Somebody posted a couple potential translations for some of the names of the Kabaya Combiners in the Combiner Database Google Doc I started, and I was wondering if we wanted to use them. Here's what they said:
- The Kabaya Turaga Combiners are called Turaga Kaita Alpha, Turaga Kaita Beta, and Turaga Kaita Gamma. I never noticed it before, but there are alpha, beta, and gamma characters following the Japanese labels on the back of the box, as seen here.
- The main Kabaya Bohrok Va Combiner is called Bohrok Va Kaita, With the other two models labeled as Bohrok Va Kaita Recombination 1 and Bohrok Va Kaita Recombination 2. You can see little 1 and 2 labels under the two models on either side on the back of the box here.
- The Turahk/Panrahk combiner is called Fighting Type Rahkshi, and the Kurahk/Lerahk combiner is called Undersea Combat Type Rahkshi. These names probably came off of the instruction sheet, but since I know no Japanese, I have no way to verify that these translations are accurate.
Do we want to use these names on the set pages? The models are non-canon, so it's not strictly accurate that they depict Kaita or Rahkshi, but on the other hand, it's nice to have officially provided names. Personally, I think the Turaga names are kind of neat, and the Greek letters on the packaging convince me that the translation's good, so I'd be for using those names. In the Bohrok Va's case, there's little difference between "Alternate 1" and "Recombination 1", so I could go either way. The Rahkshi names just sound weird, so I think I'd like to wait until someone else can verify those names. If those are just two out of many possible translations, that might make a difference. That's my two cents. Any thoughts? --Volitak Boxor (talk) 22:06, 5 July 2015 (CEST)
- Oooh, those are some cool names. I might double check the Rahkshi ones, but that's some good stuff. -- Dorek Talk 02:34, 6 July 2015 (CEST)
- So found the instructions for the Rahkshi  . Using google translate, Undersea Combat and Fighing seems correct -- However, I am not sure it's translating the whole names. I'm going to have to figure out each symbol by hand and throw them in the translator that way. ~ Wolk (talk) 18:47, 23 April 2021 (UTC)
- I return to say that, yes, those names are correct. The small text is just a pronounciation guide for the Kanji... xD I also looked at the Kolhii Matoran one, it does not seem to be given a name. I believe the opening paragraph states these are Rahkshi fusions. Are we cool with implimenting 'Fighting Type Rahkshi' and 'Undersea Combat Type Rahkshi' as the names, then? ~ Wolk (talk) 17:23, 3 May 2021 (UTC)