Hello, Surel-nuva, and welcome to the BS01 Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. We hope you like the place and decide to stay. As you can see, the BS01 Wiki is a place where you can type out all of the things you know about BIONICLE. If you don't know how to fully use the features of this Wiki, these will be some great links to look through:
We hope you enjoy editing and contributing to the biggest BIONICLE encyclopedia! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Try to remember, the Wiki Staff monitor the articles, and articles are edited constantly, so if any of your edits are reverted, or another edit is placed, don't worry about it. If you need help, just ask the existing members and someone will show up shortly to answer your questions.
Also, in order to improve this Wiki, your feedback is very much appreciated. To provide feedback, please place it on the Member Opinion Hub. If you have any questions regarding the Wiki in general, they can be placed on the Help Desk. If you have any criticisms to make regarding the BS01 Wiki staff, they can be placed onto the Complaint Center.
(After you have read and understood everything above and the notices below, feel free to remove this template.)
Looking for a project? Check out BIONICLEsector01: Maintenance. It lists many pages that need content, rewrites, etc. Check out what needs to be done and help make the BS01 Wiki perfect!
Please do not upload any of your personal images to the Wiki. Instead, use an image hosting site like Flickr for all of your image hosting needs.
-- Talk 23:18, 17 July 2015 (CEST)
- I wonder why we don't use the reference/citation format what I used in the video names, and on the Aquatic Power Blade instead of the reference list. Sometimes it's bug me when I see the long list of references on the pages. Also, we have most of the sets' instructions on our wiki, so why don't we use them instead of the external ones from the LEGO.com? — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 15:43, 27 August 2017 (CET)
I think before making any more changes, we should have a discussion, maybe on the main page talk, about where to go from here in terms of citations. Some people have spoken out in favor of exclusively inline citations, while others have said they want all citations to point to a References section. Best to talk it out, preferably with Dorek and Swert weighing in. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 09:22, 9 September 2017 (CET)
Hey man, please try to keep a friendly tone on here. I'm referring to this edit specifically. Everyone has made editing mistakes before, you and me included. Also, everyone's on here for fun, so if people don't feel welcome, they won't edit, and the site won't get better. Thanks, -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 20:46, 29 October 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, I know, I was just out of mood, and exactly regretted the summary after the eduts were done. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 08:29, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
your edit summary here... was that a real quote? if so where's it from? https://biosector01.com/w/index.php?title=Dekar-Hydraxon&type=revision&diff=132495&oldid=130795
- BIONICLE Legends 8: Downfall page 32. It's at the foot of the page what I used for citing the Dekar-memory stuff on the page. :) — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 18:56, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the "wolfrat" design! That does mean that one of us needs to reach out to him... and with Greg having recused himself from BZP, and the LMB forums now shut down, I'm not sure how one can get in contact with him nowadays.
By the way, while we're discussing Rahi... if you're wondering why I haven't been citing MGttU for the creation of each Rahi, it's just because it's one of the few BIONICLE books I don't actually own. Because it's a bad idea to cite something you haven't actually read (since that easily leads to spreading misinformation), I've decided to play it safe and just let other people cite it. --PeabodySam (talk) 20:45, 17 March 2018 (UTC)
- while i'm replying to the other one, i'll just step in here... i know there was a pdf version of that book floating around the internet at some point, either on reddit or bzpower or something. the only book i haven't been able to find is the bionicle: world one, which is a huge bummer haha. almost everything else should be on the internet somewhere if you google it. Intelligence4 (talk) 05:20, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
I have a question, what happened to the user known as Bold Clone? I only ask because his page is still there on this site and his page shows nothing on there. Do you know what happened to him? (User: Kota9999) Kota9999 (talk) 18:47, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
- I'm sorry I don't know, I never really had a conversation with him. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 20:25, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
Oh, I see. Maybe previous users know who he was (User: Kota9999)
- Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to be offensive, I've just have some really bad weeks/months/, and I can be misunderstood. The page makes sense, it means the same what you exposed with more words. "[Used to weaken the creatures] to unite with it [with the hunter mask's power]" makes sense since it a verb-based structure and means the same as "make them unite with him" and "teleporting" as a gerund also makes sense and means the same as "being able to teleport." — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 21:31, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Bionicle.com is gone....
