- Go for it. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 23:38, 15 December 2016 (CET)
Lego message boards deletion
Wasn't really sure where else to post this since it's about our sourcing... but apparently all the stuff on the lego message boards is going to be deleted come the end of february. since we source so many things greg said by simply linking to the message boards, is there a way we can archive stuff before it all gets taken down? Intelligence4 (talk) 19:54, 6 January 2017 (CET)
- We should find the "webarchives" versions of the posts before the LMB is deleted. -- Surel-Nuva (Talk) 19:59, 6 January 2017 (CET)
- I believe we should archive all the pages, not singular posts (it would take too much time). At least, that's what I'm doing. As of now, I've archived the first 50 pages of CwGF.
- --OnionShark 21:23, 6 January 2017 (CET)
- No, there are many pages wich have not been archived.
- --OnionShark 12:20, 7 January 2017 (CET)
- I checked some random pages and they weren't archived, 272, 329, 822 and 823.
- --OnionShark 20:18, 7 January 2017 (CET)
- Eh, you checked these pages in different archived days? If you didn't, you need to. Like when I added the archived comics' links to the articles, I should count with the days. Like the Ignition comics. Most of them have an archive link for December 6, but one of them doesn't have for Dec 6. just for Dec 11. -- Surel-Nuva (Talk) 20:27, 7 January 2017 (CET)
- Sorry, but I don't understand what you're talking about. I just copy&pasted the links to WA's search bar and I got a page that said "Wayback Machine doesn't have that archived" and "this page is available on the web." Could you please explain what you're saying? Thanks =)
- --OnionShark 20:40, 7 January 2017 (CET)
- Check the Ignition Comics. Comics: 6-11's archive date is " 6 December 2008". Comic 12's archive date is "11 December 2008". Comics: 13-15's archive date is "6 December 2008". The Comic 12 doesn't have an archived page with the "6 December 2008" date, like the other comics, but have with the "11 December 2008" as wall as the "5 April 2008", "4 June 2008", and "12 September 2008" dates. --Surel-Nuva (Talk) 22:56, 7 January 2017 (CET)
- I know, but when you put a link into the search bar, it already shows you all the times it was archived, so I'm not getting your point.
- --OnionShark 23:47, 7 January 2017 (CET)
@OnionShark All those pages are archived: 272, 329, 822, 823. When I first searched for 822, archive.org claimed it didn't have an archive, but the archive was accessible from a link on page 823's archive. A few minutes later, the archive shows up as expected when you search for it. So I think archive.org did collect all the archives when I ran the script, but my guess is it won't process them for searching until someone actually runs a search. But as long as the pages are archived, we should be all good. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 00:18, 8 January 2017 (CET)
- While you're at it, could you run an archive selection on https://community.lego.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/category-id/1001/user-id/2643692 This page is a list of all of Greg's posts, with direct links to each of their locations in the main forum. Toa Magnemite (talk) 09:36, 8 January 2017 (CET)
- So, should we replace all reference links with web-archive links? -- 18:51, 18 January 2017 (CET)
- I've been hesitant because I kinda want to save the links again when everything's closed, just so all the archive links have the last page listed in the page nav at the top right corner (so you can navigate to the last page from any page). That's a really minor thing though... so yeah I think we should go for it. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 06:52, 20 January 2017 (CET)
Morris, have you ran the script again? If so, can you confirm that all the pages are available? ~OnionShark 07:49, 6 March 2017 (CET)
- @OnionShark, if a page haven't been archived, the wayback machine give you the option to archive it. But maybe only the "highlighted" question links weren't archived, the pages themselves were. So, search the pages, without the "highlighting" the question. If there's no archived versions, you can make it. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 10:09, 25 March 2017 (CET)
- Eh, highlights are too much work. Just link to the normal page, but stick the post's hash at the end like this: https://web.archive.org/web/20170305110153/https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/321#M232484 -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 09:06, 26 March 2017 (CET)
So, there is a number of sources that I haven't been able to find anywhere. They include:
- The BZP topic in which GregF revealed info on the Fohrok;
- The entries for the Unofficial German Bionicle Magazine contests (Kirbold, Kyry, the Cave Shrike) and the BZP topics that announced the winners;
- The entries for the KanohiJournal contests (Aqua Blaster Blade, Surel Iron Wolves, Nikila) and the pages on the site where the winners were announced;
- The entries for the BS01 contests (Certavus, Melding Terry, Tobduk) and wherever the winners were announces;
- The BZP polls that decided Icarax's, Kojol's, Tridax's, and the Makuta of Stelt's Kanohi, and the Hero Agori's tribe;
- The suggestions that the Bionicle Story Squad approved;
Does anyone know where I could find them? I didn't have a link for most of them, and the ones that I had links for were not on Web Archive. I know that a few people archived some BZP topics or made transcripts of them, but I'm not sure how we could find non-BZP stuff. If we don't find them Fohrok, Kirbold, Kyry, Cave Shrike, Aqua Blaster Blade, Surel, Iron Wolf, Nikila, Certavus, Teridax (The Melding Alternate Universe), Tobduk, Icarax, Kojol, Tridax, Makuta of Stelt, Mask of Scavenging, Kanohi/Other Kanohi, Hero Agori and The Pit will be stuck with a CN tag forever even though we know that those details are canon. Please, if you have a transcript, or know where to find one of this sources, link/share it here. ~OnionShark 21:20, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- wasn't the winning entry for the melding terry's design in the lego magazine? idk why i remember that, but i thought that's where it was for some reason - but then again, i stopped receiving the magazine after 2007, so perhaps i'm wrong about that. also, about the bzp polls that decided the kanohi of icarax, kojol, etc: kojol's page doesn't list his kanohi, but i'm pretty sure that icarax's was determined in some story media... and that it had something to do with why vultraz wore a mask of scavenging. were the polls not approved, and that's why the kanohi aren't listed? (for kojol, anyway) Intelligence4 (talk) 22:16, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- Category:Articles in Need of Citations. ~OnionShark 22:26, 26 February 2017 (CET)