A form Krahka used to fight the Toa Metru
|Status||Alive; last of her kind|
The Krahka species was among the many victims of the Visorak. One female Krahka fled to Metru Nui, believing herself to be the last of her kind. She made her lair in the Fikou Web of the Archives and developed a deep dislike for the Matoran and their kind, whom she called "top-dwellers".
About 1,001 years ago, the Toa Metru traveled into Krahka's territory to fix a leak that threatened to flood the Archives. Krahka quietly stalked them, watching them fight Rahkshi and attempting to learn their language. When Nokama was separated from the group, Krahka took the form of an Insect Control Rahkshi and unleashed a swarm of Fireflyers on Nokama, knocking her unconscious. Krahka assumed Nokama's form and greeted Vakama. She was unable to speak Matoran, and could only mimic the words spoken to her, converting them into fragmented sentences and short answers. After a brief conversation, Krahka attacked Vakama with jets of Water, blasting him to the ground. She assumed his form and attacked Onewa with Vakama's Fire powers. Now in the guise of Onewa, she collapsed a wall on Matau and attacked him with Vakama's fire powers. Krahka then attacked Whenua and trapped him in her lair. She then assumed his form and impersonated him to the restof the team, using her better developed speaking skills to guide the Toa Metru through the Archives.
After a long trek, the group was ambushed by three Rahkshi in a dark tunnel. Taken unawares, each Toa was captured, save Nokama and Krahka. Noting "Whenua's" lack of concern about their missing teammates, Nokama realized Krahka's identity and attacked her. Krahka set the Rahkshi on Nokama and fled. She became worried about the "top-dwellers" and began to hatch a plan to eliminate them.
Nokama defeated the Rahkshi, and gathered the other Toa Metru to search for Whenua. Nuju scouted ahead and found Whenua trapped in Krahka's lair. Krahka entered the chamber, disguised as Nokama, and asked Nuju to guard the exits. She then took Onewa's form and encased Nuju in a stone cocoon. Krahka exited the chamber in Nuju's form and returned to the other Toa Metru. However, the Toa Metru had anticipated her ploy, and tricked her into revealing her identity because she was unaware of Nuju's distaste for Matau. They demanded that she lead them to Whenua and Nuju. Krahka transformed into a creature of smoke, transporting the Toa into the chamber where Whenua and Nuju were held. Krahka revealed her plan to use the Toa's forms to imprison the Matoran in the Archives and take Metru Nui for herself before Vakama briefly stunned her with a Reconstitute at Random Kanoka. To crush the Toa Metru, Krahka transformed into an amalgamation of all six Toa; however, the powers of the six Toa were too much for her to bear, and caused her to lash out without strategy. After an intense battle, Krahka transformed into a Lava Eel and escaped through a puddle of molten Protodermis.
Several months later, the Visorak conquered Metru Nui. Krahka infiltrated the Coliseum and attempted to kill Roodaka in a duel, but lost. As punishment for losing, Roodaka ordered Krahka seek out and uncover evidence that the Toa Metru were never destined to become Toa. To this end, Krahka infiltrated the Great Temple and later Teridax's Po-Metru Lair. Outside the lair, Krahka was confronted by Pouks, who had seen through her stone snake disguise. Krahka knocked Pouks unconscious, but Onewa arrived and convinced her to help them fight against the Visorak. She, Onewa, and Pouks located the Tahtorak and rode it into battle at a command tower. While the Tahtorak clashed with the Zivon, Krahka and the Toa fought the Visorak. Near the end of the fight, Krahka noticed a Kahgarak preparing to banish the Tahtorak to the Field of Shadows. She interceded and pushed the Zivon and herself into the Tahtorak, transporting all three into the Field of Shadows.
1,000 years later, Krahka and Tahtorak passed through a dimensional gate created by Brutaka's Olmak while he tried to defeat Axonn on Voya Nui. Krahka departed Voya Nui and made her way back to Metru Nui.
After Makuta Teridax took over the Matoran Universe, the Toa Metru - now Turaga - found Krahka in the Archives, and she agreed to ally with them once more. She informed the trapped Toa and Turaga of tunnels which led to a shoreline, where they could attempt to steal a boat and communicate with Toa of other lands.[TB]
Krahka later left Metru Nui and joined a team of rebels including Tahu, Kopeke, Johmak, Guardian, and Lariska. While camping in the ruins of Karzahni, the group was ambushed by a squad of Exo-Toa, and Guardian was killed by Teridax. Teridax informed them that they were to return with their robot captors to Metru Nui or die.[RoS, Ch. 2] Moments after this, Toa Onua destroyed the Exo-Toa and saved his friends.[RoS, Ch. 2] Krahka then journeyed with the team and Onua to Daxia, where they cut off Teridax's supply of Energized Protodermis by destroying the last known pool of the substance.
