BIONICLEsector01 talk:Art Book Contest
In the Legends category, you're tasked with building a BIONICLE character (G1 or G2, we're not picky!) on the "Hero" side of the spectrum... only reimagined as a VILLAIN.
On the Infamy side, you're to take a traditional villain and, you guessed it, turn them into a hero!
What will be the judging process, if I might ask? Will it be up to the community to decide their favorite in a vote, or is it up to admin(s) to select winners (anything like a point system)?
Anything in particular that you're looking for in an entry? I think you implied that you value pose-ability - will that be a huge factor?
- It's going to be voted on by the community via polling. It's easier, more fair, and honestly we shouldn't be the ones to decide who wins stuff. What's the fun in that? :P --talk|contribs) Owner (
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Legends section for heroes turned villains, and the Infamy for villains turned heroes? Because I feel like the other contributors might have gotten them backwards.
- You are correct and the entries were placed under Infamy originally but there wasn't even a "Legends" subheading initially. I edited it once but it reverted, edited it again now. - Pohaturon
- Feel free to make it after, but per the rules you need to submit it here first. You can, of course, go back to EDIT the entry with a link to the topic if that is your intended gallery. --talk|contribs) Owner (
How strict are the requirements for characters being portrayed on the opposite side? For example, must a villain turned hero be portrayed as always being a hero, or can they be portrayed as having redeemed themselves and switching to the side of good? --Voxumo
- If you can make it visually convincing, I'm okay with the shades of grey characters. I just don't want to see a bulked up Brutaka placed on whichever side just because that's the way he was in the story. -- Dorek Talk 16:38, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
- In terms of background, that's totally fine. Personally I think the text is a bit busy, but if you want to, go for it. Just in general, I'd like the entry pic to be no-frills, single shot of the MoC; you can go nuts in the gallery.
- (also, love that MoC, that may or may not have been scheduled as a feature on our Facebook for the future...) -- Dorek Talk 16:38, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
Well, looks like Roodaka turned out to be quite the popular subject for this contest! Anyways, I do hope my entry is allowed... I started working on it after I saw that LDD submissions were allowed for this contest. However, I did not think to cross-reference my model with any databases like Brickset or Bricklink to confirm that every LEGO piece used was in an actually-available color... which, I realize in hindsight, could be problematic given that the rules also state that painted/modified parts are forbidden. Not like I've got a chance of winning this at all (I already see some lovely, fantastic entries here!), but at the very least I'd like to be able to throw my hat into the ring. --PeabodySam (talk) 23:15, 30 June 2018 (UTC)