Parent Page: Locations
When the Toa Metru first came to the island, Vakama personally chose Ta-Koro's location, keeping a good defense in mind. The village was then constructed after the Toa returned with the rescued Matoran using parts from some of the Matoran Spheres and the Airships for the Matoran Homes and the rest of the village.
About 1,000 years after the construction of Ta-Koro, Takua was banished from the village due to his penchant for traveling instead of working, and left in search for Toa Stones. After the Toa Mata defeated Teridax, Takua returned to Ta-Koro as the Chronicler.
During the Bohrok invasion, a swarm of Pahrak and Kohrak attacked Ta-Koro in an attempt to clean the area. Kapura managed to slip away to Kini-Nui to warn the Toa Mata of the attack. The Toa used the Kakama power of their Golden Kanohi to speed to the village and put a stop to the oncoming swarm. Once the Bahrag were defeated, Ta-Koro, along with the rest of Mata Nui was rebuilt.
Shortly after the Mask of Light was found by Takua, Teridax unleashed three Rahkshi to acquire it. The Panrahk, Guurahk, and Lerahk then proceeded to destroy Ta-Koro in their search for the mask, although the Matoran evacuated before the village sank into the lava.
Ta-Koro was located in the middle of the Lake of Fire. Vakama designed it to resemble a fortress to help the Matoran defend themselves. It has a mechanism which allows giant stone blocks to emerge from the lava so that Matoran could travel from the village to the outside. Ta-Koro was also the location of several lava farms and a great Kolhii Field. Ta-Koro was later destroyed by the Rahkshi and sank into the lava that surrounded it. Tahu's Nuva Symbol was not in Ta-Koro when the village fell, however.
The Ta-Matoran were the primary Matoran residents of Ta-Koro. The Matoran of Ta-Koro resided in homes made from cooled lava, and they performed day to day activities such as Lava Farming or Lava Surfing. Several notable Matoran lived here, such as the Captain of the Guard, Jaller (now Toa Mahri of Fire), and the Chronicler, Takua (now Takanuva, Toa of Light) .
Former Notable Inhabitants
- Vakama: Village Turaga.
- Jaller: Kolhii champion, Captain of the Ta-Koro guard, former Toa Inika and now Toa Mahri.
- Kapura: Member of the Chronicler's Company.
- Tahu: Toa Mata turned Toa Nuva of Fire.
- Takua: Chronicler and Av-Matoran - currently Toa of Light
- BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa
- BIONICLE Chronicles 2: Beware the Bohrok
- Wall of History (BIONICLE.com) (Mentioned Only)
- Bohrok Promo Comic
- Comic 4: The Bohrok Awake
- Comic 5: To Trap a Tahnok
- Comic 7: What Lurks Below
- BIONICLE Chronicles 3: Makuta's Revenge
- Comic 9: Divided We Fall
- BIONICLE Chronicles 4: Tales of the Masks (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light Novel
- The Legend Continues
- BIONICLE Adventures 6: Maze of Shadows (Mentioned Only)
- Comic 15: Secrets and Shadows
- Comic 3: Showdown (Mentioned Only)
- Dark Mirror (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE Legends 11: The Final Battle (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: The Official Guide to BIONICLE
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Quest for the Toa
- Mata Nui Online Game
- BIONICLE: Quest for the Masks (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui (Non-canonical Appearance)
- Bohrok Online Animations (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Matoran Adventures (Mentioned Only)
- Mata Nui Explorer (2002)
- Toa Nuva Promo CD
- Bohrok-Kal Online Animations
- Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light Game (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE: The Game (Non-canonical Appearance)
- Mata Nui Explorer (2003)
- Mata Nui Explorer (Movie)
|Kini-Nui << Ta-Wahi - Ta-Koro >> Ga-Wahi|
| Mangai Volcano (Lake of Fire) | Charred Forest | Place of Shadow | Tren Krom Break | Ta-Wahi Beach (Bohrok Nest Portal) |
Wall of History | Kolhii Stadium | Temple of Courage | Sacred Fire
|Ta-Wahi (Ta-Koro) | Ga-Wahi (Ga-Koro) | Le-Wahi - (Le-Koro) | Po-Wahi (Po-Koro) | Onu-Wahi (Onu-Koro) | Ko-Wahi (Ko-Koro) | Kini-Nui|
|Solis Magna||Spherus Magna | Red Star|
|Metru Nui (Maze of Shadows) | Karzahni | Zakaz | Xia (The Mountain) | Northern Continent (Tren Krom Peninsula) | Artakha | Stelt | Odina | Southern Continent (Voya Nui) | Karda Nui | The Pit | Destral | Nynrah | Tren Krom's Island | Visorak | Daxia | Southern Islands (Artidax)|
|Pocket Dimensions||Field of Shadows | City of Silver|
|Alternate Universes||The Melding | Spherus Magna | Toa Empire | The Kingdom|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media