We're hoping to switch the site over to HTTPS this weekend. Unfortunately this will mean we can no longer embed content via HTTP. Brickshelf only supports HTTP, so reupload your images on another site like Flickr or Imgur so they don't break!
"Right, I'm sure where you came from, Ga-Matoran are all gentle peacemakers who never raise their voices. That's what they ... we ... were like where I came from too."
— Dalu to Toa Inika Hahli, Power Play
|Preferred regions||Aquatic regions|
|Transforms into||Toa of Water|
Abilities and Traits
Ga-Matoran have inactive Water powers, which can be activated upon transformation into Toa and is manifested as increased lung capacity and skills at swimming. The Ga-Matoran on Metru Nui had educational occupations, such as teachers or scientists. On Mata Nui, Ga-Matoran had jobs such as fishing, weaving, or boat-making.[MNOG2] On Voya Nui, some Ga-Matoran were trained to be warriors. As a result, these Ga-Matoran were a lot more aggressive than those on other islands.[BL3]
Identifiable physical attributes of Ga-Matoran include Kanohi and armor in varying shades of blue, and yellow eyes. They are also one of the female Matoran types.
- Amaya: A flax maker on Mata Nui and a Teacher on Metru Nui. Saved Ga-Koro from a Great Temple Squid about 500 years ago.
- Dalu: The warrior of the Voya Nui Resistance Team.
- Gaaki (transformed): Eventually became the Toa Hagah of Water.
- Hahli (transformed): Once a shy, quiet Ga-Matoran who was chosen as a Kolhii champion by Nokama and traveled Mata Nui training for the Kolhii Tournament. She succeeded Takua as Chronicler after he became Takanuva. She later became a Toa Inika and then a Toa Mahri.
- Kai: A sailor on Mata Nui. Established a rowing club about 500 years ago, which went poorly.
- Kailani: A Crafter on Mata Nui.
- Kotu: A Rahi tender and one of Nokama's advisors, who guarded Ga-Koro against the Bohrok and was expected to be chosen for the Ga-Koro Kolhii team.
- Kyrehx: Former Mahri Nui resident.
- Idris: Former Mahri Nui resident.
- Macku: A boat racer, right hand to Turaga Nokama and part of the Chronicler's Company. She was later one of Ga-Koro's Kolhii champions.
- Marka: A shipwright on Mata Nui.
- Naho (transformed, deceased): A Ga-Matoran from a land south of Metru Nui; who became a Toa Mangai, later killed by Eliminator.
- Nireta: A navigator on Mata Nui.
- Nixie: Mata Nui's astrologer, often referred to simply as "The Astrologer."
- Nokama (transformed): A Teacher before she became a Toa Metru and Toa Hordika, now a Turaga of Water.
- Okoth: Ga-Koro's Trader.
- Pelagia: A shipwright on Mata Nui.
- Shasa: A Weaver on Mata Nui.
- Tuyet (transformed): Once a Matoran from a land south of Metru Nui; later the rogue Toa Mangai of Water. Currently the user of the Nui Stone.
- Vhisola: A student of Nokama's on Metru Nui who idolized her teacher. Knew the location of the Ga-Metru Great Disk.
- A Ga-Matoran from Artakha who wears a Kakama.[BW]
- A Ga-Matoran drowned by Tuyet.[TMDoTT] (revived)
- A Ga-Matoran who became a Toa and joined the Toa Cordak before being killed by Zyglak. (transformed, deceased)[DroD, Ch. 9]
- Various Ga-Matoran who became Toa and were killed by Hakann. (transformed, deceased)[BL1]
- Chat with Greg Farshtey, 12 March 2015
|Current||Amaya | Dalu | Idris | Kai | Kailani | Kotu | Kyrehx | Macku | Marka | Nireta | Nixie | Okoth | Pelagia | Shasa | Vhisola|
|Transformed||Gaaki | Hahli | Naho (deceased) | Nokama | Tuyet|
|see full list|
|Ta-Matoran | Ga-Matoran | Le-Matoran | Po-Matoran | Onu-Matoran | Ko-Matoran | Av-Matoran | Shadow Matoran |
Ba-Matoran | Bo-Matoran | Ce-Matoran | De-Matoran | Fa-Matoran | Fe-Matoran | Su-Matoran | Vo-Matoran
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets