Should we modify the template so that for 2015 and beyond tools, a different symbol than the Kanoka shows up? Since Kanoka aren't a thing now, as far as we know. LockmanCapulet Crusty relics! 19:37, 1 December 2014 (CET)
- There's nothing quite so iconic yet, although I was never a huge fan of the Kanoka to begin with. Perhaps the six-shooter? We could code in one for Gen 1 and Gen 2 tools. -- Talk 19:57, 1 December 2014 (CET)
- The Protector mask will come eventually, once Swert gets around to it. If anybody does vector stuff and wants to help out with the launcher, that'd be cool too. Protector of Fire's seems like the best one to use. -- Talk 18:50, 9 December 2014 (CET)
Re: Should objects also have a "Manufacturer" section on the template maybe?
Yes. This is one of those things that I didn't know we needed, but now I feel stupid for not thinking of it. Adding a Manufacturer line would add so much to every page: at a glance, readers could tell who made the object(s) and, consequently, who would have access to them. I am totally on board, and will readily spend time updating pages if this is implemented.
- I'll get somebody to add it then, or I can get to it later. Would it need to be an "If" function? Are there any objects (pages) that exist where we don't know who/what manufactured it?
- Rahi creator sounds pretty good too; I would make that an "If" fuction as well. -- Talk 22:44, 14 December 2014 (CET)
- I think we should keep it in an if function, but we should use it (or a variant thereof) on all pages (read on, it'll make more sense). Even if there are tools we don't know the creators of (the Nui Stone comes to mind), adding "Unknown" actually adds useful information to the infobox instead of listing something obvious like "None" for someone's Kanohi. However, since tools can be mass produced, created as a unique object, or mutated from other tools, I think we should have separate "manufacturer," "creator," and "transformed from" parameters. For example, Xian Weapon pages would list a manufacturer, the Staff of Artakha page would list a creator, and the Aqua Warblade page would list the tool it was transformed from. Thoughts? -- talk) 23:30, 14 December 2014 (CET) (
@Dorek: We dunno who made the Toa Metru's tools, most Matoran Metru masks would be probably "A Ta-Metru Mask Maker" or "Unknown," a lot of Toa Tools would have unknown origins for that matter. We know Axxon made Brutaka's swords, but who made Axxon's axe? ζox• Histories
- You raise a good point; we don't know the origins of many of the items for which we have pages. That's not necessarily a problem, though. For a lot of fan writers/artists (myself included), seeing "Unknown" in an item's Manufacturer/Creator line would invite some interesting speculation about that item's history. For example, who made the Spear of Fusion? Thinking about that could lead to a really cool idea for a fanfic or theory. (Also, nitpick: Axonn didn't make Brutaka's swords, he just gave them to him.) --Angel Bob (talk) 01:00, 15 December 2014 (CET)
So... obviously, we're working on the set database right now, but I want to make sure this doesn't get forgotten. I think both of these ideas (Creator for Template:Rahi and Manufacturer/Crafter for Template:Object/Tool) are really clever and should be instated as soon as reasonably possible. --Angel Bob (talk) 04:02, 21 January 2015 (CET)
- Mmm, meant to have that added in with the second tab. Might be throwing a third tab in there, so it'll get done. -- Talk 10:20, 21 January 2015 (CET)