Question About the 2015 Comics
How do we know they're canon or not? The Bohrok Promo Comic that was included with the Bohrok sets weren't canon. So what makes the 2015 Box Comics canon? --Collector1100 (talk) 01:29, 18 December 2014 (CET)
- We... don't know that they are. It's why I was holding off from adding anything about them to character biographies. But I don't think what's "canon" is going to be so clear-cut this time around in general.
- They align moderately well with the "character animations" released for each Toa getting their Golden Mask. I don't think it's inconceivable to believe they were actually happening. --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
- I'd rather prioritize the actual episodes, not any side material; at this point, I'm no stranger to canonical inconsistencies (darn you Hero Factory!) in side media, but our primary story medium is going to be the episodes. I'd be okay with the character animations acting as stand-ins, but the "comics" not so much. -- Talk 04:00, 18 December 2014 (CET)
- Shhh, that's leaked info =P. -- Talk 04:11, 18 December 2014 (CET)
I'll say they are canon until contradicted. So far I think that the 2015 Character Animations are the non-canon ones. They are clearly just for adverts. They contradict the animations because in the animations, the protectors were following them and now they are no where to be seen. Plus, I doubt that directly after getting their masks a Lordy Spider appears. With the comics, it seems to be consistent with the animations (besides the Fire Comic... but that's just the location). They go with the protector to get the mask. In the comics (for most of them), the protector gets Krana'd by a Skull Spider, then the Toa gets the mask, defeats them, then the Protector gives the Toa their weapons. That seems like a follow-up to me... Also, in the LOSS comic, the Protector of Fire tries to steal the gold SS Mask, but then gets captured. Seems decent enough to me. --Boidoh (talk) 15:59, 18 December 2014 (CET)
- What makes one any more canon than the other? They both feature the storyboard plotline (Toa fights Skull Spiders, gets mask, powers up) without much to differentiate. We don't even know the true nature of the Protectors combining with the Toa; if that doesn't actually appear in any other sources, then it's very likely just a set-only function, which would make the comics much more promotional in nature than actually canon. -- Talk 17:21, 18 December 2014 (CET)
- I see zero indication at all to say that the character animations are not. Except for the Protectors now being out of frame (big deal... their focus is not on them anyways), they literally pick up precisely where Episode 3 leaves off. If Episode 4 shows us something completely different, fine then. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's composed of shots from them, or even set afterwards.
- The comics are definitely the epitome of generic scenario intent to show off all the relevant sets for advertising only. I do see them as nothing more than ads at all. But they do, indeed, not entirely contradict anything else really. --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
- Again, that is not necessarily a contradiction. We don't know everything yet. They could have happened sequentially instead of concurrently, or there really could be more than one LOSS. We just don't know.
- But because there is inconsistency, that's why they probably should stay off articles (or I imagine that's the explanation that would be used per usual. Not my call.). --~|RC|~ (Talk/Contribs)
i thought foil was a math thing
what's the FOIL comic? http://greg.thegreatarchives.com/2003-2008/page5#post184 Intelligence4 (talk) 01:42, 1 July 2017 (CET)
- also, side note: i've seen a lot of references to this greg database that don't link directly to the post that they're referencing, but instead to the general section. make sure to actually grab the link of the specific post you're using to reference something before adding it to a page. Intelligence4 (talk) 01:48, 1 July 2017 (CET)
- For I do not use the site, but the original documents.— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 01:59, 1 July 2017 (CET)
Does anyone know how I could access the McDonald's comic scans? I've gone to each issue's page, but the links to the off-wiki scans of 2-4 don't seem to work on anything I try to access them on. 777stairs (talk) 21:09, 11 June 2019 (UTC)