Creation process has been revived to make sure we aren't going too quickly. If the staff agree that the page is a no-brainer, either they'll make it themselves and say "Go for it!" or they'll just delete it from the AfC and let us do the making ourselves. If it isn't, then you'll get feedback from the other editors on whether or not it is time to create your page, or how you could make the page better in preparation for when it should be created! You can make a mock-up of your page in the Sandbox or you could make your own personal sandbox so that all the things you want to make are separate from others' projects.
In short: yeah, we're picky, and we have a picky process, but following that process and being discriminating about what we should and shouldn't be adding and when we should and shouldn't be adding it is a very important part of making sure that the wiki is functioning the way it should. Not that errors don't creep in. See Angel's latest edit to Sahmad for an example of something very wrong getting past us.
2015 Animation Images
- Just cropped out images of the NYCC presentation on BIONICLE's Facebook page. Toa Green Ninja - Bearer of the Mask of Spinjitzu (talk) 05:36, 18 October 2014 (CEST)
It's not that everybody hates your edits...
Hey. First of all, I'd like to say that I can testify that you are indeed an experienced wiki editor. I've been on a wiki you've edited on before, and I can say that your edits there (though the wiki and the wikia you edited on were at war at the time :P) were good. I'd like to say here, from my point of view, that it is not that everybody hates your edits. I think that most of them are pretty good. It is just that, from what I've learnt, the trivia section is supposed to be for stuff that isn't obvious. There are many gold coloured Kanohi that don't have any relation to the 'Golden Kanohi', like the Vahi, Ignika, and the Olmak. So basically, no one hates your edits, it is just that the moderating team here is more... strict than those of other wikis. If not then we would end up looking like the BIONICLE wikia. :P --Boidoh (talk) 22:30, 19 October 2014 (CEST)
Creating new pages
Hey there. I'm not a staff member, but I think you'd appreciate a piece of advice. We've re-established the AfC system for proposing the creation of new pages. Not all pages go through this process, but pages that not everyone might agree on, like the Prophesy of Heroes page you created, must go through that. It'll probably be deleted when a moderator comes online. --Vartemp Talk 19:17, 28 November 2014 (CET)
Unfortunately, due to how the software of BS01 works, uploading a large file (such as the unmodified Set images from Lego.com) has the potential of breaking the wiki on several pages. You'll have to resize the image from the original file down to a more suitable size when uploading (1000 pixels tall, for example). --talk|contribs) 04:26, 4 July 2015 (CEST)Owner (
Island of (the) Lost Masks Appearances
While we appreciate you adding the appearances for the new book, the page is probably going to be renamed, and someone is going to have to change the links too. So next time, hold off on adding the appearances until the page is renamed. :) --Vartemp Talk 19:30, 1 September 2015 (CEST)
I know some other wikis may not care so much about red links, but on BS01, we try not to have red links on mainspace pages, so wait until images for the 2016 sets are uploaded before you add the set images back. --Vartemp Talk 23:46, 6 December 2015 (CET)