Please take the template off the page and put it here, staffers... Kraahlix
Could a staffy either rewrite this or unlock it please? :/
- Does this even need rewriting? It looks Wikified to me. ~Masketh-Kahn (Talk/Contributions\ Sandbox) 21:15, 13 November 2008 (PST)
Most BS01 formatting uses Wiki markup.
Designing page elements on BS01 Wiki articles requires different tactics than used in writing with a standard word processor program. Instead of editing in rich text, we use simple keyboard character codes for formatting. Some markup is similar to the codes used in HTML on web pages, but generally Wiki markup is simpler.
BS01 accepts some HTML tags, but editors commonly use the built-in MediaWiki markup language, which is designed for ease of editing.
Bold and Italics
The most commonly used tags on BS01 are bold and italics. bolding and italicizing are done by surrounding a word or phrase with multiple apostrophes ('):
- ''italics'' appears as italics. (2 apostrophes on both sides)
- '''bold''' appears as bold. (3 apostrophes on both sides)
- '''''bolded italics''''' appears as bolded italics. (5 apostrophes on both sides)
Note: You can type multiple quote characters by surrounding them in <pre> or <nowiki> tags.
It is a BIONICLEsector01 convention to bold the subject of an article when it is first mentioned in the article. For example, the article Tahu starts:
If there are alternatives to the title the same applies, for example Piruk starts:
- Stealthy and quick, Piruk can sneak in and out of enemy bases to gather information...
Another BIONICLEsector01 convention is to italicize books', movies' and computer/video games' titles. If the first mention of the subject of an article that is also a book or movie title then bold italics are used. For example, the article BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa starts:
- Bionicle Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa was the first Bionicle book released in 2003...
Headings and Subheadings
Using headings and subheadings is the traditional method for organizing articles. If you can see two or more distinct topics being discussed, you may seperate the article by inserting headings for each section.
Headings can be created like this:
- ==Top level heading== (2 equals signs)
- ===Subheading=== (3 equals signs)
- ====Another level down==== (4 equals signs)
If an article has at least four headings, a table of contents will automatically be generated. You may try creating a heading in the Sandbox. It will be added automatically to the table of contents on the page, provided three others already exist.
Images are often used to decorate or illustrate a page, so see the image tutorial for instructions on image formats and other help.
For more edit formating, see here.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets