BIONICLEsector01 talk:Articles for Creation
Approved proposals (please make these pages!)
Page will be made.
Regardless of exactly what we call it, I feel as though we need a single page for all the obscure merchandising items Bionicle had during it's run, such as the Toa Mahri Dart Shooter or the Sponge Morbuzakh or even the Soft Foam Takadox Mask and Twin Knives, which clearly aren't important enough to deserve pages of their own but could probably be compiled onto a single page. The only issue I can see with this is that some of these are very difficult to find reliable citations for that extend beyond photographs (Otherwise surely there would be some mention of the wearable glow-in-the-dark Piraka teeth on the wiki) --Snaptor (talk) 01:24, 25 September 2017 (CET)
Comments on Merchandise
I think this will be a good page to have - but i think we have to be very careful in drawing the line between regular sets and stuff and all the ancillary merchandise that was available. Intelligence4 (talk) 00:48, 28 September 2017 (CET)
I found a TTV topic that has a huge list of this sort of thing. It obviously wouldn't qualify as an actual source, but it could certainly help as a sort of "checklist" to see exactly what sort of things we're looking for. Are we allowed to link to TTV here? (Also, on a more amusing note, I'm not sure I've seen something gather eight votes this quickly in ages, I was expecting this to be controversial. =P) Snaptor (talk) 11:10, 28 September 2017 (CET)
- I just realized this only technically counts as seven votes, oops. Snaptor (talk) 23:49, 28 September 2017 (CET)
I've been interested in documenting Bionicle merchandise and saw that there were plans for a page to be made. However, it doesn't seem like much progress was made on it. I've drafted up a possible merchandise page in my sandbox.
I define "Merchandise" as any officially liscensed Bionicle product that isn't a set or media (such as book, movie, game, or pretty much anything not already well documented here). I sorted my list by year and whatever partner company produced the product. It's not a perfect system, as I'm still trying to figure out how to address things like Legoland gift shop items, Shop@Home exclusives, and freebies that weren't widly available. Most of my findings have been through old BZPower articles. Currently, I made it through 2003.
If there is another way I should submit a page that's already been approved, please let me know.
Update: Moved to approved pages based on Surel's suggestion.
-- Endruv (talk) 17:11, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
- I really appreciate the work you put into the topic, and since it was approved last time, I don't think we need a new poll for it. This could just go under the existing part on the top of the page, as a draft finally for the approved page. And in my opinion when you feel like it, you could make it into an actual page too! :) --Surel (Talk) 17:42, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
HEROSector01: Add Roblox and Poptropica Sponsored Events
Pages will be made.
This one is for HEROSector01, as I tried to find an Articles for Creation page over there but couldn’t find one, so instead I felt like putting this here. Hero Factory had a Poptropica advertisement and two Roblox events where players could earn prizes. For Poptropica, it was a minigame level, and for Roblox, two games. You can look up more about them online but basically for Poptropica it was promoting the 2010 line of sets while for Roblox, they promoted 2012 (Breakout) and 2013 (Brain Attack). From what I can gather, Poptropica had a Stormer outfit and his ice blaster gear, while Roblox had quite a bit of prizes and Catalog items. -- FirespitterVakama (talk) 08:23 AM, 29 November 2021 (EST)
Comments on HEROSector01: Add Roblox and Poptropica Sponsored Events
Create Category:Set Collection, and Category:Supplementary Sets
Category will be made.
These would apply to different set pages, similar to Category:Small Sets, Category:Medium Sets, Category:Large Sets, Category:Promotional Sets, Category:Playsets, Category:Special Sets, and Category:Canister Sets.
Category:Set Collection would cover set collections, such as 10202 Ultimate Dume and K8605 Toa Metru Kit I.
Category:Supplementary Sets would cover supplementary sets such as 8525 BIONICLE Masks, 6638 Ultimate Creatures Accessory Kit, 3259 Shooter + Disc, and 5002941 BIONICLE Hero Pack.
I choose supplementary as "accessory" has been used both for this kind of set, as well as for gear such as watches and backpacks.
Collectibles are already in Category:Collectibles (which also includes non-set articles), but I could also see making a Category:Collectible Sets. ~ Wolk (talk) 00:01, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
Comments on creating the categories
I think I'd prefer a different name for supplementary sets if it's going to include stuff like gear (Category:Gear is fine lol) but I think ammo packs and stuff can still fall under collectibles, barely. -- Dorek Talk 07:20, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
- I wasn't planning on including Gear, which is why I didn't go for calling Accessory Sets. ~ Wolk (talk) 09:16, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
Meta: Community Terminology
Page will be made.
