I don't know if I am right but I do remember Greg saying that there could be more Toa Mangai out there. Didn't he post it in a blog or a Farshtey Feed or Something. For some reason I feel like I remember it being heard. Kazi22 11:33, 3 July 2012 (PDT)
- I don't remember that. There are more Mangai that we haven't met out of the 11, but they are all dead except Tuyet. ζω·τωμανα•
I'm (surprisingly) not a huge fan of rocking the boat, so while the easy route would simply be locking the page along with Mask of Healing, I'm just going to let it be known that I am displeased with the way the poll was handled, and do not think that the on-the-fly additions, subtractions, and overall amendments should be ignored just because "it looks like X was winning". Polls are difficult at the best of the times, and work most effectively when the decision is well-informed and unbiased. As far as I'm concerned, neither party (Greg or the voters) was working from all of the facts, when they very easily could have been. Instead, the poll was done too hastily and without proper judgment (not to mention inundated with loud minority voices, but I'm willing to accept that as part of the game), resulting in the invalidation of votes, when in fact those votes probably shouldn't have been invalidated in the first place (a double whammy, and my vote being one of them is among the many reasons I'm peeved). The fact that a recount isn't even being considered is an immense shame, in my opinion, since the fact that there is any controversy at all would normally at least put a pause in the conversation, and a recount is among the easiest of things to possibly do.
In short, I have no solution to this, and it's possible that I'm the only one who feels this way. As always, I only ask for intelligence, planning, and forethought when it comes to crafting things like these, otherwise it's just an insult to all of the fans, regardless of their stance. -- Talk 07:34, 4 December 2014 (CET)
- We could at least redo the poll. I would expect the Mask of Healing to still win, but that way it's a little bit more fair and there are fewer hurt feelings. I'll post in the LMB thread about the Mask of Rahi Control so that Greg can weigh in. --Angel Bob (talk) 15:07, 4 December 2014 (CET)
Anybody with some sense absolutely should have realized that starting over and doing a fresh recount should have been the appropriate thing to do. The entire poll was a mess from the start and I never even felt like contributing to it because I thought it would get restarted as a result... Oops. --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
- Well bonesiii thought that the poll didn't need a recount. --Boidoh (talk) 22:58, 5 December 2014 (CET)
I dropped out of the loop on this while it was still going on, but whatever happened with the voting on masks and tools of various characters? Did it stop with the mangai, or were there other affected pages?Intelligence4 (talk) 22:23, 10 July 2015 (CEST)
Adventures or Death?
I was reading the Toa Mangai page not to mention Toa Lhikan's and it states that several of the other Toa Mangai left for adventures of their own or were killed. So here is the question. Could it be possible that some of the other Toa Mangai escape death and is it possible for Greg to 100% confirm it again because the page left me confused. (Don't get me wrong it would be nice if some actually escaped). Cheers, Kazitan----- Talk
- He meant that the 300 Toa of the Toa-Dark Hunter War went on adventures, and 11 Toa remained on Metru Nui, who are called Toa Mangai by us I'd say. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 20:30, 28 March 2017 (CET)
- @Surel Nuva: Doubtful, but if that's the case, it should not be mention on this page: the distinction between the Toa Mangai and the Toa Army was always made.
- Off the top of my head, the "left Metru Nui for missions/new adventures" was never a definitive thing, even after the Toa-DH war: some of the Toa Mangai could left the city and then go back so that the others can do the same. But if some of them left Metru Nui forever after the war, it's not a problem either: Teridax would be likely to think they still represent a threat for his plan, to keep a stready eye on them, and to kill them off thanks to Eliminator or even the Rahi Nui.
- But yeah, this situation is unclear, some quotes research must be done. Du7734 22:11, 20 June 2017 (CET)
Does the original post by Nuhrii the Metruan introducing this into canon still exist somewhere? I don't believe it's in the OGD. —Planetperson 04:24, 20 February 2019 (UTC)