Timeline/The Great Rescue
Parent Page: Timeline
|History of Spherus Magna||History of Spherus Magna|
and Aqua Magna
|History||History of the Matoran Universe|
|Legends of Metru Nui | The Great Rescue|
|The Dark Time | Coming of the Toa | The Bohrok Swarms | The Bohrok-Kal Strike | The Mask of Light|
|Quest for the|
Mask of Life
|Voya Nui | Mahri Nui | Karda Nui|
|Bara Magna||History of Bara Magna | Bara Magna | Journey's End|
|Spherus Magna||Spherus Magna|
1,001 Years Ago
- ██ The Toa Metru explore Mata Nui and choose secured locations for future villages. Onewa is confronted by a terrified Rahi which is running from a tunnel in Po-Wahi. He realizes it might be a passage to Metru Nui.
- ██ Vakama convinces the others to each pour a small amount of Toa Power into six stones, as a precaution that, should they fail the mission, others may be able to follow through with it. The stones are hidden throughout the Island.
- ██ The team enters the cavern Onewa has found. They find a Bohrok Nest inside. Vakama has a vision of the future about the creatures destroying Mata Nui. They also discover a small Energized Protodermis pool and discuss its effects.
- ██ Matau and Whenua encounter a Kranua, which attacks them. The others arrive with Onewa and Vakama, who defeat it.
- ██ The Toa Metru encounter a large amount of Rahi, some dead, some still alive. Nuju discovers that one of them is a sea creature that suffocated.
- ██ Matau, irritated with Vakama giving orders, flies ahead of the others and becomes fused into the wall by a serpent-like Rahi.
- ██ The rest of the team searches for Matau and runs into a mutated Muaka who warns them, through Nokama, to turn back. They continue and soon find Matau, whom Onewa saves by reversing the effects brought on him.
- ██ The Toa begin a hunt for the Rahi that attacked Matau, but instead discover multiple Rahi, all found mutated and dead by an unknown cause. Nokama finds a carving which shows the Bahrag dipping Krana into the Energized Protodermis pool.
- ██ The Rahi Nui teleports into the tunnels and picks up the scent of the Toa Metru. It teleports again in the midst of the Toa.
- ██ The Toa Metru are assaulted by the Rahi Nui. They soon realize that it can absorb their elemental attacks and that it has Kanoka disk powers.
- ██ The Metru continue their ferocious battle against the Rahi, which defeats Matau, Onewa, Whenua and Nokama. In the final outcome, Vakama and Nuju work together and manage to make the Rahi grow to the point it dematerializes.
- ██ The Toa recover except Nokama, whose wound has become fatal. Eventually they agree to go on to Metru Nui, hoping to find a cure for her.
- ██ The five are captured by the Karzahni plant, who explains his existence to the Toa. He then offers a deal to the Toa, asking them to bring back Energized Protodermis. In exchange, he will cure Nokama. The Toa Metru agree and Nokama is temporarily healed, to aid in obtaining the substance.
- ██ Journeying further, Toa Onewa temporarily becomes the host of creature that shows him a future vision concerning the Visorak. The Toa also finds a vial to contain the Energized Protodermis.
- ██ The Toa Metru come to a lair of Teridax where the Protodermis is located. The Energized Protodermis Entity manifests itself to them, speaking about the universe and its knowledge about it. After refusing to give a sample of the substance, it begins to fight them with mutated Rahi.
- ██ Eventually the Toa defeat the Rahi and destroy three of the four pillars in the chamber. The entity grudgingly allows them to scoop some of the substance in the vial. However the being attacks the Toa once their backs are turned, forcing them to bring the last pillar down. This destroys the chamber and stops the Entity from striking again.
- ██ The Toa speak with Karzahni and agree to give him the vile once he fully heals Nokama as promised. Doing so, the creature receives the substance and is consumed by the power of the Energized Protodermis after using it.
- ██ The Toa Metru make their way to the Great Barrier.
- ██ The Visorak hordes, lead by Sidorak and Roodaka, are summoned by Teridax and invade Metru Nui.
- ██ Six canisters fall from the sky, landing in the sea around Mata Nui.
- ██ Vakama encounters and defeats the Fire Entity
- ██ The Lhikan II is built from roots of the Karzahni. The plant begins to re-grow.
- ██ A storm in the Silver Sea batters the Lhikan II
- ██ The Lhikan II crashes into the Le-Metru beach.
- ██ A lizard who saw the Toa Metru gets attacked by Visorak and saves itself by telling it that the Toa Metru have returned.
- ██ The Toa Metru under Vakama's leadership make their way through Le-Metru.
- ██ Matau and Whenua are attacked by Vahki Rorzakh, but manage to escape. Visorak destroy the Vahki.
- ██ Onewa leads them to a Vahki Hive, realizing how the system overload from the power plant being drained as changed the Vahki's programming.
- ██ There Nuurakh and Keerakh approach, and Matau uses his Mahiki to shift to a Rorzakh. As they are about to kill him, a Keelerak Rhotuka slices the Vahki staffs.
- ██ Matau flees inside where the Toa Metru have discovered a cocoon. The Sonic Entity attacks them.
- ██ Matau defeats the creature made of sound with a vacuum.
- ██ A mutant Lohrak attacks the Toa, the creator of the sonic being. Nuju defeats it by coating its wings in ice.
- ██ Onewa is trapped by a Suukorak, but they are driven off.
- ██ Whenua realizes that the Visorak have attacked Metru Nui. Vakama gets angry with him and fights with Onewa over it. They travel through the Archives to the Coliseum to avoid the Visorak, and realize that most of the creatures which have come to Metru Nui were fleeing the Visorak.
- ██ They encounter Graalok, an injured Ash Bear. The Toa heal it.
- ██ The Toa Metru are ambushed by Keelerak outside the Coliseum and are captured. Sidorak decides to dispose of them.
- ██ Roodaka convinces Sidorak that mutating and dropping the Toa Metru instead of just killing them will add to his glory. They are mutated into Toa Hordika, who are dropped off the Coliseum to a sure death, but are rescued by the Rahaga and are taken to their camp.
- ██ Matau wakes up and nearly attacks the other Toa Hordika when he does not recognize them.
- ██ The Rahaga Norik explains what happened, including that they can no longer use mask powers and are limited to using their Elemental Powers through their Rhotuka.
- ██ The other Rahaga introduce themselves and explain who Keetongu is.
- ██ Vakama stalks off and encounters a mutated Muaka, and is convinced by Norik to return to the other Hordika.
- ██ The Toa Hordika start searching for parts to make an Airship, which is to be used to escort the Matoran to safety.
- ██ The Krahka attacks Roodaka but is defeated and forced to do a job for her.
- ██ The Hordika try to search for Turaga Dume, and are cornered by Visorak. They manage to escape, but fail to awaken Dume.
- ██ Roporak are attacking Kikanalo, and Vakama angrily charges in at them.
- ██ Kualus tells Nuju about the language of the flyers, and Nuju fall prey to an Oohnorak trap. They hide in the sewers.
- ██ A Roporak spies on Iruini telling Matau that he was a Toa Hagah once.
- ██ Gaaki and Nokama are swimming in Ga-Metru, and Nokama accidentally creates a massive thunderstorm.
- ██ In the sewers, a Kahgarak moves in on Kualus and Nuju.
- ██ Roodaka tells a Boggarak of her assumption that a Toa will join her.
- ██ In the Archives, Bomonga and Whenua are startled by Nuju and Kualus being thrown through a wall. They lock themselves in a room to hide from the Kahgarak.
- ██ Vohtarak come in through the vents, and the Kahgarak waits outside. Whenua brings the room down on them all.
- ██ Pouks and Onewa watch a Kane-Ra
- ██ At his forge, Vakama discovers a Toa Disk for Nuhrii.
- ██ Gaaki and Nokama defeat a Gate Guardian to enter the Great Temple. They find carvings unearthed by Krahka that show Vhisola as the Toa of Water.
- ██ Onewa and Vakama rescue Nuju, Kualus, Whenua, and Bomonga.
- ██ Trying to get Ko-Metru Chutes running, Suukorak ambush Kualus and Nuju. Ice Bats drive them off long enough for the two to escape via Gukko.
- ██ In the Archives, Whenua and Bomonga find a tablet detailing the Visorak. Kahgarak corner them.
- ██ Matau and Iruini are trapped in a hangar overrun by Visorak
- ██ Onewa uses strategy with Pouks' help to use Rock Raptors to get rid of Kikanalo.
- ██ They find Teridax's Po-Metru Lair, Onewa finding a tablet. Pouks goes after a Stone Snake.
- ██ Vakama finds Lhikan's journal, finding that apparently Lhikan was influenced in his choices for Toa Metru. Norik sees Visorak going to Le-Metru.
- ██ Whenua and Bomonga manage to get one Kahgarak transported to the Field of Shadows, but they are two. Finding the Kahgarak, they follow it.
- ██ Pouks jumps on the Stone Stake, revealing it as Krahka. Onewa and Pouks get Krahka's aid as a Roporak watches on.
- ██ Matau hears Nokama asking to open the hangar doors, and finds it was an Oohnorak imitation.
- ██ In Le-Metru, Nokama and Gaaki spy Sidorak on a tower as Kualus and Nuju land their Gukko. Roporak ambush them.
- ██ Krahka goes to the hole in Ta-Metru that the Tahtorak fell through and dives in.
- ██ Roodaka orders the Zivon set loose in Le-Metru.
- ██ The Tahtorak is called up by Krahka, and ridden by her, Onewa, and Pouks. Crunching Zadakh, they save Nuju and Kualus. Onewa guesses Matau is in the hangar Visorak are swarming.
- ██ Whenua and Bomonga emerge with the Kahgarak from the Field into Sidorak's hands. The Zivon is summoned.
- ██ Matau is saved by several Rahaga and Hordika who start fighting.
- ██ The Hordika crazily attack the Visorak and manage to save Whenua and Bomonga. Rhotuka fly as chaos ensues.
- ██ The Tahtorak and Krahka attack the Zivon, and manage to hurt it bad. A Kahgarak launches a Rhotuka at all three, sending all three to the Zone of Darkness.
- ██ The Visorak are trapped in a tower as Sidorak flees. Only some Boggarak survive the frenzy inside.
- ██ Naming the tower the Tower of Toa, it is elementally protected. Onewa reveals Krahka's planted information that they never were supposed to be Toa.
- ██ Roodaka suffers extreme pain as she cuts off a part of Teridax's prison and places it in her chestplate.
- ██ The legend of the Mask of Light and the Makoki Stone is told to Vakama by Norik and Gaaki.
- ██ Vakama finds his Makoki Stone above molten protodermis, but a Lava Eel melts through the beam he was standing on.
- ██ Onewa creates a stone platform for Vakama, and learns of the Makoki Stones.
- ██ Onewa runs through a canyon to where he finds his Makoki Stone. A purple tentacled Rahi grabs him as Visorak close in.
- ██ Whenua saves Onewa.
- ██ In the Archives, Whenua finds a Makoki Stone, but triggers a trap that shatters a water barrier.
- ██ Nokama saves Whenua from falling down a waterfall and learns of the quest to find the Avohkii.
- ██ Underwater, Nokama finds her Makoki Stone, but is ambushed by Visorak.
- ██ Nuju saves Nokama, and finds his stone in a Knowledge Tower, but is cornered by Visorak.
- ██ Matau saves Nuju, and after finding his stone he rides a vat network to the Great Temple.
- ██ They unearth the hidden Avohkii, but Visorak swarm the temple.
- ██ The Avohkii is encased in stone by Onewa because the light would have attracted more Visorak.
- ██ The Visorak are defeated.
- ██ Vakama sends Nokama and Matau to scout the Coliseum's defenses for a final raid. They encounter some Visorak resistance.
- ██ They stow away under a Visorak Battle Ram that is going in a Visorak tower. Roodaka hears them and orders the ram pulled to the furnace.
- ██ Whenua is scolding Vakama for sending the two alone, and Vakama attacks him.
- ██ Matau creates a cyclone that blows the ram to the other Hordika. Only him and Nokama survive.
- ██ Norik tells them a story about a diversion he used when he was a Toa Hagah, annoying Vakama further.
- ██ Vakama decides to turn on the Toa Metru and rescue the Matoran by himself, but realizes it could never work after Visorak capture him.
- ██ When Roodaka offers him a position as the new commander of the Visorak and possibly King he realizes this is what he needs and so he joins the Visorak.
- ██ The other Hordika and Rahaga go to the Great Temple. The Hordika guard as the Rahaga translate inscriptions to find Keetongu. Vakama captures all the Rahaga but Norik.
- ██ The Hordika find the Great Temple in flames and rescue Norik.
- ██ Vakama brings the captured Rahaga to Sidorak, and is accepted as general of the Visorak.
- ██ Norik tells the Hordika of what he translated, that they must 'follow the tears to where reach the sky'. The find Protodermis running from the Great Temple and follow it.
- ██ At a bridge made from webbing, Oohnorak attack them. The six end up having to swim in the river.
- ██ Vakama is in command of the Visorak with only Sidorak's command higher than his.
- ██ Going through an Underwater Chute, the Hordika and Norik find the Ko-Metru Hideaway and Keetongu.
- ██ The Hordika tell their tale, and Keetongu agrees to help them because they are devoted to the Three Virtues
- ██ The five Toa break in the Coliseum and Vakama orders them to bow to him. They refuse and Visorak pour in to surround the Toa.
- ██ They ride their Rhotuka up to a higher ledge as Visorak attack them. Matau continues to fly up. The Hordika briefly uses Combat Staffs.
- ██ Sidorak and Roodaka hear Keetongu scaling the Coliseum, and they go to defeat him.
- ██ Matau tries to get to Vakama, but is knocked down the Coliseum. Angry, he begins to climb up.
- ██ When Sidorak fails to hit Keetongu with his Herding Blade, Roodaka hits him with her Catcher Claws
- ██ Vakama and Matau fight, and Matau is kicked off the edge. In desperation he clings to a bust of Sidorak.
- ██ Roodaka tricks Sidorak into being beaten to death by Keetongu. Now she's the queen.
- ██ Norik frees his fellow Rahaga and they contribute to the fight.
- ██ Matau lets go of the ledge, which snaps Vakama back to the side of good. Jumping down using Visorak webbing as a bungee cord, he saves Matau.
- ██ The Hordika below had been making progress, but are outnumbered and soon surrounded. Roodaka rides a Kahgarak over, and talks to the four. Vakama pushes Matau over with the others.
- ██ All six fire their Rhotuka at Roodaka, and it hits her heartstone that was carved from Teridax's prison. Teridax saves Roodaka from death as he was freed.
- ██ The Toa Hordika are transformed by Keetongu back to Toa Metru.
- ██ The Toa leave in six giant Airships with the Matoran and head to Mata Nui. The Rahaga and Keetongu begin to rebuild the city.
- ██ Vakama returns to recover the Vahi.
- ██ Vahi is stolen by Voporak after Vakama recovers it.
- ██ The Shadowed One and Sentrakh depart Odina to learn the fate of Nidhiki and Krekka. Lariska is placed in charge.
- ██ Vakama is placed in a vision by Teridax, in an attempt to make him hand over the Vahi. Vakama breaks out of the vision, after having a vision of the future Toa Krakua via a Kratana.
- ██ Vakama teams up with Teridax to recover the Vahi from the Dark Hunters.
- ██ Vakama battles Sentrakh and Teridax fights Keetongu. Both win their respective fights.
- ██ Teridax and the Shadowed One confront each other, the Shadowed One realizing Teridax absorbed Nidhiki and Krekka.
- ██ They fight, Teridax's wings being burned off, but the Master of Shadows wins by throwing the Shadowed One in Voporak's aging field to age him. This results in the commencement of the Dark Hunter/Brotherhood of Makuta War.
- ██ Vakama retrieves the Vahi, and encounters the Karzahni plant. The Karzahni plant tells Vakama they were meant to be Toa Metru as Mata Nui and the Order of Mata Nui influenced Teridax to influence Lhikan with the names of those meant to be Toa.
- ██ The Karzahni is killed by Teridax, and he and Vakama enter a standoff as Vakama is willing to smash the Vahi.
- ██ Teridax agrees to leave the Matoran alone for one year in return for Vakama not crushing the Vahi. Vakama is teleported to the island where he tells the Toa they were meant to be Toa.
- ██ The Toa Metru hide Great and Noble Kanohi all over Mata Nui.
- ██ The Toa Metru give up Toa Power to awaken the Matoran, and transform into Turaga.
|Characters | Sapient Species | Locations | Flora | Fauna | Objects | Powers | Vehicles | Society | Events|
LEGO | TECHNIC | BIONICLE | Hero Factory | BS01 Wiki | Policies | Sources | Saga Guides | Timeline | Media