- 1 Approved proposals (please make these pages!)
- 2 Music of the BIONICLE films
- 3 Rename "Reformation of Spherus Magna" to "Restoration of Spherus Magna"
- 4 Rename "Assembler's Villages" to "Assembler's Village"
- 5 Put Rahi Challenges on it's own page
- 6 Gallery:sets
- 7 Proposal to split Fenrakk into Fenrakk Spawn and Fenrakk/Kardas/Kardas Dragon
- 8 Rename comic articles
- 9 BIONICLE Adventures Sampler
Approved proposals (please make these pages!)
BIONICLE Facebook Page
Page will be made.
This wiki should probably have some way of referencing the happenings of the Bionicle Facebook page, which often releases images and videos that are either exclusive or are not released on another source until later and hosts events such as contests. Bionicle websites have articles so it should seem logical that the facebook page should as well. Even if a page is not made, there should be some way of referencing events that unfold on the facebook page as well as images, videos, and other content. This could mean a nav template or a category of some form. Post your thoughts.
Page will be made.
Regardless of exactly what we call it, I feel as though we need a single page for all the obscure merchandising items Bionicle had during it's run, such as the Toa Mahri Dart Shooter or the Sponge Morbuzakh or even the Soft Foam Takadox Mask and Twin Knives, which clearly aren't important enough to deserve pages of their own but could probably be compiled onto a single page. The only issue I can see with this is that some of these are very difficult to find reliable citations for that extend beyond photographs (Otherwise surely there would be some mention of the wearable glow-in-the-dark Piraka teeth on the wiki) --Snaptor (talk) 01:24, 25 September 2017 (CET)
Comments on Merchandise
I think this will be a good page to have - but i think we have to be very careful in drawing the line between regular sets and stuff and all the ancillary merchandise that was available. Intelligence4 (talk) 00:48, 28 September 2017 (CET)
I found a TTV topic that has a huge list of this sort of thing. It obviously wouldn't qualify as an actual source, but it could certainly help as a sort of "checklist" to see exactly what sort of things we're looking for. Are we allowed to link to TTV here? (Also, on a more amusing note, I'm not sure I've seen something gather eight votes this quickly in ages, I was expecting this to be controversial. =P) Snaptor (talk) 11:10, 28 September 2017 (CET)
- I just realized this only technically counts as seven votes, oops. Snaptor (talk) 23:49, 28 September 2017 (CET)
- MY VOTE COUNTS FOR EVERYTHING -- Talk 03:39, 29 September 2017 (CET)
Glatorian Action Figure Game
Page will be made.
I was looking this up the other day to remind myself of the rules. For some reason though, there's only a note in the set information for glatorian of all places. It seems strange for it to not have it's own page, or at least it's separate section or sub section on the glatorian page. --"♫We're driving old smokey! Porkchop's at the wheel! When we hit the junk realm, we'll make the drones squeal!♫" ~Prof. Srlojohn 20:07, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
Comments on Glatorian Action Figure Game
so, how many votes are needed to get approval? --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 19:12, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
- Per the rules on BIONICLEsector01:Articles for Creation you need three more votes, unless someone votes no, in which case you need five more. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 22:00, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
- maybe on the website, if not that's it then. Though there were slightly different rules for; single, double, +Agori, and Vehicle. --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 18:37, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- agori game? it was just an add on to the normal --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 18:37, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
Music of the BIONICLE films
If the topic is deemed worthy of its own separate article, I would very much like to create one for the soundtracks to the Bionicle movies. I believe a suitable title would be "Music of the BIONICLE films". The Music article would be given a link to it at the top of the "Movie Scores" section (e.g. Main article: Music of the BIONICLE films).
This article would encompass the full details of the Miramax trilogy soundtrack releases as well as their history, using as much data about them as I can find. It would cover subjects such as how Nathan Furst was initially brought on board to score the films, why they remained unreleased for such a long time, and the efforts made to release portions of the score prior to the official releases. It would also include any available information on the score of The Legend Reborn; even though that film has not been given a soundtrack release, it is possible there could be one in the future. It would not include information about the music of The Journey to One since that is a web series and not technically a movie.
I believe this topic is worthy of its own article due to the large amount of relevant information about it, in contrast to the other sections of the main Music article. I would, of course, be happy to assume responsibility for creating and maintaining the article.
Please post your thoughts below; any support would be greatly appreciated. I'd really love to be able to move ahead with this article.