I think it might be nice to have a page with frequently used terms that crop up in the community (AFOL, MoC, that kind of stuff). I'm not beholden to the name. -- Dorek Talk 17:19, 13 September 2022 (UTC)
Comments on creating Meta:Community Terminology
We could potentially link this to redirect pages like MoL, RoS, or TMC, for example. - Toa Jala Converse 03:51, 17 September 2022 (UTC)
Not as solid of an idea (and could use a better name), but I think it could be interesting to sort of group various prototype and pre-final release information into a location. Stuff like "Kanohi Artidax", Skrall having shadow powers, just these little miscellaneous trivia bits that do have individual homes but don't fit into a larger narrative (or if they do, that narrative tends to take up too much space on pages, for instance). And maybe there's stuff I've deemed too superfluous in the past that could find a home too. -- Dorek Talk 18:33, 6 October 2022 (UTC)
Votes for creating Meta:Cut Content
- -- Dorek Talk 18:33, 6 October 2022 (UTC)
- Might as well. - Toa Jala Converse 05:58, 10 October 2022 (UTC)
- ~ Wolk (talk) 05:39, 12 October 2022 (UTC)
- Firespitter Lhii (talk) 18:02, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
Votes against creating Meta:Cut Content
Comments on creating Meta:Cut Content
This could be interesting. Maybe I'll sandbox a list for this, if not a proper article. - Toa Jala Converse 06:01, 18 October 2022 (UTC)
- The beginnings of a list: BIONICLEsector01:Sandbox#Meta:Cut Content. - Toa Jala Converse 22:25, 23 October 2022 (UTC)
While we should show restraint in adding much more than links and any snipits that are not already on the wiki,this would be a good idea. Firespitter Lhii (talk) 18:02, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
BIONICLEsector01:Shortcuts OR Category:Shortcuts
Whether a BIONICLEsector01 page or a Category, I think it would make sense to list all our shortcut redirects somewhere (e.g., GSR, MU, GSB, etc.). I won't vote yet, since I don't know which option would be better. - Toa Jala Converse 06:01, 18 October 2022 (UTC)
Votes for creating BIONICLEsector01:Shortcuts
Votes for creating Category:Shortcuts
- We can also include this on the community terminology page, but I think a category might help. -- Dorek Talk 23:23, 19 October 2022 (UTC)
- Although I feel the trivial set numbers should not be included, rather just the abbreviations. ~ Wolk (talk) 07:02, 20 October 2022 (UTC)
- - Toa Jala Converse 06:10, 24 October 2022 (UTC)
Votes for creating neither Shortcut page
Comments on creating Shortcut page
Alternatively, we could perhaps build out Template:Shortcut as well? Might make more sense with a different functionality though... -- Dorek Talk 23:26, 19 October 2022 (UTC)
- Maybe, if we made a switch function that would let us use it for the actual shortcuts. - Toa Jala Converse 07:17, 20 October 2022 (UTC)
"Community Reviews" Section
Okay, so here's an intricate one.
So have you ever looked at a set page (no surprise this will be a resounding yes) and seen that set of sections: "Critical Reviews" and "Community Reviews." A lot of these models have yet to have stuff said about them from either angle. Unless we elect a reviewer (dear god please not Eljay LOL) there's nothing we can do about the Critical Reviews section, but I was thinking: what's stopping us BioSector users from submitting our own reviews to the section? Here's one idea for how this could work:
Here's the existing template that exists already.
Here's a totally real and not pretend link.
[Visualization Ends Here]
So this totally, 100% genuinely real link would lead to a page dedicated to user reviews submitted by us. See my sandbox's first Level 1 heading here. This could be a subpage, like "Set:XXXXX/Reviews" just like we have Sets/Combiners, etc. Alternatively, this can have a whole category page dedicated to it.
In each set page, you'd have something like what you can see on my sandbox's second Level 1 heading here.
So there's the idea. Thoughts? 𝙗𝙮 𝙒𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙯 03:12, 26 December 2022 (UTC)
Votes for this
- 𝙗𝙮 𝙒𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙯 03:12, 26 December 2022 (UTC)
Votes against this
Votes for one or both sections from Set Pages (A new vote for which one can follow?)
Comments on this topic
- Hi this comment was made totally by the real Swert and 100% genuine. This is the coolest idea ever and we should immediately implement this. (NOT written 𝙗𝙮 𝙒𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙯 03:12, 26 December 2022 (UTC))
Split Toa Hagah into Toa Hagah and Toa Hagah/Teridax
Because many Toa Hagah teams exist, and their is some information about Toa Hagah in general, . Firespitter Lhii (talk) 18:55, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
Votes for spliting Toa Hagah into a new page
Votes for spliting Toa Hagah into Toa and Toa Hagah of Teridax
- ~ Wolk (talk) 19:46, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- --Surel (Talk) 19:52, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- Dag (talk) 16:42, 12 March 2023 (UTC)
Votes against spliting Toa Hagah
- I think it's fine the way it is.
Votes for renaming and reworking Toa Hagah to be all toa Hagah, but include current page as subsection for Teridax's Hagah
- Firespitter Lhii (talk) 18:55, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
Comments on Spliting Toa Hagah
Unless I'm mistaken, nothing is known about any other makuta's Hagah team, so I feel a whole page is not neccessary, but links could be confusing if say a section of the Krika page for example included a link that goes to just talking about Teridax's team without explaination. Firespitter Lhii (talk) 18:55, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- Agreed, the Hagah (general) page would end up being kind of a stub. However, I'm finding it hard to format the page in such a way that works for the Toa Hagah of Teridax not overshadowing the general Hagah concept, while also not being down-played. In my eyes, it's not so much that Toa Hagah deserve a page of their own, it's that the Toa Hagah of Teridax deserve a page of their own, separate from the general concept of Hagah. Thus, an alternate proposal would be to have the general Toa Hagah info be on the page of the Brotherhood of Makuta or probably better, the Toa page, or something along those lines. With that, I'd make "Toa Hagah" a redirect to Toa (Generation 1)#Known Toa Teams, and rename the Hagah page to "Toa Hagah of Teridax". Or maybe Toa Hagah should be a disambig... or we can settle for a "You may be looking for..." ~ Wolk (talk) 19:37, 8 March 2023 (UTC)