Approved proposals (please make these pages!)
BIONICLE Facebook Page
Page will be made.
This wiki should probably have some way of referencing the happenings of the Bionicle Facebook page, which often releases images and videos that are either exclusive or are not released on another source until later and hosts events such as contests. Bionicle websites have articles so it should seem logical that the facebook page should as well. Even if a page is not made, there should be some way of referencing events that unfold on the facebook page as well as images, videos, and other content. This could mean a nav template or a category of some form. Post your thoughts.
I don’t think this page has even been made yet, but I don’t see why we don’t just make a whole ‘Social media’ page with all of the Bionicle social media accounts including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. all onto one page and just give them all their own section each. -- FirespitterVakama 08:22 AM, 23 September 2021 (EST)
- Was there a BIONICLE YT channel and Twitter? I don't remember that, I only remember them using the LEGO YT channel. ~ Wolk (talk) 19:10, 2 July 2022 (UTC)
Page will be made.
Regardless of exactly what we call it, I feel as though we need a single page for all the obscure merchandising items Bionicle had during it's run, such as the Toa Mahri Dart Shooter or the Sponge Morbuzakh or even the Soft Foam Takadox Mask and Twin Knives, which clearly aren't important enough to deserve pages of their own but could probably be compiled onto a single page. The only issue I can see with this is that some of these are very difficult to find reliable citations for that extend beyond photographs (Otherwise surely there would be some mention of the wearable glow-in-the-dark Piraka teeth on the wiki) --Snaptor (talk) 01:24, 25 September 2017 (CET)
Comments on Merchandise
I think this will be a good page to have - but i think we have to be very careful in drawing the line between regular sets and stuff and all the ancillary merchandise that was available. Intelligence4 (talk) 00:48, 28 September 2017 (CET)
I found a TTV topic that has a huge list of this sort of thing. It obviously wouldn't qualify as an actual source, but it could certainly help as a sort of "checklist" to see exactly what sort of things we're looking for. Are we allowed to link to TTV here? (Also, on a more amusing note, I'm not sure I've seen something gather eight votes this quickly in ages, I was expecting this to be controversial. =P) Snaptor (talk) 11:10, 28 September 2017 (CET)
- I just realized this only technically counts as seven votes, oops. Snaptor (talk) 23:49, 28 September 2017 (CET)
- MY VOTE COUNTS FOR EVERYTHING -- Talk 03:39, 29 September 2017 (CET)
I've been interested in documenting Bionicle merchandise and saw that there were plans for a page to be made. However, it doesn't seem like much progress was made on it. I've drafted up a possible merchandise page in my sandbox.
I define "Merchandise" as any officially liscensed Bionicle product that isn't a set or media (such as book, movie, game, or pretty much anything not already well documented here). I sorted my list by year and whatever partner company produced the product. It's not a perfect system, as I'm still trying to figure out how to address things like Legoland gift shop items, Shop@Home exclusives, and freebies that weren't widly available. Most of my findings have been through old BZPower articles. Currently, I made it through 2003.
If there is another way I should submit a page that's already been approved, please let me know.
Update: Moved to approved pages based on Surel's suggestion.
- I really appreciate the work you put into the topic, and since it was approved last time, I don't think we need a new poll for it. This could just go under the existing part on the top of the page, as a draft finally for the approved page. And in my opinion when you feel like it, you could make it into an actual page too! :) --Surel (Talk) 17:42, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
Tag will be incorporated into Wiki
Comments on "Meta:" Tag
HEROSector01: Add Roblox and Poptropica Sponsored Events
Page will be made.