- It's working but you only if you search for it like this :) — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 19:01, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
Oh! Still online I see....I still wonder how long it will be until it’s taken off (again) after the original site was shut down (User:Kota9999)
Well, using the link now in 2019 just brings you to Lego's main website, which now tells me that G2's website has been fully removed. (User:Kota9999)
I'm not against shortcuts, I was just trying to hide it on the actual template page (so that we don't have a red link to 'Set'). I assume the tag should just be placed elsewhere for it not to break, though I don't know where exactly. »Zapnox« 16:39, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- Well, I originally just put the shortcut link to every set pages, but Morris said it is to complicated, (or something similar, it was a while ago) so I inserted it into the template. But if we put the include only tag the shortcut will not appear on the other pages, as I've seen. The current solution may not be a good solution for that, but it's still not a bad one, I think. I'm not a coder, so someone else could come up with a better version someday, I hope, which doesn't show the shortcut on the template, but does on the set-pages. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 16:51, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, I might be able to start there. Sorry for being late with the answer, I didn't have too many free-time lately. In RL I had much to do, and I worked a lot... okay I had no free-time at all, that was behind my mostly inactive status, I'm so sorry.— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 19:01, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
Radiak Ref Link
Thanks for fixing that for me. I'm not sure how my edit ended up with two brackets. I have no idea how these references work LOL. I really appreciate the help. -- Toa Jala Converse 02:58, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
Hey, we're thinking about removing BS01's dedicated mobile view because the desktop view adapts to small screens now. If I'm not mistaken you edit pretty much exclusively through the mobile view, so I don't want to remove it without getting your input. Have you tried reading and editing BS01 through the desktop view? (There should be a link to it at the bottom of the mobile view.) If so, what do you think of it? Are there any features that could be improved? Or if you haven't tried using the desktop view, could you try it out and see what you think? Thanks! -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 23:28, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, thank you for asking my opinion on that. I tried it, and, for me the desktop view is better than the mobile site. I used to edit the pages on PC back then, when I was more active, so the desktop view solved every problem what I have with the mobile version. It is much nicer when I'm looking at the recent changes on an article. The differences between the two versions, and the page below them is clearer, and easier to read. My only nitpick could be when the sidebar is activated it's overlapping the page, but this could also be a problem only on my device. And I'm sorry for my bad english, ever since I begun to work, I used it less and less, and now I'm unsure that it is understandable or not. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 11:50, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll disable the mobile view then. When you say the sidebar is overlapping the page, do you mean it completely blocks the page so you can only see the sidebar? The sidebar is supposed to cover the left part of the page and leave the right part visible. Then you can tap the right part to close the sidebar. I can mess with the CSS if the sidebar isn't working correctly. Also your English is very understandable, don't worry! -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 19:49, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, don't worry. I meant it covered the half page, and it didn't want to leave, but apparently it seems like I only had connection problems, for now it works fine. With the sidebar, I noticed when the hungarian language was chosen, there was a 'BIONICLEsector01' subscription over the icon and the 'BS01 Wiki' script. I made a screenshot, but this problem resolves itself when I switch the language to english in the preferences. Other than that I have no problem with this.
- I saw it, and I like the way how the information is hidden, but my problem is the long list of references in the end of the page. I know, I know, on most of the wikis retains that same method, but if we could merge the two, the hidden script, and the outside citations (like the BookCitation & co.), it would be pretty nice. We would have organized pages, with "hidden" sources, (as I assume the Lein page will have the same fate and it only has citations no other sources iirc) we wouldn't have a half-page list of references. :) — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 20:21, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
- Cool, glad it's working now. And thanks for pointing that bug out. I'll look into it. As for the references section, we could do something like Wookieepedia where the References section is small and you scroll through it. What do you (and others) think? -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 20:48, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
Ah I didn't check on mobile, sorry. Yeah Wikia has a separate mobile site, which is probably why it didn't show up for you. I've set up a demo for small screens on Tahu (Generation 1). Also, the logo issue should be resolved now. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 23:42, 24 August 2019 (UTC)