Create Music of the Bionicle Films Page
- Definitely. —Planetperson 22:55, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- Seeing as each is it's own release, i say a separate page --"LBX battle on!!!" ~Prof. Srlojohn 17:33, 27 March 2019 (UTC)
- I think that it makes a lot of sense. We could have a separate soundtrack page for each of the albums, now that they have been officially released. --Lukas Exemplar (talk) 15:53, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
Don't Create Music of the Bionicle Films Page
- As much as I love these soundtracks, I can't see them warranting their own page, although I agree that the information on the Music page is lacking. I feel that any relevant info on these albums should either be added there, or on the page for Nathan Furst (which is another page that could use a rewrite). --Snaptor(talk) 01:29, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
- I gotta say no here. Info should just be put on the relevant existing pages (i.e. music, nathan furst, each movie's page, etc) (The preceding unsigned comment was made by Intelligence4)
- -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 01:42, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- Not necessary. -- Toa Jala Converse 03:03, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- I think we can greatly expand the Music page with more information, such as track listings, maybe lyrics? but I don't think we need pages for the soundtrack, unless we are to also make pages for the songs. ~ Wolk (talk) 14:43, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 02:06, 24 May 2020 (UTC)
Comments on Music of the Bionicle Films Page
In response to Snaptor's comment in the "No" section at 01:29, 23 August 2018: Some of the information I had hoped to include in the proposed article is actually stuff I previously put on the Music page in the Movie Scores section, but another user seemed to think it was too excessive for that page and removed most of it (while also suggesting that I try to AFC a page). --Metalla (talk) 02:21, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
- That was probably me! Personally, I find a lot of it extraneous. I don't need to know where in Web of Shadows that minutes 1:05-2:37 of song 23 appear. We're not a Furst fanpage, no offense to the guy. The information needs to be relevant to more than just itself. -- Talk 02:40, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
- Understandable. This is why I feel a separate page would be a worthy undertaking, as there is a fair bit of information on these scores that people may like to explore and/or simply have a comprehensive database to refer to. Of course, I wouldn't include information that's just plain unnecessary like, say, a detailed list of where each track appears. --Metalla (talk) 03:36, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
I think if Metalla wants to spend his personal time contributing useful information to this wiki, even if some of you find it more detailed than necessary, there's no good reason not to let him go ahead and do it. —Planetperson 00:00, 24 August 2018 (UTC)
- While I do appreciate Metalla's enthusiasm here, and also agree that we could most definitely use more information on the soundtracks, there is a point where, even on an extensive wiki such as this, there can be simply too much information. Imagine if we went to Greg Farshtey's page and added everything we know about him from the ask Greg topics over the years; nobody needs to know what his favorite pizza topping is (seriously, I think someone did actually ask that). If we really want to make pages for these soundtracks, we should make one for each album (I feel a page for an actual album release is plenty justifiable if we have pages for fifteen second flash animations and the like). I just don't think we should make one, big page that would likely end up reading like a Nathan Furst fan tribute; as awesome as he and his soundtracks are, this is still a wiki and should remain objective. I support the movement for more information on these soundtracks, we just need to think about how we go about doing it. Individual album pages would have my vote, as long as we are discerning with exactly what we put on them. --Snaptor(talk) 01:29, 25 August 2018 (UTC)
- I get what you're saying. But given the amount of verifiable information that's currently available on the soundtracks (keep in mind it's only 3 albums, maybe eventually 4 if we're lucky), I really think a single cumulative page would be the best fit, at least for now. It would be better to have a page that encompasses all of the soundtracks in a complete and concise way rather than have multiple pages that are fairly short and contain redundant information. I would of course be very open to edits by other users, especially since there could be additional relevant information I am leaving out. --Metalla (talk) 04:59, 25 August 2018 (UTC)
Okay, been a little over a month since this section had any activity so I kinda wanted to touch base. Opinions on this AFC seem pretty mixed so far, though it doesn't look like a lot of people have voted. To anyone who has a definitive opinion on whether this article should be created or not, I'd love for you to share it and/or cast your vote in the appropriate section, as I'm eager to have a more clear idea of whether this thing is gonna fly or not. Furthermore, the possibility of creating individual pages for each of the 3 albums has been suggested; if more people voice approval for that idea, I'd be willing to change the proposal (or create a new one altogether) and advocate for the creation of those instead. --Metalla (talk) 15:00, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
Rename "Reformation of Spherus Magna" to "Restoration of Spherus Magna"
I think "reformation" is a poor choice of word here. The word "reformation" normally refers to correcting an institution or practice, not repairing a physical thing. It also has religious undertones. The term "restoration" would be more suitable.