Abilities and Traits
Krahka has the ability to copy the form and inherent power of any being she has seen. She can even merge forms, making her the only being capable of creating a Toa Seal other than Toa. Her disguises are convincing enough to fool even Toa, but Rahkshi are attuned enough to sense that she is not one of them.  Each new form she takes even grants her some portion of that being's knowledge, but this can backfire, as shown when merged the forms of all six Toa Metru and became temporarily disoriented from the rush of new information. She cannot copy Kanohi powers. She could have the power to use Kanohi, depending on her willpower.
She is very defensive of her territory, and will protect it at any cost. Being much more intelligent and gifted than other Rahi, she was also much more capable of protecting herself from the Visorak than most other Rahi during the Visorak invasion.
As a shapeshifter, Krahka has taken many forms, which imitate the shapes and powers of creatures she has encountered. Notable shapes taken by Krahka include (in the order that they appeared):
- Rahkshi of Insect Control - Krahka did not copy the Rahkshi's Kraata inside, and was unprepared for the powers this Rahkshi wielded.
- Toa Metru Nokama - Krahka often uses this form to communicate with other beings.
- Toa Metru Vakama
- Toa Metru Onewa
- Toa Metru Whenua - Krahka assumed this form after defeating and imprisoning Whenua, and used it to impersonate him and lead the Toa Metru astray.
- Rahkshi of Heat Vision
- Toa Metru Nuju - Krahka first assumed this form after defeating and imprisoning Nuju. She attempted to use it to deceive the remaining Toa Metru, but overlooked Nuju's dislike of his teammates and teamwork, thus was found out.
- Toa Metru Matau
- Web weaving Rahi - After defeating Whenua, Krahka took this form to weave a web to imprison him.
- Lava Eel - Krahka often uses this form to escape opponents, using the form's high temperatures to ward off attackers.
- Smoke Rahi - Krahka gained the use of this form after she encountered a creature of animate smoke beneath Onu-Metru. This form is able to obscure large areas and extend tendrils that can yank unsuspecting prey into her clutches. In this form, Krahka can also pass through tiny cracks and slivers.
- Leather-scaled Rahi - Krahka took the form of a Rahi with a long, leather-scaled, clawed limb. This creature weaves its nest from living, regenerating crystal.
- Gelatinous Rahi - Krahka assumed this form during her battle with the Toa Metru to evade an attack.
- Rahkshi of Power Scream
- Toa Metru combination - Krahka combined the forms of all six Toa Metru to fight them, though she was overwhelmed by the many thoughts and memories that came with it. She also used this form to fight the Zivon.
- Vohtarak - Krahka assumed this form to infiltrate the Visorak-occupied Coliseum.
- Subterranean Worm - This form is twelve feet long and has six long, flexible, clawed spines that can be used as whips.
- Burrowing Rahi - In this form, Krahka becomes tiny and is able to burrow very quickly, enough to evade a flying Rhotuka spinner.
- Stone Snake - This form is six feet long and strong enough to crush rock in its coils. However, Rahaga Pouks commented that Krahka's slithering in this form was not realistic.
- Slime Rahi - This form is squat and covered in slime, with sharp blades in place of hands. It can stretch itself to twice its height and has been described by witnesses as making a Toa Hordika look handsome.
- Insect Rahi - This form is four feet long and possesses wings.
- Toa Hordika Onewa
- Toa Hordika Nuju
- Nivawk - Krahka assumed this form to scout out weak points in the Visorak's defense of their battle tower.
- Razorfish - Krahka assumed this form while in an aerial dive to gouge through Visorak webbing.
- Nui-Rama variant - This form is capable of hurling its stingers from a distance.
The form Krahka used while fighting the Toa Metru can be built by combining all six Toa Metru sets. Instructions for this model were printed in the last pages of The Darkness Below. However, the instructions were colored black and white, making it hard to discern the colors for a specific piece. BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts later provided a color image of Krahka.
"You came down to invade my home! Just like all the other top-dwellers, with your scraping tools, and your fires. Now I know that as long as there are dwellers up above, there will be no peace here."
— Krahka, The Darkness Below
"She fought to protect her home. But too much power, fueled by too much anger, made her a menace ... Perhaps I saw a reflection of ourselves in her ... of what we could become, if we are not very careful."
— Vakama, The Darkness Below
"I am the last of my kind. I do what I must to survive."
— Krahka, Challenge of the Hordika
- Krahka is Greg Farshtey's favorite Rahi.
- When Takanuva was transported to the Toa Empire Alternate Universe, he went looking for Krahka, hoping that, because she helped Toa in his universe, that she would help him in this one. However, they were intercepted by Makuta Teridax.[DM, Ch. 2-3]
|Combiner Model||| | | | | | | ||
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Creatures | Rahi | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media | Sets