|Powers||Detection of Toa Power|
Resistance to elemental powers
Wary of the threat the Toa could pose to the inhabitants of Spherus Magna if they came into conflict, the Great Beings created a living weapon to hunt down and destroy Toa. They named it Marendar, after an Agori word meaning "salvation."[TYQ, Ch. 1] Marendar was placed in a vault beneath Bara Magna to be released if the Toa went rogue.
After 100,000 years, Mata Nui reformed Spherus Magna, and dozens of Toa emerged onto the planet. Detecting an influx of Toa Power, Marendar activated and smashed through the wall of its vault.[TYQ, Ch. 1]
Abilities and Traits
- Marendar was developed around the same time as the elemental power inhibitor, but by different Great Beings.
- Velika may have helped to create Marendar.
- BZPower: Farshtey Feed, 9 January 2012 (archive)
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 8 August 2014 (archive)
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 29 May 2015
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 26 May 2015
- The TTV Massage Boards: Ask Greg - Questions about Marednar, Krakua, etc.?, 31 May 2017
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 30 September 2016
- Greg Farshtey provided this pronunciation on the BZPower forums, where the slang term "mah" was filtered to its standard form "my." As such, the pronunciation was erroneously listed as "my-renn-DARR." It is unclear whether the original syllable was intended as "MAH" or "mah" as it seems BZPower's software filtered both strings to an all-lowercase "my."
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets