Art Book MoC Contest
Gathered friends, welcome to Legends and Infamy, a BS01 contest for the ages! At the top of our prize list we have a one of a (hundred) kind: the limited production Art of LEGO BIONICLE art books, featuring concept art from Generation 2 of BIONICLE. Only 100 copies of these books exist in the world, so don't miss out! Read on for more details.
This contest will be split into two categories: Legends and Infamy. In the Legends category, you're tasked with building a BIONICLE character (G1 or G2, we're not picky!) on the "Hero" side of the spectrum... only reimagined as a VILLAIN.
Then, on the Infamy side, you're to take a traditional villain and, you guessed it, turn them into a hero! How you do this is up to you, but be sure to read all the rules before entering!
You all have thirty (30) days to build. We will accept entries up to Saturday, June 30th, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. Voting will begin after the entry time has closed.
For this competition we have a first and second place winner in each category, for a total of four (4) winners. The grand prize winner in each category will receive one of the rare, exclusive BIONICLE art books, numbered for authenticity by the BIONICLE team. The second place winners will receive a Star Wars Constraction set; 75537 Darth Maul for the Infamy category and 75535 Han Solo for the Legends category. All prizes courtesy of The LEGO Group.
- Your entry may NOT have been published prior to the start of the contest; new and original creations only, please!
- Painted parts are not allowed. Any cut/modified pieces are also forbidden. Custom made parts (such as 3-D printed pieces), in that same vein, are also not allowed.
- No non-LEGO parts, duh.
- Try to make things primarily Technic/CCBS! We don't discourage System, but we're not looking for statues here.
- Digital entries are allowed! Download LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) here. For either digital or physical, keep the photo editing to a minimum.
- Scenery is acceptable to include, but please try and keep the focus on the MoC itself.
- You may create as many entries as you wish, but only one will head to the voting booth; if you don't inform us which submission you want to present, we'll pick for you! (To specify, you may only have one entry total that will be voted on, not one in each theme)
- No cheating. Whatever way you try to cheat, we will hear about it, so, really, it’s best not to even think about it.
- Q) Do I have to be a member here to participate?
- A) Yes; registration is free and easy! Just click this link to get started.
- Q) Should we upload the picture here?
- A) No, you have to host it externally. (flickr, imgur, Brickshelf, etc.)
- Q) How strict is the Technic/System parts ratio?
- A) Not very (we won't be counting the pieces), but we reserve the right to disqualify any creation we don't think meets the standard of "Constraction".
- Q) What do you mean by "reimagined"?
- A) What we're looking for is a recognizable character as he or she would look like on the other end of the heroism spectrum. An awesome example is The Melding Teridax; very clearly a Makuta, but with a white and gold color scheme that identifies him as a hero.
- Q) Can we have one entry in each category?
- A) Nope, sorry! See rule 7.
- Q) Can I ask a question that isn't here?
- A) You just did, hah! Also, yes, on the talkpage.
Place your entries on this page's talk, in this format:
[[ENTRY LINK Entry] | [GALLERY LINK Gallery] (optional)
In code, this is:
[https://www.flickr.com/photos/43377110@N06/28144136864 Entry] | [https://www.flickr.com/photos/43377110@N06/albums/72157670900951320 Gallery]
This might not have been what you were expecting, but we hope everyone enjoys the creative offerings! Build on!
--The BIONICLEsector01 team
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets