Parent Page: Objects
|Location(s)||Scattered across the Matoran Universe|
|Functionality(ies)||Focus Elemental Powers, melee combat|
Many of the first Toa Tools were made by Artakha and his Matoran laborers. Toa Tools are usually personally designed for a certain Toa's use, though Toa are able to use nearly any type of weapon in order to channel their power.
Matoran living in the realm of Karzahni constructed six Toa Canisters, and placed a weapon inside each of them. Jaller and his team, who commandeered these canisters to escape the realm, later claimed these weapons as their own after being transformed into Toa Inika. The same energy that transformed the Matoran also super charged the weapons with energy. These tools were later transformed by the Kanohi Ignika, and one was abandoned by Kongu in exchange for a Cordak Blaster.
If a Matoran transforms into a Toa while holding a tool, it too will transform with them into a weapon that they may choose to use as their Toa Tool, such as in the case of Takua who was holding a Kolhii Stick when he transformed into a Toa. Similarly, if a Toa transforms into a Turaga while holding their Toa Tool, it may become a smaller variation of that tool which is commonly used as a Badge of Office, as in the case of Turaga Whenua.
Toa Tools are used primarily to concentrate and channel a Toa's Elemental Powers. Toa can also use the weapons for melee or physical combat. Some tools have additional functions, such as Tahu Nuva's Magma Swords, or Toa Metru Vakama's Disk Launcher, often also serving as modes of transportation. The spears of the Toa Hagah each have an additional power, manifested in a greater concentration of the wielder's elemental affiliation. Takanuva's Power Lance also has a similar function, being capable of amplifying attacks channeled through it. The weapons of the Toa Inika were charged with energy.
The Toa Hordika's weapons had an additional power, one which they lost when they returned to their original forms: the ability not only to charge up their Rhotuka spinners, but to also charge other objects (i.e. a gate) with Elemental Powers.
Toa Tools are used for both offensive and defensive purposes. A Toa usually wields one Toa Tool, though some are known to carry multiple tools in order to effectively carry out their duty.
Other Toa Tools
The following are tools which have been only briefly described or mentioned:
- Tidal Spear - Toa Hagah Gaaki's Toa Tool; originally lost upon her transformation into a Rahaga, but has been restored on her re-transformation into a Toa.
- Avalanche Spear - Toa Hagah Pouks' Toa Tool; originally lost upon his mutation into a Rahaga, but has been regained on his transformation back into a Toa.
- Tri-Claw - Savage's Toa Tool, which can liquefy solid matter.
- Combat Staffs - Staffs used by the Toa Hordika of Metru Nui during the Visorak occupation of the city.
- A pair of blades Toa Varian wielded on her elbows.
- A spiked mace and shield carried by Toa Helryx.
- A trident formerly used by Toa Nikila.
- A flail formerly used by a Toa at the Toa Fortress that was attacked by Frostelus.
- A mace formerly used by another Toa at the Toa Fortress that was attacked by Frostelus.
- An axe that can absorb and hurl back Elemental energy; looted by the Dark Hunter Charger from a Toa.
- A melee weapon discarded by Toa Mahri Kongu and replaced by a second Cordak Blaster.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media