Approved proposals (please make these pages!)
Page will be made.
Regardless of exactly what we call it, I feel as though we need a single page for all the obscure merchandising items Bionicle had during it's run, such as the Toa Mahri Dart Shooter or the Sponge Morbuzakh or even the Soft Foam Takadox Mask and Twin Knives, which clearly aren't important enough to deserve pages of their own but could probably be compiled onto a single page. The only issue I can see with this is that some of these are very difficult to find reliable citations for that extend beyond photographs (Otherwise surely there would be some mention of the wearable glow-in-the-dark Piraka teeth on the wiki) --Snaptor (talk) 01:24, 25 September 2017 (CET)
Comments on Merchandise
I think this will be a good page to have - but i think we have to be very careful in drawing the line between regular sets and stuff and all the ancillary merchandise that was available. Intelligence4 (talk) 00:48, 28 September 2017 (CET)
I found a TTV topic that has a huge list of this sort of thing. It obviously wouldn't qualify as an actual source, but it could certainly help as a sort of "checklist" to see exactly what sort of things we're looking for. Are we allowed to link to TTV here? (Also, on a more amusing note, I'm not sure I've seen something gather eight votes this quickly in ages, I was expecting this to be controversial. =P) Snaptor (talk) 11:10, 28 September 2017 (CET)
- I just realized this only technically counts as seven votes, oops. Snaptor (talk) 23:49, 28 September 2017 (CET)
- MY VOTE COUNTS FOR EVERYTHING -- Talk 03:39, 29 September 2017 (CET)
I've been interested in documenting Bionicle merchandise and saw that there were plans for a page to be made. However, it doesn't seem like much progress was made on it. I've drafted up a possible merchandise page in my sandbox.
I define "Merchandise" as any officially liscensed Bionicle product that isn't a set or media (such as book, movie, game, or pretty much anything not already well documented here). I sorted my list by year and whatever partner company produced the product. It's not a perfect system, as I'm still trying to figure out how to address things like Legoland gift shop items, Shop@Home exclusives, and freebies that weren't widly available. Most of my findings have been through old BZPower articles. Currently, I made it through 2003.
If there is another way I should submit a page that's already been approved, please let me know.
Update: Moved to approved pages based on Surel's suggestion.
- I really appreciate the work you put into the topic, and since it was approved last time, I don't think we need a new poll for it. This could just go under the existing part on the top of the page, as a draft finally for the approved page. And in my opinion when you feel like it, you could make it into an actual page too! :) --Surel (Talk) 17:42, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
HEROSector01: Add Roblox and Poptropica Sponsored Events
Pages will be made.
This one is for HEROSector01, as I tried to find an Articles for Creation page over there but couldn’t find one, so instead I felt like putting this here. Hero Factory had a Poptropica advertisement and two Roblox events where players could earn prizes. For Poptropica, it was a minigame level, and for Roblox, two games. You can look up more about them online but basically for Poptropica it was promoting the 2010 line of sets while for Roblox, they promoted 2012 (Breakout) and 2013 (Brain Attack). From what I can gather, Poptropica had a Stormer outfit and his ice blaster gear, while Roblox had quite a bit of prizes and Catalog items. -- FirespitterVakama (talk) 08:23 AM, 29 November 2021 (EST)
Comments on HEROSector01: Add Roblox and Poptropica Sponsored Events
Meta: Community Terminology
Page will be made.
I think it might be nice to have a page with frequently used terms that crop up in the community (AFOL, MoC, that kind of stuff). I'm not beholden to the name. -- Talk 17:19, 13 September 2022 (UTC)
Comments on creating Meta:Community Terminology
Not as solid of an idea (and could use a better name), but I think it could be interesting to sort of group various prototype and pre-final release information into a location. Stuff like "Kanohi Artidax", Skrall having shadow powers, just these little miscellaneous trivia bits that do have individual homes but don't fit into a larger narrative (or if they do, that narrative tends to take up too much space on pages, for instance). And maybe there's stuff I've deemed too superfluous in the past that could find a home too. -- Talk 18:33, 6 October 2022 (UTC)
Page will be made.
Comments on creating Meta:Cut Content
- The beginnings of a list: BIONICLEsector01:Sandbox#Meta:Cut Content. - Toa Jala Converse 22:25, 23 October 2022 (UTC)
- I won't vote against it if people really want it, but I think it reminds me of the "Meta:Common Misconceptions" idea that was floating around the Discord server--a super broad subject that could include an untold number of things, especially if we go with the proposed list of "trivia bits." I also imagine people will be more likely to visit the page of something for trivia about it rather than browse a page that may or may not include the information they're looking for (if that makes sense).
- I guess if anything I'll be interested to see a fully-formed page rather than just the beginnings of one, or else I could see it being passed and then being something people barely add to. --Gonel (talk) 23:09, 5 September 2023 (UTC)
Whether a BIONICLEsector01 page or a Category, I think it would make sense to list all our shortcut redirects somewhere (e.g., GSR, MU, GSB, etc.). I won't vote yet, since I don't know which option would be better. - Toa Jala Converse 06:01, 18 October 2022 (UTC)
Page will be made.