This one is for HEROSector01, as I tried to find an Articles for Creation page over there but couldn’t find one, so instead I felt like putting this here. Hero Factory had a Poptropica advertisement and two Roblox events where players could earn prizes. For Poptropica, it was a minigame level, and for Roblox, two games. You can look up more about them online but basically for Poptropica it was promoting the 2010 line of sets while for Roblox, they promoted 2012 (Breakout) and 2013 (Brain Attack). From what I can gather, Poptropica had a Stormer outfit and his ice blaster gear, while Roblox had quite a bit of prizes and Catalog items. -- FirespitterVakama (talk) 08:23 AM, 29 November 2021 (EST)
Comments on HEROSector01: Add Roblox and Poptropica Sponsored Events
Create Story (BIONICLE.com)
Page will be made.
During the years of 2008-2010, the Story section of BIONICLE.com hosted story material.
2008: 1. The Swamp of Secrets 2. The Codrex 3. The Storm 4. Mata Nui 5. Epilogue
2009: 1. Mata Nui 2. Tajun 3. Secret Lab 4. Unity 5. Destiny
2010: Showdown In The Sky
The Tajun one is particularily interesting as it's an actual piece of story, rather than recaping. I think a page similar to Wall of History (BIONICLE.com) would be fitting here, in addition to adding them to Template:OnlineCitation. ~ Wolk (talk) 07:17, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
Comments on creating Story (BIONICLE.com)
I'd have to double check, but the last two 2008 ones look verbatim to The Rising and The Truth, both of which were also on Bionicle.com. The Tajun but is a great find, I think you're right. Might not hurt to make backups of the Bios and Weapons info. --Gonel (talk) 15:25, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
- Actually, it looks like you've already done that! Awesome! --Gonel (talk) 15:27, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
Create Quest for the Toa Walkthrough
Page will be made.
Something I've been interested in working on for a while is a walkthrough for Quest for the Toa. As one of the few games with something of a canon status (much less one that covers an exclusive part of the Bionicle timeline), I think it would be nice to build a walkthrough for it on BS01. I don't see this being a narrative walkthrough like those of MNOG or MNOG 2 (since what little narrative there is is pretty much recycled across every level). Rather, I've talked to Swert and gotten his permission to use the one originally published on Gamefaqs as a starting point, then refining it and expanding it with all the dialogue and any other pertinent information. This way, anyone who gets stuck on a level, or who wants to reference all the dialogue or information easily can find the information they need. --Gonel (talk) 23:01, 21 June 2022 (UTC)
Create Category:Set Collection, and Category:Supplementary Sets
Category will be made.
These would apply to different set pages, similar to Category:Small Sets, Category:Medium Sets, Category:Large Sets, Category:Promotional Sets, Category:Playsets, Category:Special Sets, and Category:Canister Sets.
Category:Set Collection would cover set collections, such as 10202 Ultimate Dume and K8605 Toa Metru Kit I.
Category:Supplementary Sets would cover supplementary sets such as 8525 BIONICLE Masks, 6638 Ultimate Creatures Accessory Kit, 3259 Shooter + Disc, and 5002941 BIONICLE Hero Pack.
I choose supplementary as "accessory" has been used both for this kind of set, as well as for gear such as watches and backpacks.
Comments on creating the categories
I think I'd prefer a different name for supplementary sets if it's going to include stuff like gear (Category:Gear is fine lol) but I think ammo packs and stuff can still fall under collectibles, barely. -- Talk 07:20, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
- I wasn't planning on including Gear, which is why I didn't go for calling Accessory Sets. ~ Wolk (talk) 09:16, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
- Eh, then I don't think Supplementary Sets would be necessary, it's a bit too broad of a definition. -- Talk 10:54, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
Page will be made.
Now that the Meta tag is up and running, this seems like a decent time to share a proposal I've been working on. Basically this page would discuss the usage of Māori and other Polynesian words in the early stages of BIONICLE, the lawsuit filed by the Māori nation (although I admit my sandbox is lacking in this area), and the eventual compromises that were reached between the Māori representatives and The LEGO Group.
