Hello, Dag, and welcome to the BS01 Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. We hope you like the place and decide to stay. As you can see, the BS01 Wiki is a place where you can type out all of the things you know about BIONICLE. If you don't know how to fully use the features of this Wiki, these will be some great links to look through:
We hope you enjoy editing and contributing to the biggest BIONICLE encyclopedia! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Try to remember, the Wiki Staff monitor the articles, and articles are edited constantly, so if any of your edits are reverted, or another edit is placed, don't worry about it. If you need help, just ask the existing members and someone will show up shortly to answer your questions.
Also, in order to improve this Wiki, your feedback is very much appreciated. To provide feedback, please place it on the Member Opinion Hub. If you have any questions regarding the Wiki in general, they can be placed on the Help Desk. If you have any criticisms to make regarding the BS01 Wiki staff, they can be placed onto the Complaint Center.
(After you have read and understood everything above and the notices below, feel free to remove this template.)
Looking for a project? Check out BIONICLEsector01: Maintenance. It lists many pages that need content, rewrites, etc. Check out what needs to be done and help make the BS01 Wiki perfect!
Please do not upload any of your personal images to the Wiki. Instead, use an image hosting site like Flickr for all of your image hosting needs.
Re: Kraata Variations
I've been thinking about our argument about the Kraata Variations page and I wanted to apologize. I didn't notice the Telekinesis discussion on the talk page, and that was my mistake. I should have asked you why you undid my edit instead of assuming it was something personal, which it clearly wasn't.
You've done a lot of good work for this Wiki, pulling up Greg sources and providing a lot of missing citations and interesting facts about the BIONICLE universe. I hope this quarrel hasn't ruled out the possibility of us working together constructively in the future. -- Toa Jala Converse 21:56, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
- No worries! I probably should have made my intentions clear when first removing your edits, so I'll try to be more communicative in the future. Dag (talk) 22:09, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
EL of Sand
I don’t think you make convincing arguments for the ELoS being male, and to prevent an edit war from starting let's at least discuss it.
Re the ELoJ’s quote: Again, “brothers” can be used metaphorically to refer to mixed-gender groups. I saw on the ET talk page that you said this:
For the EL of Jungle's quote, yes, it is true that "brothers" has been used as a general term for sibling
Which wasn't my argument. My argument was that the non-literal sense of "brothers," meaning comrades or peers, can be used regardless of gender (except for female-only groups).
but every instance you gave is just that, a vague generalization. The EL of Jungle said that he had five brothers, a specific number.
So what was your point? That if you specify the number of people in a mixed-gender group you can’t call them brothers in the metaphorical sense? I don’t think that’s how it works, and it can’t be used a confirmation of the ELoS’s gender. Therefore it’s false to state that it confirms her to be male as you wrote in the note on her page.
Re the male pronouns: Greg uses male pronouns instead of “they/them” whenever he refers to someone whose gender is unknown. He called it a “reflex” when he confirmed that the ELoE was female despite using male pronouns for her when writing her backstory. So we shouldn’t take him using male pronouns in off-the-cuff Q&As when referring to the ELoS as a strict confirmation of gender either. If she was referred to with male pronouns in the story it would be a different thing and I would agree with you.
In short, Greg never straight up said that the ELoS was male and the examples you provided as evidence don't confirm it either, so him saying that she's female is not him contradicting himself. ~OnionShark 07:59, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
- Greg never straight up said that the EL of Sand was female either. In response to your question, he just said it "makes sense," which I would hesitate to call confirmation. While I still think the EL of Sand should properly be male, the compromise to leave it ambiguous should be fine. Dag (talk) 15:06, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
EL of Earth
- The community does not decide canon. Either the Earth Tribe is canon, or it is not, and I've given an argument for why it should not be considered canon, and to not respond to that first before undoing my edits seems disingenuous. Regardless, I do not care if the pages remain or not, but as others have suggested, the Non-Canon or Semi-Canon tag should be put on the Earth Tribe and EL pages. Would this be an acceptable compromise? Dag (talk) 00:34, 26 April 2022 (UTC)
- As far as community decisions on canonicity goes: you do not determine canonicity either. A discussion on the canonicity was had during the vote to remove the pages. That vote and discussion came down decidedly on the side of considering the Lord and Tribe canon, and with Greg's retcons solidifying both. To ignore that discussion in favor of your own preferences is disrespectful to this community. I am not here to rehash it or negotiate compromises with you. I am here, as staff, to tell you to not unilaterally remove pages, delete mentions, and declare a subject as non-canon against a community vote and a series of Greg Answers. If you wish to raise the idea of introducing the semi-canon tag, do so on a Talk Page, or do so on the wiki Discord, and get community input. ζox• Histories
- If it was, I haven't seen it, probably a Greg quote somewhere. But there's also like 4 Greg quotes saying they're not from already known species, and one saying specifically none of them are likely not from Sidorak's species. My headcanon is mainly my thoughts if it's possible they're from already known species, so I'm not too concerned with close adherence to Greg quotes on this one. I think we can all agree there's far too many species, so finding any way to consolidate is always appreciated. Dag (talk) 13:42, 9 November 2022 (UTC)
- I 100% agree on the too many species thing, it just came to my mind when I read it.--Surel (Talk) 13:58, 9 November 2022 (UTC)