Her infobox says that she has non-elemental psionics powers, but the word psionics is linked to the elemental power of psionics page. isn't that kind of misleading? also, just as a question, does anyone know what the difference is between elemental and non-elemental psionics powers? Intelligence4 (talk) 22:30, 27 April 2014 (CEST)
- The only real distinction is... um... well... I'll have to get back to you on that. :P Honestly, I don't even see the point of specifying whether it's elemental or not, why do we do that? --23:39, 27 April 2014 (CEST)
- Stems from the old days where we had to distinguish what elements actually were, because people were assuming all kinds of things about powers and elements etc. The biggest takeaway from that (in as much as I remember) is that Time, Life, (and later Creation, the acceptance of which is part of what sparked the debate anyway) aren't actually Elements, as had looooong been assumed, because Elements was boiled down to what we have now (plus the later addition of Psionics, which was in fact stupid to make an element, but whatever); that is, anything a Toa can wield is an element, anything else is a power - except for the half-exception of Shadow. The actual expression of the powers is basically irrelevant, the definition rests solely with who is using it.
- As far as the actual linking and stuff goes, because the page encompasses both elemental and non-elemental usage, it makes sense to keep it there (the alternative being separate pages for each, which is an awful idea), and keep the links there as well. -- I AM THE DOREK do not truffle with me 02:06, 28 April 2014 (CEST)
- I think we should get rid of the "non-elemental" distinction; it's really the same regardless of who wields the power - anything a non-elemental can do, an elemental can do (telepathy, telekinesis, etc.) I think it's pretty clear what is and isn't an element, especially since we can link to an element's page, and now that psionics has been added (i agree, stupid thing to do, but i'm warming up to it, thanks to angel bob's makuta hunt series) i certainly wouldn't consider Annona's powers "non-elemental" since, like i said, they're the same.
- I always understood it as not being a distinction of what is and isn't an element but the source of the specific instance of the power. In Toa, the five Glatorian, Skakdi, etc. the power is elemental because they all got it from the same place in the same way (though the Glatorian and Skakdi are derivative). In others, Annona for example, she has telepathy and mind control an mental powers, but it's not Psionics in the elemental sense. There is a difference- for example, Annona an eat dreams, but Varian or Orde wouldn't be able to. I say we leave it as is. LockmanCapulet Crusty relics! 20:07, 28 April 2014 (CEST)
Annona has shown no ability for Telekinesis, something an Elemental User would probably be able to do, but she can also eat dreams, something which a Toa of Psionics likely can't do. There are scores of people with Psionic powers, but most of them are not Elemental users. In fact, pretty much the only ones who are Elemental in this are the Toa, Turaga and Skakdi of Psionics. Elemental vs. Non-Elemental I think has largely to do with the degree of control. If you can control all aspects of said power, you have it Elementally. You control the whole Element. Non-Elemental users has only partial control. The only exception to this distinction would be Ce-Matoran, where it is their Element, but they cannot control it at all. The entire suite of Psionic powers is there, just not accessible. Skakdi are also on a fine line here, having to bring someone else in to access the powers. ζω·τωμανα•