Do rename "Reformation of Spherus Magna" to "Restoration of Spherus Magna"
- —Planetperson 00:20, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- ~ Wolk (talk) 15:55, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 17:29, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 23:25, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- --"LBX battle on!!!" ~Prof. Srlojohn 17:36, 27 March 2019 (UTC)
- "Reformation" never sat right with me, you hit the nail on the head. --Angel Bob (talk) 20:07, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- --PeabodySam (talk) 02:24, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
Don't rename "Reformation of Spherus Magna" to "Restoration of Spherus Magna"
- Feels somewhat unnecessary, the three fragments are literally "re-forming" into Spherus Magna, so the new name actually feels more vague to me. Only real argument I can see against this is that restoration does better describe the re-greening stuff Mata Nui did. --Snaptor(talk) 23:05, 24 March 2019 (UTC)
- -- Toa Jala Converse 02:18, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- --- I agree with the two people above me, Reformation makes perfect sense in this context.--Lukas Exemplar (talk) 00:02, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
Name "Reformation of Spherus Magna" to something else
Comments on renaming "Reformation of Spherus Magna"
Rename "Assembler's Villages" to "Assembler's Village"
It doesn't really make sense for the page name to be in plural, in comparison to other pages such as Rahi (Artakha Bull, Stone Rat, etc.), objects (Zamor Launcher), occupations (Crafter). Additionally the BEU entry on page 11 is not in plural. ~ Wolk (talk) 17:58, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
Do rename "Assembler's Villages" to "Assembler's Village"
Don't rename "Assembler's Villages" to "Assembler's Village"
- --"♫We're driving old smokey! Porkchop's at the wheel! When we hit the junk realm, we'll make the drones squeal!♫" ~Prof. Srlojohn 20:52, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
- The closest comparison that comes to my mind is Matoran Homes, and that's plural. --Snaptor(talk) 02:24, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- Per Snaptor. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 01:50, 23 May 2020 (UTC)
- Same as Snaptor— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 02:02, 24 May 2020 (UTC)
Comments on renaming "Assembler's Villages"
i say no, because some of the guides say that there are multiple villages spread around Po-metru. --"♫We're driving old smokey! Porkchop's at the wheel! When we hit the junk realm, we'll make the drones squeal!♫" ~Prof. Srlojohn 20:52, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
- Right, but there are also multiple Zamor Launchers? ~ Wolk (talk) 20:59, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
- A long time ago, back when the Vahki staffs were their own pages, there was a conversation about how they were named plurally ("Staffs of Command") while the Rahkshi staffs were named singularly ("Staff of Anger"). Somebody told me it was because each single Vahki had multiple staffs, but each single Rahkshi had only one staff. Not sure how to apply that to this, but thought it was worth mentioning. Is it accurate to describe this page as about the Assembler's Villages as a collective unit? -- Master Inika (Talk) 21:25, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
To expand on the comment I made in my vote; this seems to be a common trend for "plural locations". Chute Stations, Sea Gates, and Stalactite Villages are all examples of this, in addition to Matoran Homes that I mentioned above. If we really want to make this change, it really should be an all-or-nothing attempt, which is why I voted against just renaming the Assembler's Villages. I would be more open to a full renaming of plural locations, but would still need to hear the arguments. --Snaptor(talk) 23:27, 6 July 2019 (UTC)
Put Rahi Challenges on it's own page
I feel it would be appropriate to allocate the Rahi Challenge expansion for BIONICLE: Quest for the Masks it's own page; it was released several months later as it's own design, would help give better distinction between itself and the base game. --MightBeAlon (talk) 23:10, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
Yes: Create Bionicle: Rahi Challenge
No: Do not create Bionicle: Rahi Challenge
- --Gonel (talk) 17:14, 20 March 2020 (UTC)
- If it was just an expentions with new rules it should stay where it is. Would be worth to mention the changes/new rules tho— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 02:00, 24 May 2020 (UTC)
Comments on proposal to create Bionicle: Rahi Challenge
This is just my general ignorance on the card games themselves, but are the two sets not compatible? New rules is all fine and dandy, but if it's actually just an expansion, then I'd say they should stay on the same page. -- Talk 02:44, 13 May 2019 (UTC)
Yes: Create gallery:sets
- ~ Wolk (talk) 22:09, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- Could be handy, really. --Snaptor(talk) 08:21, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- this would be nice. --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 15:25, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- -- Toa Jala Converse 03:03, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- --Gonel (talk) 17:14, 20 March 2020 (UTC)
- I guess, but only if we include 1 picture for each— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 01:57, 24 May 2020 (UTC)
No: Do not create gallery:sets
Comments on proposal to create gallery:sets