Comments on creating Shortcut page
- Maybe, if we made a switch function that would let us use it for the actual shortcuts. - Toa Jala Converse 07:17, 20 October 2022 (UTC)
"Community Reviews" Section
Okay, so here's an intricate one.
So have you ever looked at a set page (no surprise this will be a resounding yes) and seen that set of sections: "Critical Reviews" and "Community Reviews." A lot of these models have yet to have stuff said about them from either angle. Unless we elect a reviewer (dear god please not Eljay LOL) there's nothing we can do about the Critical Reviews section, but I was thinking: what's stopping us BioSector users from submitting our own reviews to the section? Here's one idea for how this could work:
Here's the existing template that exists already.
[Visualization Ends Here]
So this totally, 100% genuinely real link would lead to a page dedicated to user reviews submitted by us. See my sandbox's first Level 1 heading here. This could be a subpage, like "Set:XXXXX/Reviews" just like we have Sets/Combiners, etc. Alternatively, this can have a whole category page dedicated to it.
In each set page, you'd have something like what you can see on my sandbox's second Level 1 heading here.
So there's the idea. Thoughts? 𝙗𝙮 𝙒𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙯 03:12, 26 December 2022 (UTC)
Page will be made.
Comments on this topic
- Hi this comment was made totally by the real Swert and 100% genuine. This is the coolest idea ever and we should immediately implement this. (NOT written 𝙗𝙮 𝙒𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙯 03:12, 26 December 2022 (UTC))
Create Meta:Capitalization Conventions
This falls under a similar vein as our Meta:Shortcuts and Meta:Community Terminology, and as a reference for in-universe terminology, it also complements the Lexicon. I and some others have been sporadically doing research on different expressions, phrases, or names in the BIONICLE canon and getting a sense of whether they were originally intended as given/proper names, or if they were just became that for convenience over time by the community. In many cases, we've made some very fascinating discoveries, and quite often Greg is very consistent one way, even in his Q&A topics, despite fans frequently going the other way.
Much of the research so far has been collected on one of Morris' talk pages, but the more we discover, the more it makes sense to just give this its own page. Though the fan lexicon is unlikely to ever change, this tool would be extremely helpful for writing fanfiction or other in-universe texts, to maintain consistency with the existing canonical body of work. It would also be helpful if we ever updated the wiki to reflect these conventions (as has been suggested on Talk:Main Page--see below comment). --Gonel (talk) 21:54, 13 June 2023 (UTC)
Page will be made.
Comments on creating Meta:Capitalization Conventions
Split Toa Hagah into Toa Hagah and Toa Hagah/Teridax
Votes for spliting Toa Hagah into a new page
Votes for spliting Toa Hagah into Toa and Toa Hagah of Teridax
- ~ Wolk (talk) 19:46, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- --Surel (Talk) 19:52, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- Dag (talk) 16:42, 12 March 2023 (UTC)
- --maxim21 03:26, 14 April 2023 (UTC)
- Hello! - Waddlez 23:09, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- This, assuming "Toa Hagah" becomes a disambig page redirecting to "Toa Hagah (Teridax)" and "Toa#Toa Hagah." --Gonel (talk) 23:09, 5 September 2023 (UTC)
Votes against spliting Toa Hagah
Votes for renaming and reworking Toa Hagah to be all toa Hagah, but include current page as subsection for Teridax's Hagah
Votes for spliting page into Toa Hagah in general and merging Teridax's Hagah with Rahaga
- I would consider this to count towards the votes for "Votes for spliting Toa Hagah into Toa and Toa Hagah of Teridax" by the way. Firespitter Lhii (talk) 16:02, 5 May 2023 (UTC)
Comments on Spliting Toa Hagah
Unless I'm mistaken, nothing is known about any other makuta's Hagah team, so I feel a whole page is not neccessary, but links could be confusing if say a section of the Krika page for example included a link that goes to just talking about Teridax's team without explaination. Firespitter Lhii (talk) 18:55, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- Agreed, the Hagah (general) page would end up being kind of a stub. However, I'm finding it hard to format the page in such a way that works for the Toa Hagah of Teridax not overshadowing the general Hagah concept, while also not being down-played. In my eyes, it's not so much that Toa Hagah deserve a page of their own, it's that the Toa Hagah of Teridax deserve a page of their own, separate from the general concept of Hagah. Thus, an alternate proposal would be to have the general Toa Hagah info be on the page of the Brotherhood of Makuta or probably better, the Toa page, or something along those lines. With that, I'd make "Toa Hagah" a redirect to Toa (Generation 1)#Known Toa Teams, and rename the Hagah page to "Toa Hagah of Teridax". Or maybe Toa Hagah should be a disambig... or we can settle for a "You may be looking for..." ~ Wolk (talk) 19:37, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- As another possibility, we could move the info on Teridax's Toa Hagah to the Rahaga page. Then if we really wanted to push things far, we could merge other Toa team pages (for example, merging Toa Mata into Toa Nuva). But I also see an argument that the combined pages might be too long and confusing. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 04:03, 11 April 2023 (UTC)