Parent Page: Characters
|Tools||Staff of Fear|
When Makuta Teridax's initial strike force of three Rahkshi was defeated by Kopaka, Teridax unleashed an additional team of Rahkshi, one of which was a Turahk. The three Rahkshi surfaced and attacked Onu-Koro, during which the Turahk promptly defeated Pohatu by using his own fears against him. The Turahk then came very near to capturing Takua before being stopped by Pohatu and Onua.
When the six Rahkshi cornered Kopaka, it was the Turahk that struck second, enveloping the Toa Nuva with his own fear of failure. However, Kopaka snapped out of the trance and flash-froze the Rahkshi.
While hunting for the herald, Turahk combined with Lerahk and Kurahk to form a Rahkshi Kaita Za. The Kaita, along with its brother Rahkshi Kaita Vo caused devastation in Le-Wahi and also caused the approaching Tahu to feel angry, and Kopaka to feel fear. They and Lewa confronted the Kaita, but underestimated them. Rahkshi Kaita Za caused a cyclone and took down Tahu and Kopaka. While the other Kaita aimed an attack to finish Lewa off, Kopaka managed to reflect it away towards the Rahkshi Kaita Za. Later, the Turahk, Lerahk and Kurahk separated.
Later, the Turahk, along with the other five Rahkshi, cornered Takua, Jaller, and Pewku in the Kini-Nui, only to encounter the Toa Nuva. While attempting to drain the energy of Lewa and Pohatu, the Rahkshi Vorahk accidentally struck the Turahk with its staff, draining its energy instead. As the Turahk was defeated, the Toa Nuva turned their attention to the other Rahkshi. None of the Toa noticed energy flowing back into Turahk and the Rahkshi heading for Takua and Jaller.
Throwing Pewku aside, Turahk trapped Takua in a wall of terror, as the Matoran attempted to run. The Rahkshi swung his staff at the helpless Matoran, only to be intercepted by Jaller, who was killed by the energy blast. Turahk was grabbed by Pohatu and Gali, but shook them off and came for Takua yet again, but Jaller's sacrifice caused Takua to don the Avohkii and transform into Takanuva, freezing the Turahk in its tracks with Light energy. Turahk's and the other Rahkshi's armor was subsequently dismantled and used to make the Ussanui.
Abilities and Traits
Turahk usually rely on shadows and surprise, and are said to be able to appear and disappear at will. Turahk's power was particularly disturbing to the Toa Nuva, heroes who have rarely known fear.
Turahk carry Staffs of Fear, through which it can induce anything from slight unease to complete terror in their foes, depending on the power of the Kraata. A being struck by a Turahk's energies will either run in panic or remain rooted to the spot in sheer terror.
Turahk was released as a set in the summer of 2003. It contained forty-five pieces, including a rubbery Kraata. It could be combined with the Kurahk and Lerahk sets to form the Rahkshi Kaita Za. Certain canister sets were packaged with a mini CD that explained the characters of Turahk and Takanuva.
- Teridax chose to use Turahk to stop the coming of Takanuva because Fear was in direct opposition to the Ta-Matoran Principle of Courage.
- The Zone of Nightmares on Voya Nui replicated a Turahk in an effort to frighten Toa Inika Jaller. Jaller was able to destroy the Turahk, which morphed into a deceased Toa Nuva Tahu, who Kongu revealed to be an illusion as well.
- Comic 13: Rise of the Rahkshi! (First Appearance)
- Rahkshi Promo Comic
- Comic 14: At Last -- Takanuva!
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light (Book)
- BIONICLE Legends 2: Dark Destiny (In an Alternate Future)
- BIONICLE Legends 5: Inferno (As an Illusion)
- BIONICLE: Collector's Sticker Book
- BIONICLE: The Official Guide to BIONICLE
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated (Mentioned Only)
- BIONICLE: Makuta's Guide to the Universe
- Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle
- Rahkshi Promo Animations (Non-canonical Appearance)
- Rahkshi Mini Promo CDs
- Mata Nui Explorer (2003)
- Mata Nui Explorer (Movie)
- BIONICLE: The Game (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light (Game) (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE: Maze of Shadows (Non-canonical Appearance)
- BIONICLE Heroes (Non-canonical Appearance)
|Turahk | Guurahk | Lerahk | Panrahk | Vorahk | Kurahk | Rahkshi of Heat Vision | Other Rahkshi|
|Brotherhood of Makuta|
|Former Leaders||Miserix | Teridax (deceased)|
|Former Members||Antroz | Bitil | Chirox | Gorast | Icarax | Kojol | Krika | Mutran | Spiriah | Tridax | Vamprah | Makuta of Stelt (all deceased)|
|Former Minions||Ahkmou | Brutaka | Exo-Toa | Fohrok (destroyed) | Karzahni (deceased) | Kraata (Shadow Leeches) | Kraata-Kal | Mana Ko | Manas | A Maxilos (destroyed) | Minion | Morbuzakh (deceased) | Nivawk (deceased) | Pridak | Rahi Nui | Rahkshi | Roodaka | Seeker | Shadow Matoran | Shadow Toa | Sidorak (deceased) | Takadox | Toa Hagah | Visorak | Voporak|
|BIONICLE Sets of 2003|
|Small||Kopeke | Matoro | Hahli | Hewkii | Hafu | Macku|
|Canister||Nuhvok-Kal | Tahnok-Kal | Kohrak-Kal | Lehvak-Kal | Pahrak-Kal | Gahlok-Kal |
Panrahk | Kurahk | Lerahk | Guurahk | Vorahk | Turahk
|Large||Jaller & Gukko | Makuta | Takanuva (Ussanui) | Takua & Pewku | Takutanuva|
|Collectible||Krana-Kal | Kraata|
|see full list|
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media