Question: is there a way we could implement an age verification feature for users so that greg could use this site to interact with us? he's stated on the LMBs that LEGO's social media policy prohibits interacting with minors online, but i don't think an age verification feature would be very difficult - right? also, isn't bs01 a lego partner site or something? Intelligence4 (talk) 00:14, 5 February 2017 (CET)
- another thought on that, i guess we wouldn't want a ton of new users signing up on here just to talk to greg, and then potentially mucking up the wiki if they don't know the rules, etc. so another idea i had is we could set up a dedicated page for it or something - maybe on greg's theoretical talk page or something, idk. Intelligence4 (talk) 00:18, 5 February 2017 (CET)
- It's been discussed before, and it's not in LEGO's purview to allow. -- Dorek Talk 06:01, 6 February 2017 (CET)
- We could implement a 13-only rule, but LEGO still wouldn't allow it. It's more complicated than just the age thing, and we don't want to create an age barrier for no reason. -- Dorek Talk 21:37, 18 February 2017 (CET)
- But why wouldn't Lego allow it? ~OnionShark 11:03, 19 February 2017 (CET)
- Part of it is the legality of having adults talk to children, and the inherent liabilities. Other things are probably just related to corporate policy. -- Dorek Talk 01:04, 20 February 2017 (CET)
" Can we make/create the Template:GregCitation without 6 or 8 votes on the AfC? It seems pretty necessary as the Book/Comic/Media/Online Citations were. -- Surel—Nuva (Talk) 15:24, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- I suppose we could make it, but if we do we'll likely overhaul it later. Hopefully in the future we'll have a searchable Greg quote database where you can link to quotes directly. I'll have to figure out how to best do that though. In the meantime, maybe ask Dorek? -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 19:04, 26 February 2017 (CET) "
- If you wanna make a database of all the GregF quotes, then we'll have plenty of time to keep using GregCitation. I mean, I made an estimation and there seem to be 60,200~ posts in the OGTs, and that's not counting the two Ask Greg and CwGF. And really, why go through making such a long database when someone can simply copy&paste the date of a quote on the search bar for the OGTs transcripts and find the quote immediately? ~OnionShark 23:00, 26 February 2017 (CET)
- I'm okay with both of these things. As long as the abbreviations don't get too conflicting and/or nonsensical, it's cool. -- Dorek Talk 05:07, 28 February 2017 (CET)
- So, can we make an exception to the 6/8 votes rule like SN proposed? ~OnionShark 12:50, 28 February 2017 (CET)
Is fine. -- Dorek Talk 23:31, 28 February 2017 (CET)
hi my name is mata nui avunaka i'm a administrator of BIONICLE WIKI and i would like to ask to you and Biosector01 if you would agree to make an alliance with our wiki, you see we are the only and the most complete wiki in spanish and we want a real integration between wikis no matter the distance so would you like to make an alliance with our wiki? here's the main page http://es.bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Portada of our wiki --Mata nui avunaka (talk) 15:18, 6 March 2017 (CET)
Maze of Shadows
I think the Maze of Shadows (game) should be under the semi-canon category instead of the non-canon one. We know that the Toa Metru encountered mutated Rahi, Rahkshi, and Bohrok in the maze, like in the story-mode of the game. If the worm-controlled Bohrok wouldn't be canon, the "Protection" would never have been witten. -- Surel—Nuva (Talk) 12:13, 8 March 2017 (CET)
- I'm not too familiar with the game, but that seems reasonable. I'd recommend checking with Dorek to be sure though. Also, IDK if you're doing this already, but just in case: if a character appears in a piece of semi-canon media and we know that their appearance is entirely non-canon, I think we're better off labeling the appearance NC than SC. Likewise, if the character's appearance is entirely canon, no need to label it SC. -- Morris the Mata Nui Cow (talk) 05:06, 9 March 2017 (CET)
Semi-canon sounds fine. -- Dorek Talk 23:33, 13 March 2017 (CET)
Concerning The Rahi Page
Hello Dorek, I am a newcomer so I apologize if I shouldn't bring this here instead of the Rahi talk page. Or do these edits myself but I am afraid to screw up or indirectly break policies. But there are things I want to bring attention to, remind and maybe get an answer.
Second, I think since Sonic Entity is a Rahi in origin, it should go to that said list. I am sure you with other admins discussed where it along with Avohkah, Kratana, Fire Entity and Vatuka should be placed or categorized.
Three, MNOG citation should be removed from Electric Bug. We can't be certain it's the same as Lightning Bug.
And four, do Acid Flies have visual representation in BIONICLE Heroes? Or they were just mentioned in the game?
Once again I apologize if I shouldn't bring this to you, thank you!
- The Manutri, the Fire Entity and the Avohkah have been added. With the bugs, you're right. The Sonic entity was created by the Lohrak hordika, but wasn't a rahi. The Vatuka and the Kratana are not Rahi on the same way as the Krana and the Kraata are not Rahi. In the BIONICLE Heroes, the blue bionicle-piece rahi, (basically, Toa Metru lower torso with 2 technic connectors) are the acid flies. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 18:04, 21 March 2017 (CET)
- Thank you User:Surel-nuva for editing the Rahi page and giving me the welcome box on my user talk! However with all respect, if Sonic Entity despite being rahi in origin doesn't fit the criteria to be on the list so should Minion. Please do correct me if I am wrong, I didn't read the novels that feature these characters. I understand it's not easy to categorize these "outcasts" along the ones I mentioned, especially since definition of what makes rahi a rahi is not fully clear. --BionicleMax (talk) 06:56, 22 March 2017 (CET)
- The Real difference between Minion and the Sonic entity: Minion was created in a Rahi experiment (He was to be a Rahi, just became more intelligent than the average, and escaped) by a Makuta, and the Sonic Enity was created by a Rahi. If you had created the sonic entity it wouldn't have been a human, just a thing created by a Human. — Surel—Nuva (Talk) 08:57, 22 March 2017 (CET)
How do people become managers/admins/etc on this wiki? also, who oversees stuff like site maintenance and paying for web hosting fees and whatnot? (and who owns the site?) Intelligence4 (talk) 19:43, 22 March 2017 (CET)
- so does he pay for all the hosting fees by himself? was he always the owner, or did someone else create the site? Intelligence4 (talk) 20:02, 22 March 2017 (CET)
Affiliation or Partnership
hi my name is mata nui avunaka, i'm an administrator of BIONICLE WIKI and i would like to ask to you and Biosector01 if you would agree to make an affiliation or partnership with our wiki, you see we are the only and the most complete in spanish that has BIONICLE information and we want a real integration between wikis no matter the distance, so would you like to make an affiliation or partnership with our wiki? here's the main page http://es.bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Portada of our wiki --Mata nui avunaka (talk) 15:54, 27 March 2017 (CET)