OK, I have been away from BS01 and Bionicle for a while, so this may be a dumb question, but...
WHERE was it written that <spoiler>Velika was a Great Being??</spoiler>Because i dont remember reading it anywhere, and its put under a spoiler warning thing on the page, but since their have been no new story chapters from Bionicle Story.com...
Am i missing something?? ~Toanicky20:56, 27 August 2012 (PDT)
Like, my entire perception of the 2006 Bionicle storyline has been changed! LOL
Sorry for missing that on the main page, dont now how i missed that! Thank You!
0_0 ~Toanicky21:25, 27 August 2012 (PDT)
Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up. I'm well aware <spoiler>Velika is the GB, but to my knowledge it's never been confirmed that TYQ's GB and TPTB's murderer are the same being. </spoiler>Yet this page says otherwise. I believe this should be fixed. --Angel Bob 12:39, 3 September 2012 (PDT)
- Erebus obtained some new infos from Greg. It's in the same topic of BZP. Maxim21 13:04, 3 September 2012 (PDT)
Alright, sorry about that. It's all cleared up now. --Angel Bob 05:56, 5 September 2012 (PDT)
- In the first spoiler, an it's should be its. Every grammar error adds up. Master Inika (Talk) 20:31, 25 September 2012 (PDT)
GB Velika in the Kingdom universe
(Relevant BZP posts start here and continue on from there.)
Thought I'd lay out the whole Kingdom Velika issue since it's ongoing....
So, was GB Velika in the Po-Matoran body or not? Based on Greg's answer to Erebus (which, seeing as there is a conflict, is in fact what the page should be going by at this point), the GB is the Po-Matoran/Toa of Stone Velika in the Kingdom. But according to the second quote in the aforementioned BZP post, the GB is not. The question: is this a "forgetcon," or is this an intentional change? Canonically, either answer makes sense. The difference is the split point, as pointed out here: if the GB is the Po-Matoran/Toa of Stone, the Kingdom split from the prime reality when Matoro failed; but if Velika is someone else, then the split point happened before the Shattering. The Kingdom doesn't go into any detail about what happened on Voya Nui and in the Pit, only that the events were "just as [Takanuva] recalled" (and he had heard it all second-hand anyway). For all we know, there could be significant differences in the two timelines up to that point, but Takanuva just wasn't familiar enough with what happened in the prime reality to know that. It might be good to get some clarification from Greg, but for now we should stick with the older answer. -- (talk) 08:56, 3 July 2015 (CEST)
- (we should just go with my super amazing theory that the voice telling Matoro to put on the mask is Velika, therefore the split happened before the Matoran Universe was made because without Velika there's no voice to tell Matoro to put the mask on and without the voice telling him to put it on Matoro doesn't put it on and fails)
- Is Velika even capable of becoming a Toa? I'm sure someone has asked that, but I can't remember what the answer was. It might influence how we perceive the issue. -- Talk 18:13, 3 July 2015 (CEST)
- (that's actually a pretty decent theory...) But in all seriousness, if velika hadn't taken the po-matoran's body, and the split happened before the shattering, then there would be so much more that was different. even the smallest of changes have huge consequences, and i think the presence/location/identity of a great being is a little more than a small change. (not to mention that "velika's" personality would have been different, and he probably would have acted normal most of the time... remember how the GB velika always spoke in riddles? probably would have been less inventive too, resulting in huge differences to the inika story.) It seems that in the kingdom, velika is indeed a great being, and he can become a toa, and what greg said is just a forgetcon. besides, i can't imagine velika, who we know to be somewhat power-hungry, would block his own chances of becoming a toa. Intelligence4 (talk) 20:33, 3 July 2015 (CEST)
- Well, I think the idea is that given that there is a seemingly infinite number of possibilities, there's also a universe where said change created a huge ripple effect. This just happened to be a universe where very little actually changed until this one point.
- Then again, since Velika was responsible for the "cognitive revolution", I guess it would be different. Unless the change is that another Great Being did it instead of him? -- Talk 20:59, 3 July 2015 (CEST)
Greg suggested the GB was still in the MU, just inside a different body. If the GB wasn't on Voya Nui, he might not have known about the Toa Mahri, in which case he wouldn't have told Matoro to put on the mask. You should post your theory in the OGC; depending on what other people think, maybe we can go to Greg and clear this whole thing up. -- talk) 21:05, 3 July 2015 (CEST)(