Hey Dorek, i don't belive that's an accurate picture of Matoro. I'm petty sure the upper leg and arm pieces were light blue, not trans-blue. I have Matoro and his arms are not that shade of blue. If you don't believe me, look at the instructions. --"♫We're driving old smokey! Porkchop's at the wheel! When we hit the junk realm, we'll make the drones squeal!♫" ~Prof. Srlojohn 13:03, 22 April 2019 (UTC)
- It's probably a prototype, like the 01 images. There is the question of whether prototypes are valid for this use due to variations like this. There's also Set:8538 where it uses the wrong masks. ~ Wolk (talk) 13:52, 22 April 2019 (UTC)
- yeah well that explains things. I would volunteer to make pictures, but the pieces in question on my Matoro broke many a moon ago. anyway, thanks for the info. --"♫We're driving old smokey! Porkchop's at the wheel! When we hit the junk realm, we'll make the drones squeal!♫" ~Prof. Srlojohn 16:31, 22 April 2019 (UTC)
- They're essentially placeholders for a nebulous "maybe" image that will never come. My overall goal was for real-world shots of the product itself, which typically existed in one form or another, but where and how and whether or not they still exist is another question entirely.
- For instance, you have this shot of Turahk which was originally from TRU back in the day their online store was just a branded page on Amazon. It's "legitimate" as far as things go, but obviously it was built by somebody who took some, ahem, liberties. So I went with an alternative
- Or the image I uploaded of Takua and Pewku, which appears to be the actual original photograph, but then crops up in some obscure (but official!) products.
- Okay. I didn't realize that. I never noticed in other sets because i never owned them Matoro was my first set, (purchased in 2009 XD) and dear to my heart, so i noticed something was off right away. okay, i won't bug you with this again. --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wantede people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 12:39, 23 April 2019 (UTC)