As with other Meta pages, it could replace several meta trivia points across many pages. Please keep in mind that I consider my sandbox of the page to be incomplete. I welcome any additions, corrections, or constructive criticism. - Toa Jala Converse 20:36, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
Comments on Meta:Use of Māori Words in BIONICLE
- I like the concept, but I feel like it should be extended to other languages as well.--Surel (Talk) 07:52, 11 July 2022 (UTC)
- I appreciate the support and the feedback from everyone here.
- @Wolk: The name is negotiable. I'm open to suggestions.
- @Surel-nuva: That's a great idea, especially for the 2009 story arc, which used many Latin words.
- @Gonel: There are many names that have obvious English origins, especially in 2008 (Antroz/Antrozous, Radiak/Radio, Gavla/Galva). They might be worth mentioning.
Walt Disney Pictures TokenZone/Disney TokenZone
Bionicle: Mask of Light, the first film for Bionicle, was featured in a crossover virtual trading card game known as Disney TokenZone, a collaboration between Walt Disney Pictures and TokenZone. However, the section for Mask of Light was not paired up with any other movie that was part of the service, as each movie offered their own separate set of trading cards and mini games to go with them, so essentially, B:MoL has it’s own separate website for it when it was part of service, and didn’t include references or appearances of other characters from Disney outside of Bionicle, so I think it should be fine given how each movie had it’s own separate distinct section(s).
However, the game is lost, and there’s hardly any information at all about it online. Maskoflight.com had a section on the website to take you to it, so there’s that.
I don’t know what the mini games were like, but I feel like having it on Biosector01 could help document it in-case somebody does have more information in-regards to it, since it hasn’t really been touched upon.
What we do know is some of the characters that appeared were, as well as some of the locations. I think I might also be able to find the names and descriptions of some of the mini games. I think it’s canon in the sense that it just literally follows the same story as Mask of Light, given that the original movie itself is such.
I am really curious myself about the game and have been trying to find out more information about it. What do you all think? -- FirespitterVakama 02:03, 9 April 2021 (EST)
For Walt Disney Pictures TokenZone/Disney TokenZone
- -- FirespitterVakama 11:56 AM, 26 April 2021 (EST)
Against Walt Disney Pictures TokenZone/Disney TokenZone
- This sounds like something that could easily be made into a trivia point. - Toa Jala Converse 17:03, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
- I agree with the above, if only because we don't have the necessary info on it. If someone can someone more detailed evidence of exactly what was on this page, then maybe the point should be reconsidered, but as it stands we can't really say enough about it to make anything more than a trivia point. --ToaOfSnow(talk) 09:27, 22 May 2021 (UTC)
- Agree with Toa Jala. But per Dorek, maybe we should have a Websites page. Invader39 (talk) 18:26, 26 November 2021 (UTC)
- Dag (talk) 00:02, 22 June 2022 (UTC)
- -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 19:45, 5 July 2022 (UTC)
- --Surel (Talk) 07:50, 11 July 2022 (UTC)
Comments on Walt Disney Pictures TokenZone/Disney TokenZone
I'm not opposed, but partially because we don't have an overarching "websites" page, we just have individual pages for all the sites. If we were to consolidate a bit I would think it would get a section, but maybe not a whole page. -- Talk 20:50, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
- I’m thinking about probably putting it on the MaskofLight.com page as a section for it, but yeah, I think I might as well do that in the meantime, and then go from there and see what others think, as to whether or not they want to split it, or just keep it as it is under the movie’s website page. -- FirespitterVakama 09:46, 10 April 2021 (EST)
I want to reply here to Toa Jala’s comment. Anyways, I feel like it should be noted that the game should probably have more than just one sentence placed under a Trivia section, due to the website that hosted it featured several games, alongside the ability to trade your cards in your deck for others that were available across the other Disney TokenZone pages. It was also featured on MaskofLight.com, with a line of text that would redirect to the website. There’s more to the website than you’d probably imagine, at least a lot more interesting information that should be put on it’s own page rather than just a few sentences that wouldn’t cover everything. -- FirespitterVakama 01:32 PM, 6 May 2021 (EST)