No, no, no. This is entirely premature, and the majority of the "information" on the page is speculation and conjecture. We have no evidence that the Protectors wield elemental powers, no sources detail the formation of Okoto, and we don't quite know how the elements relate to the masks just yet.
- No, no it doesn't. What you people need to understand is that nothing here is "premature". You people don't know the meaning of that word. These elemental powers appeared in The Legend, so we know they exist. Plus, WE HAVE AN IMAGE OF THE ELEMENTS. And the fact that masks can't contain more than one element. And the fact that they made masks from the elements. I don't make stuff up, ever. Everything (well, except the Protector thing, that's on me, so I changed it to "Related Characters") is official information. Better to have pages now than later.
- I swear, you all are so picky about every little thing that gets put on this wiki. Toa Green Ninja - Bearer of the Mask of Spinjitzu (talk) 21:33, 15 October 2014 (CEST)
I agree, it's way too early. We don't even know if the protectors have elemental powers, or even what the extent of those powers are. For all we know, the elemental power of Fire might be limited to just throwing fireballs and being heatproof. --Herofanofall (talk) 21:51, 15 October 2014 (CEST)
- TGN, I normally side with you when it comes to making new pages, but this one is just not necessary. It's good that we have an image for it, but that doesn't mean we need to immediately find a use for it. What's more important is what we lack, and that is any substantial information about how these powers work. We can assume that the powers listed in the character bios are derived from the Masters' elements, but this is unconfirmed speculation, and so it does not belong on BS01... yet.
- Come back to me when official sources actually depict the elemental powers in use, and then I'll be all for it. --Angel Bob (talk) 00:03, 16 October 2014 (CEST)
So this one had a few things working against it.
- We don't know the extent of the powers: Maybe the Toa have their powers because of their masks, maybe the mask names are just titles, etc. We can't say for sure which one is which yet, because we don't have the necessary detail.
- When a page is defined by things that have a tangential connection, not the actual definition, it's a hard sell. I know on individual element pages we list locations and objects with elemental affiliation (a stupid practice, but not one I'm willing to fight right now). That's fine. But when the extent of a page is "these are the things that in brief descriptions have used the word in it", it's not much to go on. Look at how long it took us to remove links to generic uses of "fire" and whatnot.
- (and here's the kicker) Maybe a standard Elements page can encompass information from both generations. It's something I'm working on, but I'd hate to have to create a separate page for characters, locations, etc when the whole point of the pages is meant to be super generic and overarching. Elements (or Powers, but that could lead to a rethink of that page as well) might very well be a page that we can use for multiple generations. How applicable this idea is depends on how they use elements in the future, information (shocker) that we don't have yet.