I'm not opposed, I just don't see anyone willing to do the legwork =P. If someone were to actually create one, I certainly wouldn't complain. -- Talk 07:23, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- I can give it a shot. I'll need some help on formatting though, so I know what templates an whatnot. --"I wanted show that humans are not gods, nor are we monsters, i wanted people to think about what it means to be human" -Lex ~Prof. Srlojohn 15:22, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
Proposal to split Fenrakk into Fenrakk Spawn and Fenrakk/Kardas/Kardas Dragon
Per our previous vote, we are splitting Fenrakk/Kardas/Kardas Dragon off from the Fenrakk Spawn page. Vote on what the new articles should be called! -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 18:36, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
Split Fenrakk into Fenrakk Spawn and Fenrakk
Split Fenrakk into Fenrakk Spawn and Kardas
- BIONICLE Encyclopedia's entry is called Kardas. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 18:36, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- Makes sense, we could make Kardas Dragon into a redirect and Fenrakk into a disambiguation page. ~ Wolk (talk) 19:08, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- Same as Wolk.— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 09:47, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
Split Fenrakk into Fenrakk Spawn and Kardas Dragon
Comments on proposal to split Fenrakk into Fenrakk Spawn and Fenrakk/Kardas/Kardas Dragon
I do get the Ussal page comparison, but I gotta say I'm not really feeling this. It's a confusing enough situation as it is; they were introduced to the audience as "Fenrakk" and then "Fenrakk Spawn" but the Fenrakk Spawn are basically the original, even though that's not what the name implies at all? I think it's fine as is. -- Talk 17:24, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah Fenrakk spawn is a misnomer. I suspect it's an out-of-universe nickname, but there's no confirmation for that afaik. Regardless, if we don't split the page up, we should at least move it to "Fenrakk Spawn" since that's the actual subject of the article. The current setup is analogous to calling the Ash Bear article "Graalok." -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 22:12, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- My understanding (admittedly this is an uncertain topic) is that the "Fenrakk Spawn Spiders" are distinct from ordinary "Fenrakk" which are distinct again from Vezon's specific Fenrakk (which I think we should refer to as Kardas, it the same sense that we say Takanuva and not Takua). --Snaptor(talk) 10:47, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
Rename comic articles
Currently comic articles have the format "Comic issue-number: issue-name" while articles for other media, such as books, follow the format "BIONICLE series-name issue-number: issue-name." For consistency I think we should also use the latter format for comics too. To be clear, we say the series changes when the issue number resets. The format would be:
- 2001-2005 comics: "BIONICLE issue-number: issue-name" (BIONICLE 1: The Coming of the Toa)
- 2006-2008 comics: "BIONICLE Ignition issue-number: issue-name" (BIONICLE Ignition 11: Death of a Hero)
- Note: For 2008 comics, we'd also set up redirects with the format "BIONICLE Battle for Power number: name." That's because the Ignition series was rebranded as Battle for Power during 2008. (The issue number did not reset in 2008, so the 2008 comics are still part of the Ignition series.)
- 2009-2010 comics: "BIONICLE Glatorian issue-number: issue-name" (BIONICLE Glatorian 6: All That Glitters)
This scheme is consistent and predictable. It leaves out subseries like "Metru Nui" or "Sea of Darkness" because subseries were advertised inconsistently. Instead it only relies on the series name and issue number, which are less ambiguous, so readers can more easily find articles. As an added benefit, this scheme would let us delete silly redirects like Comic 1. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 18:27, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
Yes: Rename comic articles
- -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 18:27, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
- If it helps with the reference-based citation system, I'm on with it— Surel—Nuva (Talk) 19:58, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
- ~ Wolk (talk) 01:37, 15 June 2020 (UTC)
- --Gonel (talk) 04:47, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
No: Do not rename comic articles
Comments on renaming comic articles
BIONICLE Adventures Sampler
Here's a somewhat unusual suggestion: I know Dorek had previously mentioned that he was hoping to work on forming some sort of section for novel boxed sets and/or set packs, but the BIONICLE Adventures Sampler (which I was just recently able to get my hands on) is a unique publication that was technically released as part of a boxed set in the Special Edition Ta-Metru Collector Pack. The book itself is 70 pages, consisting of the prologue and first chapter of each of the first four Adventures novels and has an ISBN of 0439734606--I've uploaded an image of the full cover for reference. Not really sure what this would be categorized as, so I'll just nominate it for a page here and see what is suggested. --Gonel (talk) 22:49, 22 July 2020 (UTC)
Create BIONICLE Adventures Sampler
Don't Create BIONICLE Adventures Sampler
Host BIONICLE Adventures Sampler on Boxed/Packaged Set Page
Comments on BIONICLE Adventures Sampler
I had always assumed that was BIONICLE Adventures 1 just because of the color scheme and never really paid attention, hah. I'm still going to say it's more for a section on the BA page (same reason we don't have individual pages for every mini guidebook), but I'm not fussed either way. -- Talk 02:43, 23 July 2020 (UTC)